Ive notice that many people have a drop in traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (84 posts)
  1. getpaidtopost profile image41
    getpaidtopostposted 11 years ago

people are saying they have had a dramatic loss in traffic, what I am wondering is how much traffic you normally receive on average per hub. just divide the amount of hubs you have with the hits received and let me know. Im just wondering whether its better to use a blog to do articles rather than hubpages. I just dont think google is listing hubpages high in the search rankings. please let me know.

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I get 30 views per day, that's the lowest. The highest I had was 1600 views per day -Valentine's day. Now, I can never get to 40-50 views. Drop very seriously.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My traffic is down more than 50% today and it is a sudden change. I don't feel like going through what we went through when Panda started again. It's just too much of a struggle.

3. lorlie6 profile image71
      lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My traffic over the past couple of weeks has skyrocketed!  I am not sure why, though my content has been improving, IMO. smile

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

I believe a lot of people (like us) are really getting sick of working hard and being treated contemptuously like Lab Rats, while select web enterprises maintain and manipulate their closed commercial associations and monopoly on the fringe of and outside the boundaries of US Anti-Trust Laws!  sad

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years ago

Normally, I shrug off traffic variations and put them down to weekly/seasonal/inexplicable variations.

Tonight, I am worried - very worried.

Not only has my traffic bombed in the last two days to pre-subdomain levels with blue arrows showing against almost all my Hubs, I have noticed that my top rated Hubs on Google (or at least most of them) have slipped significantly in the rankings.

I presume there has been some other Google re-ranking procedure?

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

Yes there was another change in Google's algorithm.  There was a Panda and then there is a Penguin.

http://searchengineland.com/the-penguin … ame-119623

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years ago

Ahhh, thanks Millionaire Tips.

So now we have The Joker, The Riddler and Catwoman to look forward to, among others... I can hardly wait! hmm

6. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 11 years ago

My traffic has tanked. Down to 500 page views a day from 2,500. I think it has something to do with being associated with HP. I presume HP will come out with an official statement soon - too may writers here have been affected. It's really bad this time.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dorsi, your post is kind of encouraging (in a weird sort of way) because I've been thinking my Hubs are most likely what are to blame for the "all-time-since-subdomains-low" I'm seeing.  I've known that other people (but not all, of course) have seen decreases, but I haven't been sure if they've all been for the same reason(s).

1. Dorsi profile image87
        Dorsiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am glad you felt some encouragement Lisa. HP IS looking into this. I expect some official words of wisdom soon.

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

According to Quantcast, the site overall is not badly affected.

http://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com

Several people have posted of a rise in traffic.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You faring any better these days, Izzy? Before this/after this - whatever?

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha - they couldn't slap this account because it was already slapped! Well, it dipped in traffic but no worse than I have seen occasionally in the past couple of months.

Lost about 75% of traffic on my second subdomain, but my niche subdomains seem unaffected.

Most of my wordpress sites got a kicking, but funnily enough some of my blogger blogs rose.

All swings and roundabouts, by the looks of it, and none of it makes sense.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So it's widespread across the Web? - that's semi-reassuring. God forbid it affects my Blogger blog (that's my livelihood!) If it does, I'm back on the boats for sure - want picked up from Campbeltown to make a few quid on some mackerel and herring fishing this summer?? lol

1. IzzyM profile image87

Have you seen the new EC quotas? No-one can make a living at the fishing these days.Most of the local trawlers are...just gone!
            Was speaking to a young local lad who works at the prawns, and he said they have all disappeared, and they have had no catch (and therefore no pay) for weeks.

Sorry thread hi-jack, back on topic.

Hopefully traffic will right itself in a few days. Just need to wait and see.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that this morning when I checked Quantcast for the past few months and examined their yearly traffic data.

I haven't noticed any significant changes. My traffic did increase the next day then started the normal end of the week/weekend slow down.

8. SpiritLeo profile image65
    SpiritLeoposted 11 years ago

My traffic is down as well... I even thought it is only my problem until I came to the Forum.

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

I lost about 75% of my traffic this week, so I am somewhat grumpy.  It's Google, not HubPages that's the cause.

10. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Traffic has gone back down again, but it is the weekend, so will see what the coming week brings smile

11. getpaidtopost profile image41

wow i have just checked again i have gone down from around 150 hits per day to just 7 for all my hubs also i have checked on google for my keywords and i no longer appear within the results i did use to be top spot. I think hubpages has got a mark against its name with google.

1. IzzyM profile image87

It's not HP, it's across the web.

getpaidtopostposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know its a google update to target spam, this is bad for hubpages as they must be seen by google as a spam site.

1. IzzyM profile image87

No, its not even site-wide. Plenty of folk have seen an increase in traffic. Don't forget that we are treated as individual sites now that we are on subdomains.
          I think we are just collateral damage in Google's fight against webspam, or it could have been the Panda update released the day before the penguin that did the damage.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Izzy is right, we're all different sites in Google's eyes and there will be ups and downs on subdomains just as any other individual sites.

this is not true at all, Im not sure who told you that. google sees the domain name as one which in this case is hubpages the only thing subdomains are good for is to separate different categories that is all, so unless you write about the same categories over and over again subdomains will be useless for you. I think the best thing would be for hubpages to change the subdomains to categories rather than using our usernames so then google will see all the relative hubs from all the hubers in the relative categories. this is the only way.  Im thinking that the creators of hubpages or the seo people who work for hubpages dont know to much about searchengines.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
                Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.  There was a long discussion about this last year, and the outcome was:

- If you have a domain and you create sub-domains which are also authored by you, the sub-domains are just folders on the site.

- BUT if you have a domain and you create sub-domains, each with a separate author, the sub-domains are separate domains.

If that wasn't true, there would've been no point in creating sub-domains for each Hubber - the purpose of which was to quarantine good writers from bad.

I'm sure you'd agree, a blogger sub-domain (whatever.blogspot.com) is quite separate from its neighbour, and doesn't get authority from being part of the main domain.  HubPages has created exactly the same sub-domain structure, the only difference being that HubPages has a complex inter-linking system.

2. Dorsi profile image87

This is what I am wondering - is why some HP writers (even some that have been here along time like me) have been hit so hard. If Penguin was supposed to address spam, why such dismal numbers? I'm sure HP is looking into this.

12. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

For the last few days I've had an average of 15 views per day, that's right people, 15 whole views. I'm gonna start a new account.

1. IzzyM profile image87

You should Hollie. Try to build a niche account, or several, as they seem to do better (and are less subject to Google fluctuations) than one mixed account, in my experience.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I will, thanks Izzy. I've had a few ideas so now's as good a time as any to put them into practice. Maybe this is the push I need. smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

I'd also suggest making up new usernames that are search terms, and email accounts of the same name so that you don't get too mixed up with all those email addresses.
          Just check first that your chosen name isn't already on HP. It will probably be taken over at gmail if you use them, but you can add a number to the end and still get it.
          There are a lot of good usernames used up by people who have never written a hub. Again you can add a number to the end and still get it, if you wish, though obviously you would want to avoid usernames that are in use.
          For SEO purposes, Google ignore the number.

Thanks Izzy. I'm just thinking about user names now and I can see how it could all get a bit confusing. That's a brilliant idea using a name that is also a search term, that would not have occurred to me. Right, off to set up my new sub domain. smile

13. onthegrind profile image81
    onthegrindposted 11 years ago

Glad I'm not alone here, although I feel bad for everyone else.  I've lost at least 75 percent of my traffic for the last few days.  I am still really new to this, but it's frustrating to see it go down so significantly.  Trying not to panic yet.

14. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

I had record highs on Tues/Wed but have lost about 2/3 of that number at the moment. I'm hoping it's just the typical weekend traffic slowdown and that it will pick back up tomorrow.

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

Yesterday's (Saturday's) traffic has, for the first time since Panda, dipped below pre-Panda highs (which a lot lower than either post-sudmdomain highs or lows, even at their more recent "low's").  I just indulged in a whole, big, "venting/theory" thing on another thread related to traffic.   roll

The weekend traffic usually starts climbing Saturday afternoon for me.  It didn't start climbing as early this week, and it looks likes it's climbing now, but by much fewer views/hour than it ordinarily does.  This weekend has brought a gradual decline that's been going on for awhile to a new low.  It's not sudden, though (and I still have quite a bit of room to drop to where a lot of people have dropped to, apparently).  hmm  That's one problem for me.  The subdomain is (at least as of yesterday) getting over a thousand views in 24 hours, but that's quite a drop from both "average high's" of the last few months and the higher "average high's" of the months before that.  I don't want a complete wipe-out, of course; but it would be a lot less complicated if that's what I had.  For now (this hour) I still have enough not to want to do anything to mess up that much, but it sure looks to me like things haven't been heading in a great direction (at least for me).

In previous weeks my weekend traffic would start creeping up by - like - 80/100 views an hour, beginning Saturday afternoon and leveling off to "business-week averages" by Monday.  This week an apparent creep back up started later Saturday night and looks like it's more in the area of - like 10 views an hour.

16. Charity Squid profile image63
    Charity Squidposted 11 years ago

It's because of the Google Penguin that happened on April 26th.  The algorithm is slamming the spammers of backlinks and keyword stuffing.  If you are guilty of that, it could be why.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a keyword stuffer at all, and I don't go around the web doing backlinks either.  The only ones I have are from my own blogs (which nobody looks at anyway  lol ).  My HP traffic has always been either whatever HP sends or else completely "organic".  It could be the links from the blogs that are in various stages of development.  It could be that I write a high percentage of meaningless crap.  lol    Whatever...    I'm hunkering down and getting ready for bad stuff to come.   lol   (I've apparently "gone punchy" at this point.   smile  )

2. IzzyM profile image87

I really think you should learn a little more about the difference between Google objectives and the damage they actually do to websites when they change their algorithm, before you go accusing hubbers of being spammers or keyword stuffers.

Every time they make a change, they hurt an awful lot of innocent sites and still the real spammers slip through.

Go check out any web forum you care to think of where Googles algorithms are being discussed and you will see.

1. Charity Squid profile image63
        Charity Squidposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not accusing Hubbers of anything.  Just passing on what I have read!

Well I don't keyword stuff or spam. Yet, my sub-domain has been hit as have many others.

I suggest giving it a week or so.   As time goes on, the expert webmasters will be doing testing and analyzing the traffic, and you'll start to see lots of blog posts about the update with suggestions on how to recover from it.

However, one obvious thing that strikes me is that you have a small sub-domain.   Although we have the benefit of links from the rest of HubPages, our sub-domains are essentially stand-alone websites - and Google doesn't like sites which don't have enough content.  I'd say less than 30 Hubs may be not enough content, especially as some of your Hubs are fairly short. 

I also couldn't see the recipe capsules on your recipe Hubs.  If you do nothing else, I suggest you put a ratings capsule on each of them.  Google is starting to feature these now, and you're probably getting outranked by sites that use them.

I'll start using them, thanks Marissa. smile The last few months, to be honest, I've been reluctant to add content because of the wild fluctuations in traffic. I realise, however, that I should just write more, stop agonizing and spend less time in the forums. smile

At the very least, add the ratings capsules to your existing recipe Hubs.

How old are your Hubs?  Have you been experiencing wild fluctuations, or are you just reading about them in the forums?  They're not happening to everyone and they're not all negative.

My oldest hub is ten months old. So yes, they're all pretty young. I have definitely noticed wild fluctuations, I haven't just read about them. I was unscathed by the previous Panda update- my traffic remained steady. I was, however, battered by the latest one. Google traffic down by 80%.

I've taken your advice and started to add the recipe capsules, I've not completed them all yet though, as I need to find the nutritional values for some of them. Now, I don't know if this is a coincidence, probably, as it's way to soon for the newly edited hubs to have been picked up by Google, but my traffic started to rise last night. In fact, this morning it is almost back to last pre-panda levels. Fingers and toes crossed. smile

I checked my traffic sources. My traffic from Google.com is down by about 25% but the overall is same. Other countries picked up.

17. Express10 profile image85
    Express10posted 11 years ago

My traffic is down as well. I don't spam or stuff keywords. I do write on a diverse variety of subjects however, my traffic seemed to be fairly steady until recently. I don't know what the problem could be although there are some good possibilities mentioned here.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

All I can say is that I am happy I get traffic from other places then Google. My traffic from Google has dropped everytime I check.

18. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

Glad I'm not the only one seeing such a dramatic spiral in views, yesterday I got only 61 views and stand at 6 today, down from hundreds per day.....sad

19. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

...oddly yesterday I got the most hits on hp and on my blog so I am not sure what has happened.

Mine are the highest they've been as well. But, it's not because of the Panda or PEnguin. My traffic is at a constant high from mid April. My monthly earnings this month alone is equal to what I earned the past 6 months together. Reached and surpassed my first payout which will be next month I guess? Also, hopefully will receive my next payout in the consecutive month too if all goes well.

20. JKenny profile image89
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

Yep, I'm another getting record traffic, particularly from Google. Mine's been on the increase ever since I stopped using Reddit about a month ago.

I never actually promoted my hubs on any social network other than when they were first published - one share. But, I stopped that too now. Glad to know that many are seeing an increase in traffic too smile

2. getpaidtopost profile image41

Do you know why you hubs have not been affected jkenny? Ill tell you all your hubs are basicly on the same wavelength as one another and google now sees your subdomain as a category. google likes things to be categorised as yours is. most hubbers write about so many subjects that there subdomain is not seen as a category and there for is not taken serious by google. that is why the drop in traffic.  for the most you have a subject market within your subdomain and that is what google likes

21. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

My traffic was at an all-time high on Thursday the 26th. It then went down over the weekend, which is normal, but has only climbed back a tiny bit now that it is Tuesday. Usually the climb back up starts late Sunday and is back to normal by Monday. I'm at about half of what I was. This is worrisome. I was finally gaining some momentum and my views/payments were starting to add up, but now I feel like I'm starting over. sad

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a very bad experience, SAF.  Some of us have already went through this and are still trying to regain our traffic since then.  I'm back where I was two years ago at this point and have no real hope it won't happen again.  Not a very bright future here with nothing to depend on anymore.  I hope your account is not suffering the same effects as mine and soon recovers.

Have you tried reading your hubs aloud?  (joking!)  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. SmartAndFun profile image95
        SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a big fat bummer (my G-rated substitute term) that Google can do this at will. I knew in the back of my mind it could happen any day, but I guess I was hoping my articles were so sweet and innocent that they wouldn't get caught up in any Google witch hunts. Denial is not a smart to be but it is an enjoyable little vacation.

As for reading them out loud, LOL. Some of the very first ones I put up are fairly crummy. I do need to go back and beef them up. I also haven't published in a few weeks. I have two or three I've been working on simultaneously, bit by bit, and just can't seem to finish. I'm going to try to ignore all my many distractions and get them published ASAP to see if that gves me a little shot in the arm. Best of luck to both us and anyone else who needs it!

22. getpaidtopost profile image41

We need to get rid of the the username subdomains and change them to categories, google does not like sites that have uncategorised content they do like subdomain categories and thats what we need here on hubpages. without this we will keep coming back to this.

23. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

To answer the original question, right now I get 4.5 visits per hub per day.

Psycheskinner can you tell me if that is up or down over the last week? I have checked your hubs and noticed that you stick to the same category so i presume there is no change but can you clarify this. thanks

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is dead level right now with a CPM just over $6.  The last panda mauled me, this one left me alone.  No idea why.  I just keeping writing obsessively about my little niche and hoping for the best.

that is the key, stay inside your niche and if you want to change then make another account otherwise you will be penalized by google. hubpages got it wrong by making username subdomains what they should have done is made category subdomains that can be added by the publisher. without this people who do not stay on the same niche will be penalized by google thanks for your fast response psycheskinner

1. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It looks like multiple accounts will be the way to diversify then?

yes thats correct as it stands now, but hubpages can change this by letting us choose a category subdomain for each and every hub we write then it will work without multiple accounts. the only thing with this is it will take time to reflect in google so i see more bad times ahead for hubpages

1. Dorsi profile image87

My gut feeling tells me you are right. Google wants to see niche sites here and categories. Experts writing about what they know best - not stuff all over the board. This is what I am feeling too and why I unpublished most of my art and photography hubs ( I'm going to move those to my own domain where they belong anyway)

The HP contest in November actually hurt me in the long run, although I now have lots of great creative hubs (but they don't belong here)

This is a debate I've been having ever since the sub-domains were created.

It's well known that if you have a blog, it's vital to choose a niche and stick to it.  So when we moved to sub-domains - which are basically standalone - I worried that the old advantage of Hubbing (being able to write about anything and everything) would no longer apply.

Strangely, that proved not to be the case. There are Hubbers with a great variety of subjects who weren't affected by previous Panda updates and haven't been affected by this one.  Whereas someone like Randy Godwin - who has a majority of Hubs on a specific subject (RVs) have been severely affected. 

Then recently, I saw this excellent post by GreekGeek and it makes perfect sense to me:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/96873#post2068325

Honestly, if you have a large body of content on a single topic, then I can't see why you would put it on HubPages instead of your own blog.  It does take time to build traffic to a blog, but you have so much more freedom to use different monetizing methods, it stands to make more money in the long run.

1. Dorsi profile image87

BTW Marissa, I don't know if you saw the comment at my site but I wanted to say thanks again for that info about affiliates. I appreciate it.

24. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

My two cents worth, my traffic plummeted about a week ago. However it has begun to steadily rise over the past 3 days. With that said, about 97% of my articles are photography related

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.  When you say "plummet" and "steadily rise", Luis, what do you mean in terms of percentages?

25. HarperDavis profile image60
    HarperDavisposted 11 years ago

Reading on all of these issues are making me seriously reconsider being on HP. I've been here two weeks, will likely have 30 hubs in a couple days or so and have made just shy of $10. I just don't want to see my work go to waste.

26. sjwigglywoo profile image68
    sjwigglywooposted 11 years ago

I'm quite new to writing online and so I ave nothing to really compare except to other hubbers. I had 4 hubs and was lucky to get 5-10 views per day, it has picked up slightly, however I published a new hub last night and within an hour had 130 visits logged on an hour ago and it had had 540! I pinned my photo and it seems pinners have gone nuts for it, goodness knows why. I'm not going to complain though!

1. IzzyM profile image87

Congratulations, SJ! It's a lovely feeling to see some interest in your work, isn't it?

1. sjwigglywoo profile image68
        sjwigglywooposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Izzy it is amazing! i have over 20 lenses on squid n 4 hubs on here never had that many in a week let alone a day! and that's on all my work not just 1 lol

2. Dorsi profile image87

That's great. I'll have to stop by and see your hot piece of writing. Pinterest has been great for some hubs of mine too. Great way to get your work out there!
      Congrats!

27. profile image0
    SirDentposted 11 years ago

Mine has been dropping for the last two weeks or so.  Trying to wait it out but it keeps falling,  Down nearly 50% of pre-April traffic.  Went through this last year and recovered but it is not fun at all. Sometimes, I just feel like quitting.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

SirDent, Mine keeps falling too, but I am wondering if it has anything to do with the nice weather.  I checked my hubs and they still have the same placement on Google. This is why I wonder, but it doesn't give you much motivation for sure.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may be right.  I hate going through the same thing yet again.

2. Dorsi profile image87

Sorry to hear you've been hit too Sir Dent. Stick in there my friend!

28. soni2006 profile image75
    soni2006posted 11 years ago

My views are also tanking on a daily basis. I don't know where to go from here. Really confused right now. Hubpages need to take some action regarding this or all our views will go away after another google update.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)