Best Film in the past 10 years??

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)
  1. boberto profile image56
    bobertoposted 14 years ago

What is the best film in the last 10 years to now??

What do you think??

I personally enjoy a good Denzel Washington film

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Denzel is the man. Training Day and Man On Fire does it for me any day. As for best film in the last 10 years...I'll go with Snatch and Layer Cake. Those movies kill me like you wouldn't believe.

1. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Snatch is a movie that I can watch again and again and be enthralled by the acting, the script, the soundtrack and the tight editing.

Another movie that rocked my socks was The Boondock Saints.

2. My Inner Jew profile image62
    My Inner Jewposted 14 years ago

Im going to have to go with The Count of Monte Cristo...hands down my favorite film and book ever!

3. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

" The Shooter " with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover, totally amazing movie. Check out the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6scqO5A … mp;index=1

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really liked that movie. But Danny Glovers lisp annoyed the hell out of me.

2. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of the best movies ever though BC I'm surprised you didn't mention one of your pirate trilogies...lol

I'm also with Darkside on Boondock Saints...also a great movie.

Surprised too nobody mentioned the LOTR trilogy, or he Bourne Trilogy, or the Matrix Trilogy.

1. spiderpam profile image75
        spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess I consider those movies to be more than movies I'll call them "Epic Cinematic Adventures" smile

4. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Pity this wasn't called "Best Film in The Last 11 years". I'd go with Saving Private Ryan.

1. funmoojo profile image75
      funmoojoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, this film is the first movie brought me into the war scene while watching it!

5. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 14 years ago

For me loved american history x

1. Anti-Valentine profile image73
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that one too.

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

makes me cry EVERY time.

6. dipless profile image69

fight club was pretty sweet too, but i was only allowed one wink

1. Joelle Burnette profile image70
      Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fight Club is great, but I've got to go with "Legend of 1900"

7. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Did I say Snatch or Layer Cake? C'mon guys...hasn't anyone seen them!

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

snatch was AWESOME. sorry i havent seenlayer cake yet. Netflixx keeps recommending it to me, but my husband isnt interested. Maybe ill sneak it by....

8. CarpetDiem profile image71
    CarpetDiemposted 14 years ago

I agree that Denzel Washington is an awesome actor.
    That said I just saw Slumdog Millionaire and was blown away, kind of like when I saw Saving Private Ryan. smile And Apollo 13.
    Do I have to just pick one?

9. boberto profile image56

Post as many as you like big_smile

I have to agree with Snatch and Layer Cake although Snatch stands out i have to say, you have all listed some great films though!!

I also seen Slumdog Millionaire last week and thought it was really a fascinating film!

Has anyone seen Step Brothers- that is a very funny movie guys!!

Keep them coming! smile

10. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm with Darkside. Boondock Saints for me. I could watch it over and again. And have done so.

Hopefully the sequel will be out this year sometime.

11. boberto profile image56

Boondock Saints?? Never heard of it to be honest but i will be sure to check it out asap if two of you think it is a great film big_smile

12. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

Barton Fink, No Country for Old Men, The Big Lebowski, Insomnia, The Departed, Mystic River, Bang Bang your Dead, Monsters vs. Aliens, Eagle vs. Shark, Silence of the Lambs (only that might be older?) Rock'n Rolla, lock stock and 3 smoking barrels...oops, sorry....got carried away

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice ones there. Hey, when you see Layer Cake, let me know what you think!

13. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Foolish 1999 movie, most hilarious movie.

14. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Seriously people, the best movie is "Platoon"!  I realize it was from 1986, but who cares? great war movies

Last ten years, I would go with "Band of Brothers" awesome, awesome mini series...from HBO, does that count?

15. boberto profile image56

American Gangster is a classic - Especially considering it is a true story!!

Yet again Denzel Washington, by far the best actor in the World it has to be said!!

16. boberto profile image56

Gladiator?!

17. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

Vanilla Sky, 300, Smoking Aces, American Beauty, Boondock Saints, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Gladiator, Highlander, Kung Fu Hustle, Office Space, The Mummy, The Final Cut, Pulp Fiction, Undertaking Betty, Magnolia, X-Men 1, 2, 3, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Punch Drunk Love, Closer, V for Vendetta, The Count of Monte Cristo, Prozac Nation, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Memento, Donnie Darko, The Prestige, The Illusionist, Sin City, RENT, Interview with the Vampire, Dairy of a Mad Black Woman, Stranger Than Fiction, The Fountain, Stay, The Lady in the Water, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Blow, and I hope to add Sherlock Holmes to the list.

18. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

Gladiator and Blackhawk Down.  Had I made it through Army Airborne school, Blackhawk might very well have depicted me (among others).

19. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Best film is Glory with Denzel Washington

1. curiozities profile image61
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was a very good one but if I'm not mistaken it's older than 10 years.

20. Anti-Valentine profile image73

We've all ready got American Beauty, American Gangster, and American History X.

How about American Psycho?

21. dipless profile image69

American Beauty but can't remember when it was produced! I love Kevin Spacey!

22. Anti-Valentine profile image73

L.A. Confidential.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)