Missing Child Alert. - Dallas, Texas

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

This is a for a friend of a personal friend of mine - this 16 year old child went missing today

"ATTENTION, EVERYONE: Celina has run away. She has been missing since yesterday morning. If anyone has any information, please call us at 214-887-1745 or the Dallas Police Department."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6611996_f248.jpg

Thanks in advance.

1. Angela Blair profile image68
      Angela Blairposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have no information Wes, but my prayers are headin' up and away. What a beautiful child.

Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!!!

Just attempting to spread info here - it would be, I think, the wrong thing to do to ignore this....so we do what we can hmm

2. ISeeAll profile image61
      ISeeAllposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Being a father to 5 kids I know how scarey this may be. My prayers are with you and the family. I do hope your kid is found.

Hey thanks!!!

The kiddo isn't someone I know - but of course that doesn't matter at all, she's someone's loved child.

2. Perry the Cat profile image60
    Perry the Catposted 11 years ago

Wes,

Please post information on her, other photographs, the place she disappeared from, age, hair/eyes/height/weight and link to the national center for missing and exploited children.  If her parents have not put her on that site, they need to do so immediately.  Also, if they haven't contacted the police (I'm sure they have), they should do so. 

The Center (NCMEC) has a tremendous amount of information on how to start looking for your child.  It's important to start immediately.  The link is:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/ … ntry=en_US

or you can google national center for missing and exploited children.

Good luck, I hope she comes home soon.

Kate

Well I know the kid is 16 years old, but this is today's deal, so that is all I know just yet.

I don't know the family - but a friend of the family knew that I didn't live far away, and asked me to help.

When I get more info, I'll put it here smile

3. tom hellert profile image60
    tom hellertposted 11 years ago

Dude that sux....I think about that situation all to often if my boys are late...My daughter is already lost in plain sight...I pray your buddy finds her healthy and alive Good luck to him Ill say a prayer now....
    TH

Thanks Tom!!!!  I'm probably only alive because I don't have kids....I dunnow how parents handle it!

4. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

Of course I can't do anything physical from the other side of the ocean but I can pray and offer my thoughts up to God for her safe return. Hope she's alright.

5. christopheranton profile image64
    christopherantonposted 11 years ago

Please God that she turns up safe and well soon. Most runaway kids do after a day or two.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82

Thanks very much Chris and Rosa Lee!!!  I'm a huge adherent to prayer!

7. alancaster149 profile image75
    alancaster149posted 11 years ago

There are too many possibilities as to WHY, but kids leaving home doesn't seem to diminish as time passes.
    Is there stress involved, like arguments going on in the same vein (boyfriend not suitable, playing loud music, clothes or outfits considered too outre)?
    Are the parents smothering (lack of privacy,lack of freedom, overly controlling)?
    Is there any abuse in the family that no-one's happy to talk about for fear of repercussions or getting a family member/family friend into trouble?
    You could go on forever - unless the reason IS known and someone's tight-lipped about the matter. Not wishing to cast aspersions (hey, that's a big word, Lanky!), but they're all questions the law/social services would ask and any hesitancy in answering would be pounced on not only by authorities but the media!
    It happens all the time here, and the press has a field day with it each time around, and guess where it leads?
    Hope it resolves itself before it gets that far!

Alan - all true!!!

My thoughts are that governments want control of children out of the hands of parents, and in the filthy hands of oligarchy.

1. alancaster149 profile image75
        alancaster149posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't know so much about government wanting control - if anything they'd sooner be out of it (here anyway), but there are enough meddlers and social workers who can't let go at the wrong time, because by their training they're mostly inept and shallow-minded, and the police are too worried about giving out the wrong signals (political correctness); that's where paedophiles, other sexual exploiters and child abusers get their 'wedge' in

I can't recall the name, but one of the most prolific abusers....from one of our two countries - had been the head of an institution for abused or delinquent children....too many unknowns in this comment, it's bothering me.

8. feenix profile image58
    feenixposted 11 years ago

Wesman, you are a good man with a big heart. And I am praying for the young lady and her family.

Thanks Sir!!!

I'd not be able to sleep without doing this little bit, I'm not too sure what else I could do....'cept some prayer.

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82

This child is found and at home, folks - thanks.

10. libby1970 profile image69
    libby1970posted 11 years ago

I'm glad this child is safe at home now!

11. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

Let's praise the Lord and thank Him that this all worked out fine and it was a happy ending.

1. christopheranton profile image64
      christopherantonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is great news Wesman. God is good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)