Did you see the movie Hunger Games? What did you think about it?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. oldersister profile image74
    oldersisterposted 12 years ago

I Just saw the movie hunger games.  As good as the movie was it was very upsetting to watch.  What did you think of the movie?

1. vmartinezwilson profile image79
      vmartinezwilsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wanted to go see Hunger Games, but after all of the controversy, I'm really not that interested anymore.  I'll just watch Battle Royale and Logan's Run and I'll have the same movie only the joy of knowing I already like these two!

2. TheMagician profile image89
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

I hadn't read the books, but I did see the movie (a friend dragged me with him). I was pleasantly surprised! While a lot of people are up in arms comparing it to Battle Royale, Hunger Games is definitely a well put together movie. I could feel the careful planning in each scene, and I loved it!

3. Shanna11 profile image76
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

I went and saw the midnight showing. I thought it was just okay. Not too bad, but nothing absolutely spectacular either. Not too sure about the casting, but I think the actors will grow to fit the roles. I definitely do not like the fan-girl hype and the Twilight-esque feel to all of it though.

I might see it again with friends when it comes out on DVD, but I'm in no hurry to go out and buy a Hunger Games pillowcase or t-shirt.

4. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Typical death-match concept with teen-touch to story.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

The scene of teens standing in the forest chanting "Kill her, kill her, kill her"  is very real - I've seen this happen on urban school grounds. The book is more graphic, but the film is stunning and will frighten many with images that are all WWII, coal mining poverty, French Regency decadence, labor camps and Star Wars Storm Troopers. But perhaps some need to be frightened to prevent a future holocaust.

As I've already written, we are already in the Hunger Games but more subtly; it's not in the future, it's now. We are all Katniss.

6. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 12 years ago

I saw it last week with my son, who has read the trilogy and said they were the best books he had ever read.  My son loved the film and I thought it was extremely good. I would not have gone if I hadn't taken him but it is an excellent film, although the whole killing concept is quite disturing.

What rating does the film have in the US?  In the UK it is rated 12A, meaning anyone of any age can see it under supervision of an adult. There have been many complaints that it should be rated 15. My own son is only 11, but he wasn't disturbed by it - since he already knew the story he knew what to expect.

oldersisterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the United States it is rated PG13 Which means parental guidance for 13 and under.

7. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 12 years ago

I'm reading the book now.  Very good writing from Suzanne Harris.  I will see the movie later.

8. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

I've read the first book and skimmed the second and third, and I thought it was one of the best book-to-film adaptations I've seen in a long time. They managed to stick remarkably closely to the plot of the book, while skimming over some of the gaps in the worldbuilding. I'm still a little skeptical of Peeta and Gale's casting, but Jennifer Lawrence really knocked it out of the park as Katniss.

oldersisterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kerryg I have to agree with you.  I found the movie to be very much like the book.  I just finished the next two books.  I thought they were so good that I could not put them down.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)