A dog-eat-dog election

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (23 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

So...Romney drove with his dog in a crate on the roof of his car, and Obama ate dog meat in Indonesia. Both these stories are getting WAY too much press. Aren't voters more interested in the economy, jobs, the deficit, foreign policy, etc? Have our elections turned into Hollywood tabloids?? I shudder to think how nasty this election is going to be.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am beginning to think both sides are losing site of what needs to happen to our Country.

Habee you need to run for the Presidency I would vote for you! We need a woman in the White House who has sense and can lead our Country by example. There is to much pettiness going in this election year.

2. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

I know.....really??   What the hell are people focusing on?  Please!  I'm a dog lover, but are things so off the wall at this point, we're scraping down to the very bottom, for the crap scraps hidden in dark corners, that don't amount to a hill of beans???? 
    Half of this country has gone crazy......the other half is just nuts!! 
    Let the election be nasty.....let them wear each other down to a frazzle, knock each other out....rip each other a new aaaatitude!!   They both actually deserve a good beating...........but let's just get to where we're suppose to be going!!!!!

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad I'm not the only one tired of the sensationalism. I want to hear about issues!

3. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

As an animal lover I don't approve of the dog-on-the-car incident but it's more a case of poor judgement (& maybe ignorance?) than of intentional cruelty. Hopefully, the incident will help raise awareness of what isn't acceptable in the treatment of our pets.

I'm more concerned with Romney's accepting the Ted Nugent endorsement (after a Tet-a-tet between him & Romney) since this is more current.  It shows very poor judgement on Romney's behalf. So threatening the prez is ok? Where's the repudiation of this endorsement by Romney?

The silence on this issue by the entire Republican party is deafening.

1. profile image0
      Hubert Williamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was repudiated when the remark was made.

4. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

As are all their disgusting insults towards Michelle Obama. And never a word, or an apolgy for her.

You know--people are calling them entitled....it's really true. The GOP is entitled to say whatever they please and never have to answer for it.

Romney's "he believes both sides should be civil" is not good enough--and misses the point! Who threatened to kill him?? And not the first time I might add.

The ones who need lessons on civility are the GOP. They can catch up to Obama on that one.

5. lovemychris profile image76

"Say what you want about Romney, but at least he only put a dog on the roof of his car, not the roof of his mouth," Treacher wrote. "And whenever you bring up the one, we’re going to bring up the other."

Quick!! Dems need a liberal rocker to insinuate Romney is a coyote p*ss*ng on your couch. And what must you do? Why, shoot him!!

Slice their heads off. hmmmmm, red meat. Salivate.

"Kill the Republicans!! Kill them!! Assasinate Romney quick for the sake of another country!"

There....now it's even. Just waiting for a celebrity or an important person to repeat it---then we can talk about equal civility.

Just curious, what did Hannity have to say about his good friend Ted?

More offenses I need to hear to make it "equally offensive":

Calling Romney a piece of sh*t, and a punk
    Calling a Repub secretary of state a worthless b*tch
    calling a sitting female R senator a worthless wh*re.

1. habee profile image92

Someone on these very forums has called Romney a "piece of $hit."
      Obama called Bush "unpatriotic" because of the deficit, which is even higher now.
      Palin was called all kinds of names.
      Bush was called a baby-killer and was depicted as Hitler.
      Palin was hung in effigy.
      McCain was made fun of in 2008 because he had trouble keyboarding due to his POW injuries.
      Bob Beckel just told a conservative woman that she "didn't know what the f**k" she was talking about - on live TV.

Death threats against Obama are NOT greater in number than those against Bush or Clinton: http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthru … inton.html

And yes, the right has done more than its share of name-calling. But if you're claiming the left is innocent of such vitriol, you need to get your head out of the sand.

6. lovemychris profile image76

Hmmm, Ted calls Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton criminals....calls himself a patriot.

I call Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, ets criminals.....what am I called?

Btw---wasn't he pro-Bush?

OK--done now. sorry...the total attitude just ASTOUNDS me!

7. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 12 years ago

If anyone has eaten from a "food truck" chances are you ate a domestic animal. Sheesh who cares!  I am with Habee, it would be nice to hear how the current or running candidate is going to try fix this mess of a country, as they eat whatever they want....

Remember Micky D and Clinton? Should he be stricken from his accolades for having eaten "pink slime"

8. lovemychris profile image76

The right does more of it-- makes it nastier and more personal. For you to claim they are equal---you have your head in the sand IMO.

You are giving exampls of regular people....I'm talking about public figures.

On the National Airwaves and in gvt.

"Drudge pushes smear that Obama's father was categorized "as 'anti-American and anti-white'" when moving to US http://bit.ly/HNp4P3"

Bushs's grandfather helped the Nazi's....I never heard HIM called anti-American, anti-Semite.
    Never entered into Bush's presidency.

Everyone aologized to Ann Romney...who apologized to Michelle Obama after that dork member of CONGRESS!!! said she had no business talking about weight with her "big posterior"?

Limbaugh calls her Moochelle all the time. No outrage or apology.

I am claiming the Right needs to stop before anything can go foreward. They are the biggest purveyors of it.

1. habee profile image92

So, President Obama, Montel Williams, Bob beckel, Bill Maher, Ed Schultz, Olbermann, etc. aren't public figures?? Yeah, right.

I don't agree that the right "does more of it." Whatever - BOTH sides need to stop it!

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which one of those compared Romney to a coyote that needed to be shot, and said we need to cut the R's heads off in November?

BOTH side are not doing it. Your side is.

Until I see a direct threat to Romney...there is no comparison.

1. habee profile image92

M. Williams told Bachmann to slit her throat. Maher has suggested Palin should die. At least Mitt told Ted to "cool it." What has Obama said to Maher, other than thanks for the $1 mil donation?

I can't believe you can only see one side of this. Google "liberal hate speech." And yes, I've already googled "conservative hate speech." Both are sickening.

Democratic strategist says Obama plan is to "kill Romney." I realize this is figurative language, but do we need language like that?
          http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60929.html

Ad, BTW, I think Ted Nugent is an idiot.

9. lovemychris profile image76

And if they are not going to stop...they had better expect the same in return.

10. lovemychris profile image76

Maher said Palin should die?...Did he imply he would shoot her? I would like to see the context of that, please. And Obama didn't ask for his donation...he gave it of his own accord. Romney courted Nugent, and had to make concessions to him for his support-- from what I have read.

The only one coming close to the R's is Williams telling Bachmann to slit her throat..that is horrible.

And--so you don't get away with twisting my words.....I said the R's do it more, and are worse. And I stand by that.

And it came up on my twitter that in 05, Randi Rhodes played a bit where she implied a gun-shot to president Bush. This was the response:

“We regret that a produced comedy bit that was in bad taste slipped through our normal vetting process. We do acknowledge that it was an internal error and internal discipline will be enforced.”

Rhodes apologized for the skit on her show today. “It was a bit,Rhodes said. It was bad. I apologize a thousand times.”

Today--what did Nugent do? Said MORE rotten things about dems. Calling Wasserman-Shultz and Pelosi "sub-human varmints."

Why do Dems repent, but R's never?
    Has that Joe person ever said sorry for yelling you lie at Obama? I don't think so.

If you want both to stop....you had better write the pols on your side. Because everyone has the right to defend themselves from these constant personal attacks. 
    Attacks on your religious beliefs, your loyalty to your country, and your safety.

11. lovemychris profile image76

Oh ok...just heard that the concessions Mitt made to Nuge was that he would not do anything to regulate or prohibit gun use....

Typical, since Nuge made his statements at a meeting of the NRA. Imagine that: calling for violence against dems at an NRA meeting. Geeeee. subtle. you think?

12. lovemychris profile image76

I was just told that I think it's ok to kill babies.....is that as bad as calling Bush a baby-killer?

13. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Maybe Romney was trying to tenderize his dog before consuming it.

1. habee profile image92

I knew someone was going to say something like that, and I should have known it would be you, Ron! lol

14. lovemychris profile image76

Here ya go:...these guys nailed it IMO.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/04/dav … oJoBlog%29

15. carol3san profile image61
    carol3sanposted 12 years ago

This election is getting nasty already.  I never heard anyone threaten to cut of the opposing party's heads before.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)