Where exactly are you when you meet us all here at HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (39 posts)
  1. MickeySr profile image78
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

I thought this might interesting; we all meet together here in cyberspace, where it's all ideas and feeling, etc, no real tactile, material connection . . . I believe we really can get to know each other, the real us is (I think) our ideas and feelings about things, but, how about if we fill-in a blank, how about if we give a tangible image of where we each actually are as we meet through the screen before us . . . perhaps having a mental picture of the actual material place where we each are as we meet cerebrally in the airwaves will enhance our companionship . . ?

My space, my desk, I like to have like a cockpit, everything close and within reach. and if you notice on the left-hand side of the photo, hanging on the outside of the bookcase, is a photo of my sweetheart, Pixie - and above her is one of my great treasures, a copy of a letter written by John Newton (Amazing Grace) on a page from the 1st edition of his memories.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6373879_f248.jpg

How about you - where do you go to meet us all?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My Blackberry isn't very user-friendly, at least not to me yet!  haha.
      So I can't post an actual pic at this time.
      But thanks for the pic; I like the fact of the sweetheart photo, the Newton letter, and the bookcase; says a lot about you.
      My area is a shared area so I haven't personalized it much.  Except my Bible and Concordance and a few personal notations are readily available.

MickeySrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

. . . "a shared area" . . ? . . this photo (my desk area) is one corner of our, rather small, living room - for years my wife didn't like my desk in the living room, my shelves were miss-matched boards stretching from one odd crate to another, but now that we've got legitimate shelves she's ok with it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very nice.

3. Deborah Brooks profile image61
      Deborah Brooksposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love your desk and your books.. I have a desk  the big computer is on it that is slow as molasses.. lol but I have my laptop that I use in the living room if I can ever get a new desk and a place of my own I will take picture on put it on the hub.  Great Idea.,.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Bfzj81ZkC5w/TteTrFG5kSI/AAAAAAAAAQE/zWUTZq9kq4A/s400/lisa%2Bchicken%2Bsuit%2Bcomputer.jpg

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sweet lookin chick! smile

1. Kiwi Max profile image62
        Kiwi Maxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

haha, very nice!

Any golden eggs?

2. MartieCoetser profile image70
      MartieCoetserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhh, this is so cute. What a marvelous sense of humor you have smile

3. forall profile image60
      forallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hhhhh, I like it!

3. Kiwi Max profile image62
    Kiwi Maxposted 12 years ago

I'm still a kiwi wink

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought kiwi were fruit! smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kia ora Kiwi

I know you share the same name as the precious New Zealand Kiwibird.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

Austin, Texas. Usually curled up on the couch with my iPad if I'm on the Forum or checking messages.  Or, sitting at the table writing on the computer if I'm creating a hub. It's taken over my kitchen now.

5. MartieCoetser profile image70
    MartieCoetserposted 12 years ago
  6. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6374697_f248.jpg

This is my little Hubbing corner smile

1. SmartAndFun profile image95
      SmartAndFunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Back scratcher and flyswatter at the ready. Very functional! smile

7. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

I like to work with complete peace and quiet.

No distractions.

I bought a sound insulating kit off the internet and enclose myself for periods of up to five minutes while I write several low quality pages.

I am hoping that with practice I will be able to hold my breath for longer enabling me to start work on a short novel.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6374854_f248.jpg

Is that a condom you write in? What sorts of hubs do you write, anyway? smile

8. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 12 years ago

There is no way I can top WryLilt's chicken suit! LOL. I wish I had a photo like that to share. Usually I am just sitting at the kitchen table with a rather large dog at my feet. He is one of those big dogs that likes to curl up in small places. Notice the grungy old tennis ball tucked under his leg. He keeps one with him at all times, just in case someone who is willing to throw it about a thousand times comes along.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6375038_f248.jpg

. . . nothing like a Lab - man's great companion.

2. sen.sush23 profile image59
      sen.sush23posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh! That's my choice work place! Animals cuddling up to you to give company while you work, and waiting patiently to be scratched on the head or under the neck is the best medicine to a writer's block! smile
      I miss my dog and cat.

1. profile image0
        The Writers Dogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He would not be a Lab without a tennis ball nearby smile

Well, WD, I guess you would know! I don't see a tennis ball at your writing station, though!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6375827_f248.jpg

Yes, that is a Van Gogh mug smile

4. MickeySr profile image78
      MickeySrposted 12 years ago

Kimberly, epigramman, Sunnie Day, homesteadbound, WD Curry 111,Simone, Rusticliving, Patty Inglish, AEvans, lone77star, etc, etc , everybody - c'mon, share with us an image of where you are when you come here and meet with us all.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6375854_f248.jpg

1. sen.sush23 profile image59

Mickey Sr, your writing corner is so organized and cozy. Just like your work. Voted up. big_smile

sen.sush23 ~ honestly, the actual desktop is not very organized, the books are though . . . they're not arranged with any kind of marking system or by author or title, they are arranged by type of book (theology, ancient language aids, history, etc) and how I personally see the ideas progress from one book to the next - and I can tell you exactly what i have and exactly where it is. And in fact, the above original photo cuts off a good portion of the collection - I've added below a shot with a fully view.

And, I just noticed; in the original photo the little brown leather book on my desk is my favorite treasure - a copy of "The Memoirs Of The Rev. John Newton"  that's over 200 years old.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6381125_f248.jpg

Frankly, Mickey Sr. this is the kind of corner I would love to sit in and keep reading on- and would not mind missing all my meals, provided some cookies were close at hand. The idea of a 200 year old book at hand, is fabulous. I think I must come over and check out that corner. smile

5. epigramman profile image59
      epigrammanposted 12 years ago

..duhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....ain't it obvious that a redneck hillbilly from the frozen tundra of Canada would be sitting in the outhouse on his toy-let with his little frozen little bottom and malfunctioning laptop on low bat-ter -ree is suffering from constipation due to being exposed to the elements and spending too much time chasing those nakkid cyber chicks all across de universe of titilation and master charge but also finds time to dabble a little as a lousee poe-it called the EPIGRAMMAN.  lake erie time 12:15 ontario canada with flashlight 'cos the damn bulb in my outhouse burnt out again.

It is obvious to me and I can may well share the chilly air and the moist smell of the lake (virtually). And I do not mind that we have to fight to charge both laptops from that single point, that malfunctions half the time! I really know you also keep a bottle of rum (or is it plain and simple crate of beer?) tucked somewhere here, and it is allowed to drink at work. I guess the other chicks will love to see you - hee, hee, - bare (ly) at work!

6. sen.sush23 profile image59
      sen.sush23posted 12 years ago

I must shamefacedly admit to being the most lousy person in this group. I am not at all the 'good gal'. I can't even sit up to do my work! I just lie about on my divan- and play around :'(

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6377838_f248.jpg

P.S. That prickly brown ball is my accu-pressure ball for stiff fingers!

IMHO, working while reclining on the divan sounds divine, not lousy! :}

wink smile

2. sen.sush23 profile image59

smile smile

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

On a gorgeous weekend morning, poolside!

When writing hubs, I'm in my back office, with views of outside. It has a map of the world on the wall that faces me. Photos of my family on the dresser next to me and teacher/writing stuff behind me. A Monet print, which I've written about, is on the wall next to my desk for inspiration.

Right now my desk has a cup of Starbuck blonde coffee, a used $50 Macy's Clinique gift card, 2 harman/kardon soundsticks on either side of my computer, a Mac OS X, a little schoolhouse pencil holder, two writing tablets and a Renoir (Femme a la lettre) coaster which is part of a set that I bought at the Louvre.

http://etab.ac-poitiers.fr/coll-sauze-vaussais/IMG/jpg/renoir_femme_a_la_lettre.jpg

Lovely! A painting for inspiration is the best it can be.

8. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/lhw3/PPPhotBuAA.jpg

At night I work in a corner of my dining room with the lights dimmed (the later, the dimmer) and the music on.  The light from the TV in the other room is enough to keep my work corner feel cozy.   (It's most often night when I'm working on here, or at least when I'm doing anything that takes more than a few minutes.)  I move around during the day, but the little computer desk is pretty much home base.  My business phones sleep at night.  My tile coaster with white flowers on it is where my tan "Life is Good" coffee mug usually goes.  The little Liberty Bell pencil sharpener has personal meaning for me.. When the sun is out I'm not usually on here (and if I am it's from my laptop elsewhere).   (I know that working in the dark sounds, and looks, "lousy" too (lol), but I need the relaxing atmosphere at the end of the day. 

Ah..   Here's the coffee mug.  Now, THAT is how my work area usually looks.
         http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/lhw3/MugPhotBuckBB.jpg

Lisa, I guess those specs I can see in your profile pic, are actual. Ha, ha..just like me, you do great harm to your eyes by working in dim light with the strong computer lights on. But writers and book-worms are incorrigible, so I don't expect to change you. But it all sounds very relaxing and just right kind of ambiance to spark creativity. No wonder you sound so clear-headed in your Hubs. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)