Bible Study

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (502 posts)
  1. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 12 years ago

Study thread for Christians to discuss God's Holy Living Word.

Jesus Christ is the King of kings and Lord of lords!

Happy posting!

smile

1. By His Way profile image60
      By His Wayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cool!

vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well it would be if we could actually HOLD a discussion between Bible agreeing Christians.

Instead the circus runs on in and shows us just exactly where the conflict DOES come from..

big_smile

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
          Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It does doesn't it? Obviously the conflict comes from those trying to separate people in to different groups and shunning those who are different.

It is a terrible and disgusting act don't you think?

Yeah, so why are you tryjng to make me refuse my Jesus?

I'm not seperating you. It's a CATEGORY.. Aware of those? smile

You disagree with the MAIN TRUTH'S OF THE 'CATEGORY'.

You really have nothing better to do? What is your point here? You don't even agree with the SUBJECT AS A WHOLE.. So you are here to de-rail the subject...

I don't even know why I bother being kind enough to ignore the spam button.. roll lol

Go be with your birdy friends, as if you NEVER heard 'birds of a feather flock...' WHAT? I'll wait n see if you can solve the riddle buddyyyy..

big_smile

I'm not trying to MAKE you do anything

Categories do not require ostrasisation of others.

Derail the subject? Are you saying you don't want to look at things from all perspectives? Just YOUR OWN perspective and everyone else can go away?

Thanks for the insults/. I would'nt expect any less of a devout literalist such as yourself.

Aww don't get sour..

Jesus LOVES YOU!!

big_smile

2. Chris Neal profile image78
            Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do agree, which is why A Troubled Man might practice what he preaches.

Wait, he does!

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Why is this thread only for christians? Are you racist too?

1. aka-dj profile image64
        aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I doubt it!

I think he, like many of us, would L O V E to have a discussion with other Christians without you "botherers" jumping in with your meddling.

I started one for "fools" only, and still y'all came. hmm

You and vector are a shining light as to the ostracism and prejudice of religion.

1. profile image0
            genaeaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ostricism and prejudice are not n the conversstion until you mention them. Truth is available for ALL willing hearts. Black, white, brown, tall, short, fat, skinny and ALL in between. There's a war going on. Pick a side.

"Pick a side"

So you agree that religion divides people.

Keep digging...

I won't speak for genaea,
                but YES, religion divides.

We don't have to agree with YOU about that. It's an established truth.

Or is it only now that you are waking up to that?

1. profile image0

Ha ha! U mirrored the Spirit as I. God approves of our message.

No I am already aware of it. I just think it is disgusting that's all.

1. profile image0

Please save yourself... Visit another forum and disgust no longer. Thanks for  your input.  We got this...wink

2. profile image0

Yes, haven't u been listen%ng. Jesus came to divide yeas from nays. Which are you?

I am one who thinks that dividing people is disgusting and there is no need for it.

1. profile image0

Send God a stern letter. He will be gladto hear from you.

3. cprice75 profile image84
                cprice75posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus said that he came to divide people.  He said he would divide people at the last day into sheep and goats.  Therefore, yes, Jesus is a divisive figure.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                  Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps Jesus simply was planning the menu for The Last Supper ?  "Okay lets see, we got mutton for Peter and Mary Magdelene--the little lady loves a tender lamb chop--and as for Judas...well, he always gets my goat"!  tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Randy. behave man.

smile

4. Chris Neal profile image78

But it's not just religion that divides people. It's any kind of prejudice, whether it be racial, sexual, ethnic, or religious or anti-religious. I don't know about you, but there are at least two people posting on this forum who are anti-religious and who will hound somebody to death if they are allowed. One of them will try it even if he's not.

Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Indeed prejudice is what seperates people and religion breeds prejudice.

1. Chris Neal profile image78

Perhaps, but I see no evidence that the absence of religion means a corresponding absence of prejudice. If someone can show me, I'd love to see!

Perhaps. But there's no evidence that I've seen that an absence of religion also means an absence of prejudice. If you've got the evidence, please show me!

2. aka-dj profile image64

I have never treated you that way.

3. Elijah7 profile image59
            Elijah7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hate false definitions of "religion" - LOVE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY AND HIS HOLY FATHER - GOD - AND THE HOLY GHOST (IMMACULATE) - THE LIVING WORD FOREVER - Amen

Fortunately for ANYONE, The Holy Word is ALSO In Writing - Very USEFUL.

Try reading The New Testament WITHOUT criticism - THIS IS THE ESSENCE OF THIS FORUM POST - Glory To the Word Made Flesh - Selah

James 1 : 27
            "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

Chill out guys - Listen to this. VERY COOL MUSIC :

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … -A-Cry.mp3

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … onders.mp3

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … oJESUS.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINKS AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE.

"Anathema Maranatha"...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6508460_f248.jpg

THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE LIVING WORD OF GOD - AMEN

2. profile image0

Searching for a convincing word. Can't you see  they are thirsty souls searching for s yruth that eludes them for the lack of faith?  Come unto me all ye who are heavy laden... It is hard to carry the weght of disbelief. God surrounds them.

Perhaps! hmm

I've been here a wee little while, ans see no signs of them searching.
            My deepest hope is that it's true, they ARE searching, but the evidence is to the contrary.

1. profile image0

I see. I just feel that "non-believers" put a lot of emphasis on the "nothing" that God is to them. Personally, you can't get me to have a 5min conversation on the existence of the "actual" tooth-fairy.

Some do. I've had some great conversations with non-believers, even if they sometimes get heated. It all depends on if they have a historical or intellectual perspective or if they just want to spend all their time talking about how horrible religious people are.

3. profile image0
      LuvableSweetheartposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a site on facebook where we can have a bible study if you like smile We can make a discussion and hold a bible study. That'll be fun. I would love to get to know more Christians online here at HubPages.
      https://www.facebook.com/ChirstiansUnite
      Just click like.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

See, they dont really WANT a bible study, just wanted to lure the atheists in for a fight.

4. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, can we discuss about bible study together?

2. vector7 profile image60

Subject One:

Matthew 10:34-37

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

I'm not ignoring the OP. I just want to read this in context and look more into it.

Oh no.. lol You post anything you want regarding the Bible. [or Jesus or God, or anything acceptable in Christianity for that matter]

If you are a Christian [Hold Christ as Saviour and God] and want to discuss further points regarding the Bible, any of it to come to better understanding...

Then please feel free to do so! It's what this is here for. [if I can find some fly traps that is.]

big_smile

The context of Matthew 10 was that Jesus was sending out His disciples to proclaim the Gospel and do works in Jesus' name. This was part of His set of instructions, including an admonishment to "count the cost" because people were going to hate Him and they would hate those who went out in His name. The people He was referring to were the Pharisees and the Scribes, who were experts in the (Mosaic) Law, the very Law that Jesus was claiming to fulfill. The upshot of this is that you shouldn't think that "Christian Freedom" means we don't have to obey ANY of the laws of Moses, and that Jesus came to fulfill the prophecies in the Old Testament.

2. Jenna Pope profile image59
      Jenna Popeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is using figurative language to illustrate that we are to put Him first because he is God. Our lives on earth are just a whispy vapor, compared to our lives with Christ in Heaven. Most of us need to be reminded of the temporal aspect of life.

Matthew again!  lol  I'm beginning to realize all scripture which seems to be suggesting God has a problem with self esteem means something entirely different.  One may ask any different Christian offshoot cult and get a different answer to what a certain piece of scripture really means.

Someone on these forums once asked me what sort of miracle it would take to make me believe there is a Christian god.  I replied it wouldn't take anything spectacular, such as an earthquake, a sign from the heavens, or even having a little talk with Jesus.  Nothing so dramatic as these things.

I said all it would take is for all of the Christian cults to get together, and once and for all, decide what the bible really means in its scripture and books.  This way, even those of us who don't believe can get all of you guys to give the same answers to the same questions.  As it is, some of you fine Christians are in for a shock, because all of you cannot be right.

1. profile image0

Have you taken a look at the fact that not even your scholars agree? We just believe that there is only one way. We call it Jesus. You may call your many realities, thoughts, what have you, andplace them into the box of uncertainty and figure til your heart's content. Then when you realized all your reading only leaves you with more questions and additional inner turmoil.  Send me an email. I will help you crossover.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In other words, the answer you prefer for everything is 'Goddunit' so that you can turn off the brain and not have to think about anything because to you thinking is equivalent to "inner turmoil"

1. profile image0

No, not thinking, but thinking with a mind that does not look to God is what leads to turmoil. You annot find the "answer" to every question. You as hum&n, mortal do not posess the ability to understand "all things" you will be learning until your 1007th birthday andstill only 1 or 2 thigs are sure. However, when you surrender to God you dont have to know it all, you kno who holds your future and you become ecstatic! Because the "search" is over. Learning of him is much more fun anyway.

1. profile image0

And yess... I like Goddunit. Nothing else "really" matters.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

So, you believe anyone who doesn't believe as you do is in turmoil.

So what. Your answer to every question isn't an answer at all.

Gibberish.

Surrendering to gods means you learn nothing and remain ignorant.

There's nothing to learn, which isn't very much fun at all, that is, unless you believe turning off the brain is fun.

I believe you are quite at peace with yourself.

NO, that is the answer YOU want to impose on us. The funny thing is, no matter how often you're shown that it's not, you don't believe it!

Where is Jesus having a problem with self esteem?

Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The craving for attention and worship from those beneath him indicates a lack of self esteem, Chris.  Otherwise he would not care if anyone worshiped him or not.  I raise cattle, but don't expect them to adore me even though they are less intelligent than I.  Why would a supreme being need anyone to worship him?  Doesn't he already know he is at the top?  tongue

The problem with your analogy is that people do worship things. They worship sex, drugs, politics, experience, football, money, God, Allah, and John Lennon. God just wants us to worship Him, rather than other things. And if you really knew God, you'd understand why it's better than any of the other things. smile

3. Chris Neal profile image78

Of course in the short term, Jesus was talking to practicing Jews and they needed to understand that if they believed on Him as the Messiah, there was going to be strife and division in their households.

Of course, it's proven to be prophetic in that any person who comes to saving faith in Jesus runs the risk of being at odds with members of their own household. Sometimes with their blood relatives but also within the family of man.

3. vector7 profile image60

"I still believe that he was speaking in terms of the church."

-genaea

What do you mean? I don't think I'm understanding you exactly.

1. profile image0

I am speaking about all the problems he had with the church. Wasn't there a priest involved in the perpetuation of the crucifiction. The church didn't appreciateh%m claiming to be a larger authority. He made them look bad with his onstant rebuke of their ways. The family refs in the script seem like descriprions of those with close ties ie. The church. The holy place curtain was ripped. He was angry with the church for making up laws and rituals to hinder their walk. No argument. wink just wanna see it clearly. I will hit the link when I wake up. Thanks. You are my brother.

Now, as far as what you are saying I'm pretty sure you are talking about the pharisees, or the 'traditions' devotees and 'high-seat' holders.

Which He did have plenty to say about, and this applies in that category too.

Will write what I know when I wake. Knocking out myself.

4. profile image0
    genaeaposted 12 years ago

Oh, ok. A new spot to talk. This is the link anialreadyhitit;) don't know if u slept yet, but I didnt. I'm beat. I will definitely talk to you tomorrow. I'm excited to meet a kindred spirit.

5. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

Matthew 4:19 "And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

This incredibly immoral quote has caused more conflict and atrocities throughout history than any other. And yet, we see here on these forums so many Christians so willing, able and defiant of all who stand in their way to continue the conflict.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

??? Please elaborate. How does fishing for men cause conflict? hmm

As an aside, in the 1970s Icelandic trawlers were fishing in British territorial waters which upset the Scots and led to the so called Cod Wars.

It's called evangelism and does little more than cause conflict as history has shown us.

Glad to see you buddy!!

big_smile

I'm not your 'buddy' nor am to anyone who is so dishonest.

Wait?

You aren't a Christian?

What ae you doing in here then?

OP essay...

big_smile

1. profile image0

Good one! I thought the same thing! Our Spirits agree smile he came to be transformed. He's got ques...we have answ.  Fish!

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
                  Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All I see is sheeple.

Female sheeple that go against the word of god and preach at men as well.

STan is happy with you.

1. profile image0

Satan is unhappy with me. And so are you. I haveno prob with the fact that u2 agree. I have spoken nothing but the truth as it is given to me.

2. By His Way profile image60

I don't think evangelism is the problem. Certain people evangelizing is the problem. Sadly, I can't stick up for a lot of history. This faith has been twisted and manipulated to fit personal and political agendas...but it's the person messing up the content, not the content. If strife was caused by between one religion and another, somewhere someone crossed a line and didn't walk away when they should have. My gut gets twisted over this. "Christians" have been their worst enemy. I see a trend of believers coming up that see this. I'm hopeful.

1. Elijah7 profile image59

Amen sister - They have ALWAYS been here - Alleluia

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Music/Watchman-2.mp3

Right click link and open and enjoy...

1 Corinthians 1 : 1 - 3

"Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ."

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6510263_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
              jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Again garbage.
              Or is it spam?

Spammage?  Godbage?  smile

3. Chris Neal profile image78

Quite the contrary, it's brought more peace than any scientific advance ever has.

2. profile image0

Fishing for men causes conflict because satan dont like it.

I agree, but I think (in general wherever these debates come up) the point is people. People (fisherman) didn't follow the example like they should have. THAT has caused soo much grief.

1. profile image0

Yes, we agree.

2. Elijah7 profile image59

NO Conflict - ONLY wrong interpretation and misunderstanding by people who have YET to Understand The Holy truth of ALL The Ages.

Don't judge Evangelism for The Salvation of souls by the historic misdeeds fo "some" errant denominations.

The REAL author of the conflict and the atrocities is The Evil spirit of satan.

Mankind's sin HAS fed that Wicked Tempter across the past 1988 years or so.

JESUS Is The Full Truth - SET YOUR EYES AND HEART ON HIM ONLY.

He IS sin-LESS...

How about you? What do YOU do about YOUR sin?

Matthew 7:13-14 †
      "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate,
      and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,
      and many there be which go in thereat:
      Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way,
      which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it
      ."

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6506523_f248.jpg

ZECHARIAH PROPHECY ABOVE SHOULD READ "WRITTEN 487 BC"

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How the heck would you know if that measurement of time was accurate? How would you know if John Usher wasn't just another primitive mathemetician? When he put together the time line, it was only acceptable because the pope at the time agreed with it.

Look at all the new Christians!

big_smile

How would YOU know the date is not Correct ????

Anyhow, the full answer to your timeline interest is in the reply comments section of a recent Hub....

http://elijah7.hubpages.com/hub/ANSWER- … M-QUESTION

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … l-Amen.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINKS AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE.

Matthew 1 : 17

"So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6508708_f248.jpg

THE PERFECTION OF CHRIST IS THE CHARACTER OF MAZZAROTH

You've proven your leevel of intelligence, leave the debating to the adults.

"leevel" DURR - Sorrwwyyyy - True though - i am just A Child......

Numbers 16 : 28

"And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind."

Romans 1 : 28 - 32

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder,
              debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6509141_f248.jpg

Let me guess!  Either a friend, a Roman, or a countryman lent you that ear!  Am I right?  That's it ain't it?  I love these type games!  Gimme another one! tongue

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

WOW! lol

When did you accept Christ buddy?

big_smile

Why would he want to do that?

http://youtu.be/52mW5VLgUjc

You mean you didn't read the OP?

hmm

lol

Obviously he doesn't.

But he should.

Hi brother - Is that question for me? Couldn't quite tell...

Never mind, for The Record (no secrets - "open book"), i have ALWAYS Believed - just NEVER did anything about it (a failed sinner) until The Full Water Baptism in Hawaii in December 1984. Then a Direct Contact from God in January 1985. Then a Stream of Signs and Wonders until December 8th 1985 (Sunday) 3.00 PM when The Huge Call To Preach was CONFIRMED.

Then January 1986 The Gift of Tongues was GIVEN...Been a never ending Stream ever since until NOW - Glory To JESUS Only !!! - Amen

Love, Hope & Truth - Maranatha & Mizpah

Galatians 6 : 14

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … fGrace.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Crank Up The Volume - Amen

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6508741_f248.jpg

3. profile image0

Immoral??? How is Jesus being immoral by saying the truth? Jesus came and made a lot of fishers. He did what he said and still does it... Thousands of years later. He makes even you, who does not even believe, to speak his words. AWESOME!!!

There is no truth in evangelism, only conflict.

Said the man coming into a Christian Bible study to throw insults at believers.

There is no evangelism here. The OP states plainly "for Christians"..

What's your purpose being here again? Oh yeah, conflict..

big_smile

Intellectually dishonest again? Shameful behavior.

1. profile image0

Wow! You have a good username 2.

2. profile image0

So it is... And always will be. We wrestle not against flesh and blood...

Wow, so YOU insult me personally and then agree that it is us who are insulting you and that it's always been that way. Absolutely shameful behavior.

Are you a Christian?

hmm

2. profile image0

How did I personally insult you. If u mean your quoted text, it's scripture. See... The person to whom the msg was directed knows that.

2. aka-dj profile image64

Yeah.
          Satan hates to lose one of his own.
          He fights it with all he has at his disposal, including willing servants!
          Know what I mean?

1. profile image0

Alright dj! smile

6. vector7 profile image60

"Hmmmm.  Didn't I see you on the atheist and agnostic threads?"

-Randy Godwin

Yep, and it's been pointed out in the past and I'm not taking my Christianity there any longer.

And the OP doesn't state 'for atheists' lol, atheism is the --> subject.. lol

Not certain, but think it's been a good while since I've done it anyway.

So why are YOU here? To point the finger at me?

big_smile

Of course not, Vector.  I simply like it when a hypocrite complains about someone else being a hypocrite.  If the shoe fits.....

This forum is placed under bible study.  I would wager I've studied the bible, and the history of the old tome and it's writers, much more than the average fundamentalist.  I have no idea of your biblical knowledge or qualifications, but I would be surprised if they were anything out of the ordinary.  Didn't I ask you about this before?

1. profile image0

When youstudied, did yu ask God to help you understand it or did you study searching for a discrepancy?

I thought I was supposed to follow Jesus to be a Christian. This not so for me, for one simple reason: Christ was the consciousness, Jesus was the person. One should forget about the person and find within the self what he found.

1. profile image0

Mischevious? Do you really feel we can find the way in us?

It's possible, as long as one can let go of worldly attachment. One must find the higher truth within the self and then apply it.

1. profile image0

I just believe that the Spirit of God within us is where that truth is located. God must be there.

If you choose to call it God, so be it. Some would call it life or chi, others may call it collective consciousness. The belief in God is no different that of the above.

1. profile image0

Whatever you call it, if it agrees with God. I gowith it.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

I searched to find out if there was any truth in it at all.  Some of the places can be verified, but most of the characters cannot.  One doesn't have to look for discrepancies in the bible.  They are plenty to be found simply without searching.

No, I didn't ask god to help me understand it.  I've been reading all of my life.  Why would god make his handbook hard to understand, especially with the amount of illiterate folks living then and now?  And besides, I've got outstanding and highly educated biblical scholars like you and Vector to explain it for me!  roll

As if you listen to any explanations! sad

I always READ them before I decide if they are ridiculous or not.  Even yours, though I already know they are likely to be so.  smile  Next insult?

1. profile image0

Randy. Will Godwin you??? Yes, seems he told you that long ago smile

But which one, that is the question?  I might go for Osiris.  You might like him too, Genaea. He was born of a virgin, was the son of a god, died and was raised on the 3rd day, and this was over 1000 years before Jesus was said to have existed.  Strange, almost all of the ancient gods had similar traits. 

Isn't it coincidental Jesus would have many of the same traits other gods had long before he was born?  He seemed to combine all of the ancient gods into one somehow.  Hmmmm.  I suppose your God just wasn't a very original guy and had to copy those "fake" gods to get what he wanted in a son.  Yes, I'm sure it's merely a coincidence.  But I'm sure you already know this from your studies in ancient history.  cool

1. profile image0

For me... The words of thebible are the final authority. Maybe prophesy. Only one God. All others imitate. No one like Jesus and no other name can save souls. You don't have to believe me.

2. profile image0

Ok, now we know where your faith lies. Thanks, your input hasbeen appreciated.

You have a "faith detector"?  Now that would come in real handy in church.  No, on second thought, everyone would be afraid to attend!  tongue

1. profile image0

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. You say were your faith lies.

Certainly not in the opinion of internet preachers. tongue

1. profile image0

?

You forgot "for Christians" there Doc Obvious..

Is it that hard to read or? All CAPS NEXT TIME?

big_smile

But it didn't say REAL Christians, Vector.  Otherwise no one would have began the thread or posted on it either. tongue 

It says Christians.

And you blatently state you're not.

So why exactly are you here? Bored?

All those subjects more important than God just slip your mind or something? lol

You guys talk so big, but you keep runnin back to the Christians..

Can't get enough of me can ya ol' Randy boy? wink

Poor fella. I thought we were deluded? You got nothing better to do than hang out with poor old deluded people? lol

Seriously man. The more I see your face in this forum the more I'm going to rag on you because it shows just what your intentions are.

No hiding behind that phony mess you people like to throw around here buddyyyy.. Might need to hit that bottle of anti-ignorance pills you got again..

You didn't notice your ring leader Mark hit the road cuz he's smart??

lol lol lol

You can stick around. Just don't expect me to buy your 'noble cause'...

big_smile

Not gonna cry are you?  sad  Okay, I know you're getting all misted up so I'll leave you alone for a while.  There, there honey chile,.  Genaea, you gotta kleenex for this boy?  Be sure and wipe his eyes before his nose now. Ya heah!lol

1. profile image0

See, vector7??? We wrestle not flesh... The devil feelsbetter when he upsets you. Jesus simply stated, "get behind me..." There is work to do. It aint personal.

Naa, buddy. Go on n stay.. LOLOL..

You aren't bothering me. Why would I cry? lol

I know you don't wanna leave buddy.

Even if it is a bunch of Christians.

You stay right here with daddy.

wink

1. janesix profile image60
                  janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok that last line was a little disturbing.

Without The Baptism of The Holy Ghost randy - NO HOPE OF UNDERSTANDING HOLY SCRIPTURE PROPERLY.

Without The Simple Faith To Be Baptized By Water, much LESS chance of The Baptism Of The Holy Ghost.

Without The Holy Spirit Leading AND thine OWN Repentance, NO Chance for you to ACQUIRE even The Simple Faith...

My PERSONAL Prayer randy IS :

"That The Lord WILL Have Mercy on YOU PERSONALLY, and WILL Contact YOU, as He hath ALREADY DONE with MOST Truly Saved Christan souls - MANY of whom you know in these Forum Posts ALREADY - Father PLEASE Lord, In The Almighty Holy Name of JESUS Christ ALIVE In Heaven RIGHT NOW - Amen & Amen & Amen"

randy - TAKE THIS SONG TO HEART BELOW, (be honest) - Listen To ALL The Words PROPERLY, and say that this DOES NOT "Move YOU", even just a little - Amen]

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … rCross.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE (Crank Up The Volume)

Acts 2 : 38

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6508565_f248.jpg

7. vector7 profile image60

"Hypocritical just a little are you?"

-Randy Godwin

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/96615

Now point out where I told them their belief in oblivion or disbelief in God was wrong..

Finger pointer...

big_smile

8. ii3rittles profile image79
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

I've got an out there comment...

Is it possible that "demons" are all pagan created beings that do not exist? When you think about it, our minds are powerful things. We can scare ourselves into thinking we hear, see or even touched things that aren't physically there. In the bible it talks about Jesus casting out demons, yet in the old testament, demons were not mentioned, only idols. Is it possible Jesus was making people more sane? I mean, no other being in the universe has the power of God and if they did, or even lesser power, they would be considered gods, and God said it himself, He is the one and only.

Deuteronomy 32:16-17

King James Version (KJV)

"16They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.

17They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not."

Is believing that something has enough power to cause sickness, death and intervene with one's life like saying God doesn't have the only authority?

Now I am not 100% on this, just a thought that came to mind after some reading. I still have to speak with God and read the bible more.

1. profile image0

I gotta read more too. But if u mean Jesus having authority... I believe the things he did were done under God's authority. He performed miracles with God's power. Jesus prayed to the Father. They are described as one bcuz they agreed in Spirit. One accord.

I'm pretty sure [don't count me self-righteous here, just spent lots of time in study involving them] that demons are angels that have turned against God as utter enemies with a burning hatred.

When Jesus cast the demons from the two men, he allowed their 'request' to ["suffer us" - they speak to him and call Him the Son of God] go into tne herd of pigs [swine].

Satan is told by Christ to have been seen falling as lightning from God's kingdom by Him.

God has final say [example - Job]

Revelation says he that overcomes [overcomes the enemies lies and trusts God] will inherit all things.

They are called 'gods' because there shall be no god's before God. People made them their 'idol' which isn't a real 'god' but a false god. A person with power but not God.

Satan being called "the god of this world" is in reference to him having influence and spreading lies and deceiving people into serving him. [wide gate to destruction - narrow to life] He tries to rule the world by force, which is why martyrs are special.. They choose God and refuse to bow to the lies trusting God to save them in their attempt to follow and serve Him in righteousness.

I guess that covers what I've collected so far.

I'll try to round up some scriptures and build a Biblical model so the scriptures are the foundation and not just me saying it.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"You are all gods" Jesus, circa 33A.D. (Approx.)

Bible?

C'mon Druid, not you to man. lol

It says.. "Bible Study"..

smile

ONLY The True Believers, with THE REAL AND ONLY GOD, as their Lord and Source of Inspiration for Worship.

UNBELIEVERS don't qualify for this Revelation Title From JESUS.

In ANY Event - Worship God with a CAPITAL "G".

Reject false "gods" and hearken unto "gods" that Preach The Full Gospel with NO DOUBT - Amen & Amen

STEP ASIDE FALLEN SELF...Let Christ Be Lord WITHIN - Selah...

Revelation 21 : 7

"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6508615_f248.jpg

2. ii3rittles profile image79
        ii3rittlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what I read is just more misinterpretation? I am trying to understand the bible and I want to be as right with God and as close to God as possible. I accepted Jesus and pray in his name for forgiveness and everything, but I don't want to be misunderstanding things in the bible.

1. profile image0

It is necessary to ask God to show you the correct interpretation when you read. The bibli says to seek and you will find, knock, and the door will open.

1. ii3rittles profile image79

Probably the best answer I can get! smile

Thank you. I seem to often forget I should seek my answers from God directly before other sources. When I go to other sources, I manage to become confused. lol

1. profile image0

YES!!! wink Jesus came to provide a direct link to God the Father. The intercessors of old kept dding stuff and confusing the laws. God is the source. Through Jesus, we can go boldly to God as his own. He gives knowledge of him to all liberally. Study, you learn to hear his voice.

You hear things from god? Maybe you can help me. Could you put him on the phone for me?

1. profile image0

Phone??? God is in the air. Breathe in...

Hey hippy - Prayer By Faith In The Holy Name of JESUS To God The Father,  CREATOR of ALL Matter and ALL Life.

That's the Phone Number - Call ANYTIME - He IS the Switchboard - Amen

Don't get the number WRONG though.

There's some nasty little creep trying to IMPERSONATE Him.

You REALLY don't want to hear from "IT"

NOTE : The Phone IS The True Faith - AMEN

Acts 2 : 21

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Acts 4 : 12

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Romans 10 : 13

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

RELAX WITH SOME COOL MUSIC AND THEN CONSIDER MAKING THE PHONE CALL - A 24 HOUR HOTLINE.

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … dShine.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Crank Up The Volume.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6508981_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

http://jesusneverexisted.com/IMAGES/cesare-borgia.jpg

Hmm - an impression of BEFORE, without the silly hat and fancy raiment.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6509077_f248.jpg

A VISION OF AFTERWARDS (40 DAYS LATER) ON THE WAY UP - AMEN

Acts 1 : 11

"Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

ENJOY THIS MUSIC JOMINE - VERY COOL INDEED (REALLY) :

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Crank the volume RIGHT UP HIGH !!!

How many times have I told you that I have already read the bible? Stop preaching to me with your nonsense.

3. Bible Studies profile image63
        Bible Studiesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ii3rittles

I agree with what Vector7 said. It also deals with the book of Revelations. It is the hardest book to understand. In revelations, it talks about a war in heaven. 1/3 of the angels side with the dragon believed to be Satan. God and his angels win the battle. God throws down Satan and his fallen angels to Earth.

When this happens is not made clear. It could have happened during the time period between the Old Testament and the New Testament. I don't know. I do know in the book of Job, that Satan still had God's ear, and could visit him in the throne room.

AFTER The Seventh Day Of Creation (REST) and BEFORE young Eve got "Seduced"..Selah

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6509331_f248.jpg

Bigger Picture Here :

http://www.constellation7.org/Constella … arden2.jpg

Well, have fun. All you Bible studying Christians you. roll lol

Can't wait to see how many Christians there REALLY are... lol

This is RICH...

big_smile

Is there going to be a test? I didn't bring an apple. Sorry, I like apples.

Yeahzz.. LOLOL

Good idea.. I'll start one with a TEST!!

Thanks Druid. You're awesome man!

big_smile

4. Bible Studies profile image63
      Bible Studiesposted 12 years ago

ii3rittles

It is better to seek answers on a moderated forum dedicated for Christians.

Somehow I knew as soon as I saw the title this thread would be over run and derailed quickly. I was just surprised it began with the second post.

Someone didn't want this tread to be prosperous in enriching others towards Jesus. Our fight is not physical, but spiritual.

1. profile image0

Welcome Bible studies! smile which side are you on? I don't really understand your post in its entirety.

1. Bible Studies profile image63

My name says it all. Technically, Jesus' side.

I know there are a lot of non-Christian's who hate any discussion  involving Jesus. They are quick to attack. Any meaningful discussion that may have been made in this thread has been derailed, over thrown, side tracked, or trolled. Which ever way you prefer to think of it.

I believe with my whole heart and soul there God and angels exist along with Satan and his demons.

I honestly believe that as soon as Satan and his minions read the title, he made sure those who would derail this thread would come to it, and hopefully flock to it just for that purpose. It doesn't matter if those who side track the thread believe in any of this or not. The purpose has been served.

The attack isn't coming from the people, but Satan and his minions.

Ephesians 6:12 "12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." KJV

1. profile image0

Yes, I quoted that word earlier. Derailed is not the way to describe this forum. God cannot be dersiled. He expects sstan. He is not surprised or thrwn off-track by foolishness. God wins. If one is brought into the light, heaven rejoices! We are procla%ming the gospel and we will not be ashamed or back down. They have questions, we've got answers. God promised that all would know the truth We have a duty to tell it.

Yes, carry on fighting against the infidels.

The world is a fantastic place just so long as you separate yourself from everyone who doesn't believe the same things you do.

You might already have read but I think that is disgusting.

1. profile image0

Please... Breathe in...

2. Bible Studies profile image63

Jesus was a hippy, yes I will fight against the infidels.

You are not an infidel. I already know God loves you. He has a plan and purpose for you. For as long as your alive, he will never quit striving to release you from Satan's hold, and surround you with His loving arms. This goes for anyone else who has attacked God, Jesus, and Christians.

Jesus loves you. No one can ever show you the love he has shown for all of us.

You are not the infidels, it is the evil spiritual beings called demons that are. Yes I will fight them through the power that is in Jesus. Jesus' name is the only way to defeat them. The hatred they have is nothing anyone has experienced on Earth. Even a glimpse of their hatred is 1000 times worse than any hatred you could have ever experienced in your life from another individual. I don't care what type of hate you have experienced or will experience, that is nothing compared from the experience felt from those beings. I would not wish that on anyone. I wish I never experienced it, but I have.

I pray God finds his way into your heart and everyone else's heart who doesn't know him before it is too late.

Unless you can demonstrate your grand claims of a supernatural being to be true then I hope you can realise that from an outside perspective, you sound like any other delusional psychiatric patient who claims relationships with imaginary people.

Except my husband experienced it with me. I have an eye witness. He was physically effected by the experience. I saw, screamed, my husband touched me, it made him violently ill on the spot, said Jesus name, and it was gone.

Well then it is very unfortunate for you and millions of others who cannot provide any evidence of this experience.

Sorry, I didn't have a camera with me at the time, and didn't have time to even think about grabbing one. I know the experience is more real than the keyboard/pad you are using to type on.

1. profile image0

All is not lost. Many will be moved by your testimony alone. No pic required. smile

Thanks genaea.

...and neither did any of the other millions of people who experienced god. Nor were any of their experiences on any of the billions of cctv cameras in the world.

1. profile image0

Hippy... You being honest would realize that any pic of miracles can still b explained awa. No pic wud convince you if u won't receive.

Then again even if I had one, you would probably say it is faked whether it is real or not. I have seen some convincing pictures of angels, but they are hard to find in amongst the fake ones. I admit, I never seen an angel though. Maybe someday.

Which are you?  A satan or a minion?  I'm most often considered a minion I think.  Although if I can tempt a few more Christians--666--I believe the total number needed is, I get to be satan for while.  I'm sharpening up the tines on my pitchfork even as we speak!  yikes

1. profile image0

Man Randy. Think Saul!!!

He better watch himself, Jesus going to turn him into Paul.

big_smile

Hey hippy...

Take a LOOK HERE (if you DARE to be wrong) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNULaTF … r_embedded

ABOVE : Crippled lady WALKS after 23 years in a wheelchair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhpE1CK3 … r_embedded

ABOVE : Multiple OTHER SIMILAR LIVE HEALING MIRACLES on Video - AMEN.

RIGHT CLICK LINKS ABOVE AND OPEN IN NEW WINDOW OR TAB.

John 14 : 12

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6509053_f248.jpg

Amen & Amen "BibleStudies" - "genaea"

Luke 15 : 10

"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … clares.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Alleluia !!!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6509015_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

The 2 yr old child with his crayons!

Boo hoo - you just made me cry with your horrid little insult...

i am SO sad now.....

Think i'll get my crayons out for YOU again - SPECIALLY....

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6509248_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6509256_f248.jpg

Acts 16 : 18

"And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour."

AMEN & HALLELUJAH...

and then.....he smoked a cigarette and said..."was it good for you too"?

Brittles.. She's right.

Or if you have a question I don't know everything, but have spent more time in the Bible than working jobs in my life. Email me and I'll help.. [or I'll email another Christian or two to get the answers if you want a balanced view for security, and get them to email you]

Another excellent study resource is Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary.

It's lengthy but, I assure you he covers the text and leaves no stone unturned. His commentary is accurate, and Biblical and has helped me tons when I needed a teacher.

And you can look up any section of the Bible you want and it's like having a God loving Christ Jesus serving scholar there to answer any questions you have if you are willing to read his long winded writing.

To me it's worth it.

If you don't have time, I do. Email me and I'll look and give you scripture references you can look up.

Also another excellent source is John Gills Exposition of the entire Bible 1887. I use John's just about as much as Henry's. It can be found online.

Thanks

I love getting recommendations from people I can trust.

I've used Henry so long I can almost imagine him talking.. lol

Thanks vector... Is this the right one? http://www.biblestudytools.com/commenta … -complete/

I have always had trouble reading anything! I love to listen or be able to read a small bit then examine it. I tend to read the wrong words as my brain and eyes don't agree with each other... lol

Also, is there audio somewhere I can download or buy? Its much easy for me to listen then read.. lol

Random question... Which is the best bible to learn from?

Here sister - NO DOUBT AT ALL :

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=KJV

Audio is ALSO available in that link. Avoid the "new translations" SO MANY MISTAKES - (only useful for COMPARISON Study)

Original AD 1770 Perfection Here (print press typos and older language purified OUT since AD 1611) :

http://www.constellation7.org/TheHolyBi … Index.html

Finally, this Link WILL help a LOT:

http://www.studylight.org/con/tcr/

Do encourage you to get your own Indexed Copy HERE :

http://www.kirkbride.com/products.asp?cat=3

Amen & Amen

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6509180.jpg

Here's a nice Song for YOU ii3:

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … esHoly.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Enjoy...

Love, Hope & Truth...

Elijah

2 Timothy 3 : 16

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

That includes scripture from the Koran too, I suppose? lol

Does the phrase "Satanic verses" ring any bells ????

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6509381_f248.jpg

PART OF THE LARGEST IDOL ON THE PLANET

THE REAL (ONLY) GOD HATES IDOLATRY

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6509390_f248.jpg

Mark 13 : 14

"But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:"

Daniel 11 : 45

"And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him."

1. profile image0

http://pastorchrisowens.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/jesus-idol.jpg
                  Yes the real one hate idolatry.
                  http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6496932_f248.jpg
                  I think it is exhibitionism he love!

Actually Elijah is a very nice person, aren't you Elijah. You just want as to have a good laugh  at your expense and at the expense of the illegitimate son(As they say in Greek, Zeus's bastard son).

Yes i am.

See you have taken to emulating my forum picture-post style.

Imitation is the SINCEREST form of flattery.

HOWEVER :-

Sorry to burst your atheist bubble jomine, BUT Joseph and Mary WERE Married BEFORE The Holy Ghost Conceived The Only Begotten Son Of God In The Virgin Womb of The Blessed Mother.

Another common antichrist FALLACY...

Told you before, you have a REAL problem READING.

Try again :

Matthew 1 : 18 - 20

"Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily."

Luke 1 : 26 - 28

"And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

Luke 2 : 4 - 5

"And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child."

Student Dictionary  (just for you jomine)

One entry found for espouse.
                    Main Entry: es·pouse

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): es·poused; es·pous·ing

1 a : 1MARRY 2 b : 1MARRY 3

2 : to take up the cause of : SUPPORT

- es·pous·er noun

ANYHOW - sure you WILL like this song :

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … elling.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6509929_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

It is for a person  like you who cannot read and understand.
                      So joseph and marry was married(it depends on which translation you read) and it is jospeh's son, not your god's. If it was your god's you are proving now that he was an adulterer, he impregnated the wife of another person.
                      So either he is joseph's son(then you are lying) or the illegitimate son of your god, understand?
                      Check your 'student dictionary' for the meaning of illegitimate.

Thanks for that info Elijah7 smile

Please don't encourage him! He will simply copy and paste on and on with his childish pictures and nonsense.  He should be the last person you go to for anything related to the bible.  smile

Why do you say that?

Because to take the words of one that cannot speak with his own thoughts, is giving yourself license to do the same. Just because it's in pretty colors, doesn't make it original.

So what bible would you recommend? I have a KJV on my laptop and a NKJV book bible, but I don't use it anymore after reading all of the changes that happened.

Because I am in the majority when it comes to this.....person!  His childish rants should not influence anyone with half a brain.  Only those with less than that will be remotely interested in his links to nonsense sites.  But then, there are always those types who fall for such. smile

5. ii3rittles profile image79
      ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

Which English Bible is the best? Someone ANSWER!! lol

Which one do you want to be the best? If you ask an Anglican which bible to choose, it would prabably be the one of their liking and it would be the same for any denomination.

Well, I mean as far as unchanged translations go. Most people say King James Version is the best, I just want more opinions. lol I don't want to buy the wrong one.

There is no such thing, as it is near impossible to translate the original language. Until we do, we have only the mistranslations left by the Greeks and the many revisions, as it was edited and abridged many times over.

ii3 - And you're asking an antichrist atheistic this question..?

EXPECT THE OPPOSITE OF THE TRUTH.

When purchasing the ACTUAL BOOK, remember that Charles Thompson and his loving wife, completed THE CHAIN REFERENCES by 1908.

This took 40 years - VERY POIGNANT.

The Chain References ARE a Work and a Move of God Himself ALSO, ON TOP, of ALL His Other Moves and Works until 1868 and Beyond to NOW - Amen..

Here sister : http://www.kirkbride.com/products.asp?cat=3

The online Chains are HERE :

http://www.studylight.org/con/tcr/

Best to IGNORE the voices of devils !!!

RIGHT CLICK these links and open in new tab or window to avoid navigating away from this Forum Page - Amen

Think you WILL Love this Worship Music Below ALSO :-

Listen twice for The Depths of The Word - Watch for "The Crescendo Climax" - [tears] :-

2 Peter 1 : 21

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Holy Blessings in Love and Truth - Amen

Elijah †

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6511223.jpg

3. Randy Godwin profile image61

Those compiling the KJV literally kicked out many biblical texts which THEY didn't like and painted Mary Magdelene as a harlot because they didn't like the idea of Jesus having a girlfriend or wife.  They did so because if they allowed this to remain, it screwed up the whole "only Jesus was perfect" scenario and thus the entire New Testament.  This can be seen for yourself if you can find a translation which has not been contaminated by "God's inspired" censors.smile

I don't see whats so wrong with Jesus marrying a woman who was once a whore. It shows his love and compassion. If a man were to marry someone who was once a whore today, no one would think anything of it. Strippers and prostitutes, even porn stars get married. Mary changed her ways and Jesus fell in love with her. Whats wrong with that?

Anyways, I'm sure there is some stuff missing from the bible but the important things are still there. It may be harder to understand with things missing, but we all get the basic message of God's word.

JESUS never MARRIED anyone.

That's da vinci code FICTION GARBAGE !!!

What need hath GOD for SEX ??????

JESUS Went To His Cross A VIRGIN !!!

4. Bible Studies profile image63

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, but I have heard that most if not all modern translations refer back to the KJV.

As I posted above, I stick to the KJV. I did read the NLT, and do not recommend it. So far I found out it takes out all references of righteousness.

No righteousness does not mean just acting right, as that translation would have you believe. It means doing what is right in God's eyes, and doing your best to please God. That could also mean going against what the world says and thinks is acceptable.

The only thing I know is Jesus was sinless. Marrying a woman was not a sin. I don't see how he had time when 90% of his time was taken up teaching, preaching, and doing his fathers work.

Edit to add: There are places in the Bible that talk about the marriage supper of the lamb. The church is the bride of Christ. Some could say that Jesus marrying while on Earth is a broken promise to the betrothed bride. That would be a sin.  Then there would be those who claim all the bride of Christ scriptures is all an allegory or metaphor. Let the theologians argue that back and forth for ever.

Personally, I do not believe that Jesus married. This would be something if you are not sure about to take to God in prayer.
            End of edit.

I do know he never had a child. Just watch out for anyone claiming Jesus had a son, and he/she is a direct descendant of Jesus. I would be thinking anti-christ then from the book of revelations. I wouldn't put it past someone to pull a stunt like that to try to gain power. What some people would do for money, greed, and power.

You are very right. Even though some things may be missing, the important things are still there. The basic message of God's word is still there after numerous attempts through out the centuries to destroy it completely have failed.

"Failed" I take it you mean "destroyed"?

No majik here. Sorry.

God's word was not destroyed. It still exists, and is still the best selling book today.

Yes, I changed the rhetorical question to a statement. I'm sure you would have come up with the many various reasons I already heard. Sorry, not buying them.

Of course not.

Reality is not for you.

Lost again?

"Bible Study"

I'm sure you aren't here to create problems..

Right Mark?

smile

Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No whatever-your-name-is. I am here to educate you and explain why your religion causes so much ill will and so many fights.

Sorry you are having trouble understanding.

Thanks Bible Studies...
              I'll stick with the King James Version then.

3. Randy Godwin profile image61

Bible Studies wrote:

This is great!  Finally someone who actually knows where Jesus was between the age of 12 until he reappeared not long before the Crucifixion.  Please tell us where you found out this wonderful news!   

Would it bother you if Jesus was indeed married to Mary Magdalene?  If so, why?

Once again, I would like to know how you "do know he never had a child"?  You seem to have the ability to state for a fact things which Biblical scholars have no proof of and can't avow to themselves.  This puzzles me very much for the simple reason of you being a Christian who should not be purposely saying things you are not personally aware of.  But go ahead and tell me you know Jesus had no children and how you know this for a fact and then I'll certainly apologize to you. 

How do you know the "some things missing" aren't even more important than what remains in the old tome? And when was the last time someone tried to destroy all of the bibles in the world?  Just the year and who it was will be fine. 

Thanks ahead of time just in case something really important comes up and you can't answer right away.  roll

Why do you have spite towards other people?

Bible Studies said that he/she (sorry, I don't know!?) has an OPINION that Jesus never married. Doesn't mean its the truth or not. Its just an opinion. To take an opinion and dramatize it with saying...

"This is great!  Finally someone who actually knows where Jesus was between the age of 12 until he reappeared not long before the Crucifixion.  Please tell us where you found out this wonderful news! "

is a bit childish, don't you think? I'm not trying to start anything, just saying lighten up and don't take things so personal. Its a forum!

So I should merely allow a person to state whatever they wish even if I know it is untrue?  How is it spite to challenge someone who is not telling the truth?  What do the words "I know' mean to you?  I would think it is more spiteful to make such a bold statement without anything at all to back it up with.  Are you suggesting we all simply make blatantly false statements and just expect others to let them slide?  I don't believe you've thought this through, have you?

How is it "a bit childish" to wish those speaking--especially when they are telling those who disagree with them they are going to hell--would simply tell the truth and not dramatize their "opinions" with  "I do know Jesus was too busy etc. to be married" when they have no such knowledge?  lol

Let's wait and see what Bible Studies says.  Surely he/she will answer if honesty is important to him/her.  smile

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE REAL TRUTH !!!!!!!

Randy, Who says I can't back up my statement?

Yes I did state that being married would not be a sin. Then later I added an edit. Basically stating Jesus is betrothed to his bride. For Jesus to marry, that would be breaking his betrothal, which would be a sin. That is why I don't believe he married at all.

I also believe what the Bible says. Jesus remained sinless. To remain sinless he couldn't marry or break the betrothal. He couldn't have a child out side of marriage.

Therefore he never had a child.

KJV
                    Matthew 9:15 "And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast."

Revelation 19:7 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready."

Ah yes, Jr. never sinned throughout his entire life.  He was a god and not a human being.  I forget that part of the myth sometimes.  This sure does complicate things though.  I know you believe he had miraculous powers so he could probably do all sorts of magical tricks, such as heal the sick, cure the blind., etc., basically all of the same stuff the other gods could do.  I'll bet he could even make his own body have no feeling at all just in case he was crucified or something, right?

That's something I never understood.  The whole "god sacrificed his son for your sins thing" I mean.  Exactly how is it a sacrifice when god can simply bring his son right back to life?  What am I missing here?  What did god give up he could not simply get right back?  smile

Who was Jesus betrothed to?  And we know how much his dad respected betrothal, don't we?  Ask old Joseph how much respect junior's dad had for 13 year old betrothed virgins.  You remember him don't you, cuckolded step-dad of Jesus?

Matthew is really not a very good source of information considering all of the historical inaccuracies contained in the book attributed to him.  Since you use the name "Bible Studies" I'm sure you are well aware the book was written by an unknown author, or possibly many authors, and was simply a collection of tales which was not compiled into a book, or attributed to Matthew, for almost 200 years after the life of Jesus.

Much contained in this "Gospel According to" is just plain wrong historically.  But once again, you already know this if you indeed study the Bible.  Revelations has its own problems too.  It was supposedly written by John. 

Which John is never indicated and this is never made clear.  Choose from several if you wish.  smile Like Matthew, it is thought to have been written in the 2nd century and was not accepted as a viable entry into the group of books which would eventually make up the NT until almost 500 years after the Crucifixion.

Parts of it are so different some biblical scholars believe it was composed by several different authors.  How can one put so much stock in such questionable writings made so long after the fact, and not written by someone actually witnessing the events, is beyond me!  It all amounts to hearsay and this is what you give me as an answer?

2. profile image0

I second that. I missed so much : /

Sure you do!  You're almost as bad to make statements you cannot back up, just like bible Studies,  Perhaps it's simply a Baptist thing to do so.  I know it is down here in southern Georgia.  But some of them handle venomous snakes while doing so!  (no, they aren't handling me.  I'm non-venomous) lol

ON THE CONTRARY, YOU ARE VERY VENOMOUS !

I backed my statement above. Sorry, give a person time to reply. If it was over a day, then I could see the complaint. I do have a life outside of the forums also.

Elijah7, This is when push comes to shove. No matter what feelings you have about Randy, this is the time to pray for him. An earnest prayer that his soul will be saved. Push every thing else aside and pray.

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Personally, I'm not going to reply to our resident "false prophet" and his childish ramblings anymore.  I suggest everyone take this tack or he will simply continue with his inane copy-and-paste biblical plagiarism. 

7. omer99 profile image58
      omer99posted 12 years ago

damn...

Not much better than white man revisionism.

8. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years ago

copied and pasted from wickipedia
        1525-1526 the Tyndale New Testament became the first printed edition of the scripture in the English language. Subsequent printings of the Tyndale New Testament in the 1530's were often elaborately illustrated.

They were burned as soon as the Bishop could confiscate them, but copies trickled through and actually ended up in the bedroom of King Henry VIII. The more the King and Bishop resisted its distribution, the more fascinated the public at large became. The church declared it contained thousands of errors as they torched hundreds of New Testaments confiscated by the clergy, while in fact, they burned them because they could find no errors at all. One risked death by burning if caught in mere possession of Tyndale's forbidden books.

Years later; the church scanctioned the printing of their translation of the bible.
         I'd like to find one of these Tyndale New Testaments

I have read from a number of sources that the KJV was the least popular version of the bible until the late 1800s

Not really making any comment, just throwing something out there as food for thought.

Very interesting, Jerami.  So it was the church itself trying to burn the bibles, not unbelievers?  Sounds about right.  The different religious cults are each others worst enemies, not the atheists and agnostics.  :lol;

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What I been trying to say for a couple of years.

2. Jerami profile image58

I don't remember any wars against Atheists.

Constantines Church was hard on religious people that had a different faith.

CATHOLICISM VS ALL THE OTHERS - THEN - BUT NOT SO MUCH NOW.

THE REAL CHURCH IS NOT AGAINST ATHEIST AND AGNOSTICS.

THE REAL CHURCH IS TRYING TO SAVE YOU ALL.

JESUS "THOUGH HIS REAL CHURCH" IS TRY TO SAVE YOU ALL.

AMEN AND AMEN
          † † †

[/b][/COLOR]

Jesus Christ's name is Iesus Christ in that bible.

J's were not used.

This is one conspiracy theory I buy into.

Yep they were evil bibles for some reason,

all of John Bakers books were burned  cause the word "not" was left off of the commandment do NOT comitt adultery   "so the story goes"

3. Bible Studies profile image63

Very interesting. I read that before the KJV the people's bible was the 1599 Geneva Bible with a lot of commentary right in the bible itself. One reason the KJV was created is because the king wanted to get rid of the commentary.

The Geneva Bible can be found online. I read some, and the commentary is good. I have heard that it is close to the KJV. It may be because the writers of the KJV referenced that Bible. Just as the modern translations used the KJV to help them create the new Bibles.

I think every Christian should Google, Wycliffe's Bible, Tyndale, Martin Luther and John Baker and many others from the 16th century before we make up our minds as  to the fact that King James’ version  of the bible “is the Truth, the WHOLE Truth and Nothing but the truth".

I started to go on and on about the war like situation which was going on while these people who determine which versions of translation should be published. As we all know; the church eventually won.
          I will add just one copy and paste

"One must understand the situation in England at this time. Henry VIII, husband of many wives, was on the throne. Dedicated Roman Catholic, but bitter enemy of the pope's rule in England, Henry persecuted Protestants on the one hand, but separated the church of England from papal control on the other hand. The church itself was rife with evil, wickedness in high places, and fornication of every sort".
            Anyone found posessing some of these translations were executed.

I don’t remember now which one it was that was executed then dug up years later to be burned at the stake in public display to be made an example of.

I don't think that would have been necessary over a few Typographical errors.

The winners of war get to decide how the facts are remembered. And 500 years later they are hardly remembered at all.

The more I study about these things, The more faith I have in scripture and Prophesy.
            I don't know why I want to share these beliefs  Cause  nobody wants to hear them.
            Unless it is because I might have lost my fainh in God had I not found this concept for understanding the bible.

Cause the bible does say that these things will happen. And "Will happen" never stays in the immediate "FUTURE"  ...  for ever!
            We don’t know how to read scripture and Prophesy outside the guidelines of religious establishments dictates.
            Call me a blasphemer for saying so, but I believe that Rev. 13 has been in a stage of fulfillment for the past 1644 years.
            And I believe that there were "too many" clues to this fact written in these other translations.
             Would this mean that believers of this religious establishment are going to hell?  ... Absolutely NOT!  on the other hand; I don't think Atheist are either.
            Why would they (?) for following Gods Plan and allowing prophesy to be fulfilled?

9. Jerami profile image58

The book of Revelation fortells all of this.

AMEN AND AMEN

1900 years ago the book of revelation was written foretelling all of this.

and 1900 years later most of it has come to pass.

10. Jerami profile image58

Most Christians are calling me an AntiChrist right now.

I assure you I, believe in the God of Abraham and every word written in RED.

I believe every word which is written, that Jesus said.

This is where Religion and I separated ways.
        Because Jesus said that he would return in the 1st century, I believe he did.

Religion don't want to teach that, so his word is interpreted to mean something else.
        He said it, I believe it.

Where does it say "when" he will return. I never read an exact time... It says no one in heaven or on earth or in hell will know when Jesus' return will be.

This generation shall not pass till All these things be fulfilled but no one knows what day.

As if I were to say "I'll do it tomorrow but I can't tell Ya what time tomorrow.

And  "some of you standing here shall not taste of death till they have seen the son of Man coming in the clouds sitting at the right hand of Power.

And The book of Daniel explicitly points to a time that many will be redeamed from among man (Rapture)  Which turned out to be 138 AD

Not exactly Jerami...

The Abomination that Maketh DESOLATE, must FIRST be Identified.

Daniel 11 : 31

"And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

NB : Daniel Chapter Eleven is a GIGANTIC PROPHECY of ISLAM itself.

Mosques (other abominations) are Prophesied in the very last Holy Verse.

PLUS : The Gospel MUST be Preached to EVERY NATION, EVERY PERSON.

This naturally takes TIME.

To assist with DEEPER UNDERSTANDING, please note :

The Abomination that Maketh Desolate took SEVEN YEARS to
            build from AD 685 to AD 692.

A picture of "IT" is below.

Now go to Daniel 12 and NOTE the 1290 days ARE in fact YEARS.

Daniel 12 : 11 - 12

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days."

Add another 45 years (re : the 1335 "days") and we arrive during the era that THE REAL NOAH'S Ark has been excated AD1960 - AD 1994.

Think you SHOULD be able to work everything else out from this.

The global EVIL of Terror-Islam is NOW in full swing.

Dinosaurs are HUGELY popular globally...

People are progressively living longer and longer.

BUT, above ALL else, Global Evangelism IS MASSIVE, with
            Mighty Miracles being reported EVERY DAY from ALL corners
            of the earth RIGHT NOW - Alleluia.

These Testimonies ARE Vast and Non-Stop...

"A HOLY CRESCENDO"...

Finally, Missionaries are learning the languages of the last unreached tribal groups globally, BESTOWING them with The Fundamental Gospel
            Of  The Lord JESUS Christ - AMEN

This is ALL EXPONENTIALLY ACCELERATING as we sit here.

In Closing therefore :

Mark 13 : 14

"But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:"

Matthew 24 : 37

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Matthew 24 : 34

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

"THIS GENERATION" Must be ABLE TO WITNESS EVERYTHING ELSE IN MATTHEW 24 AND ELSEWHERE IN PROPHECY.

This DID NOT HAPPEN in AD 138 - PERIOD.

Naturally, there is LOT MORE to Reveal.....

Glory To God In The Lord JESUS Christ ONLY - Maranatha....

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Music/Revival.mp3

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6514515_f248.jpg

11. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

The Wizard of Oz

12. Jerami profile image58

copy and paste from "Wicki"
      (king)James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England

edit  it is 1:00 Am and bed time

Be back in about 5 hours for AM coffee

13. Jerami profile image58

OK here is what I’m thinking.  How I understand it.
      Chapter 10 …  Gabriel is saying, “I am going to give you understanding”, which doesn’t begin until chapter 11.      I can’t imagine why the church would make two chapters from one?  Yes I can, but that is another story.                     
        In Chapter 2 ,7,8 these dreams or visions are divinely interpreted as being four kingdoms in succession having dominion over Israel and Judea.
        Chapter 11 is no different, though it picks up during the time of the second kingdom and describes events bringing about the transference of power to the third kingdom which was Grecia and then to the fourth kingdom which everyone knows was the Roman Empire.
        The fourth kingdom was seen in an earlier vision as having 10 horns and then a little horn rises up replacing three horns. Gabriel interprets this as representing ten kings and then a king rises to power replacing three kings after the ten. There will be 14 kings having power over that Hebrew Nation.
        Back to C.11  When this king (the little horn) comes to his end (11:45)…                                                   (12:1 & 2) AT That Time thy people shall be delivered ,and many of them that sleep in the dust.
        AT That time, when the 14th Emperor dies (138 AD) the entire population of Hebrew Peoples were being deported and scattered across the rest of the Roman Empire.
      (11:7) And when he has accomplished to scatter the power of the Holy people all these things shall be finished
         Daniel heard but didn't understand so the angels replied.
      V. 11   And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away and the abomination of desolation that maketh desolate set up there shall be 1290 days.
      These verses are two which I was talking about in an earlier post that the translators were instructed to translate in such a way as to agree with the church of England theology
      It was translated making it difficult to understand.  And without proper understanding of the 62 weeks as described in C 9 these were obscured quite nicely.
        It seems to me that this just said that a time, times and a half is the same as 1290 days. And scattering the power of the Holy people is the same as taking away the daily sacrifice.
      And in chapter nine using this same kind of simple deduction, it says that 62 weeks is the same as 568 years. Or that a week in prophesy is approx 9.13 to 9.16 years.

That was too much for one post  SOoo   I;m done

14. Jerami profile image58

It just seems to me that every issue discussed in these forums are in one way or another connected to the issue I brought up a few posts back.

Everyone dances (debates) right up to the campfire and backs off as soon as they come close to the central issue.
        About 99% of the amunition that Athiest are using are streight out of church interpretations/translations and doctrine and not so much about the existance of what has come to be known as God.

And for the fundalimentalist ...  We base our understanding from where the comma is placed or was one word used or a similar word. This depends upon which bible we are reading.

One thing I believe for sure, is that the path is very broad (and packed) while the gate is narrow.
          I picture this as a narrow path upon or contained within the parameters of the broad path with atheist on one side and the fundamentalist on the otherside; and the gate represents the truth.

And this narrow path is not to either extreem, the right or the left, but streight up the middle.  Just like when I'm driving my car down a dark deserted road. I'm going streight down the middle between the ditches on either side.

And the greater number of people that agrees with me; the more likely I'm not still on the narrow path.

15. Jerami profile image58

Why don't you just point at each other and say  "YOU Are Wrong!"??
      and agree with each other  CAUSE   That Would Be the right thinjg to do?

I am through talking with her.  She is now on Randy's Wall of Shuns.

Ya shoulda wispered that so as not to hurt abyones feelings.

IF everybody knew what was going on ???

And what was going on WAS  ....   That everybody pointed at whoever they thought was stupid ....   remember!!  everybody is doing it.   SOooo   it's OK and politically correct!

come back tomorrow and tell me how many fingers you were looking down.

And I'll let you know if I can be honest with you and tell the truth?

You first.   LOL ?

Right now my middle finger is very prominent when looking at certain believers, Jerami.  Not you, you have the ability to use facts and reasoning in your posts and looking at scripture too. 

Some, however, are so lost in their own religiously indoctrinated lives they aren't worth wasting time on by conversing with them.  I enjoy discussing folk's beliefs and why they look at things the way they do.  But some are not worth listening to as delusion has taken over their lives.  Let them converse with those of their own like minded willful ignorance. smile

1. profile image0

Randy, faith tells you what's delusional. Personally, no man can tell me God is not real and the Bible that I read is not his word. You have your faiths and if you want to stick to that, it's ok with me.   Therefore, there should be no upset. We both have free will. Prove it to yourself. Scratch your nose...see, no one stopped you. But, if you scratch too hard, there may be consequences. And only you will feel the blood. If I'm lying, no consequences ...right?

16. Jerami profile image58

Randy, better be careful what Ya wish for?
        I said all it would take is for all of the Christian cults to get together, and once and for all, decide what the bible really means in its scripture and books.

==  -- ===
      me
        If everyone agreed about what the bible really means, it might fix one problen, and a worse problem could fill the void.
        Especialy if their answer was totaly true.
        Knowing some things could takeaway from the purpose of this whole thing.

Who said I wished for it to be true, Jerami?  For now, it's very interesting to watch how far some people will go to swallow unbelievable dogma.  Not funny of course, but rather sad from the standpoint of someone who realizes we cannot please every god man creates.  And he has created these gods as long as there have been things which mystified man.

Science and knowledge satisfies my longing for the unknowns of the world, and understanding human nature tells me why there is, and always has been, greed and its accompanying fellows--sins, you may call them--to let us recognize goodness when we see it also. 

But perhaps you are right, Jerami.  There is always something to bi*ch about in the world.  Otherwise, it would be as dull as the believers make heaven sound to some of us.  smile

17. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Well..., look what I found.

"The following Bible quotes are from the Evil Bible Quotes of the Day which were posted to several newsgroups on the web."

http://www.evilbible.com/Evil%20Bible%20Quotes.htm

And since they are on the newsgroups, I'm guessing public domain; so help yourselves.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And by all means, check out the menu options at left. This site has years worth of ammo for those who want it. big_smile

The contradictions are a bit of an eye opener.  I never realized the list was so extensive!  smile  Pretty wild!!

Considering the OP I suppose your intent was blatent disrespect.

Maybe you should start a fan club and post your own thread?

I'm a little sick of arrogance, or illiteracy, whichever the case may be..

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the anti-Christianity posters may be narcissistic.   They love to become infamous for crashing Bible Study/discussion/Praise parties because they can't stand to see Believers freely discussing or partying for the Lord!

1. profile image0
            genaeaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is that "thing" you have that's making you smile while i am all upset and uncertain, you ol' Christian you!!! wink

Wow. I am both happy and certain. Guess that ruins your smug self righteousness. Another divorced woman preacher going against the word of god, I see. How about that. We get a lot of unhappy divorced women preaching nonsense to fill the emptiness of their lives.

Pity it causes so many fights. Still - you don't care about that - do you? sad

1. profile image0

Now i know I'm right! Insults and mud-slinging? You should not make your jealousy be so obvious wink you can't hurt me... I know who holds my future...do you? I won't tell your business  on air, but when you lay down, think of me. I will be there when you are ready to study God. I will help you. No? I can handle that... Have a beautifully blessed sleep.

No insults. Just observations. Sorry you have obviously not read your majik book either. Divorce? Women preaching?

I will not be thinking of you - sorry. Smug, self righteous women preachers just cause ill will and bad feelings.

This is why god's majik book tells you not to do it. Perhaps you should listen to what you claim to know so well? wink

"Bless," you too. lol

1. profile image0

CORRECTION: there's a list of things, not people, that God hates. The fact that now you start slinging personal insults shows that you have run out of juice, Mark. I aint mad...you have been backed into a corner  and now you're doing the "natural" thing. Go ahead...claw!!! wink blessings, again.

So - disagreeing with you and pointing out why your self righteousness causes so much ill will and conflict is "clawing."?

OK then - guess you are not interested in learning anything - you just want to try and "back me into a corner," in order to cause me to fight with you.

Like wot Jesus told you to do?

This is why your religion causes so many conflicts.

Yes - "Blessings" to you also. wink

2. profile image0
              Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's called Hope and Love and the recognition that Jesus is a Promise-Keeper!

I see you have it too!  smile

1. profile image0

Can/will not live without it. For sure! smile

2. profile image0

it is obvious to me that the intent is more along the lines of search for "something missing. " we got it!!! wink don't you see...? Disrespect is expected. People get angry when they are wrestling with uncertainty.

18. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Paradigmsearch feels guilty about his 2 previous posts...

Bible Studiesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Forgiven.

19. Jerami profile image58

Randy said ...  Who said I wished for it to be true, Jerami? 

= - =

I knew that would get a rise. LOL
      ==============

For now, it's very interesting to watch how far some people will go to swallow unbelievable dogma.  Not funny of course, but rather sad from the standpoint of someone who realizes we cannot please every god man creates.  And he has created these gods as long as there have been things which mystified man.     
      - = - =

I'm kinda thinking that we are all eating dogma  ...  tis the only thing on the banquet table ;;  This is hard to see cause it comes in so many shapes, sized and colors.
        ever since the dawn of time people have been claiming that there was some kind of inteligence which comes into this dimension from another.
        All that this proves is that people has always dogmaticly beleived  they seen this most people would agree.   
        And just because one dogmatic group says to another "My God is bigger than your God" doesn't mean that they are actually not one and the same.

==========================

Science and knowledge satisfies my longing for the unknowns of the world, and understanding human nature tells me why there is, and always has been, greed and its accompanying fellows--sins, you may call them--to let us recognize goodness when we see it also. 

= - = - =

Science and knowledge has taught us much about how things have come to be the way they are,From where they came from, right up to the boundaries of THIS plane.

As you see I agree with you a whole bunch ...  but I don't buy the whole speach.

=======================   
      But perhaps you are right, Jerami.  There is always something to bi*ch about in the world.  Otherwise, it would be as dull as the believers make heaven sound to some of us. 

= - = -

And on this last statement I think we agree 100%

Yes, those who believe in a god wish to think there are others as set in their ways as they are.  Unfortunately there are.  All religious groups feel this way.  Sure, those of us have faith in certain things, but if we see they are wrong, or do not stand the scientific test, there are always those in the same field who will set us straight. 

You don't see those in the same field of religious cults doing this, trying to prove their own god wrong.  Instead they bolster each others silly theories about the flood, the virgin birth, and so on.  For every scientist with a theory, there are ten or more trying to prove him/her wrong.  And if they do so, they will also furnish facts which will increase our knowledge, not hold it back.  Completely different than religion.

I am not selling anything, Jerami.  Knowledge is free for those who want it.  Expensive for those who do not. smile

1. profile image0

All depends on what you have faith in.

Elijah7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Randy...

Spotted your TRINITY CHALLENGE ABOVE :-

Genesis 1 : 26

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

That would include YOU with your cattle ranch.

Matthew 29 : 18 - 20

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

1 John 5 : 7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

AMEN & AMEN

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6554183_f248.jpg

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … suaded.mp3

LISTEN UP

1. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

20. Jerami profile image58

Randy,
      Yes, those who believe in a god     
      = - = - =
      ME
      that covers a lot of people with one broad stroke of the brush.

=========
      Other than this I don't know what to say cause I can't tell what part of my statement you are disagreenig with?

It doesn't matter, Jerami.  We are cool!  smile  Thanks for having as open a mind as a believer can have.  At least you open your eyes and look around.  That's more than I can say for most others of your faith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Glypt … rawing.jpg

You're in my, used to be, Bible Study for Christians Randy.

1. tussin profile image56
            tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Learn what spam means.

vector7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm very aware of what spam is hot shot.

Let me help you correct yourself.

Forum Spam

Please note: "...or otherwise unwanted..."

Forum Rules

There's a link, and here is the first fifteen words to help ya out.

"Rules and Etiquette

Below are some basic guidelines to adhere to:

Stick to the topic. ..."

You were saying?

smile

1. profile image0

Down, Boy! wink Our God wants us to tell everybody, not just the easy ones. However, you get to  shake the dust from your feet, if they don't recieve. Repay no man evil for evil. God takes pleasure in avenging his own.

There is no evil in that post. Please don't give them rise to foolish ideas.

Respectfully, they have enough ideas of their own without anyone giving them new ones.

And the smiley face indicates I'm actually smiling.

1. profile image0

K, sorry;)

No worries.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Good grief! What a petty vindictive god you worship.

Why?

1. profile image0

God determines what's petty in this case. It seems like he considers offending his own a large offense.

lol

Weird. I mock his own on a regular basis. Mostly because they say ridiculous (yes - I can spell) things like this.

If you don't want to be ridiculed - you should not say ridiculous things.

2. profile image0
                      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"[The devil] was a murderer from the beginning." (John 8:44)
                      "Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children" (Ezek. 9:6)

"God so loved the world.." (John 3:16)
                      "I will wipe humankind ..from the face of the Earth." (Gen. 6:7)

3. dkoffski profile image57
                  dkoffskiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Genaea,
                  I wholeheartedly agree with you. Shake em off! smile

2. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Randy?  I think that there might be a whole bunch of truth laying about half way between both of our attitudes.

Betcha a nickle!

21. vector7 profile image60
      vector7posted 11 years ago

"Sorry you think you can prevent certain people from entering a forum thread. I knew you were brave. I could tell.

Really - I am considering becoming a warrior of christ myself.

Anti-christian is probably a better name to call me. Christ has been proven to have never existed."

-Mark Knowles

----------------------------

Well Mark, I already told you I'd rather them see you run around in here in spite of the OP. The more viewers, the merrier I am.

Anti-Christ will do. The definition fits you.

And I'm not brave. You are.

smile

22. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Cite your sources of this 'proof'. What? Did they fail to find his birth certificate? No such proof exists.

Sorry Dude, big_smile

I just stated a proven fact - it is up to you guys to disprove it. That is how it works - right?

Law school not an option or you just didn't pay attention?

big_smile

Just taking a leaf from your book. Sorry you didn't understand, but I am glad you agree this is nonsense.

Now prove Jesus and God exist. Go!

1. profile image0

No, you prove he did not exist.......... Go! See? I even gave you more time.

I was not speaking to you. I already proved it does not exist. Your refusal to accept reality is none of my business.

1. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image85
                  HeadlyvonNogginposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please repost the comment, or refer me to the hub, where you have proved God does not exist. I would be very interested in reading that.

2. profile image0

And your refusal to accept truer reality is none of mine. We've stated our positions, if you don't agree, it's ok with me. I don't feel that disrespect should be my next tactic.

23. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 11 years ago

I didn't mean to be gone all of the sudden ...  You know how it is when the meat comes outa the smoker ...   neighbors come by quicker than mmm-skeeters.

24. profile image0
      genaeaposted 11 years ago

For the rec...what you like is described as emotion? Or are you trying to trick me again? smile

25. Jenna Pope profile image59
      Jenna Popeposted 11 years ago

The are no athiests in combat.

Yup. Atheists are not dumb enough.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is no "i" in spellczech...

26. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Mark is pretty delusional, though, he can't admit it. That's the thing about delusion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)