Have You Ever Received A Love Letter From Other Hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (45 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6238260_f248.jpg
    Have you received any love letter from other Hubber or your reader on Hubpages? Today I received one from a woman Hubber who is very active on Hubapages. I do not understand how to deal with it, as I hate love letters. Please share your experience and guide me.

1. Jaspals profile image59
      Jaspalsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see no reason to hate love letters. Love is a pious feeling if some one feel at heart. You must respond those feelings. It's wonderful idea to exchange love letters.

1. profile image58
        Norwayboy-33posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi.
        My name is Per and j live in Norway.
        33 years old.
        J just wanted to say that j agree whid you!
        Love comes from the heart and those feelings must
        be responded to from both sides to connect.
        Loveletters are also wonderfull to exchange!

2. donnaisabella profile image73
      donnaisabellaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am sure she already knows how you feel from this forum thread! I wish there was a more private way of doing it. Good luck!

1. profile image0
        MP50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish.

2. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is a more private way of doing it - reply directly to what I presume was an email.  A polite 'thanks but no thanks' should do it.

1. donnaisabella profile image73

ditto

3. profile image58

Hi mam.
        J agree whid you!

3. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, but I would LOVE to experience that feeling. Over the course of my life, I've never had that many females do something for me like this you are talking about. And this is a good question, I might add.

4. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Jainismus, I didn't realize this forum thread was in the humor section either when I read it, but my first response was to reply with something funny, funny eh, what the topic of love (letters) brings out in people. I have been declared 'love' openly in comments by other hub pager, but just seemed funny at the time (s).

5. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No emails though, that seems creepy. This isn't a dating site (is it?).

6. calpol25 profile image60
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Janismus

When you say Love letter do you mean she sent you a letter from the alphabet like L.O.V.E or did she send you a full on letter with lipstick and everything??? Sorry I cant help it, it is a funny topic lol smile

2. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

Just be courteous and show gratetude for her admiration. If you are not interested tell her so, in a nice friendly way.

She admires you thats nice. You must be a really nice guy.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

are you talking about my luv letter?...i sent it off to a bunch of folks...still no reply...

1. lyndre profile image60
      lyndreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I got mine thanks. As you can see from my pic it made my little toes curl tongue

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...you're welcome! big_smile....i'm in the middle of writing my next one...this time hit 'reply', k?...

2. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I replied to yours ages ago... what do you mean... no reply? smile

And.... I tried to tell you that the OP was not my twin! sad

How could anybody 'Hate' Love Letters? 

How sad that a positive declaration of love is totally wasted on one so able to publicly and negatively declare it worthy of hatred! roll

Amazing! I am so proud as a living person and writer, to appreciate and respect the beauty and vulnerability that can be found in the words and acts of love!

@lyndre... use baking soda to compensate for your excessive use of Brut 33 smile Long time mate.. hope life and birthday socks are good for you smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and yes, i luved your reply...your words melted my heart...they always do.....but, i sent another one PD....big_smile  ...g'mornin' my kiwi friend!...hope your evening is good...off to start my day now...xo

4. profile image0
    MP50posted 12 years ago

No I have never recieved a love letter from another Hubber, has anyone and what was it like?

1. Shanna11 profile image74
      Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I got my first one a few days ago... the user had difficulty stringing together a decent sentence, so I just deleted it, but it was somewhat desperate and the user kept saying something along the lines of  'it is meant to be. I will meet you wherever you want. We will get married and have childs!"

In the end, it was a harmless annoyance, but I was vaguely amused all the same.

The subject of jokes, this one split my ribs apart! Thank you oooh....

2. profile image58

Hi.
        J agree whid you.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

As it is extremely unlikely that a genuine hubber would approach another hubber in this manner, I would be tempted to think someone's email account has been hacked.

I have received love letters before, through the HP platform, from people who admired me so much they didn't even bother to find out what sex I am!

6. Rosie2010 profile image66
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Well, lucky you, jainismus.. unlucky for the one who sent you the love letter.  Really?  A love letter?  Or, was it just an email sending you the pic that you posted?

To answer your title question... no, but if ever I received a love letter from another hubber, I would take it as a compliment.  I would be humbled and ecstatic at the same time, as I am an incurable romantic... I love "love letters."

If you are serious about asking guidance on how to deal with your supposedly love letter, posting this in a public forum is embarrassing to the hubber who was kind enough to send you a compliment.  You should delete this thread and apologize!

That said, now that I know you hate love letters, I shall immediately stop sending you love letters. smile big_smile lol

Anyone else out there who don't want to get a love letter from me?  hmm

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yea.. well said Rosie smile

Clearly she had licked the wrong side of the stamp! smile

But in fairness to the OP.. he did post this thread in 'Clean Humor' category..
      As if that would get him outta trouble! big_smile

1. jainismus profile image73
        jainismusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pearldiver, actually this is humor, but everybody is talking seriously!

2. Rosie2010 profile image66
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, PD.  I noticed that too.  smile

2. jainismus profile image73
      jainismusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well Rosie, I am not talking about the love letters you send to me. (:

1. Rosie2010 profile image66
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh.  now the secret is out!  wink

3. donnaisabella profile image73

wink

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

oh definitely, indirectly written as a poem. I loved it!

Actually it appears this thread is written as light-hearted and not serious. I love love letters. smile

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Yes, I have. Most of them have been from young men in Africa.

They wrote to you habee! And ignored me with my African headdress? Could you please introduce them to me. I miss home...

9. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Not quite Love - I do however get lots of request for friendship emails...

10. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I didn't actually get a love letter, but, uh.......well, let's just say it escalated from mildly flirting.  It's certainly flattering. But not appropriate.

11. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Me getting a love letter from another Hubber?  Ha!  So why do you need advice on this?  If you're going to ask a bunch of strangers on what you should do about the situation, I'd say this "love letter" rattled your cage.  Or you could be making the whole thing up.  What you consider a "love letter" could be something very minor to the rest of us.  It's not that the person could meet you for coffee and you could get to know what this love letter is all about.  Who cares?  Most likely, they kept the pen name and remained anonymous.

1. kenneth avery profile image79

Why don't we all write hubs, different ones of course, and discuss what content we would LOVE to get in a Love Letter Hub. That might win a contest or two. Right?

Uh, very interesting! Sayings of the wise.

12. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Nothing like fans smile yeah, I've recieved 'love' emails of one sort or another and even marriage proposals hmm it can be flattering and I do love 'love' letters too lol but reality of the situation states, well, I need more time tongue lol

13. profile image0

Good idea, Kenneth.  But I did find out that writing contests aren't my thang.  And the last love letter I received was a scrawled note from my hubby on Valentine's Day, telling me he loved me.  Good enough for me.  He leaves the house at 3 a.m. for work, so I don't know how he managed to write anything without falling asleep.  I appreciated it, through.

1. kenneth avery profile image79

Dear Arlene . . .good for you, my friend. I was just thinking that HubPages always has some type of contest going and we could enter and maybe win some bucks...that I desperately need. And me wanting a love letter from a strange female hubber....that was my spirit of adventure wanting to come out, so I just put him back in his house. With my looks, what woman in her right mind would send ME a love letter hub message??? This, ME getting a love letter hub message is a funny joke...and maybe an idea for a future hub.

14. profile image0

Oh, Kenneth!  You are The Man with the ladies on HubPages.  Your "thank you" emails for someone reading your work are truly charming and genuine.  You do write from the heart with some delicious humor thrown in!

15. Hotshot_peter profile image62
    Hotshot_peterposted 12 years ago

Ah! Love in the air! I can smell it... and now i'm coughing it out. For real? A real love letter? Thank God hubpages doesn't display our addresses

Ok who's asking for an African young man. HERE I AM and i write a really mean love letter ask all my ex girlfriends.

Shanna why is you exposing my love letter to these peoples? All you has to say is that you is not wanting my childs and i will go. It is still meant to be by the way

1. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe she wants you for her baby-daddy.

1. Hotshot_peter profile image62
        Hotshot_peterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In truth? This be very good. Why you not suggest yourself too? I make good baby daddy for many womens. Ask my 100 wives!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)