Would you believe me?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

If I could prove to you that Almighty God, was personally in communication with each and every person on earth 24\7\365 days a year and that you were directly responding to each communication, could you handle that truth?

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can handle that...

Do you have the proof?

Concrete proof...Not opinionated "proof"

Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not only do I hold the thruth the proof, but so does each and every person walking this earth.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a big ask Dave. You have to provide proof that is independantly testable, verifyable, and peer reviewable.

Personally I believe that God does communicate with some people, (though its not my experience) but it's a matter of faith.

I can provide such a truth, and so can you. Any person that tries to refute such proof must be from another planet or something.

3. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally believe He speaks to each and every human being on the planet.
      The problem is, many don't hear, dismiss or reject His communications.

How often do people get thoughts that stops them "dead in their tracks" horrible, disgusting or full of ugliness, and not attribute that to demonic influence.

It works in the opposite too, with God. We often get thoughts and ideas of love, mercy, generosity and compassion, but don't attribute them to Him.

I have often wondered what life would be like if God removed His sustaining power and presence from humanity?
      Not ONE souyl would doubt He existed, once He "moved out".

Just a thought. big_smile

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I call it oxytosin, a drug produced by the brain that produces feelings of love and compassion. God has very little to do with it, since God is probably a result.

you are so cynical.

1. mischeviousme profile image60

I'm a cup that's filled to the middle kind of guy.

OK but then the question remains, is it the top half or the bottom half that is empty?

2. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad this was just a thought.  For a minute there I thought you were serious.  And that would be absurd.

1. vector7 profile image60
          vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, and I'm serious.

smile

4. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

But you can't can you.

Is this a statement of fact or a question?

1. recommend1 profile image60

This is a statement of fact.

2. mischeviousme profile image60

Providing proof is beyond your mortal capacity, you are just as impotent to do so as is the next guy.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Judging by the posts so far, I think you are right. I'm not seeing any proof. Just a lot of hot air.

Every breathing human is proof positive and here is my proof. Every organ,brain,heart,lungs,stomach,intestine,liver,kidney,every gland, every muscle, every ligament, eyes,ears,mouths,noses,fingers, legs, arms, toes,etc. responds either voluntarily or involuntarily to stimulation and instruction. Each part has a specific purpose and all parts work together as one for each of us to function. God is the communicator, the conductor of this orchestra giving instructions to each and every part of us to do what it is to do so that we function as a whole person. God speaks to our mind to our organs to our glands and muscles etc.

Not only is this God communicating with each and everyone, it is a true miracle of life and it happens 24\7\365days a year. And when God says stop, our body ceases to function and we die.

So you wanted proof positive, now you've got it.

1. recommend1 profile image60

It is hard to imagine anyone actually writing this twaddle without pissing themselves laughing all the way through big_smile

What's harder to imagine is the fact that some people are so blind and stubborn that they will not except the truth, when it is staring them in the face, like you.

1. profile image0
                    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hard-hearted is what so many people have become.
                    Many of them don't want to hear any Truths.
                    Yet we are not to give up on speaking the Word.  If even one person's soul is saved, either now or later, it's worth it.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
                  Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Anyone can be critical,but it takes an intelligent mind to disagree constructively.
                  For instance if you don't agree, at least explain why don't you agree.

2. profile image0
                Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, I guess that makes you a robot?  Or an android? I'm a little confused.

3. A Thousand Words profile image67
                A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Was this what we were waiting for with baited breath, at the edge of our seats for? Can this seriously be defined as proof, in your book? ... Remember, we said actual proof, not opinionated "proof."

4. DoubleScorpion profile image79
                DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So everyone is a "puppet" of God?

By the way this is written, then we have no free will and all the evil that humans do is because God is telling them to do it, as you have said, God controls all of our body parts and minds...

5. Disappearinghead profile image60
                Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's not proof Dave, it's opinion.

6. pedrog profile image60
                pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a waste of time reading this topic...

2. pedrog profile image60
    pedrogposted 12 years ago

Sure i can.

And i will wait for the scientific community to review your work... Hope you win a Nobel Prize!

3. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

As with those who previously posted, one would need proofs, and not words.

The proof is plain and simple and cannot be argued against. Once you know it, you will know it for life.

4. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

Possibly, but the proof can't be a guy dressed up as Moses... lol

Why only possibly? My question is straight-forward. My proof cannot be questioned and proved wrong.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'm all ears Dave. Bring on the proof. smile If it is, indeed, proof; of course I'd believe you.

6. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

"But he said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.'"--Luke 16:31

Well quoted. Scripture has nothing to do with the proof that I can offer though.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, this is often true.

7. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

I smell another fraudulent claim that will be followed up by some twist in logic in order that the believer can claim "irrefutible" proof of his primitive nonsense.

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://jessicajjohnston.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Pearls-Before-Swine_insults.gif

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. vector7 profile image60

lol lol lol

8. Aqueous Love profile image57
    Aqueous Loveposted 12 years ago

Psalm 78:38-39
    "But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them no: yea, many a time turned He His anger away, and did not stir up all His wrath. For He remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again."

we are all in the same puddle of water. believers, those who don't believe, and those who are just unsure of what it is that they believe. God loves us all and He knows that we are just flesh and that we will give in to the flesh's desires. and sometimes the flesh just isn't strong enough to see or believe what is evident all around them.

Absolutely brilliant post.

And thanks for the scripture.

smile

9. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

I was unimpressed by the "proofs". So, in answer to the question "would you believe me", the answer is "no".

10. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Dave great thread. And your words are like seeds. The most awesome amazing promise too is that Gods word will not return void to Him, so great work there soldier!

Heres a gem that I love too.

Every person has their own personal signature from God imprinted on their body.

Their thumbprint!

Mines my smile.

See ---> smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)