Please help. My hub url disappeared while creating a new hub.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 12 years ago

I was just creating my latest hub and the URL I created comes up with a message that that url already exists. How do I re-link my new hub to that URL (my own thunderkeys URL)?

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

If I understand you correctly, what you need to do is to copy everything from the new Hub and then open the Hub that has the URL you want (in Edit mode); then paste the new material into capsules in it.  Add the Amazon capsules, photos, videos, etc.

In other words, you can't just reassign a URL to another Hub or link one Hub to an existing URL. A number of Hubbers write new Hubs first in Word or a similar program and then copy and paste the material into the Hub they are creating.

ThunderKeysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking a moment to reply.

There was a glitch of some sort when I was creating the new hub. When I refreshed the page (the one where you input title and create URL)

I re-entered the  title and URL. The URL was rejected with the following message:

"The web address you specified has already been taken. Please try another one"

So the unique URL or web address I created for my latest Hub exists somewhere with my username "ThunderKeys on it, but it's not on my account page for opening/editing or anywhere I can find.

Can someone delete the URL in question so that I can re-enter it? Is there another way to access the partially created hub to finish the process with that web-address I created?

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see. I think in this case you need to e-mail the staff directly about the problem. It may take a day or so before they can reply.  I don't know of any other solution. Of course, you could also start over and make the new URL just a tiny bit different from the original one. For example, delete the spaces (underlines); or add a number or another word.

Thank you very much Aficionada for taking the time to respond. I took your advice and added one more word to the post URL.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've had hiccups like that before.  Try going to your accounts page and see if your hub is there as an unpublished hub.  If it is, simply click on it, and click edit.  You will then be able to go from there.

Thanks for the suggestion Millionaire Tips! Turns out part of the problem was that the hub did not exist on my account page. The URL was saved but no related page could be accessed. I've since published with an added word via a new URL.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
            Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you delete a hub, the title remains available for you to use for another 24 hours before it goes back to the pool to be reused.  It is possible that if you went back 24 hours later, you would be able to use that title again.

3. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 12 years ago

I'm having another URL problem. I'm adding a 4 word URL with dashes between each word.

I'm getting the following error message:

"Please use only letters, numbers, underscores and dashes in the web address for your Hub."

But I am not in violation of any of these issues. Please advise  on next steps. Thank you.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry you are having so many frustrations.  I wonder if you have spaces in there.

When I start a new hub, I type in the title, and let the URL field automatically populate itself, saving me a lot of aggravation.  I can't think of any reason for them not to be the same.

Well, except when I have a hub that I plan to reuse each season.  Then I will let the URL be generic (Great Christmas Gift Ideas), and then change the title to "Great Christmas Gift Ideas for 2012", but in either case, I let the URL populate itself with what I use as a title in that "start a new hub" page.

No. There were 4 keywords from the longer hub title. I was careful to place dashes between each word and avoid any spaces. I also tried placing the cursor inside the text as has helped before.

What worked this time was just cutting and re-pasting 4 or 5 times until it registered without the error message. Bottom line - it finally registered.

Thank you again for a prompt response and support!

5. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

That would be frustrating. I hope you don't have this (or any other) issue in your future hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)