Weekly Topic Inspiration: Insurance Advice

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (82 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Like it or not, we all have to deal with insurance (or a lack thereof) at some point or another. What have you learned about selecting, using, going with or without, and switching various types of insurance? Consider sharing the lessons you have learned with the world at large.

I’ve done some keyword research on this (high revenue) subject and discovered that, while competition for some keywords is really high, there are some niches (many of which are reflected in the titles below) in which you have a real shot at seeing success.

Even though insurance might not be your favorite subject, I hope you’ll join us in writing about it this week!

Not sure which insurance issue to address? Looking for a search-friendly title? Make use of this handy-dandy collection I’ve made!
    Car Insurance Advice
    Where to Find Free Insurance Quotes Online
    Best Pet Insurance for Dogs
    What is the Best Pet Insurance?
    What is the Best Insurance Company?
    Small Business Insurance 101
    Life Insurance Quotes Online
    How Much Does Life Insurance Cost?
    Cost of Life Insurance: What to Expect
    Business Car Insurance 101
    Major Insurance Company Ratings
    Insurance for Small Businesses: When is it necessary?
    Car Insurance Quotes Online: The Best Resources
    Insurance Information You Should Always Carry With You
    Auto Insurance Rates: What to Expect
    Business Insurance Cost: What to Expect
    How Much Does Business Liability Insurance Cost?
    Health Insurance for Small Businesses
    Small Business Group Health Insurance
    Commercial Liability Insurance 101
    How to Find Good Commercial Insurance Brokers
    Commercial General Liability Insurance: The Basics
    How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost?

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

1. Kaili Bisson profile image96
      Kaili Bissonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone, I'm working on a Hub entitled "Should I Buy Pet Insurance? I went through this myself last year, so it is still fresh in my memory  :-)

1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
        HubPagesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic! I was hoping someone would write on that subject. I've really wanted to lean more about it.

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Quite the good Hub! I didn't know anything about even costs of basic procedures for pets, so it was good to know just WHY one would want pet insurance in the first place. I also like how you included info on lifetime costs- it enables one to see the big picture and make better long-term choices.

Also- sorry for posting from HubPages' account there! I was updating some LC entries and forgot to log out...

2. MarleneB profile image91
        MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You put a lot into this hub. Great "need to know" information about pet insurance.

2. angela_michelle profile image93
      angela_michelleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://angela-michelle.hubpages.com/t/307375

I wrote about Pet Insurance for your dog, because I have a new puppy, and I have been debating whether we should get that. This gave me an opportunity to check out the cost, the plans, and really helped me make my decision.

Angela this is a great Hub. The one I wrote is more "should I/shouldn't I". You have provided a comparison of different plans and companies, which makes it easy for someone to do their own shopping. Mind if I link to your Hub?

1. angela_michelle profile image93

Of course not, I will recipricate. (How do you spell recipricate?)

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image81
            EuroCafeAuLaitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

reciprocate

haha, thanks!

2. Kaili Bisson profile image96

Hi Angela...sorry it took me so long but I have now linked to your fabulous Hub :-)

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

2. Simone Smith profile image86

This is great- your comparison of the major options in that table, complete with monthly costs and phone numbers, is especially useful!

3. MarleneB profile image91

I love the level of research you put into this. The way you presented the informatin makes it easy for someone to jot down the information and make the call.

Thank you. I was shooting for that.

4. dainy665dane profile image60
        dainy665daneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I voted for your hub angela. It was a very nice and informative post about pet insurance.

Thank you so much!

Well, I started writing the hub titled Small Business Insurance 101 and discovered that there was so much basic information involved that I had to split the hub in two. So, this week I have Small Business Insurance 101: Basic Information for Your Small Business and Small Business Insurance 102: Finding Buying and Managing Small Business Insurance.

Here are the links:
      101 -  http://marleneb.hubpages.com/t/306d28
      102 - http://marleneb.hubpages.com/t/307cf7

Well, as a currently self-employed person, I need to read these both.

1. MarleneB profile image91

Get out the cup of coffee, sit back and stay a while. Both hubs are really long. I probably could have made four hubs out of this one subject. There is so much to know about small business insurance. I only covered the topic from my perspective and what I had to consider as a small corporation. There are tons more that can be written, but I just wanted to cover the basics here.

4. tammyswallow profile image91
      tammyswallowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone! I am going to do a hub for this topic entitled, "What is Legal Insurance and Do I Need It."

1. tammyswallow profile image91

Hi tammyswallow, your hub is a must read for people who want to see interesting types of insurance policies. What a list!

1. tammyswallow profile image91

Thanks MarleneB!

5. Judy Mac profile image60
      Judy Macposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a new hub, the first chapter of a book I'm writing titled (for now) "Property Insurance for those to Whom It's a Mystery".  Meanwhile, can anyone tell me how to contact Google Adsense through HubPages? A link showed up on the bottom of my hub at one time, I followed it and they told me they couldn't sign me up because my profile wasn't finished. I finished my profile, but can't find that link.

6. TDAPharm profile image68
      TDAPharmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had just made a Hub about pharmacy processes for filling prescriptions. What is humourous is that insurance is huge (for anyone thats ever been told that their co-pay is higher than expected or medication not covered will know). I put some advice on how to help yourself in it. If you would like a Hub dedicated towards insurance issues in pharmacy let me know!

http://tdapharm.hubpages.com/hub/How-ar … a-Pharmacy

2. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Hey Simone--I left you a message on last week's WTI about car maintenance...still working on THAT one, but I'm pleased...it's going to be awesome!  smile   

See you later.

Oh, fabulous! We've seen SUCH useful guides coming from that theme! Can't wait to see the finished Hub.

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
        Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

YaY! it is finished and was posted yesterday.  I'm pretty proud of it and am grateful for the 'expert' advice I received from my mechanic. lol

3. cclitgirl profile image93
    cclitgirlposted 11 years ago

Oooh, I think I have a good one regarding insurance for cars.  Heehe.  Yes!

1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
      HubPagesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sweet!!! Can't wait to read it. big_smile

4. shuck72 profile image78
    shuck72posted 11 years ago

First time writing on the weekly topic so not sure I am following the correct protocol.

At any rate, here is what I came up with, I was trying to be somewhat informational but mostly humorous.

http://shuck72.hubpages.com/hub/Car-Insurance-Advice1

Good one.  Enjoyed reading it smile

2. Kaili Bisson profile image96

well done!

3. Simone Smith profile image86

Yay! So glad to see you joining in on the WTI fun, shuck72! Absolutely loved the Hub- it's fun, useful, practical, and down to earth.

4. MarleneB profile image91

You put the fun in funny. I may have been chuckling while reading your hub, but I also learned a thing or two about car insurance. Great hub.

5. profile image0
      mjkearnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Shuck72,
      If you're fun, funny and up for a laugh, then you just aced the protocol. I only crashed here meself last week. ha ha he he. You tried to be humorous, I'm sorry, you failed. You were hilarious!!!!!!! You owe me new sides as mine have split. Love the way you write and had to link to you from my efforts. Look forward to more,
      MJ.

5. dainy665dane profile image60
    dainy665daneposted 11 years ago

Some people have queries about car insurance and I wrote a topic regarding what auto insurance and some tips inside.

I think one of my latest article

http://dainy665dane.hubpages.com/hub/ch … rance-tips

hits "Car Insurance Advice" category too. smile

Glad to see you added your knowledge here.  smile

1. dainy665dane profile image60

Hey Denise!! Yes, I'm happy that I made my way inside the forums big_smile

Thnaks for the Hub, dainy665dane! I don't own a car and therefore don't know a thing about car insurance, so I learned a bunch from the overview.

Hi Simone, I'm glad that my hub helped you learn something about car insurance. :-)

Very good hub. The way you present the information makes it easy for readers to understand about car insurance.

Thank you Marlene. :-)
        I was inspired by your comment. I enjoyed reading your hubs too!

6. Radikum profile image60
    Radikumposted 11 years ago

I posted this info I had about Life Insurance. Hope it helps. Great forum by the way!
    http://radikum.hubpages.com/hub/Life-In … -and-Donts

Nice hub with explanations of the most valuable terms people must consider when looking at life insurance.

Excellent hub, Radikum

This is such a useful Hub! I really appreciate the level-headed overview you've provided.

Might I recommend using one of the titles I had suggested?

How Much Does Life Insurance Cost?
      Cost of Life Insurance: What to Expect

If you add a text capsule on costs, they'll work just fine, plus the Hub will be more likely to be found in search engine results.

7. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

I've not written a specific article from the topic's Q&A post, because I've already written (about a year ago) 3 articles on the insurance industry as part of my "Corporate Greed" series.

Here they are, if anyone is interested:

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Corp … nce-Racket

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Corporate-Greed-3

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Corp … cket-Pt-2b

These articles detail the assorted con games, rip-offs, dirty tricks and false advertising of which the industry at large is guilty.

Thanks for sharing, DzyMsLizzy!

Great series here, Lizzy-will read more thoroughly in the next couple of days.

8. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

No one wants to think about death because we are much too interested in life.  But Death happens!  Have you ever thought about who will take care of your funeral arrangements once you are gone?  Burial insurance allows your family and friends to carry out your final wishes.  By putting away funds for your needed burial expenses and choosing the right insurance plan, your family will not be burdened with costs and the stress of funeral planning. Here are some tips to get you thinking.

http://arlenevpoma.hubpages.com/hub/Bur … -to-Expect

I don't have a penny saved for burial expenses. Your hub has made me realize how selfish I am by not considering the financial burden I am placing on my family by dying without burial insurance. Thanks Arlene!

1. Judy Mac profile image60

Hi, MarleneB.  I enjoy your posts and will get around to reading your Hubs. Forums are a great way to get to know fellow Hubbers.
        I can tell you didn't grow up poor.  When I was a child, although we barely had enough money to buy shoes, my parents paid weekly on burial insurance.  We had a man who came around weekly to collect. We were'nt the only ones, either.  Mr. Higgins stopped at almost every house. It's really interesting the choices people make.  I want to be cremated - still less than $1,000 around Atlanta.

Death totally DOES happen! I hadn't heard of burial insurance before. Fascinating!

3. Denise Handlon profile image85

Great angle on insurance Arlene.

9. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Well, join the club, Marlene!  You certainly aren't being selfish because none of us want to face or even think of death.  I hate buying insurance, anyway.  It's like rolling the dice on whether you're going to use it or not.  Through my retirement, I have about $800 to bury me.  But no matter how much you cut costs, the burial costs are always going up.  Plus, due to modern medicine, we are living longer.  I am not afraid of dying.  I just don't want to leave anyone in debt because of my lack of planning.  I was told by my insurance agent that people easily go in debt by having to pay for weddings or funerals.

Good point, Arlene.

10. JPhillipi profile image55
    JPhillipiposted 11 years ago

This article is about automobile liability insurance. It explains the different states requirements and gives some good ideas on how to find cheap insurance.

http://jphillipi.hubpages.com/hub/gener … e-for-cars

The table you included makes for a great reference tool! Thanks for the helpful introduction. big_smile

2. MarleneB profile image91

I like the comparison chart a lot and your explanations helped me gain a full understanding of the concept of liability insurance.

11. CyberShelley profile image78
    CyberShelleyposted 11 years ago

I love the weekly Topic Inspirations.  I wrote about Business Liability Insurance, as I feel it is very important to protect yourself against the unexpected.  Here is the link (I hope I have done this correctly and not broken any rules)
    http://cybershelley.hubpages.com/hub/LI … INESS?done

Excellent job on your hub. Your examples are quite helpful in showing people what they can do to help reduce mishaps.

2. Judy Mac profile image60

Hi, CyberShelley.  I, too, love the weekly topic inspirations; at least this one during the one week I've been active!  I have not read your Hub yet,  I am slowly working my way through all the ones mentioned on this thread.  I'll comment there afterr reading your hub.

Yay, I'm so glad you're a WTI fan, CyberShelley!
      You've created a great overview of a bunch of different types of liability insurance to consider. Yeesh, there are so many!

12. K9keystrokes profile image82
    K9keystrokesposted 11 years ago

A few Long-Term Care Insurance Tips
    http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/30867c
    Happy Hubbing! smile

Great hub with wonderful resources to point us in the right direction.

Hi K9-good to see your contribution here.  I was wondering if someone was going to hit this side of insurance.

Geez, I had never even heard of long-term insurance before. I'm learning so much from this theme!

13. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 11 years ago

Hi everyone! I just published my hub in this topic! As a former insurance agent I think it's important to assess insurance company ratings and Comdex Scores. Here is what I wrote on the subject of "What is the Best Insurance Company?" http://kelleyward.hubpages.com/_3u47dtk … ny-Ratings

Wow! You covered a lot. It's one more thing we can do to protect ourselves when hiring an insurance company.

2. Judy Mac profile image60

Kelleyward, I just posted on your new Hub after taking the time to read it carefully, not just scan it.  I'm so impressed!  The info is great and the presentation is excellent.

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks MarleneB and Judy Mac for reading this hub! I glad you found it helpful!

This is a SUPER useful answer to that question. Better than just saying "It is X," it really helps to empower people to make the best decision based on their unique needs.

14. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 11 years ago

Hi all,

Yep, back again. Went a little mad last week so I will slow it down this week, just a little mind.

I am easy to get rid of, just pick anything not related to vehicles and I'm gone or just say, "Yo MJ, go away". My partner has taught me well and she deserves more than medals.

Absolutely loved Shuck72's hub, a must read for all. Still falling over meself and I've watched the video six times now. Neons, BMW's and Trees, great combination. Well what can I say, I'm a Jaguar fan.

Oops already published hubs, forgot this bit, ah well,

MJ.

15. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 11 years ago

Back again,

I'll get the hang of this yet and put things in their right place, honest. Ok another couple of offerings,

Why do we need Auto Isurance?
    http://mjkearn.hubpages.com/hub/why-do- … -insurance

and

Auto Isurance: A True Story and No Happy Ending!
    http://mjkearn.hubpages.com/hub/auto-in … ppy-ending

Can't think who the guy in the first pic of "A True Story" is, maybe he wanted an auditon for that TV show CHiPs,

MJ.

Interesting hubs.  smile

Wow MJ, you sure have had some intense experiences with insurance!

16. teyeger82 profile image62
    teyeger82posted 11 years ago

If you need to learn more about commercial liability insurance check out the following hub by teyeger82....
    The Basics of Commercial General Liability Insurance

17. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Thanks for the fabulous insurance tips, everyone! Today's theme is home appliances. I hope you'll stop by and share your tips on air conditioners, lawn mowers, hot water heaters, and more!

18. cclitgirl profile image93
    cclitgirlposted 11 years ago

All right-y - mine's a little late in being published, but here goes.  smile
    http://cclitgirl.hubpages.com/_39zesnd5 … y-car?done

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)