HubPages Ad Program Processing Delays

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (39 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6605410.png
    This time it is taking a long time. There is HubPages Ad Program reports from 8th May are till unavailable. Can anybody tell the reason?

1. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I was wondering too.  I hope the staff can respond to the thread and let us know what is the delay. 
      I would like to check on earnings with the new recipe layout...Perhaps that is the delay.

Hubpages?

2. amithak50 profile image61
    amithak50posted 11 years ago

Yeah ..me too

3. ssaffery profile image80
    ssafferyposted 11 years ago

Could be another Panda algorithm in its early stages that is affecting the Ad Program delay.

1. profile image0

Ugh.  Make up your mind already Google.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I don't see how changes in traffic would effect the ability to count that traffic and calculate earnings. Panda is not responsible for *everything*.

It would be nice to know what is going on.

5. nakmeister profile image66
    nakmeisterposted 11 years ago

Has there ever been a delay this long? The thing that's worrying me the most is that there's been hardly any communication from hubpages staff. You'd think if you hadn't updated earnings for nearly a week that people would start to get concerned, stop publishing hubs, start concentrating their writing elsewhere etc. Hubpages would want to stop this, so would post regular updates to reassure people that there wasn't anything majorly wrong. Unless there really was something badly wrong...

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's not unusual to have delays lasting over a weekend but I don't remember there ever being one that was a week long.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have to say I am getting really concerned too. This is the longest it has ever been, and apart from a vague comment from Jason the other day about occasional technical problems or delayed information from advertising partners as usually being the cause of such delays, there has been no further communication from staff on the subject, or any specific information as to what the problem actually is. Does make you wonder if your last sentence is correct. I just have a vision of an empty HP office with tumbleweeds blowing around it and us lot all merrily sitting here waiting for our income to update.

1. MarleneB profile image91
        MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ha! mistyhorizon2003, I laugh because you paint the exact picture I had in my head. I just started wondering if there even was a staff anymore. I started wondering if the next news report would be a report that the HubPages office was abandoned in the twilight hours. At least, that's how it was in my former industry (real estate). Offices were closing left and right with no formal announcement. My  mind just started wandering. And, yes, I did start visualizing boarded up windows and doors with tumbleweeds blowing around the place. smile

1. teaches12345 profile image78
          teaches12345posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now I am thinking this over, Marlene. Yikes! Let's hope this isn't a factor on ths processing.  It has been some time since it was updated but I imagine with the growth of HP and changes, some things will take time to update.  It's actually a good sign of growth.

I know you are right about growth, teaches12345, the changes HubPages is initiating are good changes. They seem to have a handle on the best ways to help us. But, when I don't know what's going on, my mind tends to create scenarios of what might be happening whenever there is a void in communication. But HP seems to be communicating now, so my overactive mind is settling down.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I guess we think the same way then smile

3. Angie Jardine profile image69
      Angie Jardineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nakmeister ... I've posted a thread  a couple of hours ago asking why there is this deathly silence from HP staff ... my theory is everything is breaking up due to the Penguin rampage. It could have had unforeseen repercussions ...

But then, what do I know?

1. Angie Jardine profile image69
        Angie Jardineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But I have also stopped hubbing until I see what transpires ...

6. thejeffriestube profile image60
    thejeffriestubeposted 11 years ago

All I can say is give me my $0.40! :-)

7. unknown spy profile image43
    unknown spyposted 11 years ago

yahuuu!! way to go thejeffriestube!

8. zanaworld profile image58
    zanaworldposted 11 years ago

It is longest delay.  I think, by now HubPages staff might have read this forum as well.  They should respond and when the issue is going to be resolved.

9. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 11 years ago

Sorry about the delay, folks. As I explained last week, delays happen whenever we have a technical issue on our end (rare, but it happens) or when we have an issue getting data from our ad partners (more often). You might not know how much you earned over the past few days, but you have, and the earnings will be accrued well before you're actually paid out. Thank you for your patience!

1. profile image0

Sorry to harp on the subject, but do you have an idea when the earnings will be updated?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
        Jason Menayanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No I don't. We are working on it. Can you share what your specific fear is about the delay?

1. lrohner profile image67
          lrohnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't speak for Jenubouka, obviously, but I do understand why some are asking the question. The site has just been Pandalized (yet again) and Penguinated and you're testing out new hub layouts that appear to cut back on the number of ads and/or change their placement. (Don't really know...haven't paid attention.) On the back of those things, earnings haven't shown up for almost a week, and the HP staff has given no concrete explanation.

Can you share why you would have to ask why some hubbers might have concerns?

2. profile image0

Along the lines with Irohner (reasons)

The big change with the recipe hubs and then another update with Google.  Just trying to figure out if the new design is a success or not and this has been the longest delay I have seen for hub ads program. 

I know it will all work out. Just a heads up would of been nice for the longer delay of earnings.  Thanks for replying Jason

Unfortunately, when we're waiting - either for a fix on our end, or for even one of our ad partners to send over reporting data - we don't have much more to share other than to say "we're working on it." I'm sorry if this seems reticent, but we typically only notify people once there's something new.

Remember that you're still earning money - just because the reporting data isn't there doesn't mean you're not earning - but we don't report the data until it's been totaled and verified on our end.

10. wymyczak66 profile image86
    wymyczak66posted 11 years ago

I officially have $0 processing on every day since wed. Boo. I was already bummed about my earnings dropping from the death of my traffic after Easter, now this is just sad lol. I'm starting to lose hope.

11. JohnGreasyGamer profile image77
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 11 years ago

@Jason Menayan - I don't think it's so much as a fear as an inconvinience. All jainismus is asking is "why" the payments are being delayed. It's not as if he desperately needs the money, as far as I can tell.

We apologize for that inconvenience. We are working on it. smile

12. kgarcia1113 profile image60
    kgarcia1113posted 11 years ago

I saw a nice spike in views over a few of the days that are pending and was excited to see how the difference would effect my earnings. And yet here it is day 7 with 5 days pending still and last Tuesday is still *'ed.  My concern is that the earnings are down for even longer or simply wont come back at all.  And by the way it's looking it isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

13. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Jason can't tell you, but I happen to know that Google released a change last week called the Skunk.  Instead of screwing people with algorithm changes it is a new tactic.  The little creature burrows into people's accounts and borrows their money.

Don't despair though!  An online campaign has been set up and Google have said "they will look into it fairly seriously at some point".

In order to combat the Skunk all you need to is type "Skunk Off" after your main keyword phrase.

If you follow me for more SEO tips you need your heads examining

Here's a picture of a Skunk or more accurately I suppose... a fish.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6606481_f248.jpg

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
      thejeffriestubeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mark, I was drinking coffee. Now I need to buy a new monitor. LOL

14. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 11 years ago

It is probably due to all the fuss people have had with hub pages and this Google Pengiun lark. Well, perhaps not all of it, but what if HP is trying to figure a way around the whole problem. I think waiting a few days for ad program processes is acceptable if this is the case.

15. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 11 years ago

Weds & Thurs data has been processed and verified. We're working on the other days. smile

(Just a note that none of this has anything to do with any Google Search algorithm updates. If you want to read something from our staff on those, you can check out Paul Edmondson's latest Hubs.)

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
      thejeffriestubeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Jason, Just wanted to say thanks for the update, and hope your Monday is going well. I'm sorry I have nothing negative to say, but I'm sure you and the team get enough of that already. Stay the course!

2. MarleneB profile image91

Thank you, Jason. This helps. I can breathe again, knowing all is well at the home front.  Keep us posted.

16. michifus profile image57
    michifusposted 11 years ago

I don't see why this should make anyone stop working. Your 40 cents a day is safe, and if that is all you are earning, its about time you started putting all of your worrying time to better use.

Chill out and relax, or work harder. smile

17. Hypersapien profile image43
    Hypersapienposted 11 years ago

I've been pretty pleased with the Ad Program.  A slight delay in getting the actual figures doesn't bother me, and I haven't really thought about the why, but I can understand there being concern.  Personally, I probably wouldn't get concerned unless it happened towards the end of the month - but only because it would delay my ability to update some of my hubs.  (I've got a couple of hubs comparing my earnings here to other revenue-sharing sites.)

I actually have a chart that my husband created to track my earnings. Each day, I enter the numbers. The chart has some kind of formula that somehow magically tracks my projected income out to infinity. It's just a  fun little thing that I do. So, when I enter the numbers into the chart and see that I am exceeding my personal "trend", I just get a daily bit of joy that I publish with HubPages. I don't get that anywhere else. I know HubPages is working hard on our behalf.  Really, it's not going to kill me to not have the daily updates. In fact, it's just a little thing that I do every day for inner motivation and confirmation that HubPages is the place to be a content writer, and now that the reports are not updated on a daily basis, I don't get my daily tickle. But, that's not HubPages fault. And, like you, I am also very pleased with the Ad Program.

18. kgarcia1113 profile image60
    kgarcia1113posted 11 years ago

oh yeah, progress! Awesome!

19. LucidDreams profile image64
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

Atleast staff is replying.....That alone is something positive this month to hold on to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)