Been Banned From The HP Forum?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 11 years ago

Have you been banned from the HP forums? If so - please drop me a line with the reasons (usually insulting some one) and I plan a hub with a list of my favorite names called. lol

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, i told someone they were full of crap.

1. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love it... too bad you got banned for it.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've failed to get answers as to the reasons for my last few bans, Mark.  I simply get the picture of Maddie on a segway in a mall cop's garb saying "You've been banned for X number of days, with no forum post pointed out as to the reason like they used to.  Emails are ignored when I ask the reasons for the bans now.  But perhaps others are treated differently. 

I do know the greeters get a free ride, as I've been insulted by them with no repercussions to them at all.  There's a reason for this.  If they get banned they lose their ability to be titled the "Elite"!  lol

I did get banned for replying to a racist using nothing but the words "Soda Cracker?" one time! yikes

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have.  Been a while.  You surely remember one of those, Mark!  And another poster in this thread would recall another one.   I'm not holding grudges against the instigators, though, against you nor him nor anyone.  It's the past, and I've learned to stick up for myself.
      Just wonderin' what you're tryin' to do.....make people notoriously infamous?  haha.  I don't think you'd have very many takers on the name-dropping idea! lol
      Nice to see your sense of humor, though.  smile

4. profile image0
      mts1098posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have not been banned yet but the night is young smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I have been banned for so many times it's not even funny. However, my last ban was for 3 months because of self promotion of all things.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Self promotion of the womens hub or something right?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was banned for self promotion when I did the Womens hub a few months back.

3. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

I haven't been banned yet - but I'm usually a good boy on the forums! I probably should have been banned when having a good old shooting match with Randy one time - he has this amazing way of getting his point across really well - and frustrating someone whose trying to objectively argue! big_smile

I think that the forums get heated and a little name calling here and there is harmless - if it gets too personal then people should be banned! Rules should be the same for all though!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

Thanks, Simey!  I think.  smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Randy - yep it was a compliment - a skill of debating anything is to rile your opponent so they don't think as logically as they can!

As an Englishman in the US I'm often told that with my accent I could tell someone to go '&!*@' off and they'd do it with a smile on the face as I make it sound so nice! Sadly I cannot type with an accent!!!

HA!  smile  Thank goodness my southern drawl cannot be detected here either, Simey!smile

4. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

I was banned for posting a picture of an Uncle Sam Juggalo with the caption "I want you"

lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol 

I've never been banned, probably because I delete the post before hitting submit.
      I figure it's against a brick wall anyway.

You're pretty smart for a girl, Rebekah!  tongue

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HA, throwing a bit of bait?? big_smile

Ah, you know me well, Rebekah!  smile  I'm really a non-venomous member of the reptile species! 

1. Shanna11 profile image76
              Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't mean it won't sting when you bite! I got bit by an angry California King Snake at one of my museum shows a couple nights ago. As I was taking him around for kids to pet, one kid slapped him in the head and he bit me in response. tongue

I don't blame the snake!  You should have bit the kid yourself!  lol

1. Shanna11 profile image76
                  Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did feel a distinct urge to swat the kid. I especially instruct the kids at the beginning of each show not to even go near the snake's head when I bring it around. Normally the snakes are very sweet and docile.

It felt like I'd been pricked with four different needles, but it was the swiftness of the strike that scared me the most.

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Funny thing, I also delete the majority of my posts after posting.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

I forget how many times I've been banned.....a person named "psych skinner," used to stalk me in the forums, and then anything I'd say would be reported as hurting her poor wittle feewings.

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope I never get banned, I am not good with being punished unless it's spanking of some sort....wait no...not really.

6. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

I was banned for link dropping at some point. I have this bad habit of treating the web like it was in the 90s, a place to link and share interesting stuff one comes across! smile

7. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 11 years ago

you know, I remember being banned, and I remember it was something about forgetting a rule - maybe the "no name-calling" roole, but it might have been for misspelling "stupid shyte"  I'm not sure.  and I have no IDEA who I called a stupid name.  But I enjoyed my 3 day vacation from forum obsessing, anyhow.

It is always a good idea, if you're going to be banned, to come up with some real humdinger  (hummmdinger?)

8. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 11 years ago

I told one of the resident sockpuppets to go fuck himself and that was my one and only ban to date. I usually delete hot-headed posts instead of submitting, but what he said was vile enough that I decided it was worth getting banned to call him out for the bottom dweller he is.

Not that a sockpuppet will care, but it made me feel better.

Yep, sometimes it's worth it.  I had a believer call me a religious racist and I called him a liar.  Being from the deep south I hate being called a racist since I live among so many.  Of course, I was banned and he wasn't.  Go figure! cool

9. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 11 years ago

I've been banned twice now for things that would not be considered offensive at all in English English.
    I'm now developing a split personality, having to think in American English when posting.
    's funny, Americans can be as offensive as they like to the British as long as they post in American English!

I think this was one of the terms of peace after we won the revolution!  tongue

1. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL

10. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Gosh, there must be something wrong with me. I've never been banned.

Some people are just too nice....

hehehe.

11. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 11 years ago

I've been banned twice! LOL! I've been gone for several months now working all the time...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)