How do you handle stress?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image52
    sharcondesposted 11 years ago

My answer during job interviews when ask how I handle stress is proper time management and knowing my priorities. But most of the time, when the work load is too much, it becomes hard to stick to these two rules!

My queston is, how do you really handle stress?

1. CrescentSkies profile image63
      CrescentSkiesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Video games. Kind of weird I know but something about killing blue aliens with a chainsaw gun helps me relieve my stress (and some of my more violent urges).

2. SidKemp profile image84
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At the most basic level, we can handle stress by breathing deeply, and making a habit of never letting anything that happens interfere with our deep, relaxed breathing. Whatever our life situation and emotional condition, we can manage the physical stress that comes with it with mindful, natural breathing and a straight spine, and conscious relaxation.

3. Sage in a Cage profile image81
      Sage in a Cageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a very strange, and unproductive, tendency to get exhausted nearly to the point of involuntary sleep when I'm stressed. It's embarrassing sometimes. I think my brain evaluates a situation as highly stressful and, if I can't see a way to fix it relatively quickly, it decides hibernation is the only solution!

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
      Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As a pilot, you have to remember your priorities. Memorised and practised procedures are fantastic at getting you through stressfull situations.

If the workload is too high, simply relax and go through the procedures one by one, in order of importance.

2. Danette Watt profile image83
    Danette Wattposted 11 years ago

why not move this over to the Questions page and see what kind of response you get there. I think that would be a more appropriate place for your question. And someone might be inspired to write a hub about it.

3. MissUgly profile image61
    MissUglyposted 11 years ago

* Listen to relaxing music
    * talking to friends about your stress
    * taking herbal remedy's
    * green tea

there's lots of way each person handles stress to be honest x

4. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

As my boss often says, "We'll eat this elephant one bite at a time".  Then he goes on a rampage because we're falling behind! smile

There is truth there, though - take it one piece at a time and accept that the rest will have to wait for a while.  "Accept" being the key word.

5. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 11 years ago

While working, I try to work steadily towards a goal and do not try to accomplish milestones or complete entire projects in spurts. That causes burn out. I try to make sure that I get a lot of exercise outside of working as it helps everyone deal with stress more effectively.

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 11 years ago

I smash an entire garlic head with my chopping knife - one clove at a time... yikes

7. Arielqiao profile image60
    Arielqiaoposted 11 years ago

First, I will make clear what makes me stress. Is it because that the job is too hard to handle or is it because there are too much things need me to deal with? Then I will try my best to solve the problem. Or I will put all matters away first and do nothing. Just do anything that can relax me, such as listening to the music, playing games or going shopping,etc.Everything can be solved. I will tell myself like this.

8. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

I don't.

9. jennzie profile image72
    jennzieposted 11 years ago

I try to deal with stress by taking a nice long hot shower, writing, watching cute or funny videos on Youtube, and playing and cuddling with my pets.

10. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Cleaning, walking, xanax if im really stressed

11. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

I don't. Honestly, I NEVER get stressed during the day. Even during a stressful task. I go on autopilot, and somehow power my way through it.

However, then at night that stress comes out and I sleepwalk and relive my day sleepwalking. And that's stressful, because I'm up all night, halfway cognizant that I'm sleepwalking, and the other half is convincing me that I have to redo whatever stressed me out. It's rather strange.

12. Bedbugabscond profile image95
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

This might sound weird, but my current method of coping with stress is by reading my college psychology book. My degree will be in radiography, but we were required to take the class. More specifically, I like to read the chapter about stress and how to cope with it. As it turns out, I was never good at coping with stress. Now I am testing out all of the different coping techniques.  Somehow getting educated on stress and coping methods releases my stress!

13. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 11 years ago

I used to look at all the people who were driving me crazy and say to myself:
    "These people were put here for my entertainment!" This would change my perspective.

14. fplix profile image55
    fplixposted 11 years ago

Deep breathing.

15. profile image0
    mts1098posted 11 years ago

the deflect and filter method...deflect the stress that has to do with the past and filter the stress you cannot control

16. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 11 years ago

Watching comedy movie is effective, feel like everything is gone after a comedy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)