I have never ever thought of flagging a hub until now.........

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

There is a new user that joined with one hub, that one hub basically teaches you how to be anorexic, this is wrong, very wrong, we need to do something about it
    here is the link

<snipped link>

1. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it's supposed to be funny?

2. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Everyone has the right to express one's opinion.Why are you doing the publicity of that hub by putting the link.Have you made that hub.simply avoid it if you don't like it.

3. fortunerep profile image68

oh that original

1. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats great.then simply avoid it.maybe thats for obese species.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anorexia is never healthy, no matter what weight you start out at.  It is a serious disease that kills at least 1 out of 4 who suffer from it.

4. fortunerep profile image68

you are too ignorant to even try to conversate with.

I agree anorexia is bad for health.But that  can be a topic of discussion.You simply cannot point to someone else's hub and say that  its bad.Here, I can say that your approach is bad and the topic is very good.Don't you think you made a mistake by putting the link.

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you for real, if a hub is a serious health threat it should be removed especially as a teenager could read it. Opinions on world matters are a different matter, she did a good thing by putting a link !

There are many things in this world which are not only a serious threat for health but also a great threat for the existence of human civilization.Have you made the world nuke free.And for teenagers the entire Internet is free to search. Can you remove all the bad links from the Internet.If so then please do it first.

1. profile image49

What has someone teaching anorexia to do with the world being made nuke free, was I in the toilet when the threat of a nuke attack was announced. Agreed there is bad shit on the net that they can find if they so wish but on a little site like this that is why there is a flag button. Please note I said flag button and not nuke button because I sure as heck don't want you to panic. I am off out my friend but just bear one thing in mind if you have sisters or nieces and one was to die of anorexia from something they had read online would you still be upholding their human rights to read whatever they wanted to and if you do I kinda feel sorry for you. Take care my friend, you need it !

I feel sorry for you too.I am really sorry that you are not getting my main point.My point is if something is bad to the society can you totally eliminate it.Can you really do it.We need to learn what to accept and what to avoid.Please see  my previous reply where I clearly mentioned that anorexia is bad.Have you seen it.If you don't allow your kids to develop the
              power what to choose and what not to choose then how he would  grow up mentally.Everything is in our mind and my main point is to develop it rather than simply hiding the bad things.Thats the way to learn and to compare and to choose.What do you think my friend.

1. HaRRo profile image58
                HaRRoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi first of all I would personally like to say congratulations on your reply. One you contradict yourself several times, and two you use grammar like a 7 year old on a mobile phone SMSing.

Have a nice day.

2. profile image49

I think we will agree that we have different views on the topic but hey that is what the forums are for to discuss them. You seem genuine in your belief and I certainly have nothing against genuine veiwpoints, enjoy your night my friend and try not to worry too much about the wrongs in society, or you may never sleep ! Take it easy Andromida my friend, I wish you well !

Thank you badcompany99.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We should not have that attitude ,because small things turn into big things and big problems get out of control and can cause death.
            Would you stop a driver who was speeding , or let him go because there are still hundreds of uncaught drivers out there ,next town, next state,next country.
            No every step is important!

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I, personally, was responding to your comment that it's okay for obese people: "maybe thats for obese species."

In any case, the user in question has now cancelled his/her account, so it's no longer an issue.

5. fortunerep profile image68

Thanks Maddie, I was beginning to feel a decline of intelligent life on earth.  Im out, conversation is too much for me
    dori

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

If I thought a hub page could cause injury to someone who followed what it said I would definitely flag it. There are too many communities online that glorify anorexia...

7. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Maddie.

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

It is a serious eating disorder, not really anything to do with food.
    Good that you flagged it fortune. smile
    Over-eating is a similar disorder

9. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

flag it...

10. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

WOW! why dont we all go eat a sandwich and calm down? Eating disorders are not funny and should never be promoted, but clearly it is ok to discuss them. My sister was 6 years old and diagnosed with anorexia. I dont beleive there is a "how to." It happens. It has NOTHING to do with food. and the whole obese species? seriouslly, I get your later points, but that was WRONG!!!! Overeating is a disorder too, that also really isnt about food.

11. JessicaR1211 profile image60
    JessicaR1211posted 14 years ago

Wish I could see the hub!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)