Calling all fools for a private discussion.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (212 posts)
  1. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

Hello Christians. You FOOLS, (for Christ).
    Please join me in having a private discussion.
    It can be about anything you want, and you should feel safe.
    No Atheist (should) enter this because not ONE of them is a fool.

Let's kick it off with asserting that God, the Father fo our Lord Jesus Christ is creator of all things!!
    What can you add to this discussion?

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen, what else can be added?

Yep, I'm a fool for Christ, which is better than just being a fool. smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, not much, so there is no need to comment on the "fool" accusations.

At the very least, science would have a whole lot more to talk about when discussing our world.

I think the comparison is a shining example of the intellectual state of both schools of thought, or lack thereof.

aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for joining in the fools discussion.
          Welcome to the club, only the other category is the one that applies to you.

2. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen to being a fool for Jesus!
        In that we have Peace and Joy and Hope.
        Unlike those whom the Bible says are fools who say in their hearts that there is no God.

3. Lawi Agok profile image60
        Lawi Agokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes my fellow fool, He's also the beginning and the end....

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years ago

1Co_1:21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74
        BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I buy a new King James the first of the year and read the book all over again as my New Year's resolution. I need a new one because my old ones are all marked up.

So I read several chapters in the OT and several chapters in the NT every day. Coincidentally, yesterday I finished Romans and today started on 1 Corinthians.

I highlighted 1 Corinthians 1:23. That was before I read this thread. "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness."

Read it and weep. No wait, there are no atheists reading this thread.

3. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 12 years ago

Why do christians seem to think its them against athiests?

As if christanity were the only religion.

There are in fact many other religions, even including the non-Abrahamic ones

Of course there is. And you believe in a girl God named Kali, right?

1. janesix profile image61
          janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes i do

I would rather believe in a religion where i am judged for my actions, and not "saved" mearly by believing that someone died on a cross for my sins

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
              schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No one can merit anything by their actions.....compared to God we are like an ant, created by him we can do nothing without him. It's only by his grace we are alive and continue to be......

I thought your god gave you free will?

Yes we have free will, that is also given by him. I'm saying that you can't earn your way to heaven because we are not worthy.

Well that wasnt what you said. You said we can do nothing without god. Thus no free will

1. vector7 profile image59
                      vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol, that's not how it works.

If your child asks for an orange, did the parent make that decision?

God gives us all kinds of choices..

Everyone has this silly notion that free will means "no limitation" or some similar idea.

You can't do ANYTHING without the sun. It's the primary source for every solitary ounce of energy that we use.

Does that mean it dictates your personal choices?

NO.

smile

2. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@black girl god kali is always better than boy god jesus...atleast noone dares to hang kali....anyways it is never christian v/s atheist...christianity is too young as religion ...atheism exist since humans invented religion and people who didnt believe in it....it is as old as first religion...so it is conflict of thought...religions kept getting invented and died out...atheism remained firm against every religion...

2. Eric Newland profile image61
        Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's pretty rare to hear other religions condescendingly bad-talk Christianity. Ditto rare to hear atheists condescendingly bad-talk religions other than Christianity.

You do, however, get cases of Christians condescendinly bad-talking other religions. I, personally, endeavor not to be one of them.

1. Shadesbreath profile image79
          Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nah, I've seen a few Muslims pop into the forums over the years and they get the same treatment. I think that since the preponderance of proselytizing, preaching and justification of positions, points and politics on the forums happens to come from Christians, it only SEEMS like Christians are the ones always under attack. While they are more often the target of atheist diatribes, its because there are more of them to target. You can't blame a guy for catching trout in a trout pond.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will condescendingly bad-talk anyone's Invisible Super Being. The Islamists generally have trouble with English comprehension though - well - ESL trouble rather than semantic trouble.

Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind........ (pun intended)

lawl... took me a second.

2. aka-dj profile image64

I see you consider yourself part of the fools club.
              You know that you fall into the other fools category, though? Right?

Of course aka. Your religion is all about dividing people - I get that - thanks for explaining. "If I am not with you - I am against you," is one of your mantras - right?

Are you starting to understand why I don't like your religion?

I don't have a religion.
                  Are YOU starting to get that yet?

No!

Will your parenting hub be ready soo?
                  I'm looking forward to read all about how to raise children according to Mark.
                  Obviously, the RIGHT way.
                  Waiting for the link! smile

1. profile image0
                    jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How to raise a child? That I can tell you, stone him.
                    "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father
                    and mother and will not listen to them when they
                    discipline him, 19his father and mother shall take
                    hold of him and bring him to the elders at the
                    gate of his town. 20They shall say to the elders,
                    "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a
                    drunkard." 21Then all the men of his town shall
                    stone him to death. You must purge the evil from
                    among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid."
                    Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Child, and the words drunkard and profligate don't fit too well together somehow, do they?
                      You think this is talking about a kid 10 or 12 years old?

Perhaps you should learn to quote things in context.

On the converse, we have really lax laws that are meant to "rehabilitate" criminals, yet, the jails are full. They are overflowing. New ones have to be built, so they can be housed, and then trained to be (more) hardened criminals.

Kids today are being raised so wonderfully.
                      We have 17 year olds raping 84 year old women.

We have gangs of pree-teens assaulting/killing elderly folk on the street.
                      Drug abuse is at al all time high, to the point where law enforcement is not even scratching the surface of the problem.

Love the alternative option.

What kind of world are we leaving behind for our grandkids to "enjoy"??

2. profile image0
                    jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Re·li·gion (Noun)
                    1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman
                    controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
                    2. Details of belief as taught or discussed.

Liar!

3. Mark Knowles profile image58

You do have a religion aka.

You get your morals from a majik book.

Don't you?

I have Jesus.

Who/what do you have?

Where do your morals come from?

Is your hub ready yet?

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

They say 'by their fruits you will know them' Anyone who is truly saved will automatically want to be good with the Holy Spirit in them.

Well said.

2. vector7 profile image59

Well said.

4. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 12 years ago

I celebrate the interconnectedness of all living things, and the life force that dwells WITHIN us ALL. Y'know, the one sparked by the Great Spaghetti Monster??!

5. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 12 years ago

Hey, fishing is my favorite sport.

God apparently digs it too since He has his very own lake. Have you heathens swam there yet? Not to worry, you'll get your chance. Don't bother bringing a towel. You'll dry real quick.

Oh, oh, I get it... the lake of eternal hellfire. Hahaha, that's hilarious. Good stuff.

Oh, and, nice deity that keeps a fire lake around for the eternal torture of the souls He created, KNOWING even in the act of creating them that they were flawed and weak and totally going to screw it up. He even scattered them across a huge planet, and for thousands of years gave them no way to communicate with one another, and yet holds them all accountable for learning God's word as described in the European versions of a book. Heck, even the ones that were born before the assembly of the book had to burn. Too bad, should have been born on time you dumb hethens throughout the ages. Not God's fault though. All part of the plan.

That's a fine master to worship there, alrighty.

Sure is. He told everyone they DIDN'T have to go there.

He said, "I'll bail you out of jail, if you'll just call me."

And you must think God is dumb or something.. lol lol lol

You ever considered He might, just MIGHT know more about His creation than you?

Oh wait.. that's impossible. You know everything. LOLOL

Sorry, you people just leave the doors wide swinging in the wind..

Just pickin at ya. wink

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, what blew up your skirt? That's the strangest way I've ever seen anyone act out 'love our neighbor'.

6. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 12 years ago

Off topic, but interesting

I just looked it up, athiests are only around 5 percent of the population, and Christians above 30 percent

Not trying to make a point, ihad just assumed there were a lot more athiests tha that

Look up the word atheist instead of athiest and you will find that there are a lot more.

The atheists are the ones with a point on the top of their head where the brain sucker landed.

So i made a spelling mistake big deal

Not to worry. Now that you know, you should go and fix that hub of yours entitled "I Don't Know If I'm An Athiest" maybe.

Not to worry. You're not an atheist nor an athiest if you believe in a girl God named Kali.

Not to worry. One of the heathens, Shadesbreath, just spelled it hethens.

It's not like God is going to send you to the lake of fire for stupid mistakes. Unless . . .

I think i will leave it up just to annoy you

2. Vin Chauhun profile image63
              Vin Chauhunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It depends what version of Spell Check God is using, if its American, you are going to feel very warm and toasty smile

Atheists are the smartest most intelligent people in the world, if you don't believe me just ask one of them. Because they are so superior they just feel naturally insulted when someone disagrees because it tweaks both of their brain cells at the same time and that isn't polite, so naturally they speak down to people who aren't descendants of monkeys as they are.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
        Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to a BBC survey where people were asked "Do you believe in a god?" as opposed to "What religion are you?" the results showed that over 50% of England do not beleive in any god. Up from 30% in the 1980's.

Many of the numbers I have seen for America (granted they would ask the question "what religion are you" rather then "do you believe in a god") have shown that the percentage of atheists are around 15%.

I think most people have more of an issue with religion than the possible existence of a god/gods these days. Personally I think it's just as intellectually reckless to be "certain" there is NO god as it is to be "certain" that there is. Either stance requires that you make a final determination based on grotesquely incomplete evidence.

I have heard the arguments for belief in god and belief in there being no god. Neither side has conclusive proof. Believers have lots of feelings and anecdotes and some old, venerated texts, etc.

Non-believers have lots of feelings and anecdotes and some new, venerated texts. Etc.

The new stuff is at least new, and it certainly makes much more sense than the burning bushes and water-walking sort of thing, but then, none of the new stuff is actually about God really, its about physical origins of the universe and evolution and all that good stuff. None of which really has anything to do with whether or not there is a god or gods operating out there, whether behind the physics or completely oblivious to it all.

To be "certain" in either direction to me is to conclude you know something that you simply can't possibly know. Which is fine. I get feelings and beliefs. I feel lots of things. I feel The 13th Warrior is the best movie of all time. You'll never convince me otherwise. But that doesn't make it a fact.

1. Vin Chauhun profile image63

strip away the myths and stories and most religions are humanist.....they seek to preserve order and structure, they ask for revolution but they are repackaging an old idea....

Go write a hub and maybe I'll take the above comment seriously.

if more people ask...i will

Consider yourself officially asked!

Getting a couple of hubs under your belt is a good way to introduce yourself to the others here.

John smile

yep... will do...at the soonest....and thanks for welcoming me.....have great aday smile

You will (hopefully) find the hubbers a welcoming lot, all are welcome and newbies are especially welcome, though sometimes treated roughly (unfortunately) until they show some 'form' so to speak.

But welcome to the hub, I look forward to reading your work.

John smile

I agree with you entirely.

Hah, finally someone who appreciates how just plain entertaining that movie is if you sit back and just let it be what it is.

big_smile

7. profile image51
      jfprussingposted 12 years ago

ATHEISM: A HEAVY BURDEN TO BEAR. 
      By Joe Prussing

Atheism is a hell of a burden. It’s hard. It takes faith, real effort, and some serious thought to believe in… well, nothing. Life is not so easy. It’s often complicated; and that includes the afterlife as well. But wait, you may be saying to yourself: it’s easy to believe in nothing. Any idiot can do that; and many do, I suppose. Perhaps atheists are just plain lazy then. Not so much in the physical sense (although they can be that, too) but rather, intellectually. It is almost as if they have no real curiosity, or interest, in anything outside their own immediate and finite world which, even with all their computers, telescopes, gizmos and gadgets they couldn’t begin to understand, explain, or even appreciate. So why bother? 

It would seem that the true atheist, if he exists at all, is not only motivated by his own egocentrisms (which, by the way, he will deny all day on an autographed stack of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species and Carl Sagan’s grave) but by some deeper psychological need to justify his own non-belief, which is not only quite revealing but makes about as much sense as Stephen Hawkins’ ‘spontaneous generation’ theory and the infinity of space. Or perhaps he is driven by something a little more personal, more human, like his own self interests. Maybe he just wants to make a name for himself. Write a paper, or a book! Invent the better mouse trap, a faster computer, or come up with a cure for the common cold, AIDS, or Christopher Hitchens’ throat cancer. Why? So he can lounge around with his fellow altruists at the local Starbucks congratulating one another on just how brilliant they are? If nothing else, they will surely argue, it only goes to prove there is no God, simply because…well, because if there were a God, then he, she, or it (Hey, at least these loons are politically correct) certainly wouldn’t need such brilliant men and women like Richard Dawkins, Madalyn Murray O’Hair, Bill Mahar, and themselves to solve these monumental mysteries and prove that He doesn’t exist. What the atheist fails to realize, besides the simple fact that you cannot get something out of nothing, is the pure, unambiguous, unadulterated, unabridged, and universal Truth that God will not be ignored. Nor will He be mocked or measured. God does not change. But most of all, if the Bible teaches us anything: God cannot, and will not, be impressed. Just ask Job.

Atheists will also argue, quite forcefully I might add, that theirs is not a religion at all; and they would be wrong about that too. If pantheism is the worship of nature, then atheism is the worship of science; something Mister Darwin would surely have no problem with. As opposed to other major religions, however, atheism has very little to offer. Nothing! if you take them at their sanctimonious word and follow them to their logical and predictable end. Judaism (often referred to as the religion of the past, which, by the way is not necessarily a bad thing) at least has four thousand years of edification and some pretty interesting characters; Islam, the religion of the present, if you believe in the Arab Spring, has its seventy-two virgins, provided you kill enough infidels along the way to earn the Jihadist reward. And Christianity, which might be considered the faith of the future since it seems to have the best recruiting record and the most converts, has the Cross with its infinite possibilities and glorious implications. Of the four, atheism is probably the least tolerant, which may disqualify it from the start, at least from a political perspective. Yet it seems to meets all the criteria necessary to be considered a true religion as recognized by its faithful few. It is liberal to the core, of course, with socialism its chief aim and outcome; although for political expediency it all comes under the auspices of such modern titles as environmentalism, feminism, gay rights, animal rights, etc... Science, naturally, is the Holy Grail of atheism which will one day triumph by discovering all the answers, along with Big-foot, the missing link, Al Gore’s brain and Chaz Bono’s true sexual identity. With contempt for mankind in general and a collectively sustained guilty conscience, these self-anointed secular humanists claim to be no better, or worse, off than a single-celled protozoan at the bottom of a Petri-dish, insisting we are all equal, despite our humanity, while never-the-less acquiescing to their socialist brethren that some protozoan are more equal than others. Not only are atheists arrogant, egotistical, condescending, and lazy – they’re snobs, too; and quite hypocritical about it. Now that’s religion for you. That’s Orthodoxy!

And then there are the Evolutionists. The problem with Charles Darwin’s theory of course, other than just being a theory, is simply this: The fittest doesn’t always survive. Consider the dinosaur or the wooly mammoth, or Nietzsche for that matter. What’s not supposed to kill us doesn’t necessarily make us stronger. Sometimes, it actually does kill us; just like bad jokes, bad whiskey, jealous women – and politicians! Natural selection is not that selective; it may not even be natural. There are no fossil records, at least none that anthropologists can agree on with any amount of certitude, of a missing link or any other mutant freak of Nature in any of the species; at least not enough to validate the revolutionary claim at the core of the naturalists’ belief. It simply doesn’t exist, despite numerous attempts to either find or manufacture such a hybrid by those who would follow in the faulty footsteps of their fool-hearty master: a globe-trotting biologist whose legacy in life is to be remembered, and perhaps even loved, as ‘…the man who murdered God.’ 

If nothing else, and if science is of any use here, we are not evolving at all, but devolving, as proven by Darwin’s own empirical data which clearly suggests an increase number of mutations, where there should actually be, if the survival of the fittest and laws of natural selection apply, a decrease. That is precisely why we have so many separate and uniquely distinct individual species, and so few, if any, we can combine, and none of which can actually reproduce. In other words: there are no such things as monkey-men or mermaids (except in our own egotistical imagination) no matter how inviting, intriguing, or logical they may sound or appear. We are no more likely to come across one of these fantastic creatures any more than we are would ever come face to face with, say, a griffin, a sphinx, the fabled faun or fated unicorn, furry fish, or even the elusive elephant-bird for that matter; at least not genetically, and definitely not by natural selection. But we do have an abundance of species. Diversity, and not necessity, is perhaps the real mother of invention after all, and proof positive of God’s creative power. But the scientist and the theologian sometimes make for strange bedfellows. Philosophy and micro-biology don’t always mix; and neither does anthropology and metaphysics for that matter. They’re insoluble, I suppose, like oil and water, or religion and politics. Let’s just all agree, if we can agree on nothing else, that we’re mutually doomed to extinction, no matter what we are, or where we come from, and equally in need of Salvation.

Real scientists, not unlike real men and women, want and need real answers; not just theories and falsifiable evidence. And they’ll go anywhere to find them; to the ends of the earth, even outside of their own finite Universe if that’s what it takes. Atheists, on the other hand, are afraid of all that. It would take too much effort, too much time; besides, they have more important things to do, you know, like genetic and social engineering, aborting innocent babies, stem cell research, and saving mankind in general, along with the whales and the sea-turtles, while trying to convince the rest of us uneducated dolts in their own patronizing and magnanimous way just how smart they are and, moreover, how intellectually superior they are for knowing it. Never mind the fact that they have no idea where that intelligence came from, what it is or how it got there, and are just too lazy to find out, or even ask.

Not all roads lead to Heaven; some go straight to hell. And even if they did, there’s no guarantee we’ll ever get there. Almost all of the major religions agree. If you were to ask Mohammed: ‘How do I get to Heaven?’ he would most likely laugh, tell you how merciful Allah is, and then cut your head off. The Hindu, on the other hand, might simply direct you to a nearest caterpillar, or cow, or whatever reincarnated being is closest to that heavenly state of Nirvana. Buddha, who would think such a question in bad taste, will merely smile and say something like: ‘Heaven is a state of mind, my child’. The Jewish Rabbi, if he’s an honest one, will probably tear his clothes in two and point you to Leviticus or Deuteronomy, and then try to sell you a new suit. As for the Atheist and the Pantheist… well, they’re really just opposite sides of the same counterfeit coin, and will surely agree that if such places as Heaven and hell exist at all, we are living in them right now; and they will be equally wrong, of course.

Perhaps Christianity is our best bet after all. It’s the only religion, that I’m aware of, that recognizes we are all sinners and offers any real hope of Salvation. And all it asks for in return is faith, which is fortified thru grace and obedience. It doesn’t get much simpler than. The Jews have the Law; Islam has the prophet; Buddha, Vishnu and Confucius have their ambiguities; and atheism is simply too heavy a load to carry. ‘For my yoke is easy and my burden is light…’ And He does all the work! In fact, on our own, we can do nothing. And even if we could, then Christianity is a hoax, a myth, a lie, or perhaps something worse; and Christ died for nothing. That’s the difference between Christianity and all other religions in a nutshell: On the one hand, man reaches up to God and gets… well, we don’t really know. On the other hand, God reaches down to man, and gives him, if we take Him at His excellent word – Everything! Including Himself.

There you go. You have  the written material you need for your first hub. Now all you need a pic. Just copy Mark Knowles picture and put 666 on his forehead.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Naw!  Simply hire Mark Ewbie to draw a stickman Jesus to show the importance of the hub.  Of course, a real photo of Jesus would be much better.  I'm sure some religious site has one they would gladly loan him.  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

That sounds awesome

I stopped reading round about there. Since atheism is the lack of belief and not a belief you are arguing against a strawman.

I hope you had fun writing that because I for one did not bother to read it.

1. profile image52
          wayne92587posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry but, Atheism is a Belief!!!

Atheists have an opinion as to the existence of God; an opinion based upon Belief in the non-existence of God.

In Truth the Existence or the Non-existence of God is Uncertain, can not be proven one way or another; that being the reason that both Theism and Atheism are defined as being a Belief System.

I myself am an Atheist that believes in God.

1. getitrite profile image70
            getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually atheist don't believe in nonsense.

If believers had never mentioned some super all controlling being, there would've never been any reason for the rejection.

Assertion--Rejection.  Not Assertion-Belief.

Nope they believe in no-sense..

big_smile

1. getitrite profile image70

Yep, the title of this thread is completely accurate!

Glad to see you in the club!!

smile

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

That was awesome!

1. Eric Newland profile image61
          Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, those wascally atheists are sure to convert if we just talk down to them a little more.

no they won't but it makes me feel good lol

Indeed. If only it were true.....

4. vector7 profile image59

Brilliant..

Just brilliant.

Agreed, and posted to FB, pass it forward.

Will do agua.

8. Debbiestrange profile image61
      Debbiestrangeposted 12 years ago

The existence of God is a theory.  As I see it, in the world of science, theories are meant to be supported or refuted.  You do this by posing a hypothesis and set out to either find evidence for or against the stated hypothesis.  The burden of proof falls on those who state there is a God.

I suppose one could turn that around and argue that, as a null hypothesis, disproving the existence of God is the burden of the disbelievers. 

Personally, if I were trying to find evidence for a theory I developed, I would do all that I could to both find evidence for it and against it, before I could put much faith in either stance.

It's a theory for those who don't believe.

It's reality for those who do.

I think the word you seek is "delusion," not "reality." wink

To be serious for a moment, you could do better with the ladies if you had 666 on your forehead.

I do just fine thanks. big_smile

And so do the transvestites.

2. profile image52

True!
              The Female Species is easily duped, beguiled, easily falling for a Man having Machismo.

666 is a misnomer!

Bestial Man, Man having Machismo, a perverted, distorted sense of Manliness, Macho Man, being a Male Chauvinistic Pig; Brawny Man’s mind being filled with boiled Pig Fat is sick in the Head, Sic,Sic,Sic.

Machismo;

1. a strong or exaggerated sense of manliness; an assumptive attitude that virility, courage, strength, and entitlement to dominate are attributes or concomitants of masculinity.

2. a strong or exaggerated sense of power or the right to dominate:

When it comes to the Love of the Female Species, the Male Chauvinistic Pig, Brawny Man is Two Faced, speaks with a forked tongue; Macho Man’s True Love being himself; Macho Man, the Male Chauvinistic Pig having Machismo, preferring to, believing that he is entitled to dominate the Female Species.

Macho Man having a biased devotion to the Male, Species, to Bestiality; is sick in the Head, Full of it, of Fundament, Fundamentalism.

Sic,Sic,Sic!

female species?

hmm

umm. mkay..

2. vector7 profile image59

How exactly did you conclude I don't have any personal experiences that I conclude on for my faith?

You think I just went, "Oh, that one sounds good, lets run with it!"

lol

No.. I didn't, lol.

Maybe one day you'll look, and maybe you'll get an experience.

But you have to look first. Not glance.

Matthew 7:7

smile

Hey Vector, you are an example of "let your light shine, don't hide it  under a basket"
          keep up the good work! We are God's vessels. We are here not only to accept Christ, thereby being happy and full of joy for his presence in our lilves and the knowledge of his great love for us, and endless "open arms" to us like you said in your hub, but to share with other the great news.

I never force anything down anyone's throat and that's why I think I have good results with communicating with people about God.

After we are 'saved' life doesn't get easier as my friend Tammy said the other day. Even if we are cured too, and our health gets better, NEW CHALLENGES arise all the time, tests , etc. But we are blessed to have the opportunity to serve- because one day in Heaven, we can look back and be happy we did what we did.

It's not easy to suffer, but putting on the armour of Christ, and submitting our will to His, is really beautiufl, and even though i suffer a great deal, every time i come out of it, I am willing to do it all over again, for God.........

Amen.

No pain no gain. wink

I live to feel the burnnn.. lol [weight lifting funny]

You are exactly right. Do everything to the glory of God.

smile

2. getitrite profile image70

So did you compare Matthew 7:7 to these verses from the Quran?

22:62 - It is a fact that ALLAH is the Truth, while the setting up of any idols beside Him constitutes a falsehood, and that ALLAH is the Most High, the Supreme.

10:32 - Such is ALLAH, your rightful Lord. What is there after the truth, except falsehood? How could you disregard all this?

Ever heard of legal precedent?

Rev 22 18:19
            For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

They close the canon of scripture, anything written after that is outside of that canon.

Anyhow, no matter if the Muslims were correct, atheists are still stuffed with God.

I am 100% secure in my belief that I have decided correctly, if you are also 100% sure, well done, and may your life be a pleasant one.

We ALL find out whether we made the correct decision when we die.

Actually, when you're dead, you don't "find out" anything at all, because you're dead.

And THAT is what you are staking your eternal destiny upon.

Your choice, hope you made the right decision, and oddly enough, if you are correct, so what?

Your religious fantasies are all in your head, you even provided evidence from scientists to show it's all in your head.

There is nothing to stake.

Hey buddy!!!

big_smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

And you choose to worship the god that is burning our friend Ernest?

Wow! sad sad

Actually it's YOU that says Earnest is in Hell Mark, but let's ignore that shall we, you like to keep grinding the stone to no avail.

I chose to worship a God that offers Grace and Mercy to everyone, you chose to reject the offer and abuse Him. Slight difference.

Picture a sinking ship, the passengers are offered to leave the ship and have free passage to safety on another vessel, some choose to switch to the safe vessel, some refuse, the ones who refuse are told that the vessel WILL sink, and they will die. They choose to stay aboard, saying that they don't believe the ship will sink.

Why would they be able to complain?

Oh - sorry - what did you mean by "atheists are still stuffed with God," in that case?

You know full well that for whatever reason I suspect that Earnest had been truly saved when he was younger, and if he was, then his later rejection would have been inconsequential.

Earnest will have faced judgement, I have no idea what the judgement would have been, but from the little I know of HOW Earnest lived in the world, I would hope that he was saved.

You are the one revelling in stating that Earnest is burning in hell, which coincidently I think is wrong, as his grandchildren may be reading this, but then I guess you are only concerned about children hearing that God loves them.

YOU keep pushing this hell thing, and I seriously wonder whether you are 100% secure in your beliefs that God does not exist.

If you are, then why are you concerned anyway?

I don't threaten hell, you do, which sounds a weird way to go about being an atheist.

Wow, believers insult and disrespect the living as well as those who have passed on.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

So - what did you mean by "atheists are still stuffed with God." then? As Ernest was adamantly atheist and totally rejected your religion.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Funny how your imagination comes up with scenarios such as that only to further show it's all in your head. lol

3. getitrite profile image70

That would be analogous to your beliefs only if the ship was an illusion.

3. getitrite profile image70

In other words, no beliefs allowed other than Big Brother's

Thanks.  I am sure that ALL religious beliefs are nothing more than delusion, based upon indoctrination, and fear.

OK then, you have nothing to worry about, congratulations, your decision is made and you are 100% secure!

Yep. He shouldn't be worried then.

100% secure!

4. profile image52

Islam is born of Judaism, Christianity, Mohammad believing that the written word, the words of the prophecy of the book, of Judaism and Christianity had been perverted, distorted.

Shara, Islamic Law, the Koran not put into Writing until long after the death of Mohammad and his followers; Putting the interpretation of the sayings of Mohammad and his followers, the Koran, Sharia, Islamic Law, Mohammad’s sense of Morality at the mercy of Men having a distorted sense of Manliness, Macho Man having Machismo, Chauvinist Pigs, haters of the Female Species, men with dirty, unclean hands being allowed to touch, to become familiar with, to interpret, the sayings of Mohammad and his followers, to interpret Mohammad’s sense of Morality, Sharia, Islamic Law, the Koran.

Being impure, unclean, not being of Islam, having no compassion, these men have been allowed to touch, to become familiar with, having been allowed to Interpret Sharia, Islamic Law have perverted, distorted Mohammad’s sense of Compassion, Islam.

Followers of True God, Allah, the God of Compassion, set your selves Free of the Self-Righteousness of your Pharaohs of Islam.

Reject the distorted, perverted sense of manliness that prevails in the Fundamentalist’s interpretation of Sharia, Islamic Law, the Moral Righteousness of Men having Machismo.

Machismo;
              1. a strong or exaggerated sense of manliness; an assumptive attitude that virility,
                  courage, strength, and entitlement to dominate
              2. a strong or exaggerated sense of power or the right to dominate:

9. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Wonders of Viagra. Knew I'd find you guys here.

10. cprice75 profile image85
      cprice75posted 12 years ago

According to social Darwinists...yes.

11. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 12 years ago

Guys, have fun, it's 1am. and I am off to bed.

Sure hope you are all right.

Fine thanks, hope you bring more evidence from scientists showing the beliefs of believers are all conjured in their heads. Well done, sir!

Thanks!

Forget the evidence! We believe because we are fools for Christ!!

God bless ATM!

big_smile

It's about time you began to show a little honesty in your posts.

Aww..Don't be so gloomy ATM.. sad

Turn that frown upside down! lol

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)