Hubchallenge Halfway Mark.. Have You Changed Your Goal?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (70 posts)
  1. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

I was pretty confident I could produce 100 hubs, and if I wasn't feeling the effects of burn out I still think I could do it. But right now, If I get to just 70 I'll be content (I'm at 51 now). I could quit all together and not feel bad, but I wanted to add as many as possible because I'm going to be going back to work again soon and just won't have the time.

So to those who are still in it, are you lowering your hub goal??

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Nope.  Started with 30 as I was away the first ten days, not going for 100!

3. KT pdx profile image69
    KT pdxposted 14 years ago

I'm only doing 30, so I'm staying with that.  I'm almost where I need to be for that goal, just a few more to do.  I'm so glad I didn't try for 100!

4. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

I am still going for 100 hubpage articles.  Read Steph video on youtube and you will be inspired to continue.

5. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I can't do it. I have lost interest in writing and can't push myself. I thought I could, but I ended up taking summer classes and well, enjoying summer! I have only written 5 or 6 towards the challenge! lol. I have a bunch in development, but I"m going to write them in my own time, when I feel like it. Otherwise, mine would be forced. I think I would've done better during Winter Break, where I could be inside and cuddled up all day, writing.

You guys have done a fantastic job, thus far! Keep them coming! smile

I am rooting for you all!

6. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I'll finish mine. I'm on 27 of 30. I have taken a good break. If I hadn't taken a break, I would have gotten crazy burnt out. I also would have run out of ideas. I have a few I'm working on, but probably won't publish just yet. If I had pushed a little harder and had more ideas, I would have been able to make 100 I think.. Oh well.. Next time.

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Push that bit harder Whitney you can do it, you are an inspiration.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am curious why you quote nearly everything that I respond to?

I have ideas, but there's no way I'll finish 100. My goal from the start was 30, which I'll be able to do. I actually have more than that ready to publish, but I'm still tweaking.

7. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Obviously I qoute it so you know I am talking to you, I would have thought being a member two years you would have realised that.

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Did I miss Whitney stepping on your toes BC?

9. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

B.C. just feels like you're quoting everything I say on nearly every post.

10. profile image49

Well if you check around the forum you will see I quote loads of others Whitney, if you feel that way that's not my fault.

11. profile image0
    MangoGirlposted 14 years ago

I was committed to writing 100, but I give up!

1. profile image49

I gave up after 2 so I really admire those that have stuck at it, hope you dont mind me quoting you.

1. profile image0
        MangoGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Suit yourself, you wanker.

1. profile image49

Not nice, seems your intellect is slipping 1

2. profile image0

Nah, why would I mind? smile I'm actually happy someone is talking to me.

12. profile image0

Hey BC, calm down. smile You never blink, man.

1. profile image49

I am calm Mango, always thanks to good medication. Maybe being a wanker makes you stop blinking, whats your theory on that ?

13. profile image0

My theory is that maybe there should be a tag here that you could attach to your posts to indicate that you're only joking.

Forgot to say. Do whatever you will behind my back. Just please, please, please... leave me alone. I wanna live a normal life on hp and I don't care about those very few people who are obsessed with their theories about me.

14. profile image0

I know this is not you. I know it's not you who write pathetic hubs about me and put things into people's heads.

1. profile image49

Mango you are good you really are but go mess with someone elses head, we are done. You are without doubt one piece of work but you are not as clever as you like to think you are. All you are is a pathetic attention seeker and I think people should just ignore you, from now on I am. I know you will leave some clever comment to this but it will be ignored.

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL You got me all intrigued again wink

1. profile image0

It's not the funny part now, I'm afraid. If you wanna know what's behind this go see Ms Vine's latest masterpiece.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummm, well, I spent like 10 minutes on reading it and comments - so what is not funny about it? You are a sock puppet most likely, and everybody wants to learn whose - I guess it's pretty legit interest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't have been THAT active smile

1. profile image0

How do you know I'm a sock puppet? How do you know how those work?

2. profile image49

Misha do yourself a favour blank her, no attention and she will just vanish, the attention is her lifeblood, just ignore her.

16. profile image0

As if someone were acting like he was a dethroned clown. But no, I don't really think that. I think you're simply in a bad mood.

17. profile image0

I think I've had it. Hp is just not my thing. Return to your daily routine of complimenting on each others comments. smile

1. profile image49

Close the door on your way out you bitch !

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Being a complete noob you did not act like one, and I've seen quite a few noobs during my 2 years here. There is always a chance of that you are really noob of course, but it is really negligible.

And I know how those work cause I have one, too smile

EDIT LOL, waiting for your next incarnation wink

19. profile image49

not a complete noob, the bitch hacked into my email account !

1. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be glad that's all she hacked into. cool

1. profile image49

Yeah would you like an email from someone you dont know who knows your full real name ?

1. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BC - have you corresponded with him/her before - but don't realise? As many are sure Mango was a dual hubber ... it's not hard.

1. profile image49

yes I was mailing Mango trying to find clues to her real indenity, Mango is still here and probably on this thread, but who is the thing.

1. JamaGenee profile image78

HP says that account no longer exists, erego neither does MG.  You ran her off!

2. JamaGenee profile image78

You mean badcompany99 isn't your real name?  Next you'll be saying you don't look like Johnny Depp or that sexy, shirtless guy on the balcony. sad

1. profile image49

So you are JamaGenee then and I love your pic. Of course I am not Johnny Depp but that was my pic on the balcony. I find it strange though a lot appearing on here now, could you not comment before because you were logged on as Mango ?

2. Misha profile image63

LOL I meant hubpages noob. She's gone anyway, but it was funny smile

20. sunstreeks profile image80

I must have really missed something. I only saw a handful of accusations mostly in just the last hour including cindyvines hub which really gave no specific clues until MG posted in the comments.

Up and left already. That was really quick. Someone really didn't want to be outed.

21. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

did I ever mention I'm in construction and how horrible it is when the weather warms up to go inside the portable restroom?

1. profile image49

Lol you GT are something else man.

2. JamaGenee profile image78

Thanks for sharing that, GT.  And this is on topic how??

1. Misha profile image63

He's writing a hub on this tongue

22. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

BC, check yer mail now

23. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Honestly? I have no idea. I haven't even thought about it. Forget it ... leave sleuthing to the 'tecs wink

Go get a beer instead - much more fun tongue

24. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I am mango girl!

1. profile image49

I can see the resemblence !

1. Patrick Delby profile image58
        Patrick Delbyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am just starting out for the challenge and I am not sure hwow I can do the 100. I think I am going to do 50.
        I hope I am able to do them by june 11 when the challenge ends.

1. Patrick Delby profile image58
          Patrick Delbyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any suggestions to speed up the building apart from the fact that if you have the money then the best way is to outsource

25. dwilliamson profile image59
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

I am in for the 100. I'm at 65 right now and I'm burnt right out. Today, I spent most of the day sleeping, which I haven't done in months. However, I don't know whether this is because of the challenge or because of the severe back pain I've been having. I have a feeling that my burn out is a part of everything. I should be able to finish this challenge though. I still have 12 more days left. I figure 3 hubs per day from here on in. I have had thoughts of giving up but I don't like to give up that easily. I'm a figther so I will continue for the time being anyway.

26. SEO Expert Kerala profile image58
    SEO Expert Keralaposted 14 years ago

am just started hubchallenge. when did it ends?

27. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

My original goal - before the Hub Challenge was announced - was to complete 50 hubs in May - and I'm pleased to say that I just completed it. I'm trying for another 50 in June. So I think I'll just take a few extra weeks.

1. sunstreeks profile image80
      sunstreeksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Nelle for meeting your personal goal!!! smile

28. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I took up the 100 Hubs Challenge and now is at 64 and 36 more to go in 10 days.

29. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Did not take up the challenge but just came in to say well  done to those that did...

Then I started reading all this about Mango Girl etc.... cant make head nor tail of what is going on, sometimes ignorance is bliss....
    Did you watch the cup final b.c.

30. aniketgore profile image58
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

My net connection is down from last 20 days so cant make 30 also.

31. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

I'm not going to make it to 100 - burnout hit fast trying to get 4 a day. But I need only 9 more to hit 200 hubs, which will make me very happy by itself, and 9 more after that to hit my secondary goal of 50 hubs in 30 days. And I do think I have a good chance of making that goal. smile

32. Patrick Delby profile image58
    Patrick Delbyposted 14 years ago

I am wondering that how many people are actually using this as a means to make a livelihood i.e writing hubs and making money.
    I am in for the challenge just because I do not love writing but I want to prove myself wrong and write 100 hubs and atleast get into that habit of writing of which I am sacred right now.

Any suggestions to overcome that fear. ?

33. sunstreeks profile image80

I don't think anyone is soley living off Hubpages income, but many consider it a great supplemental income. My next goal right now is to be pay my daughters daycare each month just with Hubpages income.

Don't know what to tell you about being scared.. Just do it. The more you do, the easier it gets.

34. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I accepted the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge.  I've published 28.  I also realized 35 hubs would put me at 100 hubs total, so I've modified my personal goal to include those 5 extra.  So, I have about 11 days to complete 7 hubs.  No problem! 

I've said this in a few other places, but I'll repeat myself here.  This challenge has been very good for me.  I think the hubs I've created during this challenge are some of my best hubs to date.  I have increased my fan base and my daily pageviews have doubled.  It took me 6 months to get my first 10,000 page views and I've almost got my second 10,000 in two months. 

This translating into more Adsense & Amazon dollars would be great, but even if it doesn't, then I'll still have gained so much by writing.

Writing really is one of those things (like most) where practice really does help.  You can't become a great writer unless you write even when you think you're not a writer.  Just write and write and write.  Your style and your voice will begin to come out and you'll find your groove.

Good luck to each of you!

35. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I don't think I'll make 30-- and never did think that. My personal goal was to get to 15, which would put me at a total of 100. I've done 13 so far.
    As far as quality-- I'd say many are better than my personal average, a few not quite as good, but overall I think I'm improving.
    Maybe I'll get to 20.

36. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

While I would love to make 30,as I originally set my sites on, other things have become more important.  I am still aiming to have 15-20 hubs published by the end of this challenge.

37. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

I set my mark on the 30 hubs in 30 days.  I have done 22 so far and hope to complete the other 8.  I wanted to test myself, and almost stopped the challenge when I felt I was not doing my best.  Then I decided to do my best and see if I could finish, but not beat myself up if I didn't.  I will find out one way or the other. big_smile

38. belief713 profile image60
    belief713posted 14 years ago

I have 17 or so (I lost count and too lazy to check right now) out of a goal of 30. A little disappointed, but I had things come up. However, it's gotten me a little more focused (the hubchallenge) so I'm grateful for that. I'm going to see what I can do before it's done.

Congrats to all who've reached any type of goal!

39. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

I FAILED and I am really happy - I got to 62 but I am making much more money - here's why Hubpages challenge failure

40. Trekkiemelissa profile image64
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

I failed miserable.  smile  I did 25 out of 100.  That is okay though.  I may have failed but I will continue on my own little challenge and try to write a total of 200 hubs within the next few months.  Still, with the amount I had written, there is an improvement on my adsense.

41. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I, technically failed. (half full? half empty?)

The challenge prompted me to set a more modest goal of 15 in a month which is more than double my average output.
    It also got me to a total of 100, which is a good personal goal.

Each time I posted a hub I tried to make it better than my previous average with videos, graphics etc. It was good for me though I only went half-way.

My earnings are modestly up.

I'm now looking forward to improving what I have and interacting more with other hubbers.

42. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Somehow I have never been in the habit of taking up anything I cannot do. I did not give up on my Goal. I reached the finishing line of 100 Hubs in 30 days.

http://hubpages.com/author/Anamika+S/hubchallenge/hot

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)