How do we know if our hubs have been entered in a contest or not?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. LetitiaFT profile image73
    LetitiaFTposted 11 years ago

Does it suffice to publish a hub on the topic of a contest during the contest?
    Example: It is the first day of the recipe contest. I just published my first recipe. Is my recipe hub automatically entered in the contest or is some other action required on my part?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Letitia: The rules are here:
      http://hubpages.com/contest/cookbook

Good luck in the contest!

LetitiaFTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jason, I did read that, as well as the complete rules provided by link. It just says to publish a hub with a rating capsule. But for other contests I've seen people mention you have to put "contest" in your tags, or like Cagsil mentioned, post a link on a dedicated forum thread (which I couldn't find). So I still don't know if I'm missing something!

I wish HP would simple say "all you need to do is publish a recipe with a rating capsule and you've entered the contest!"

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

COOKBOOK CONTEST - HOW TO ENTER
          Join HubPages
          Make sure you are enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Program (this is how we distribute winnings)
          Publish a recipe Hub using the Recipe Capsules, at the minimum, using the Ratings Capsule configured for a recipe

Hey LetitiaFT,

I found the above when I clicked on the "contest" link at the top of every HubPages page.

2. LetitiaFT profile image73

Hi again Jason, didn't realized you worked for HP. That gives me hope.

Can you confirm that all we have to do to enter the cooking contest is publish a recipe with a rating capsule? Thanks a million!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Last time I had heard, if it's for a contest, then you should be able to post a link to your hub in the forum thread designed for the contest.

I don't know if this is still the case because, rules around here change at a whim.

Thanks Cagsil, following your answer I just spent ten minutes looking for something like that, but couldn't find it. Before that I asked my question I also spent an hour trying to figure out the answer on my own, to no avail. What's a hubber to do? Thanks again for the suggestion.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did the same thing looking for an answer. Usually we have to tag our entry with something, but this time the instructions don't address it at all. I guess we don't have to, but I think I'll take it with something. "Contest" at least.

Hi Victoria, in doubt, I went ahead and added a contest tag too. I sure hope this does the trick! Best of luck to you!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to tag it with contest, that will be seen as an unrelated tag. Just use a recipe capsule, that is all you need.

Thank you for stating that explicitly, Uninvited Writer. I sure hope you're sure!

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89

Me, too! Maybe we should remove the tags then? I don't think it's really unrelated, though. Well, if the contest told us explicitly what to do as it usually does, we wouldn't have to wonder!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
                Jason Menayanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It does, as Cagsil and Uninvited Writer pointed out. There is no mention of tagging in this contest's rules. smile

EDIT: Just to be clear, the one recipe Capsule that's required is the Ratings Capsule (there are others, and we strongly encourage you to use them, like the Nutrition Capsule, Cook Time Capsule, etc.).

Oh thank you thank you! smile

2. Victoria Lynn profile image89

Yes, thank you. You're right. The instructions don't mention tagging this time, so we thought we were missing something, as it usually does address tagging our submissions. Now we know! Thanks for clearing this up!

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)