Single or In a Relationship??

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (54 posts)
  1. alisha4u profile image41
    alisha4uposted 12 years ago

Which one out of the two would you prefer? Which of the two might give you some Piece of Mind ?

1. profile image0
      mts1098posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends on where you are in your life...If you are doing what u want and it makes you happy then all is good )

alisha4uposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would rather say, 'I am almost in a Relationship, with Peace of Mind !' smile

1. profile image0
          mts1098posted 12 years agoin reply to this

then I would say you are heading in the right direction...good that you have "piece" of mind )

Piece or Peace ??

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's possible to get peace of mind either way. If you're single, a part of you is always hoping to find someone, even if you're saying to anyone that will listen that you like being alone. And if you're in a relationship, there's a host of issues, good and bad, that always resonate. But to answer your question, in my opinion, life is always better when you have someone to share it with.

Cheers ! smile

3. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I definitely prefer being single.  I have unlimited freedom to do as I please without answering to anyone.  Being single does not prevent one from being in a noncommital relationship.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

i loved being single when i was single. it was great to be able to do as i pleased, to be able to have sex with different women or to sleep alone, which ever worked at the time but i will say that having someone to love you and to be there for you is a bit more awesome.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!

5. By His Way profile image61
      By His Wayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ultimately........being single because Im not going to define my happiness based on being dependent on another person. Being single is the reality. Anything else is extra. I dont want someone to complete me. I would like someone to compliment me. Vice versa. Peace of mind can be had in either situation but only if its first found in being single.

alisha4uposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like ur Viewpoint....

6. CJWood71 profile image83
      CJWood71posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would prefer to be in a relationship with the right person.  Life is so much better when you have a partner to share it with.  However, I would rather be single than stuck in a relationship with the wrong person.  That is my two cents on the topic.

Mr. CJ Wood
        Right Person...!!! ??? Huh? U don't land in safe hands all the time...  U never know, if the person you chose is the right one...All you do is welcome the person with open arms and leave the rest on Him (Almighty)...

2. Unleashed Freedom profile image59
    Unleashed Freedomposted 12 years ago

would it be peace or piece. i would prefer peace... but Hannibal would prefer piece smile

Lolzzz ! I should have written 'Peace'... Oh My Goodness !! big_smile

3. moiponetsoka profile image61
    moiponetsokaposted 12 years ago

Single and ready to mingle it would give me a piece of mind.

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Peace of mind

2. alisha4u profile image41

Moiponetsoka - Would this peace be there forever ?

1. moiponetsoka profile image61
        moiponetsokaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no because after a while  lonliness starts making you restless

The word 'Mingle' might be the Medicine for you.. smile

1. moiponetsoka profile image61
            moiponetsokaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah

4. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Single, i have enough of my own nonsense to deal with i dont want to put up with someone elses as well

Janesix, there might b someone waiting to fix ur issues...
      Sometimes, it's good to Mingle..

5. prospectboy profile image87
    prospectboyposted 12 years ago

I would prefer to be in a relationship, but I'm single at the moment and I've been for quite a while now. I'm enjoying it though. Basically stress free, and I can do whatever I want. I'm just waiting on the right woman to come along. I'm very patient because I know it will be right when it happens.

Actually ! When you're single. you feel great about it... Being in a Relationship has it's pros and cons both.... Ur wait for the right person is actually right !! smile

6. jirel profile image73
    jirelposted 12 years ago

I prefer to be single.

Good enough !!

7. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I would prefer to be in a relationship, but it has to be with the right person. I've been single for a few years now because I am THAT picky

Let's hope your wait ends soon..... smile

2. Courtney Leah profile image59
      Courtney Leahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's an excellent point. But the hard part is finding the right person.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
        Jonathan Jancoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ. Finding the right person is probably pretty easy when you consider a singular person in the midst of a several billion sized population. Probably not as hard as it seems. The hard part for me has always been resisting the wrong person. I meet the 'wrong' person several times a day.

8. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

I like being single right now, and would prefer to be single for a few years more. I've got things I want to do, and it would be best if I was single when the time for those things comes around. Plus, girls at my college don't get in relationships-- they get married. Seriously; 20 is the average age for Mormon girls to get married, and I don't want that. I want a career and I want to study abroad, etc. Getting married or having a boyfriend is awesome, but just not right now in my life.

9. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 12 years ago

Personally, I like being single, as it allows me to try and build my reputation as a writer without having to worry about a partner or kids. One day, if the right girl comes along, things may change. Two things that I am certain of, is that I wouldn't want to get married or have children.

What does being 'Single' actually signify? Does it restrict you from hitting on someone? Or is it just about 'not ready to commit' ?

1. JKenny profile image90
        JKennyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Single, basically means single, not in a relationship of any kind. I don't consciously place restrictions on myself, but the likelihood of me actually hitting on a girl is very low, due to shyness. Commitment is a very big step for anyone, and at this moment in time doesn't sound very appealing, but if the right girl comes comes along then perhaps I'll entertain the notion.

1. The Invincible profile image61
          The Invincibleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Along with predescribed notion, you wrote a new notion altogether..... what do you mean " if the right girl comes along", blah blah blah... How would you recgnize that "Right Gal"

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

After spending over 30 years of my life in two marriages and two long-term relationships, I am now single and happier, more content and more fulfilled than I have ever been before. I do not intend to change my status ever again!

1. JKenny profile image90
      JKennyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good for you, WriteAngled. I'm really happy for you smile

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your reply is the reason I love words. The majority of your response is factual and the message concrete - been there, done that; I have a happy and content life being single. But that last sentence, where you don't "intend" to be with anyone ever again, could imply to the message receiver, that despite your bold statement your heart is still, even if only slightly, open to the possibility of a relationship. For the record, I believe you, I just found your response interesting. smile

11. Jenny Tomato profile image60
    Jenny Tomatoposted 12 years ago

When we're not in one, we want one.  When we're in one, we want to be single.  smile    I was single for a long time and was more caught up in the issue in why no one seemed to want to date me, rather than addressing "do I really want to be in a relationship?".   There's a big difference.   Now I'm with a great guy but I honestly forgot how hard it can be to adjust to a relationship.   When it's hard, I want out and wonder what I didn't like about being single.   Honestly though, it's wonderful to have a good guy to stand by me and be my friend and love me.

Sounds amazing !!

1. Jenny Tomato profile image60
        Jenny Tomatoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He's a good man, I'm very lucky.

12. iefox5 profile image59
    iefox5posted 12 years ago

Single life is free, but should consider starting a relationship.

Dont wait then.....have a go! smile

13. Krisgossett profile image60
    Krisgossettposted 12 years ago

I've been in a relationship for just over 3 years, and to be honest i don't know which i would prefer or which would give me peace of mind. On one hand, I am totally in love with my partner and don't know what i would do without her but there are days when i feel like i would be happier on my own. I feel like i was stronger, more independent, more driven and motivated before i was in this relationship; but can i really atest the loss of these things to the relationship? or is it just my own self views that have diminished these qualities.

Anyhow, I'm not particularly happy with my life overall right now but i am working towards that, however so slowly. Somedays the relationship brings me down and somedays it puts me on top of the world.

I do agree that it depends on where you are in your life as to which makes you more happy.

14. Courtney Leah profile image59
    Courtney Leahposted 11 years ago

Well, there are pros and cons. When are with someone,you have the company of another, but you have to maintain that relationship.... and keep that person's attention and make some compromises. When you are not in a relationship, you don't have to do all that, but you'll want to be with someone.

15. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

Single!!! Sharing my space with anyone is not one of my strong points. I hate interference and like everything in perfect order which won't be always possible if someone lives with you.

But, won;t you need a companion when in a fix..? Won't u appreciate the comfort of one's support ? Not every companion would come and goof up your personal space..some are just meant to be Yours...

16. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I am presently a single person. I choose to be single presently because I am of the understanding that searching for love is a futile thing.

Love happens. wink

Wish u all the best buddy....
      May You Come across it soon.... smile

17. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

I'm enjoying being single at the moment, but who knows how long that will last.  I'm dating, but I haven't met anyone so far that excites me.  I love that feeling when you meet somebody and the chemistry is right and everything just sparks.  And you can't eat or sleep or do anything but think about him.  I love falling in love.  I love being in love.  I love the thrill and the excitement that comes with it all.  So, even though my last marriage was such an emotional rollercoaster ride that I think I have PSTD along with the whiplash, I'm always open for something new and wonderful to come my way. wink

18. Shaddie profile image76
    Shaddieposted 11 years ago

There are pros and cons to both being single and being in a relationship. I think I have "mastered" being single, and am now interested in keeping the relationship I have. Being single can teach you a lot, and it can be very rewarding, but I think the benefits from a healthy relationship far outweigh those of a healthy solitude.

19. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Single 3 years. All I got is Judge Judy and the
    Mona Lisa look-alike weather girl.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)