Gays Falling inlove to women?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Melbourne31 profile image60
    Melbourne31posted 11 years ago

Gays falling in love to women? How possible is that?

I have a gay friend and he confessed that he is falling in love with me. that's ironic. What do you think about it?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean a gay man is falling in love with a woman?   You haven't given much information, but apparently it indicates that sexuality is a choice, and he's finally learning to make the right choice.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Or just that he is bi.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean greedy?   Could be.

No, i meant bisexual. Not republican.

Melbourne31posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Janesix,

I do not know. We've been friends for 8 years and I was just shocked when he suddenly told me about that. It's really ironic. Now he is busy sending me flowers, etc... Gosh!

Well, honey, either you like him or you dont.

I am comfortable when I am with him. that's all. Do you think, he'll change if I will accept his offer?

Change how?

2. tohimilook profile image60
                    tohimilookposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your friend might have come to the conclusion that gay sex is not so cool.   He is probably having second thoughts.  God might be convicting him of those desires and allowing him to see that it is good to be with people of the opposite sex.  What you must understand also is that he could probably have sexual feelings for both (bisexual).  For the time being I would just be a good friend to him.  Play it safe.  Don't throw caution to the wind.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
                  psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1.

Words describe what people are, not make them what they are.  And people change.  Apparently he's bi.

2. Melbourne31 profile image60

Brenda,

maybe, he is trying to make a right choice. But I still have doubts.  I don't want to destroy our friendship.

2. Mmargie1966 profile image83
      Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love is love.  Lust is a completely different topic.  However, love is love and whether it involves man with man, woman with woman, or man with woman, it is what it is.

Just sayin'

3. noenhulk profile image59
      noenhulkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He is  a bisexual.  I have gay friends who falls in love with women and have children but still they choose to be gay. Anyway, what;s wrong with gay falling in love with a woman? Not all gay in love with women became straight.

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Have you waited 3 weeks to tell us this?  yikes

What do YOUR Outdoor Survival Skills tell you to do in situations like this?
    What difference does someone's sexual preference have to do with a Bear's Taste? sad

At least he finally told us. Otherwise, we may have never known.

2. Melbourne31 profile image60

Hi pearldiver,

Yes, my question indeed has  nothing to do with my hub article. Why? is it  a requirement to post questions in the forum that is related to your hub? I understand that. You are right.

I waited weeks before I decided to post this question in the forum. The question suddenly appear in my mind and I did not hesitate to post it here in the forums. I actually read a lot of hubs related to this. Look, I'm facing a serious problem here and I do not know what to do. I am hoping that somebody could give me a good advice. Thanks.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Melbourne, you have to figure out how you feel. You have known this person for 8 years, do you think they are being sincere? You have to decide if this is what you want and if you want to give this a chance.

Personally, I would be confused too. I have a gay friend but I know he is bisexual and he has made passes at me but I never take him seriously. On the other hand I find my gay friends to be really honest and caring, more so than my heterosexual friends so if one of them falls for me I would not ignore it.

Open up to him and tell him how you feel. Talk it through and ask all the questions that are on your mind. Tell him how confused you are and ask him what changed or what made him want to be with you.

It could be that he was confused about his sexuality before and that he was experimenting with his feelings of attraction to the same sex. Then he  fell for you. It could also be that he was bisexual all along and now you are his current love. We here on HP cannot give you definitive answers, that you have to figure out.

Oh, and ignore the criticisms.

1. Gerg profile image77
          Gergposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa's response is excellent and really the only useful advice here.  This isn't really about what he is or isn't.  It's about what you want and feel.  And that's internal, not external (HP).  I recommend some time alone to reflect, meditate, pray, whatever is meaningful to you.

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

I have had gay male friends my whole life and one thing I can tell you is if he's really gay and sexually attracted to males, even if he thinks he's in love with you and he may well care very deeply for you, you're never going to satisfy that sexual need in him. Eventually, he's going to want another man. I've seen it time and again. I have gay friends I've known since I was still a teen living in San Francisco who went on to live with or marry women and even fathered children, but it never lasts.

Of course he could just be bi. My first husband was bi and he enjoyed both male and female lovers.  He may just also be confused about your friendship. You've known him for 8 years, so you must know him pretty well by now. Why is he "suddenly" in love with you? Your actions now could end up costing you the loss of your friend. If you're not in love with him or not ready to cope with sharing your life with a gay male and all that entails, don't encourage his infatuation, even if it is flattering to you.

4. libby1970 profile image69
    libby1970posted 11 years ago

I wouldn't do this if I were you! If he's a good friend, keep him as only a good friend. He has mixed sexual preferences right now. I don't think it would be good at all. Plus--you could destroy your good friendship if you try and it doesn't work out. Keep him as a friend.

libby,
      Yes. I'm considering that idea. I don't want to ruin our friendship. But I have to wait the right time to tell him..smile

5. Cheeky Girl profile image67
    Cheeky Girlposted 11 years ago

The fact that he is bisexual or bicurious is apparent. Lots of men happily marry women and have children -  despite being gay. I know guys who did it. They did it because the trusted the woman.

They trusted the woman because she was either kind and understanding and non-judgemental... or because she was a "safe bet". Like a safe harbour in the "storm" so to speak. Trust me, it happens. Some gay guys are very trusting more of women than guys. The woman can understand the emotional side of it more than most guys could.

Don't freak out over him being fond of you or even romantically liking you. Keep it real. Don't jump into a relationship with your eyes closed. This is not going to be a situation where you end up in a relationship with a gay guy and are oblivious to his sexuality.

But you need to lay down some rules if things get physical. Because one strong possibility is, the $50,000 question from him at some point - "mind if I bring a guy along the next time". Lay down some clear boundaries. And if the physical thing is a no-go area, then be clear about saying it.

What is to stop him deciding at some point in the future that he does like guys more after all?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)