so "punk" is a racial slur now????,... oh no,... please dont do this

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (87 posts)
  1. stclairjack profile image78
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

ok,... I'm watching the news,... brace yourselves cousins,...

lets get this straight folks,... what this micro-phallus in Florida did to a harmless young man was horribly stupid evil,... wrong no matter how you interpret it,... he shot and killed in cold blood a young black kid for nothing more than being black in a predominantly white neighborhood,... this kid was armed with nothing more than a bag of skittles,.... how in blue hell was this kid threatening any one?????

did he try to make you taste the rainbow????

so this supreme idiot shoots the kid,... stalks him down the street because he imagines the poor kid to be some street thug,.... because he imagines himself to be some kind of neighborhood watch wanabe cop,....

now,..... we have 911 tapes to listen to,.... we can hear this wimple dick talking to dispatch like he's on some 007 mission,.... you know this jack wagon has the theme song to James bond playing in his head as he's describing this kid to the police,... "he looks black",.... that's it?,.... that's all you got there Grisom?

and then he says it,.... he calls the kid ..... "a F***ing punk",..... and now the news anchor is calling it a racial slur,....????? really?

NO NO NO NO.................... NO!

punk is not a racial slur damn it!,..... this man is a twisted little impotent piece of human debris and he shot an innocent young kid dead in the street because it made him feel like a big shot to pack a gun and protect the neighborhood from imagined threats,.... he shot a teenage boy to death,.... and probably whacked off when he got home to re-live the moment!

calling him a "punk",.... hardly the point I should think.

please Mr. media man,.... do not use this horrible moment in time to add another word to the off limits list of words you cant say in politicaly correct society.

there,.... I feel better,... how bout ya'll?

1. profile image0
      Peelander Gallyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would feel better if you wrote a letter to the TV station directed to the news anchor in question. There's nothing more annoying than people who are paid to read lines and smile deciding they have a relevant opinion that must be added.

stclairjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

good point,... i could,... but i probably wont.

2. Xenonlit profile image59
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where did you get the word He used the word coon. ARRRGGHHH.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image62
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

................... micro-phallus?

yup

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I heard about the innocent murder of that young man. It was a horrible crime and what I have yet to figure out is, why they haven't arrested the guy who did it? Punk is not a racial slur and that poor boy was an innocent victim of evil. sad

3. stclairjack profile image78

the federal gov is now involved because of the outrage that the shooter has not been arrested,... we are very litteraly having to make a federal case of this in order to get some kind of justice,...

it just struck me as vulture like of the media to latch onto a word,.. like "punk" and try to make hay with it,....

i personaly hate the concept of "hate crime",.... like it matters in the end if the shooter hated him because he was black?

not to sound like an ass but does hate only apply to race?

can we apply hate crimes laws to those who hate women? or men?

if i shoot someone because i hate the fact that thier raging stupidity drives me berserk,.... is that a hate crime?

if a woman shoots a man because she hates the fact that he beat and raped her?

i'm just saying that never before in american legal history did motive matter like this,..... motive was a tool used to prove guilt,.... never a means of punishing the perp more,.... until now.

wether he killed that boy because he harbored some hatred for blacks,...... or because he was an insecure bully with a bad case of little man synrome to compensate for,...

that inocent young man is and will be just as dead,... just sayin'

1. profile image0

I can't wait to see what kind of reason they cook up for not arresting the wacko. He has a long history of calling 911 with paranoid time-wasting nonsense, and his so-called "Neighbourhood Watch" was never registered. I think it was just him. Everyone is under the general impression that he probably wouldn't have shot a white kid who was 200 yards from his own house, though, and that he would have been in custody immediately if he had. Hate crime laws are complex and convoluted, as the recent sentencing of the kid who secretly filmed his gay roommate (who subsequently jumped off a bridge) having sex with an older man demonstrates. That kid, though, initially rejected a plea deal that included no prison time, so I actually laughed out loud when he got punched in the face with the maximum sentence after not taking the whole thing seriously.

i think your use of the word conveluted is spot on,... these types of "thought laws" are intentionaly vague.

4. LawrenceS profile image64
    LawrenceSposted 12 years ago

I think that he might of said the word "co*n" not "punk". "Co*n" is a racial slur, whereas punk is not. Don't quote me on this, this is what I think the media thinks he said. I heard the 911 clip and I also think he might of said that racially derogatory word.

Here is an article about it. http://www.policymic.com/articles/5756/ … acial-slur

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I listened to it.
      It's unclear what the man said.  Could be either of those words, or even something else.
      But the result is the same---a young man is dead.  People should concentrate on justice being served for that crime.

1. LawrenceS profile image64
        LawrenceSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The crime itself is important and it is not meant to diminish it's significance in any way. I think that proving that this man, that did the shooting, could have had some racial motivation behind the shooting. In fact, could incur the anger of the general population which might encourage the overturning of the law which the man is protected under.

5. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Yes, he called him a f**kin c**n. THAT is racial as heck. AS were his assumptions. AS is the state of FLA, who allow people to shoot on sight,-- make up a story later! I M O

The NRA has too much power. A gun is a lethal weapon, dangit! It's not a status symbol that makes you a macho man.

I'm so sick of people saying "it's my right it's my right"...yeah--we know! It's a right to kill when your emotions dictate.

i agree with you LMC in part,... i too am sick of insecure jack waggons over compensating for thier short commings by packing heat and hiding behind the first amendment to do so,...

i'm also tired of the actions of fanatical morons who couldnt get a date to prom sevring as the media appointed poster children for gun owners.

my gun is a tool,.. with wich i feed myself, entertain myself, and god forbid i should ever ectaully have to,... a tool with wich i can deffend myself.

in the same way that a knife is a tool that can also be used as a weapon,.... had this poor excuse for flesh decided stab the kid,..  would the story be framed the same?.... i doubt it.

6. stclairjack profile image78

well i may need to turn my cable news back on,... just the thought makes me queasy,... but as of last night they were saying that he called the kid a "punk",.... i never heard the woord coon,..... but then i couldnt make out the word punk iether in all the self deluded heavy breathing this colosal twerp was spewing.

if he called the boy a coon then yes,... thats racial as hell.

however,.... my greater point is that his motive for shooting the boy is only relevant in proving his guilt,.... its not another seperate crime.

hate is a tool,.... it can be used for good,.... and it can be used for evil.

the same as the gun the man had,.... its just a tool.

but then,.... the man that did this horible thing seems to be quite a tool in his own right.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't know about racial slur, but it has always been a derogatory term. Just check out the gangster movies from the forties and fifties.

that may well be true,... but derogatory and racial slur are nt the same,.... we are starting to spit hairs in this country over the use of a word,... given its context, its cultural meaning to the user of the word as opposed to the cultural meaing to those who might hear it,... and what are the regional meanings,..... and what doesthe word mean to each generation,... and so on,....

its all rediculous,.... if i am called a B**CH it will not phase me, but it might my grandmother,.... and if you were to pronounce it with two sylables it might offend someone else if it still didnt offend me...

but if you call me a B**CH just before you shoot and kill me,.... will i be any more or less dead?

no.

will my family care that you used a derogatory term to refer to me before you shot me to death?

no.

no offence to you druid dude,.... i always like your observations and points,....the whole subject of hate speach just burns me up,..... its a law against thought,.... its the thought police,.... its no better th he inquisition of days of old.

7. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I'm somewhat confused here. You're discussing a murder case, and the main topic of discussion is whether one derogatory name or another was used???

Would the murder have been OK, provided it was accompanied by the right term of abuse?

You certainly do things in a strange way over there!

you my dear friend have nailed it!

you got the point and made it as well,...

a man shot a young boy to death,.... the "why's" are irelevant,... the boy is dead at the hand of this man.

8. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Definitely. Hate is hate.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Write. We are discussing whether Punk is a derogatory term as defined by hate speech. And it could be defined so. It actually matters in law, because the penalties are worse for a hate crime. We want to nail 'em to the wall.

9. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

What this man did was wrong...that he thought he could do it...is wrong. He had no training...obviously. He should not have any authority...whatsoever...obviously.

Now there is a family grieving from the loss of a young one...and it is senseless.

The man that did this deserves no less then the full weight of whatever justice we have left...in this country. He made the choice to take action. He must pay for his actions. Not enough bad words can be said for what this man has done...and not enough excuses can ever be said.

The poor family and friends now have to try to understand this horrible deed...for every day of their life. Terrible.

10. lovemychris profile image76

Well, but the why is relevant.

Because, if a black man shot a white kid, you think he would still be free? Still have his gun??

I doubt it.

And why did they test the kid's body for drugs, but not the shooter?

Why no arrest? Why take the man's word for it? When they HAD the 9/11 call....heard the KID screaming for his life.

And the mans used punk in this way: "those punks always get away": meaning black kids!

If he targeted that kid for death because he was black...which to me is obvious:

We need to do something about racism in the "in-Justice" system of these United States of America.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Zimmerman is Hispanic. Around here, there's more animosity between blacks and Hispanics than there is between whites and blacks or between whites and Hispanics. I have no idea why that's true, but it is.

Based on FL's law, I don't see how Zimmerman can claim he was threatened. How threatening can iced tea and Skittles be? 2 eye witnesses said they saw Zimmerman sitting on Trayvon's back, so the young man was obviously subdued. EVEN IF there had been a scuffle previously, Trayvon no longer posed a threat at that point. The only crime this young man committed was being born black. If that had been a white kid, or maybe even a Hispanic kid, Zimmerman would never had taken notice. And just think, boys and girls, Georgie wants to be a real cop! I shudder at the thought.

11. lovemychris profile image76

Here's the portion of the 911 #TrayvonMartin call from his killer that the police scrubbed so no one would hear it: http://mmflint.me/GED034

1. profile image0

Yikes. I hope that guy spends the rest of his life finding out what it's like to be a racist pig who killed an innocent kid in prison. The Aryan Brotherhood can't protect you 24/7.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's unbelievable to me...and plenty of others.
        http://twitpic.com/8zi9xe

http://yfrog.com/hs19215201j

We do not accept this.

12. lovemychris profile image76

"I'm at the end of the #millionhoodies march now police force gathering behind us #ows police starting to crowd people, getting aggresive"

Why? Why do police do this?  Who the H do they work for? The people they are harrassing PAY THEIR SALARIES.....don't they?

13. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

Zimmerman's conversation with the 911 dispatcher combined with his actions made his racism quite clear. I suspect Zimmerman's racism grew out of his own minority ethnicity and his desire to ingratiate himself with a predominantly white community. The same need to look down on members of another minority group can be observed on the part of striving members of other minorities. I know someone of white ethnic minority ancestry who habitually makes racist remarks about African Americans I suspect to bolster his own ego. It's quite clear, to me at least, that Zimmerman's racism was an important motive for the atrocity he committed.

14. LGrey profile image59
    LGreyposted 12 years ago

I understand what you are saying. By the media focusing in on what term was used kind of takes away from the main point. Someone was killed. I also kind of understand why people latched on to what terms the murderer used. I think it is probably a way for people to try to understand, at least on some level, what would motivate a person to do something like that. The whole situation is so messed up and sad.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, it helps confirm the Zimmerman's intent and guilt.

15. lovemychris profile image76

Well, and they don't want him to get away with it!

But some people are saying that maybe this Zimmerman guy is a police informant or something...that's why they tried to cover it up.

I know for a fact that informants are allowed to get away with murder because they help the authorities.....just look at Whitey Bulger!

1. kerryg profile image85
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is pure speculation based on my understanding of the facts of the case, but my suspicion is that it wasn't so much a cover-up as just some racial profiling on the part of the police and pigheadedness.

I've heard that Zimmerman had foiled at least one genuine attempted crime in the past, so they probably assumed the kid really was a nobody up to no good and took Zimmerma's word for what happened, resulting in them not testing him for alcohol or drugs, not impounding the gun, the vehicle, or his clothes, not having him examined by a medical examiners, etc. From what I've heard, it was nearly 24 hours before they put two and two together that the dead John Doe was the same kid who's been reported missing from a house in the very neighborhood where he'd been shot. It was probably about then that they realized they'd bungled the case, but instead of admitting it, they dug in and hoped it would blow over, as these incidents usually do.

Unfortunately for them, Trayvon was essentially the perfect victim to draw attention to the problem of racial profiling in these sorts of cases (both on the part of the perp and the police) - a good student from a middle class, educated family with a clean record who lived in the neighborhood where he was shot and was armed with nothing but Skittles (which he was bringing home for his kid brother, no less) and some tea.

yup.

16. stclairjack profile image78

i guess the over all points i was trying to make were two;

A) why is it needed to focus on yet another word we might add to an ever growing list of banned words?... other than the fact that news achors need a reason to bloviate.

B) in the end, why do we need to punish the hatred? we cannot legislate hatred out of existance,... its legislating morality,.... it does not work when the right tries to enforce thier moral code,... and it does not work when the left tries to enforce the politicaly correct code

its hard for me to find the words for what i'm trying to express here,...

but most of us in america,... hell the whole human race,.... we have a universal understanding of right and wrong that realy doesnt fluctuate all that wildly between cultures,...

killing an unarmed teenage boy is murder.    period.

do i realy care if this fellow did it out of hatred?

every day children are killed by parents that are convinced they love them,... every day women are killed my men who claim to love them,... every day people die at the hands of a stranger who could care less about them,... not even enough to hate them,...

i just fail to see the point in making a crime of hatred,... it creates the slippery slope that leads to hate-speach laws,... and hate speach can, as hate crimes have been, be re-defined as a zelous prosecutor might see fit,...

do i condone what this poor excuse for manhood did in florida?,.. no,... but the knee jerk play of the race card only demonstrates that we are not yet past color in this country,... not by a long shot,....

and not on iether side.

if the autorities in florida would have stepped up and done the right thing to begin with,.... this wouldnt have even made the news.

so when injustice of this kind is set before a rightfully angry people,.... we resort to the old weapons that worked in the past... i guess if it works then its justified,... kinda machievelian (no, i dont know how to spell that, but we all know what i meant. hey there HP staff,.. please put spell check in comment boxes, thnx -jack)

i guess its just sad that we still have to drag out the old weapons.

You picked a poor case for your opposition to hate crime laws.

i know i did,.. but its still worth fighting for even when its up hill,...

the reason this being blown up to the proportion that it is, is due to the gross inaction of the florida authorities,....

they should have done the right thing in this case as in all cases because its the right thing to do,...

but instead, they will do the right thing only after much yelling and screaming, not because it was right,.... but because some one forced them.

the first failure was on the part of a little man with a big chip on his shoulder,... he took the life of a young man,... the motives dont matter when the boy is dead,...
        their in action forces others into action,... so that we will resort to the old hammers and clubs that worked in the past,.... in order to get the justice that we need,.... that these spineless whimps denied that boy

the second and greatest failure came about because those we trust with our safety failed us,.... those we trust with justice failed a young boy and his family,...

and i'm glad to hear that the city council has voted no confidence in the police chief there,.... it should cost him his job.

1. junkseller profile image77
          junksellerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Part of the purpose of law is deterrence, not just punishment. Hate crimes allow for greater punishments and attention as a means to try and deter crimes that are disproportionately levied against particular groups. Whether it works or not is a worthwhile discussion to have, but I don't think it is fair to say they have no point or purpose.

I tend to think that the hate crime designation should kick in when a crime NEVER would have happened had there not been a bias in the first place. In this particular case, it seems pretty clear that had Trayvon been a white kid he would still be alive, which makes this, to me, a clear hate crime.

I agree it can be a fine line between policing thought and policing action, but we do have a problem with intolerance in this country.

17. lovemychris profile image76

Except the dispatcher knew he was following him. "ok, we don't want you to do that"....and?

He was chasing the kid down and they knew this.

Stand your ground means if you are threatened...being approached with a threat, not running after a perceived one!

He went looking to kill that kid, and the NRA law will let him get away with it. IMO

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You and I as well as anyone else here was not there when it happened.  We do not know the facts.  We only know what we've read or seen on the news.  It is at the very least, disingeneous to suppose any outcome related to any gun law or anything else. Let's let the grand jury make their decision and we remember that, so far, one is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of their peers. I realize Obama wants to fix that, but it's still in the Constitution as of today.
      How about we let justice take it's course and not blame anyone or any group, except for the one responsible if that is the judgement of the grand jury.
      If he is guilty, then he should get the appropriate punishment. Death penalty.  Oh I forgot, libs don't believe in that.

Someone needs to explain why killing someone for racially motivated reasons makes the dead person more dead than just plain killing them.  They are still dead and last I heard you can't get any more deader than dead.  Penalty should not be any different.  Should still be the death penalty.  Either way.

Well, SOME people knew what was coming with this law. And, I heard a clip on the radio where Jeb Bush--who signed it into law, said to the NRA: "You helped get my dad elected."--or was it brother? Can't remember.....how many of them have there been??
        That, and the Christian Right.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article … d_Killings

According to people in that area, black kids are always being targeted and arrested on bogus charges.
        Zimmerman said he didn't think black people could afford to live in his neighborhood.--so, OF COURSE the kid was up to no good!!??

This kind of crap has got to stop.

18. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I'm just wondering (in case it hasn't been brought up here already?)  why is "Hispanic" now suddenly "White"?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As irrelevant as it is, he is part Hispanic, part Caucasian.

1. profile image0

Then it's just as "irrelevant" that the person who was killed was black.  Yet his race is all over the news, including calls from prominent black men to defend the "black" race.  Go look for yourself.
        There's such a thing as "innocent until proven guilty".  Or there used to be.  Nowadays, people aren't content to let the Police force do their jobs, nor even to wait until they get the whole story.  Activism has taken over.

Suppose a black man had chased a white kid and muttered f**in cr*cker under his breathe?

Suppose this black man was known to target white kids, who he thought did not belong in his neighborhood?

Race has EVERYTHING to do with it.

And has since America began.

1. profile image0

Only in your biased and vengeful mind, apparently.

And it hasn't been established what exactly the shooter said in the tape.  NOR if that's even a tape of him talking.

So--you are OK with this?

Vengeful....ahahaha!

1. profile image0

No, I'm not OK with any of it.   I'm especially not OK with racial activists keeping the authorities from doing their jobs!  Let justice be done.  Let the investigation go through, instead of making EVERY single incident an object of racial activism.  YOU are not a Police officer.  You are not an investigator.  You weren't there.  YOU are not Judge, Jury, and Executioner of every person who's involved in a crime.

" I'm especially not OK with racial activists keeping the authorities from doing their jobs!"

You miss the point. In this case the police weren't doing their job. That's what the uproar is about.

agreed ralf,.... this was not a story and would have dissapeared in the fog of time as the local authorities had hoped if not for the public out rage,...

the public would have known NOTHING of this case were it not for the civil right groups crying foul at the top of thier lungs,.... and thank god they did,..

the sad part of this all is that they had to.

in order to get justice,.... in order to get the authorities to do what was right,... they had to bring out the old guns

that is where the shame lies,.... not in playing the race card,... the same lies with those who forced people into having to.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

The murderer often target black kids and did not think they could afford to live in his neighborhood. Stop defending the racists every time... A 17 year old child was murdered by this man...

1. profile image0

Good grief.  It's being investigated.  It was already being investigated.  BY, I will add, a police force that probably has black members in it anyway.  I know our Indianapolis force has many blacks on it. So what is the problem?   If people can't trust their police force, then they should hold them to public scrutiny, yes,  but to jump on every incident demanding justice before the investigation even gets done, is bullying.  Let the Police do their job.   The Federal authorities have enough to do to keep Holder from handing more guns to Mexican gangsters.

THIS police dpt cannot be trusted!

"They might also investigate allegations of police misconduct, including a charge by one eyewitness that an officer on the scene of Martin's shooting told her to change her story. The witness says she stated that Martin had been screaming for help before he was shot, but that the officer "corrected" her and insisted it was Zimmerman who'd called for help, according to ABC News."
                  http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03 … -explained

This is JUST what happened in the case of my friend who was framed for murder. The police "corrected" an eye-witness about the color and make of the car he saw coming down the victims driveway! Ever hear of testa-lying??
                  They protect their own you know.

This is rotten to the core, and that's why they are covering it up, IMO. Zimmerman is dirty, somehow, IMO.

You seem to pick and choose what you consider "innocent until proven guilty."

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Some Hispanics are Caucasian and vice versa. Hispanics come in many varieties--Spanish, Indian, Black and infinite mixtures.

19. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

And this is very much a part of the story. The killer did not follow orders from the dispatch to remain in his car and wait for officers. And the police chief did not do his job.

20. rebekahELLE profile image84

I think President Obama made a very relevant statement in how it's one of those times for the nation to take pause, "I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how did something like this happen, and that means we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident,"

Brenda said:
    Why not be honest and say who you're not ok with? Who are these racial activists keeping authorities from doing their job? Where did you hear this? What did they do to interfere?  Sometimes we need to come out of our 'comfort zones' and look at both sides.

Racism is everyone's problem, not just the victims or perpetrators or 'racial activists', whatever that means.. we should all be human activists if racism allows an armed neighborhood watch guy (and this was ok with the police chief?)to shoot an innocent young black man (child) carrying a bag of skittles and an ice tea, and walk away free.

Sanford has a history of racial tension. Perhaps this tragic incident can dig deeper into how to resolve these tensions. http://www.npr.org/2012/03/22/149164373 … ords-roots

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marian-wr … 76414.html "It's Past Time To Protect Children, Not Guns"

1. profile image0

So, you didn't notice his little clue he threw out----he said if he had a son, he would "look like" that kid.
      Who CARES what a son of Obama's might look like?
      We should only care that a young man's life was ended, and let the investigation take its course.  Yes, from what I've read, there WAS evidence of a struggle between the man and the teen, with the man having grass stains on his back and physical damage on his person.   The investigation WAS underway.   But what happened?  The liberal activist agenda took over, and now there's a Federal investigation simply because the kid was black.

Tell ya what--go look up info about the WHITE kid who was recently doused with gasoline and set on fire.  Info says the two perpetrators were black teens.  Whether that's true or not, whether the white kid is lying about who did that to him, or whether it really was two black kids who did it, doesn't matter----shouldn't we ask for public justice RIGHT NOW?  I'd like to see the Federal authorities jump on that to see how it's being investigated.  Let's ask Obama, why don't we?   Maybe he will say "well....if I were married to a white woman and we had a son, that kid would look like me!"  Ya reckon?

Or maybe liberal activists should jump in on the current investigation in Indianapolis where a teen black gang member of the "Doughboyz" shot 5 other gang-member kids at the downtown Canal.   Oh but wait----all those involved are black including the shooter!   No further interest needed THERE.  roll   At least that's the info I found.  But if the shooter turns out to be a black teen, then I foresee a zillion Black Liberation activists coming out of the woodwork turning the case into a Federal one!  Such nonsense.

Why do so many common-sense people not even recognize the race card even when it's pulled out right in front of them and flashed in their faces?   Totally unbelievable!

21. rebekahELLE profile image84

I'm not sure why his response is being taken as a little clue. I can't understand your mindset, Brenda, so there is no reason I can see to respond to your biased comment.

There's nothing complicated about her mindset. Non-whites, non-Christians, and non-conservatives are wicked, evil abominations from hell, and being that she offers neither logic or evidence, there isn't any usefulness, as you said, in engaging her.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, perhaps I should have used the word, comprehend, rather than understand.

1. profile image0

You surely can read and understand English, and put 2 and 2 together when a President speaks, can you not?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, I don't read secret clues into everything someone says. The president was expressing his feelings. I feel sorry for people like you that can't see beyond your religious, political biases.

1. profile image0

Sorry for a person who can discern people's motives, not to mention actually hear what they outright SAY?!   Then you go right ahead and feel sorry for me!  LOL.   
              And I'll tell ya what---the next time Obama shows personal "feelings" and empathy or encouragement for some kid who's white, you let me know, okay?  There are some things in this world I'd like to see before I pass on.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6379170_f248.jpg
                Conservative headline: Obama punches little white kid.

1. profile image0

nice photo op there.
                  I'd like to hear any actual words.

I'd also like to know why someone didn't ask Obama to speak his feelings about this young white man who was shot in cold blood by a black man as though he wasn't even a human being----

http://www.walb.com/story/17147174/shocking

22. lovemychris profile image76

"It's Past Time To Protect Children, Not Guns"

Amen.

23. lovemychris profile image76

Rosanne speaking to Dick Gregory about it at 12 noon. (ET time?) If you are interested.

http://www.kcaaradio.com/

24. lovemychris profile image76

Well by gum, when a white 17 yr old kid gets murdered by a black man--I'm sure he will.

25. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

To paraphrase Groucho Marx:

Whatever he says, she's against it...

26. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

junkseller, it's mean and biased of people to say such things as "conservative headline:  Obama punches little white kid".   You should know better than to do that.  Seems to me (and should be obvious to everyone) that it's biased rhetoric like that which attacks conservatism and even personally conservatives when you say such rotten thing.

The whole point I've been making here is that people need to let the "Law" do its job, instead of compounding the hurt and sorrow and impact of a crime by crying "hate crime".    The apparent fact that the first incident we're talking about "seems" to indicate racial hatred as a motive, while the second one (by video, even) shows total lack of caring about another human being, are viewed as different, is silly.   Motivation does have some ground to be included in the sentencing of a criminal, but it makes no difference in how "dead" the victim is, and being motivated by hatred looks the same as being motivated by total lack of acknowledgement of an individual's right to life.

You and others should stop trying to say conservatives are biased.  It's actually those people who keep hollering "hate crime!" who are being biased.
    And if they're not careful, and this kind of accusation on a National level keeps being pushed, there's liable to be another Civil War.  An entirely needless one this time.  Because minorities already are free.  Yet the political activists who keep pushing the idea that they are not, are causing huge strife and racial tension between ALL segments of American society.  Obama is the main instigator of that.   He keeps conjuring up a vengeful attitude that the Black Liberation movement and Al Sharpton and a host of other public figures have, and agging minority groups on with it.   And of course there are the actual citizens who think it's okay to keep agging on the fires of vengeance that liberal minority groups display openly.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

You really have lost all touch with reality.

1. profile image0

What are you talking about?
        Are you saying it's unrealistic to trust Law Enforcement Officials and our Judicial System to do their jobs?
        And that you and the general public have the right to judge cases before they're even investigated and tried and are capable of doing that?

You have no idea what it is to be a minority in America.

It's NOT the same experience that you have.

I want the guy to get a fair trial. The initial outcry was because it was not being investigated. I don't agree with the Black Panthers offering a reward. But, it must be totally investigated.

Your blaming everything on Obama is where you lose touch with reality...

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Yes. I'm convinced that the level of criminality is actually higher in the law enforcement community than in the general population. Here's an example from yesterday's Detroit Free Press:

Karen Plants -- the former top drug prosecutor for Wayne County who was arrested and jailed in a perjury scandal -- has been disbarred.

The state Attorney Discipline Board ruled that a two-year suspension was inadequate punishment for her use of false police testimony in a major cocaine case.

In a 48-page decision released late Tuesday, the board said the legal system cannot tolerate lawyers who "intentionally procure or countenance false testimony, even for a purpose the lawyer may consider justifiable."

Plants used false testimony from two Inkster narcotics investigators to hide the identity and role of their secret paid informant in a 2005 drug bust. Plants pleaded guilty to a felony, and the officers pleaded guilty to misdemeanors. The felony trial of Mary Waterstone, the now-retired judge in the case, is on hold pending appeals.

Since her arrest, Plants has been doing social work with Cass Community Social Services in Detroit.

Initially, Plants' law license was suspended for two years, but the Attorney Grievance Commission, the state's legal watchdog, appealed that as too lenient. The Attorney Discipline Board agreed and revoked her license.

Plants' lawyer Kenneth Mogill declined to comment Wednesday on the decision.

There are two potential paths open to Plants if she wants to regain her license. Under state rules, a disbarred lawyer can apply for readmission after five years, but has to appear before a fitness panel and retake the bar examination. The disbarment also can be appealed to the Michigan Supreme Court, but only with the court's permission.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti … 2203220454

2. junkseller profile image77

I hope you're being sarcastic, but in case you are not, I DO know better. I was just trying to make a point. You use the exact same sort of  biased rhetoric all the time. "Left-minded and wicked" you call them and anybody evidently different from you gets tagged with "gay agenda" "liberal activists" "black liberation activists" "race card" etc. I really have no idea how you can recognize the meanness and bias in my caption, but not in the things that you say. They are equally rotten.
      I'm perfectly willing to let the law do its job. I'll even hold off on the designation of it being a hate crime, but part of the job of the law IS determining if it was a hate crime. From the evidence I have seen, Trayvon would be alive if he had been white. That seems about as clear a hate crime as there can be. Just like if Allen Coon was black he wouldn't have been set on fire. Personally I don't mind having these cases get national attention. And yes the Allen Coon case should get more attention, but I think you can squarely blame the media for that.

Hate crimes are a special class of crimes and personally I think they should be. That type of bitter hatred is terrible. I think people are rightfully enfuriated about the Trayvon case. Do other cases get neglected? Sure. Allen Coon is a good example, so too are: Shaima Al Awadhi, an Iraqi woman beaten to death in her home in California, a note on her body saying "Go back to your country, you terrorist"; or Chrissy Lee Polis, a transgender woman severely beaten in a Baltimore McDonalds. Lots of cases don't get attention, that isn't a reason to deny Trayvon's case the attention it deserves.

I really think you are twisting this into something it is not. For the most part, people are just rightfully concerned about the death of this young man and about the perpetuation of hate. Are the Black Panthers going to use it as an example to get out their message? Sure, but so too do lots of groups, including conservatives, who are far more likely to end up talking about things like Racial Politics Gone Wild or in defending "Stand Your Ground" laws.

We encourage vengeance by attacking people rather than ideas. But that is hardly exclusive to liberals.

27. lovemychris profile image76

WHAT??

"Fox news trying to say TRAYVON stole from 7 11 that's why zimmerman was in pursit"

is this true??

28. lovemychris profile image76

This is why I hate them:

"WARNING: There are lots of FAKE Trayvon Martin pictures circulating around the internet by those seeking to smear him."

Not enough to kill him, now he has to be smeared.

29. lovemychris profile image76

What EVERYONE needs to know about the smear campaign against Trayvon Martin (1995-2012) http://t.co/LXltTFWn

30. lovemychris profile image76

Roseanne Barr‏

"Trayvon was an innocent child killed by a racist predator."

Don't forget that.

31. lovemychris profile image76

"the smearing of Trayvon Martin reminds me of Krystallnacht-aftr attacking Jewish businesses, Hitler charged the victims, not the attackers."

"Agreed. Faux News is like pre-war fascism. My grandma said they would speak about the way Jews talked & dressed. Same."

Nazi = Zionist   IMO

Racist to the core.

1. ftclick profile image54
      ftclickposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Punk is no slur to me and never should be unless GLAAD is involved.

And an update. whether there was a struggle or not,  the self-appointed cop pursued and confronted the kid.  No good was going to come out of it and that is what happened.
      Look at the differences, Kim K...ashian ( I can't stand her), gets sprayed with white flour and they arrest the suspect, this fake-cop kills a kid in so-called self defense after he, Zimmerman, instigated the whole situation.

32. lovemychris profile image76

Why are right-wingers defending Zimmerman?

What is going on?

33. lovemychris profile image76

According to neighbors, Zimmerman was “fixated on crime and focused on young, black males.” [Miami Herald]

Zimmerman “had been the subject of complaints by neighbors in his gated community for aggressive tactics” [Huffington Post]

A police officer “corrected” a key witness. “The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.” [ABC News]

Three witnesses say they heard a boy cry for help before a shot was fired. “Three witnesses contacted by The Miami Herald say they saw or heard the moments before and after the Miami Gardens teenager’s killing. All three said they heard the last howl for help from a despondent boy.” [Miami Herald]

The officer in charge of the crime scene also received criticism in 2010 when he initially failed to arrest a lieutenant’s son who was videotaped attacking a homeless black man. [New York Times]

The police did not test Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol. A law enforcement expert told ABC that Zimmerman sounds intoxicated on the 911 tapes. Drug and alcohol testing is “standard procedure in most homicide investigations.” [ABC News]

In a cell phone call moments before his death, Martin told a teenage girl that he was “hounded by a strange man on a cellphone who ran after him, cornered him and confronted him.” “‘He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man,’ Martin’s friend said. ‘I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run.’ Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he’d managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin. ‘Trayvon said, ‘What, are you following me for,’ and the man said, ‘What are you doing here.’” [ABC News]

Police have Trayvon Martin’s cell phone but never contacted his girlfriend. [Miami Herald]

Police ignored witness whose account was different from Zimmerman’s.“One of the witnesses who heard the crying said she called a detective repeatedly, but said he was not interested because her account differed from Zimmerman’s.” [Miami Herald]

The lead investigator in Trayvon Martin shooting wanted manslaughter charge against Zimmerman. The lead investigator, Chris Serino, “stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman’s version of events.” His recommendation for a manslaughter charge was overruled by state attorney Norman Wolfinger, who subsequently removed himself from the case. [ABC News]

Mis-carriage of Justice.....in the LEAST. Probly MUCH more sinister underneath it all.

"The officer in charge of the crime scene also received criticism in 2010 when he initially failed to arrest a lieutenant’s son who was videotaped attacking a homeless black man. [New York Times]"

"The police did not test Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol. A law enforcement expert told ABC that Zimmerman sounds intoxicated on the 911 tapes. Drug and alcohol testing is “standard procedure in most homicide investigations.” [ABC News]"

"Police ignored witness whose account was different from Zimmerman’s.“One of the witnesses who heard the crying said she called a detective repeatedly, but said he was not interested because her account differed from Zimmerman’s.” [Miami Herald]"

They help their own...so who is this Zimmerman?

34. lovemychris profile image76

Just came across this:

"Zimmerman's father is a retired Magistrate Judge and has friends on the Sanford PD...could be why Zimmerman wasn't arrested."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)