Truth is an Adiction

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

As soon as we get a little bit of it   ...  It causes us to get stupid.

And to all them people out there that hasn't had a little bit of it yet ??

WELL?     come back and talk to me after you have had just a little bit of truth to get you started.    Cause I'd like to hear about it!

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Truth is Beauty

Be honest and do not harm is all the rule you need in life, Many other truths can be bias and ego driven for individual or group

2. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do I detect a bit of bitterness/sour grapes here? 
      Jerami, truth can hurt, but it is something necessary to tell.

Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You might be right.

Sometimes when our mouth puckers someone needs to tell us caus we don't see it.
          I was reffering to somethink like a "Little bit of wisdom can be dangerous"
        Or something like that! 
           Sometimes i don't explain what I;m thinking as well as I thought I did.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're obviously referring to religious truths.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You get a brownie button for figuring that out all by yourself.

4. profile image0
      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is this "truth"?

5. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is truth, on a cosmic scale? How do you know you have it? How do you prove you have it? What do you do when your 'truth' is the opposite of someone else's? Do you then have two truths to discuss, or one lie and one truth?

It's a pickle. You say having a little truth makes us act stupid.I would say thinking we possess a little truth makes us act stupid.

6. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yet most of us deny the truth, and just accept make believe.

"You can't handle the truth"

That is probably truth concerning each and everyone of us; You included.

Just maybe?  after we have attained the whole truth ... we are outta here.

Leaving everyone else that hasn't attained it yet?

No that isn't my phylosophy  just a brain cramp.

2. Courtney Leah profile image60
        Courtney Leahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I could not have said that any better. Ooh that is so true.

7. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would disagree. People don't get or act stupid when they see or recognize truth. They are too happy at the time and at peace of mind when they do.
      I'm saddened by the extreme numbers that haven't recognized it.
      I am curious to know if you would recognize the difference? I'm not sure you have a high enough awareness to recognize it. From past conversations with you, I would say not. However, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I will agree with your title though- Truth is an addiction. Every person seeks truth because it helps better understand their own life. However, if you're even a little aware, then you will recognize that there's too much distortion and misinformation flowing around. There are so many different philosophies about living life, it makes it difficult to sift through the distortion and misinformation.

The simplest solution is to come to the self realization that truth only comes in one form and that's through Wisdom. Wisdom is recognized for what it is when seen. It needs no explanation.

Wisdom is based on knowledge including experience once discerned. This is the aspect of your individual being where you will know something throughout every ounce of any doubt. Wisdom is never denied. Wisdom erases all doubt or certainty.

There is nothing in your statement I would disagree with.
          I do not fully understand everything I was thinking at the moment that I made the OP.  I think I was think that we discover a little truth feeling that we have attained a place of greater understanding often caused us to behave a little bit stupid-er  than we think we do.

and sometimes when we become addicted to one thing other important issues are neglected.
          But if complete wisdom were ever to be attained that would be a different matter.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60
    stilljustwonderinposted 11 years ago

Some times truth can hurt, some times it can be avoided with out telling a lie.  I have heard people say that telling a white lie is ok, because it keeps you from hurting some one.  For instance, some one has gotten a new hair style. It's AWFUL! They ask you how you like it.  Do you have to hurt their feelings, or lie?  No.  Let your reply be a question.  Have you been to the beauty shop?

I would ask them, are you having a bad hair day? Then recommend a better barber. Why walk around for weeks looking stupid, it's only hair.

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Very good poste EVERYONE.

All I was saying is that once bitten by truth some of us just gotta have more, and some of us sit down and get lost in what little we have already gotten.  This isn't a good discription of what I was thinking (Yesterday)

ATM ..You're obviously referring to religious truths.

There Ya go some more.

The truth is everywhere.  There is religious truth and non religious truth.
    and the same for untruth.

Just because flys cover an orange doesn't mean the orange has become flies.
    Just because a bunch of lies has landed on our faith in god; doesn't mean God is a lie.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is religious truth the only truth? I see no qualifyer in the opening statement. Most people, though they say they want truth, soon discover that being honest with someone all the time is a relationship killer. "Yes, dear, your butt is WAY TOO BIG!!!" Just say that to your significant other. To those detractors of truth...you know who you are...Just because science comes up with a cool name for something, changing what the thing was originally called, doesn't mean they have done away with the "old" thing. Man on earth, since whatever it was that became "modern man" has always been called "man". If it began, as all things do, with the laying of the foundation, as a one celled creature, it was then called man, so each and every change which occured, not a name change. Microbial, swingin' in the trees, or running headlong down the track at the Olympic Games. Man. "Lucy", Cromagon or whathaveyou...we have been called man from the beginning. The original naming of this creature in the time of Moses was "Ish"...a rose by any other name.

I think my brain is getting too tired to construct an adequate reply.

Guess it is getting to be nap time.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
          Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So you did mean only religious truth. There is no truth in religion...from the pope to the evangelist, they are in it for the money.

No  Didn't say that.  Religion can not contain truth though it may hold onto just a little bit of it just like the rest of us.

4. Courtney Leah profile image60
    Courtney Leahposted 11 years ago

One thing about getting truth is that once you get it, you can be driven to craziness. King Solomon said that the more knowledge you get, the more grief comes along with it. If you learn about the chaos in the world, it can make things more disturbing.

Absolutely correct Courtney.  And all too often when we have had a taste of it, we think we are on top of it.
        the quest for total truth is like chasing a never ending spiral.

As King Solomon said ..  ALL is vanity.

But if we find pleasure chasing the end of the rainbow .. let it be so.
      This, like everything else is an experience. And to each their own.

I am a truth warrior yet not the killing kind like in religious wars OR other unkind excuses.

The most Incomprehensible thing about the World and Universe, is that it is Comprehensible

Yep!  It is Comprehensible; but there is too much for one brain to hold.
          unless we break it down to it's simplest form and even then; new avenues for thought just keep on a coming over the horizon.

kinda like tomorrows dirty dishes.

Or kinda like bad news leaves on a tree, the tree just shakes those bad news leaves off, so the new fresh news leaves can grow back in

Yes we gotta get them bad news leaves and all them other excuses and alabies leaves off the branch first or we ain't ever going to see what the limb really looks like.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)