Executive Doomsday Order: Obama Authorizes Gov to Seize

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (49 posts)
  1. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 12 years ago

I just recieved this in my email. What are your thoughts.

Executive Doomsday Order: Obama Authorizes Gov to Seize Farms, Food, Processing Plants, Energy Resources, Transportation, Skilled Laborers During National Emergency

“In a nutshell, it’s the blueprint for Peacetime Martial Law and it gives the president the power to take just about anything deemed necessary for “National Defense”, whatever they decide that is.” (The Intel Hub)
    While millions of people have been preparing for the possibility of a catastrophic event by relocating to rural homesteads or farms, as well as stockpiling food, water, personal defense armaments and other essential supplies with the intention of utilizing these preparations if the worst happens, the latest executive order signed by President Obama on March 16, 2012 makes clear that in the event of a nationally deemed emergency all of these resources will fall under the authority of the United States government.

The signing of the National Defense Resources Preparedness executive order grants the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Agriculture, the Department of Labor, the Department of Defense and other agencies complete control of all US resources, including the ability to seize, confiscate or re-delegate resources, materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense as delegated by the following agencies:
    Sec. 201.  Priorities and Allocations Authorities.  (a)

(1)  the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

(2)  the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;

(3)  the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;

(4)  the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;

(5)  the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and

(6)  the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.

(b)  The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions.
    The new order provides specific definitions for each of these essential infrastructure elements, indicating that all resources, not just those owned by large farms and businesses, are to be directly controlled by the government. Thus, if you think the investments you made in digging a water well, building a solar array, or stockpiling food were for your own personal use, think again:
    Excerpt:
    Sec. 801.  Definitions.  In addition to the definitions in section 702 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2152, the following definitions apply throughout this order:

(b)  “Energy” means all forms of energy including petroleum, gas (both natural and manufactured), electricity, solid fuels (including all forms of coal, coke, coal chemicals, coal liquification, and coal gasification), solar, wind, other types of renewable energy, atomic energy, and the production, conservation, use, control, and distribution (including pipelines) of all of these forms of energy.

(c)  “Farm equipment” means equipment, machinery, and repair parts manufactured for use on farms in connection with the production or preparation for market use of food resources.

(e) “Food resources” means all commodities and products, (simple, mixed, or compound), or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption.  “Food resources” also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

(f)  “Food resource facilities” means plants, machinery, vehicles (including on farm), and other facilities required for the production, processing, distribution, and storage (including cold storage) of food resources, and for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer (excluding transportation thereof).

(i)  “Health resources” means drugs, biological products, medical devices, materials, facilities, health supplies, services and equipment required to diagnose, mitigate or prevent the impairment of, improve, treat, cure, or restore the physical or mental health conditions of the population.

(j)  “National defense” means programs for military and energy production or construction, military or critical infrastructure assistance to any foreign nation, homeland security, stockpiling, space, and any directly related activity.  Such term includes emergency preparedness activities conducted pursuant to title VI of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5195 et seq., and critical infrastructure protection and restoration.

(n)  “Water resources” means all usable water, from all sources, within the jurisdiction of the United States, that can be managed, controlled, and allocated to meet emergency requirements, except “water resources” does not include usable water that qualifies as “food resources.”
    Additionally, like the Selective Service established to draft Americans into the military in the event of war, all Americans are automatically registered for the National Defense Executive Reserve, an agency responsible for identifying experts and skilled laborers for jobs that may need to be performed during a national security. That means your entire work history is now stored, aggregated and flagged in a national database and you can be called on at any time and forced into service for national security reasons at a government-run institution or labor camp:
    Sec. 501.  National Defense Executive Reserve.  (a) In accordance with section 710(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(e), there is established in the executive branch a National Defense Executive Reserve (NDER) composed of persons of recognized expertise from various segments of the private sector and from Government (except full time Federal employees) for training for employment in executive positions in the Federal Government in the event of a national defense emergency.

(d)  The head of each agency with an NDER unit may exercise the authority under section 703 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2153,to employ civilian personnel when activating all or a part of its NDER unit.  The exercise of this authority shall be subject to the provisions of sections 501(e) and (f) of this order and shall not be redelegated.

Sec. 601.  Secretary of Labor.  (a)  The Secretary of Labor, in coordination with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of other agencies, as deemed appropriate by the Secretary of Labor, shall:

(1)  collect and maintain data necessary to make a continuing appraisal of the Nation’s workforce needs for purposes of national defense;

(2)  upon request by the Director of Selective Service, and in coordination with the Secretary of Defense, assist the Director of Selective Service in development of policies regulating the induction and deferment of persons for duty in the armed services;

(3)  upon request from the head of an agency with authority under this order, consult with that agency with respect to:  (i)the effect of contemplated actions on labor demand and utilization; (ii) the relation of labor demand to materials and facilities requirements; and (iii) such other matters as will assist in making the exercise of priority and allocations functions consistent with effective utilization and distribution of labor;
    The EO also outlines compensation for resources and labor that may be seized by the government. Payments would be made debt receipts and overseen by the Treasury Department in conjunction with the Federal Reserve. Similar to compulsory eminent domain provisions, a government official would determine what your land, resources or labor are worth, and you would have no choice but to agree to that value:
    Sec. 301.  Loan Guarantees.  (a)  To reduce current or projected shortfalls of resources, critical technology items, or materials essential for the national defense, the head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense, as defined in section 801(h) of this order, is authorized pursuant to section 301 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2091, to guarantee loans by private institutions.

(b)  Each guaranteeing agency is designated and authorized to:  (1) act as fiscal agent in the making of its own guarantee contracts and in otherwise carrying out the purposes of section 301 of the Act; and (2) contract with any Federal Reserve Bank to assist the agency in serving as fiscal agent.
    As of March 16, 2012, your land, your food, your water and your abilities as a laborer are now a wholly owned subsidiary of the United States government at any time they choose to initiate the provisions of this order, which according to the order itself, can be during an emergency or a non-emergency.

While some reports indicate that the general impact of this new executive order is negligible, when considered with the broader implications including the  introduction and passage of laws allowing for the indefinite detention of American citizens without charge or trial, restricting the general assembly of individuals to protest, the establishment of an internet ‘kill switch’ contingency plan and jamming of all non-government communications, the existence of FEMA refugee and detainment camps, coupled with confirmations that the U.S. government is training members of the armed forces for domestic policing duties and preparing for economic collapse and civil unrest, this latest legislation may very well be the final nail in the coffin for American liberty as we have known it under the US Constitution.
    When implemented simultaneously with existing laws and Presidential orders, the National Defense Resources Preparedness executive order establishes a clear chain of command and control over all aspects of American life in what can only be described as a police state under martial law.

*Special Thanks to Readers: This recent executive order from the President has obviously struck a nerve. At last count we’ve received over 50 emails alerting us to this story since Saturday afternoon. Within 48 hours of this order being signed there already seems to be a massive public outcry. This is, by all accounts, one of the most, if not the most, dangerous laws enacted in American history. The NDAA, it seems, was merely a warm-up.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you need to read the actual bill yourself. Too many people are adding to it.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh look! Another email rumor! Just like the one claiming Obama is a muslim and not a cirtizen of the US. I need to actually read these because they must be true and beyond a reasonable doubt! Get real!

2. mljdgulley354 profile image59
    mljdgulley354posted 12 years ago

I have seen this circulating and wondered when someone was going to address it here on hubpages

1. momster profile image59
      momsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who lets these things happen anyways? Why would anyone want this to happen?

3. innersmiff profile image64
    innersmiffposted 12 years ago

Yeah, please, I want to see people try and defend this. You literally can not worm your way out of this.

There is no private property anymore, freedom of speech, and we are living under a dictatorship. HELLO?

4. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

Are these plans simular or like the Marshall Plan?

5. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

er . . . . . has anyone checked if this is genuine or not, I didn't think so !

1. innersmiff profile image64
      innersmiffposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://reason.com/blog/2012/03/22/is-th … ces-prepar

2 Seconds it took me to google it. 2 seconds.

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are joking I hope !!!!   a cherry picking rabid right wing toilet blog is not a source it is just laghable.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
          Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This stuff is true.

The NDAA made the US a battlefield, Obama is murdering US citizens without a trial, and the presidency can now arrest people indefinitely without informing anyone.  Oh, and we're still torturing people.

We live in a police state, they just haven't been using the legislation (as far as we know) to the point of public revolt.

2. innersmiff profile image64

Want me to get Huff Post? Washington Post? Make your pick.

3. junkseller profile image79
          junksellerposted 12 years agoin reply to this
          1. lovemychris profile image76
            lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup....it's right out there in the open. Not hiding. HOPEFULLY, it's a warning to the Cult enemies of this country.

No where to run, no where to hide.

You sound like a NeoCon.

I am quite like them...we just see a different enemy.

I'm very conservative too. I see so much waste here...given to those already wealthy...it makes me sick!

Do you realise that there will be nowhere to run or hide next time a Republican is in office too? What if that government decides your views are anti-American? Who the hell is gonna stop them? You've already given the government the power to kill you and take your property. The state is never on your side, I promise you that.

Erm, no actually--Bush did that. And funny..it was us saying the same things you are saying now, back then!

Cause we thought the Right was thinking they would always be in power....

Too late for that outrage train....it left the station in 06.

6. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 12 years ago

Food for thought. Catastrophic Event. Does the government know of such an event that may be coming in the near future that they are now throwing this out there? Why would this be brought up if we can not predict the future?

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

They clearly do - they have built concentration camps in every US state as was discussed recently in a thread here. 

Ask not for whom the bell tolls . . . . .

7. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

The only thing that OUR government can agree on is the oppression of the people.

(D) or (R) does not matter, it is more government vs the PEOPLE!

When will we see the facts that are in plain sight?

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the "New Order". I said a year ago that things would start to come clear this year.

8. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Out of interest - what are the federal laws relating to martial law? And how do they differ from this?

9. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

You do realize if you Google this you can't find any credible sources for it at all, right? Only a bunch of no-name bloggers and fanatics.

I mean, it's cool if everyone wants to go into fits and burn off some emotional energy on this, but I think it might be prudent for the thinkers in the room to take a breath and go see if there is ANY credible evidence AT ALL to support the existence of this threat. It's so easy to get people all fired up on the Internet because, well, so many people will just believe anything if its written down and "seems" official.

Look up ^ you'll see the White House link. The other links are interpretations of the deliberately vague terminology in the legislation.

Those 'no-name bloggers and fanatics' are doing what the mainstream media should be doing. Time to do some thinking yourself.

2. junkseller profile image79

If you are googling "executive doomsday order" than yes you may be correct. However, even a generic "executive order obama" search will give you a direct link the Whitehouse site with recent Executive Orders. Second on the list is the EO--National Defense Resource Preparedness signed on March 16.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It loses most of the scary factor when the "doomsday" gets pulled out. That's the rhetorical device that turns it into something evil.

EgggggsACTly.

Doomsday doesn't ever pre-advertise.

I, personally, am not worried about doomsday. I was merely pointing out that the EO itself is not some concoction of conspiracy theorists. Doomsday or not, the ability for this EO to kick in even during "non-emergency" situations is a bit troubling to me.

Well, it's not going to happen. U.S Presidents simply don't just take over all the time. This thing is just not what people are acting like it is at all. And if the proverbial S--- does hit the fan, the president is going to do whatever he wants anyway because he has the military. So, no matter how much Chicken Little wants to run around saying this is some big horrible doomsday declaration, and no matter how many people want to write blogs "proving" how unprecedented this is, it isn't.

1. junkseller profile image79

The answer isn't Doomsday or nothing. I've said repeatedly I am not Chicken Little. Saying something matters more than it does makes no more sense than does saying it doesn't matter at all.

If we examine some of the things that have transpired over the past decade, such as the Department of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act, some people will say it is the end of freedom, others will say it keeps us safe. The reality is exceptionally more complicated, but no one can say it hasn't done ANYTHING. At the very least it has cost a lot of money.

Is Obama going to seize the universe with his EO? No, of course not, but does it enable some intrusive government control over oil supplies if there is a conflict with Iran? Well, I don't know, but it would seem to allow for that possibility.

I don't think this is unprecedented and I haven't said so. It is, however, different. I don't think the world changes in big steps, but rather by small measures. This is a small measure. It may not have dire consequences, that doesn't mean it won't have any.

Well, I agree with you on the small changes. We're slowly moving towards total oligarchy. It's mostly already there, but there's the illusion of freedom and most of us can still start a business if we want, although that's becoming pretty hard. The serf-state is setting itself up right now, living pretty good on the handouts, so we haven't gotten to the roaming mobs that have to be put down. It's going to be a while before the middle class gets squeezed by the top and the bottom, and then, well, it will split, those who have anything left will run to the right and beg the military to crush the ravaging hordes. The hordes will be crushed, and the new order will begin. It will look like most of the orders and monarchies that always come out of human civilizations that last very long.

Freedom never lasts because wealth always accumulates. Marx tried to get at that, and did in solid ways, but his ideas were conscripted by communism and, well, that whole thing just proved that it's not really capitalism OR communism that's the problem, it's cumulative human nature.

10. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

But that's the whole point.

Don't vote for a kind, level-headed man who wants to help people...

Vote against a Tyrant who Kills Babies, Hates America, and wants to lock you all up.

I think this is the whole point. Your argument relies upon the fact that Obama is a nice man, and if you were to accept that he was not, you would have to discard your entire argument. Also, by going down that route you're fighting a losing battle: to convince the conservatives to vote for your favourite candidate every time. You're making it difficult for yourself.

I thought that part of a democracy was that you had to put up with the times when you didn't get your man, no? It's not ideal, but as a safeguard very specific government limiting instructions were placed in the constitution so that in the case of a tyrant being elected, he or she would not have the power to take away the liberty of everybody. But now all that has been thrown out of the window and we've put our faith into figureheads to 'represent us' instead of representing ourselves. Legislation is put in to allegedly to protect us, which ultimately do nothing of the sort, but that's okay because Obama is a good guy looking out for our best interests and it would never be used for self-interest. Never mind the fact that the whole political system runs on self-interest and both parties are run by Wall Street. When you allow that kind of power you're just asking for it to be corrupted. It's not a question of getting the right man in power, it is a case of making sure that nobody can have that power to take away human rights. This is exactly what legislation such as this, NDAA, SOPA, Patriot Act, Agenda 21 all of it do, despite what the government tells you

11. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 12 years ago

For the most part this is an executive order that has existed for some time and is nearly identical to the version Bill Clinton had. It is based on the Defense Production Act of 1950, and is ostensibly meant to ensure the government has the ability to meet its national defense needs.

However, Obama's version seems to have a critical difference. His includes the language "under both emergency and non-emergency conditions." I am not sure if this is a change or not, but non-emergency national defense can mean almost anything these days.

Still, I think some are being a bit over-paranoid about it. This isn't the final piece of some government take over. It could however be one more incremental step in that direction.

More than likely it is either a cautionary (or planned) move regarding conflict with Iran, that would give the government some control in ensuring access to necessary resources (oil for instance) should that conflict happen.

12. profile image0
    DMartelonlineposted 12 years ago

Read this before you go freaking out: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ndrp.asp

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

D, I was going to post the Snopes link, but you beat me to it. lol

Most people who are freaking out don't really seem to know what they are talking about. On the other hand, most people who AREN'T freaking out don't seem to know what they are talking about either.

Obama's EO says "shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions." As far as I can tell, the "non-emergency" part is new to Obama. Snopes' contention that it is for the most part identical to previous EOs fails to take into account that it doesn't take many words to fundamentally alter something.

I'm not saying to freak out, but I have yet to see any expert on the subject discuss this aspect of Obama's EO.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Nothing like the facts to put things in perspective.

13. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I will fervently cling to my farm, my gun, my Bible and my hound dog!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)