Need quick way to find earnings and keywords for each hub

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Okay, I'm spoiled to having on-site analytics, and I'm not used to having to use Google. i'm sure there's some quick way of doing both these things, but right now I've searched a few times and come up empty.

1) where can I find a list of all the recent-- not lifetime, but say the past 3 to 4 months -- of search queries and referrals (full url, not just domain name) sending traffic to my hubs? By matching that info to each hub, I learn what I'm writing about that people search for or share, and over time, I improve my techniques by listening to my visitors via these two signals.

Right now, it seems like I have to edit each hub and THEN view its stats, and even then, it's not giving me a complete picture of all the recent long-tail phrases (I think) nor is it giving me the full referral link that sent the traffic. Having to move offsite to Google Analytics is a pain, but If it's got that missing data ...okay. Someone got a tutorial on GA?

2) more importantly, how do we tell which individual hubs are earning ad clicks? Again, after I begin to see what kind of articles do well on a given site, I can analyze the successful ones, draw conclusions about the kinds of visitors I'm attracting (in particular, the kinds who convert), and refine my technique.

I can't seem to find a breakdown of earnings/hub anywhere... I must be blind! Please help this lost pooch figure out where the bones are buried.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this
      1. Greekgeek profile image78
        Greekgeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's the first time I've gotten a generic answer that didn't address the question from a fellow writer instead of automated tech service. Not feeling a lot of love from HP right now, lemme tell ya.

So let's try that again.

1. How can  one get a hub-by-hub breakdown of earnings, so I can see which hubs are earning? (if you're only going to answer ONE question, please answer this one, since this is what I really, really, really need to know.)

2. Less key, since I can probably figure it out eventually, although right now it's not working properly: how can I get Google Analytics to show me the full list of search queries for each hub, instead of the whole blasted subdomain?

I'm sure some hubber out there has written tutorials on both these topics. Please, get some free traffic by pointing me to said tutorials!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If we're talking the HP Ads program, that earns by impressions, so wouldn't earnings be directly related to views?

I wish I could help.  I could do that on the old Analytics but I'm totally lost on the new one.

2. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 11 years agoin reply to this

For 1. Click content >> adsense >> adsense pages

Of course this is only for adsense earnings. There's no way to know exactly which hubs are earning what from HPads (unfortunately!).

For 2. Click content >> pages >> choose a page from the list >> click secondary dimension >> traffic sources >> keyword

2. Dale Hyde profile image82
        Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I started to comment, but must restrain myself, lol. Don't want to be banned!

2. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 11 years ago

Wow relache

That is the first time I have ever clicked a link and it typed into the search engine.  I also checked out the tutorial but it seemed it was for the old interface.

I am not so interested in my traffic.  I am trying to find out which articles are earning.

Thanks relache for finding the tutorials for the new interface.

3. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

It's taking me a bit to get a handle on the new interface too tongue they should've just transferred our existing settings to the new interface then there probably wouldn't be such a feeling of - disarray? anyways, I managed to click around and found the 'adsense' box thingy and add it to my dashboard. It can still show you keywords, referrals and clicks. It's just a matter of navigating around and it's a royal pain hmm that's all I can offer, hope it helps sad

4. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

Marisa -- I'm glad I'm not the only one still getting my feet under myself with Analytics' new interface! I know I can figure it out, but I've got other stuff to do. Lazy person is lazy.

And yeah, I guess I should just assume views = impressions, but I'm still a little fuzzy about how much HPads are paying for impressions, how much for clicks. If clicks pay better, then we need to focus on conversions and targeted traffic: not all visitors are inclined to click on ads. If it's just impressions, then traffic is enough.

Susana: Adsense is fine, but as you say, it doesn't tell us what hubs are earning the most from HPAds. I'm surprised we're not privy to that information. However, thank you very much for pointing me down into the guts of Adsense. Right now, I've evidently got it set up wrong, and it's not drilling down to individual URLs properly, but your tip shows what should be working.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)