Newcastle United - Back In Europe?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)
  1. charmike4 profile image67
    charmike4posted 12 years ago

When Newcastle in 6th position in the EPL how many amoung us think that they can hold on to play again in Europe.

As we are in the final weeks of the League it appears that Man U will take out the Premiership again followed by Man City, Arsenal or Spurs with Chelsa or Newcastle in 5th or 6th. What's your predictions?

1. JKenny profile image89
      JKennyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, Newcastle have just beaten Swansea, to move up to fifth. They could definitely get a Champions League spot, I'd love for them to do it, after all of the problems they've had over the last few years.

I reckon Man Utd will win the league, City second, Arsenal third, Spurs fourth, Newcastle fifth then Chelsea.

charmike4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It wasn't a pretty game (I just watched a replay) for Newcastle but Swansea just couldn't find a way to score after dominating possession. Cisse two opportunitisic goals were the difference. Let's hop you are right JKenny & the Toon grab a Champions League spot (but Europa League would be OK as well).

1. JBastow profile image77
          JBastowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have said from the start of the season that Newcastle will finish top four and I am still strongly supporting that statement. I believe that firstly we must get a win tomorrow at home against Bolton and also a win against Chelsea is crucial. If we manage to beat Chelsea i don't see why we cannot push for fourth because i don't believe that Spurs are as strong now as they were at the start of the year. In Newcastle's last six games we have picked up 13points and Spurs have only picked up 6points which is very poor for a team of their standard. As long as Newcastle beat Chelsea and keep picking up points i can definitely see us pinching that fourth spot.     
                       Keep believing!

JBastowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PS - You're a follower of the Toon so ill definitely bee clicking the follow button!

charmike4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks JBastow, yes I'm a toon fan as well. I mainly watch from Afar being in Australia but am planning a UK trip in late 2013 so am hoping to see a few Newcastle games and a stack of Newcastle Brown. Will follow you as well!

2. tom_caton profile image79
        tom_catonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

almost right! it did seem a safe enough bet for a while

charmike4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Europa league football is a start for Newcastle, let's hope for a long campaign.

JBastowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To be successful (which I hope we are), Newcastle are going to have to bring allot of new players in to increase the size of our squad because it is very likely that we will get lots of injuries with the sheer amount of midweek games we will have. I also hint that we need to buy some central defenders because if captain collo gets injured or Steven taylor does, we will seriously leak goals at the back as in my opinion Williamson is too much of a reliability at the back. On a brighter note we've got marveaux to play next season and allot of the youngsters are coming back from their loan spells so this should help increase the squads depth.

JBastowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

An example of a team that struggled because of the amount of games would be stoke city last season.

charmike4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you - Stoke were great last year but lack depth this year to play so many games. Let's hope the boss open's the cheque book!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)