HUB Hijacking....it isn't what it used to be!

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (75 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 14 years ago

In the last few months...even last month to be exact the mood upon Hubpages has been more than dreary. Yes, there are quite of us who are loyally committed to HP and continue producing hubs and commenting on them as well.

But the all over mood is rather depressing. Whatever happened to the fun times we all had hijacking hubs? What about the forums? It just isn't the same. We used to take over hubs all together, united as one. And it was the best!!!!

We were all online together at the same time......

and now the sad truth:

When Goldentoad is on then Pest isn't. When Blondepoet is on then I am not. When Cindyvine is on then AEvans is not.....and the list could go on forever.

I feel that our universal schedule of Hubpage time has changed in our ever changing lives and we have not been able to enjoy HP as we did before.......

This is just my thoughts on the matter....feel free to comment.

1. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're referring to months when it would appear that you've only been here for 2 weeks.

1. profile image0
        Pachuca213posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been on hubpages over 11 months Thank you very much! Its called.... I changed profiles!

1. darkside profile image64
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

2. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Honestly I always enjoy my times on Hubpages.  There are a few people who I talk to on and off the site, so for me it is always good here.

1. profile image0

I also enjoy all my time on here. What I am talking about  is when all of my good friends were all online at the same time and how much fun it was to comment on hubs at the same time and keep the conversations going and lively.... and how its different now!

3. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I see what you mean smile.

4. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

Hey JJ, perhaps you need to make some new friends! smile

5. profile image0

smile

6. KT pdx profile image68
    KT pdxposted 14 years ago

I think a lot of people probably are doing the hubchallenge, so they don't have a lot of time to read and comment, let alone do hubjacking.  I miss it, too.

7. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

Probably a sockpuppet? wink

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She has been here a long long time.

1. profile image0

thanks BP...this forum was for us ( GT, C.C. You, Me, AE, Cindy, Christoph, R.Blue, Maymong, Even B.C., Laughing Mom, KCC and others) And then all these unknown hubbers pop on here talking this and that....

1. JSwanson profile image59
          JSwansonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doesnt the forum help you to get known.  I am an unknown hubber who was very excited but almost feel like I am tresspassing after that comment.  I guess we just want to be known as well.

Jenny

2. profile image0

A sockpuppet? Well DINGDONG....let me know when you are done playing with all of your sockpuppets and maybe I can borrow one....

who said sockpuppet and what does that mean I have not heard of that expression.

1. profile image0

she was just being an smart ass since FP said I should make new friends...and Ding Dongs comment was "a sockpuppet"...so I said when she's done playing with hers then I can borrow one...

I am just being a smart ass right back..

You don't need those you have us guys grrr sock puppet indeed ROFL

1. profile image0

I know...she probably doesn't have any friends therefore she wants to start drama where there wasn't any!

2. blondepoet profile image67

I love it when you are feisty woooo hoooo it is the red hair I got no excuse for mine. It is 3.30am in morning here oh my ROFL naughty me

1. profile image0

Wow....Its 10:30 am here. Well I am so happy to talk to you on here. I am gonna head to work soon. I will email you later. Have a good night Chica!!

2. dingdong profile image57
        dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mad

How do I know if you are a long time hubber? This says your this profile is here for just 2 weeks.

Well, if you all think I'm spoiling the fun here... Hmmm, I'd simply stay away. Cheers!!!

Hi Dingdong sorry just got back. She has been here nearly a year now but she closed her old name and made a new name 2 weeks ago as she got bored with the old name. Hubbers do that a fair bit or they sometimes have more than one profile, and are actually a few different hubbers but the same person lol

1. dingdong profile image57
            dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the explanation, guess I had misunderstood while quoting Darkside's post about it smile

Lol don't worry I do it all time myself...

2. profile image0

No harm done... smile

8. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh J.J I know exactly what you mean. I have been mulling over it too. It is like esp as everything you said I have thought. Why is it I wonder? It never used to be like that. I adored the highjacking, that was the highlight of my day. Damn I miss it very much. How can we get it back???????

1. profile image0

I don't know but we should all email eachother to a time to get online so we can all look forward to being on at the same time.

9. blondepoet profile image67

Do you remember that day when we were all in the chatroom you know hahah. May kept threatening to post what we were saying and suddenly C.C walked in on it and bang he was away hahaha.I will never forget that day it was priceless

1. profile image0

yes that was hillarious!!! We had so much fun!! smile That is exactly what I miss!

10. blondepoet profile image67

LMAO we were all like wild animals,yes I have been called a wild cat before. Oh thank goodness AE was not there she would have fainted. Then there was that guy who kept coming in saying where is AE? I thought it was AE playing a trick on us herself loool

1. profile image0

I remember that was weird....

11. profile image0

I am glad you are online now...what are you up to today?

12. blondepoet profile image67

Yea half an hour away form 4.00am and my alarm is set for 6.00am, oh alas and alack.

13. blondepoet profile image67

You too Miss Angelina the tango extroidinaire hugs bye.x0

14. Barb H profile image52
    Barb Hposted 14 years ago

Hi Pachuca213
    I’m very new to hubpages and would like to know what is the meaning of the term hijacking hubs.

15. blondepoet profile image67

Hi Barb it just meant we all used to follow each other to the one hub and talk to each other in that Hubbers comment box, it certainly boosted the other Hubbers comments up and we had lots fun.

16. raiderfan profile image59
    raiderfanposted 14 years ago

yeah this whole place needs a good hubjack and an adult section so my hubs don't keep gettin banned.

ROFL too right Raider oooo nice to see you Raider I have missed you. I had a dream about you the other night. We were in a warplane, and I was eating prawns while you were chatting up the air hostesses, then suddenly we crashed, and I think we were wiped out after that haha

1. raiderfan profile image59
        raiderfanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

always good to see you too BP, my last hub had you in it but the hubpolice thought it was too adult since it had words.

Ohhhhh noooo carn the crows and shoot the cows. Darn I never got to see, it sounds like you need a secretary Raider to assist you, Miss Carrie Oakey is my name can I be of assistance?

1. raiderfan profile image59
            raiderfanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

go on vtf- I blogged about it.

1. profile image0

I know I commented...sorry RF...

2. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No wonder I can't read em.

17. blondepoet profile image67

What is VTF ohhh virtual friends when did u join there? I never saw you last time I was there woo hoo. Hang on a tic, you don't have a alter ego do you? I would laugh if you were C.C or Toady ROFL.

1. profile image0

Raider fan you just said you blogged on VFT... The cat is out of the bag..or the toad!! ha ha ha

18. R. Blue profile image61
    R. Blueposted 14 years ago

JJ...thanks for the mention....yes we have had some great times hubjacking.....endless conversations all over Hubpages following one another from hub to hub....I have comment logs to prove it.  I'm sorry I haven't been around as much....big workload....exhausted when I get home....and BP doesn't love me anymore....never talks to me.....Just Kidding BP!!!we'll have to jack a hub soon!!!!

1. profile image0

I am glad to hear from you...and yes we all need to do it again soon!

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, thanks for the mention!  I've been around.  I was busy with the hub challenge and trying to keep up with reading other hubs.  Gave thumbs up even when I didn't have time to comment.  I miss the hubjacking days too.

3. blondepoet profile image67

Oh Blue not true not true you don't talk to me ROFL

19. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

Lakers are on, so no hubjackin' tonight!

1. profile image0

OH FINE!!! LOL

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seems to me, we are here now !! Interesting very interesting I believe we have hubdar.lolololo big_smile

The lakers? Pleassseeeee no really I love the Lakers. big_smile

1. profile image0

I love the Lakers too....

20. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

ooops I seem to have stepped into a bit of a re-union thingy wink
    tippy -toes out

21. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

And in a week and a half, i'll be in a different time zone again, yippee!!!!

22. profile image0

yes yippee...ditto!

23. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Hola Chica -- I totally agree with you. It's been  quite awhile since there was an all-out hubjacking. I think the hub challenge has quite a bit to do with it. People who normally would be spending quality time commenting are instead writing hubs morning, noon and night.

I've also noticed that HP is a very dynamic place. When I joined there was a strong "bloc" of hubbers who hubbed every day. Among them, Christoph Reilly, Spryte, Shadesbreath, AEvans, Mistyhorizon, Gwendymom, Agvulpes, AJCor, Pam Roberson, Constant Walker, KCC Big Country, Countrywomen, and probably others I'm forgetting (including YOU in your old incarnation!).
    Then some new hubbers came along like Goldentoad, Lita S., BP, Cindyvine, R Blue, etc. Now these hubbers are all "fixtures" on the site and quite a few other newcomers have come and made their mark. They have become the new "core."
    People seem to naturally cycle on and off.

I have a question for ya. Do you prefer actually jacking a "hub" or do you like making long post threads on the Forums?

Yes, I think

24. blondepoet profile image67

Hey MM you looking mighty fine this morning.....you seem to have recovered from all that energy we expelled into those other wrestlers the other day.....although they used foul play we triumphed ROFL

25. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I'm still here.  smile

26. R. Blue profile image61
    R. Blueposted 14 years ago

MM...I think you hit the nail right on the thumb....I believe the hub challenge screwed with the dynamic of the entire experience of Hubpages.  My hits fell off...everyone was cranky...I didn't join the challenge....just seemed kinda stupid if you ask me.....fast food junk of writing.

I agree Blue it changed a lot of things

2. KCC Big Country profile image84

I wasn't cranky.

Lol no I was not cranky just a little frustrated

1. R. Blue profile image61
          R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hear you Deb....yeah...I miss the old good times.....things seem wierd somehow changed right now...but we can rally....right?

1. Candie V profile image63
            Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ready to rally!! Count me in!!

2. R. Blue profile image61
        R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK....so MANY were cranky.....except KCC....I stand corrected...:-)

1. KCC Big Country profile image84

That's better.....  smile

27. Mighty Mom profile image79

Why thank you, dahlink! Right back atcha! MM

28. cindyvine profile image69

One thing I've learned is that things continually evolve and nothing stays the same.  One minute there's hubjacking, then there's challenging, now it's forum hubber bashing.  Usually, things go full cycle, so I'm sure that Hubjacking will return in time.

29. Mighty Mom profile image79

You're right, of course, Cindy. We go where the action is.
    I guess if we're meant to be hanging out on the Forums debating the price of LV scarves and buggering sheep and chocolate orgasms... well, so be it!
    Then, out of the blue, someone will write a hub that pulls the whole gang over like a magnet.
    For example, we could all go over to Cindy's right now and talk about Peter Pan!

Yes let's talk about Peter Pan I would love to be Tinker Bell it is a fantasy of mine ROFL

30. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I'll be Mrs Darling, the forums are better now you have finished hub challenge, the party last week was brill

31. cindyvine profile image69

the forums exhausted me this past weekend, I think my skin wrinkled like a prune in the spa and I ate too much chocolate and drank too much champagne.

32. blondepoet profile image67

I can fly I can fly

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)