Eat siht , millions of flies can't be wrong!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (30 posts)
  1. mio cid profile image60
    mio cidposted 12 years ago

So it has become public knowledge recently that all kinds of refuse from slaughter houses is treated with ammonia and added to all kind of meat products,specially ground beef.It sounds like a no brainer that such practice should be deemed at least not desirable , and although I don't see the need to even ban this practice , because once people hear about it nobody is going to want to purchase those products, as it has been the case.Except for the deranged political party formerly known as The Republican party, whose prominent figures have embarked  in a crusade to defend Pink Slime,as it is under attack by the LBRL media.

mio cidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there any good reason we should be eating pink slime?

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it makes the producers of pink slime richer. That is a very justifiable cause, much more important than peoples health.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If and when you refrain from labeling Republicans as "deranged", you might be on an equal footing to debate this issue.  Otherwise, your post is just a pawn whining for the Progressive Party.

the republican party of the present day is deranged, it is crazy.If not how http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … j2A-gwould you characterize Gov.Perry,Gov.Brownback,and Gov.Branstad,defending the use of PINK SLIME at a press conference.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

How did they use it at a press conference?

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/03/29/govs_pink_slime_620x350.jpg
            From left, Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and Nebraska Lt. Gov. Rick Sheehy eat hamburgers which contain the beef product known as pink slime, or lean finely textured beef, following a news conference in South Sioux City, Neb., March 29, 2012.
            (Credit: CBS/AP)

Thanks PP for the posting I would've if I knew how but I'm too 20th century still.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60

I'm sorry, I don't see pink slime being used.

3. John Holden profile image60
              John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John Selwyn Gummer got his small daughter to eat burgers made from MRM!
              Brave man.

4. mio cid profile image60

Repairguy knew what I meant he  is just cute like that.

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he and all of his personas, or is that "personae"?  wink

1. Repairguy47 profile image60

Who are all of my persona's or personae?

2. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, it's okay for Obama's cabinet to defend it, though??

Habee, I do agree with you that the administration should not defend the use of pink slime , but I bet you right now whoever came out to publicly defend the pink slime  use is getting reemed a new one, it just doesn't make political sense,but don't you think the gop can't get out of the way of itself? Isn't this another missed opportunity to get on the common sense side of an issue?You know what I'm trying to say here, just because they sensed the LBRLS would be against putting pink slime in our meat they immediately jumped to defend it, just as a knejerk reaction.You have to agree with me that putting refuse meat cleaned with ammonia in our meat products is not a good idea.You are  one of those republicans that have been put in time out,along with the likes of Olimpia Snow,Susan Collins,Christie Whitman,Lincoln Chafee,Colin Powell,Chris Christie, who is smart enough to wait it out until the loon hordes pass before he has anything to do with any national nomination and any republican not willing to toe the line as established by the emperor Limbaugh and his mignons, you must understand what my point is here, this is really not that big of an issue but even in something like this the gop is hostage to the right wing nut extremists.

1. habee profile image93

Mio, I honestly don't know what to believe. From what I've read, the additive is 100% beef, plus the "puff" of amonia. How much is a "puff"? Our entire food industry frightens me, including meats, vegetables, fruits, eggs, etc. The average consumer has no idea where his food comes from. They've never been involved in producing meat or vegetables, and they've never set foot in a slaughterhouse. We've raised cattle, pigs, and veggies on a commercial level, and I've been in slaughterhouses and packing plants. Really, if most folks knew all that was going on, I think pink slime would be the least of their worries. I think I'll just go back to hunting. At least I will know how those critters lived and died.

And I do worry about the moderates in the GOP being kidnapped by the FAR right. I'm also concerned that they're pushing Mitt too far right. I was proud to see him support Obama on the student loan issue, amid many protests from the radical R wing. Maybe he'll stand up to them on more issues.

Got any leftover venison kielbasa you may want to share?

1. habee profile image93

I haven't hunted in several years, but I'm about ready to start back!

3. feenix profile image57
      feenixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of eating siht, what about two of liberals' favorite delicacies, mushrooms and truffles?

1. habee profile image93

lol

2. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but that is expense siht tongue

3. mio cid profile image60

LBRLS  sure have better taste than republicans.

2. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 12 years ago

I always knew that that can of 'potted meat' was no good for me (doesn't even have a nutrition label) but it tastes so good! Not as good as scrapple though.

Potted meat: Mechanically separated chicken, pork skin, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, vinegar, less than 2% of: salt, spices, sugar, flavorings, sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite.

scrapple: Everything but the oink! Snouts, Tails, Hooves, Hearts, Lips, Ears, Assholes, Eyeballs, Livers, Spleans, Tongues, and its primary ingredient CORN MEAL.

Name a favorite food that you eat that you know for a fact is no good for you. I've confessed.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6515539_f248.jpg

3. Repairguy47 profile image60
    Repairguy47posted 12 years ago
    1. habee profile image93

Thanks for that information!

Obama's Food Safety Under Secretary, Dr. Elisabeth Hagen, stated, "The process used to produce LFTB is safe and has been used for a very long time. And adding LFTB to ground beef does not make that ground beef any less safe to consume."

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/03/q … -labeling/

Hagen was nominated by Obama.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Finally, some common-sense information on this issue.
      Thanks so much Repairguy!

4. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

Please....I'm trying to eat my burger!

5. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 12 years ago

But is meat so scarce that the only option is mechanically recovered meat.
    The BSE outbreak in the UK in the 1980s was linked to MRM, why risk it?

6. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 12 years ago

We have been told many things are "safe" to consume, including CocaCola (the subject of another current forum thread), corn syrup, genetically modified vegetables, aspartame, and the list goes on.

This is completely anecdotal, but since we have moved our family to a farm where we grow our own pork, beef, eggs, and vegetables (we buy our poultry from another farm), ALL of us have normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels. My husband previously was taking FIVE blood pressure medications, and his blood pressure was still borderline.  Now, it is 124/68.  Mine is 112/60.

Coincidence?  Maybe.  We haven't changed anything else about our diets.  My sons still drink soda and we all still consume sugary and salty snacks at the same levels we did before.  I keep telling them, imagine what would happen if we cut out those, too!  lol

7. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Well, my husband is a meat cutter.  He knows what goes in stuff....and he still likes baloney!!!  Yuck........at least he can pick the cuts of meat he,himself has cut and knows what has or has not been put in it.  Not to mention the cow in our freezer (ours)....

Good thing about having your own chickens is you get fresh eggs, right outta the chicken's ass!!!

http://www.supercoloring.com/wp-content/thumbnail/2009_01/chicken-have-an-egg-coloring-page.gif

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)