Can the LDS Church accidently become Christian?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 12 years ago

With Lds church change their views every so often (Modern day revelation). Can they change all of the cultish views and become Christian?

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha, nice try. They are Christian.

Is 'changing your views' mean you can't be Christian? Bye-Bye Catholic Church then.

1. profile image52
        passingthewordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ok, But they are not Christian. More like a cult.

1. profile image0

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Belief in the Bible.

Belief in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Belief in Christ as the Savior.

I'd say they qualify.

1. profile image52

You don't believe in the bible
            The 8th article of faith from the Mormon Church states, "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly."  This means that when the Bible contradicts Mormonism, the Bible isn't trustworthy

What Jesus do you believe?
            "In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ

Jesus is not you savior for all sins.

There are sins that can be atoned for by an offering upon an altar, as in ancient days; and there are sins that the blood of a lamb, or a calf, or of turtle dove, cannot remit

I does not qualify to me.

1. profile image0

Take a history lesson on the bible. For 1000 years, the bible was controlled 100% by a group that was more powerful than any government on earth. A group that was violently taken over at times by other countries. A group that allowed people to pay money to absolve their sins in advance.

There was no unanimous vote on what should go into and stay out of the bible. There are no original texts for us to see what the true meaning is. The bible contradicts itself in several places.

Of course the Bible isn't infallible, but you don't have to believe it is perfect to believe in it.

They believe in the Biblical Christ.

Christ is the Savior for all sins(minus the unforgiveable sin), can you counter that with LDS teaching?

1. profile image52

There you go putting the bible down. Mormons always do that to make the book of mormon look good.
                Don't you think that God is big enough to take care of his own word. True they is falsehood out there (like the LDS Church) but God said that His word will never pass away.
                So you are basically calling God a liar

to the 3rd statement   "?"

No they don't. where in the Bible does it say that Jesus had kids wives and so on.

They is only one unforgivable sin. blaspheming against the holy spirit at Satan’s return. But BY taught

(Sermon by Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, pages 53-54);

There are sins that can be atoned for by an offering upon an altar, as in ancient days; and there are sins that the blood of a lamb, or a calf, or of turtle dove, cannot remit
                LDS are not Christians. now back to my question.

1. profile image0

I'm not a Mormon, I just happen to have studied Mormon theology, as well as the history of the Catholic Church and the Bible.

It's not putting down the Bible to admit that it has mistakes. You can't deny that it does. At the very least, you have to admit that it contradicts itself when it says 'Mr. X did Y when he was 20', and later says 'Mr. X did Y when he was 24'. There is no reconciling that, it can't both be right.

Ok, you explain the contradictions in the Bible then.

What are you going on about? LDS doesn't have an official stance on that.

Yes, I know your fondness for the Journal of Discourses, no matter who is reporting what, where it was said, how truthful it is, or how out-of-context it is.

Every church has teachings that are contradicted by one particular interpretation of the Bible.

1. profile image52

Where is the X and Y stories? If you truly studied the bible you wouldn't have these questions.

what contradictions?

Yes every church has views but the LDS church say that it is revelation, it is the words from god.

The Journal of Discourses is the big reason for this post. The Jof D was doctrine in BY's day. It was the word of the true God according the LDS. But through the years the modern day revelation made the JoD not true or no longer doctrine.

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL, troll much?

1. profile image52

me or Jaxson?

1. profile image0

He quoted you.

It's clear to everyone that you're just here with some anti-lds agenda. The real question is... why?

There are maybe 3 LDS members I've seen who post in the religious forum at all, and they aren't bothered by your arguments... so what's your purpose?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
            Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't feed the trolls. They go away, back into the cave that harbors creatures with no avatar, no hubs and five fans after 14 months.

Don't feed it. Don't respond to me. Don't respond to it. Just leave. Let it shrivel and die in the agony of being ignored, the one thing it hates more than anything, especially knowing we know it's happening.

I bet it can't even resist responding to this post, with something, some denial, some something. Imagine, the troll, trolled.

Can it not respond? Can it bear not at least getting the last word?

I think it can't. It will say something else. Hoping you are weak.

Don't be weak. Let it the troll die alone.

1. profile image52

Shades i do this on the Campos of BYU. I also do this with real people and real friends. I am not just on this anti friend web site. that does not mean anything to me. see my other posts. People are listening.

Very sad for you shades looks like this is your life.

2. profile image52

Alot of LDS members respond to these post.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)