Christians do really think we atheist have no morals?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (115 posts)
  1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Or that we are somehow bad people because we don't believe in what you believe in? I see so many times when people make it out to be that Christians dislike everything about us atheist yet I am married to a Christian and he has no ill feelings toward atheist. Is the thought that Christians dislike atheist in general a myth?

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Christians Love, I mean "Dearly" LOVE atheists in comparison to other christians which have different views than their own.

From a Pretorists/Historists perspective.
        It would be better for that man that he been born a Muslam .

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have no problem "liking" atheists.

I have issues with militant, ignorant fools pretending they (also) know it all, and ridicule anyone with faith. Most of these (kind) don't know how to carry a civil conversation, NOR respect believers for their (reason) for faith.

peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Curiosity here, Do you show the same respect to atheist (ones who respect your faith) as you think they should show you?

1. aka-dj profile image64

They are always the ones to draw "first blood".

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
            Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Your evolution theories and their explanations are for dummies"

"Only people with limited thought capacity can swallow evolution as presented to the masses.

The joke is on your beliefs in "scientific fairy tales"."

A quote of yourself from your posts on my hub.

Hmmmm

Except you forgot that we have had quite a few interactions on the forums long before that.

BTW, I'm still following you. You can't complain too much.

When have I not been civil to you, before you started you ridicule?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
                Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may have to remind me of the ridicule but the exerts I posted were from your first post on my hub so I didn't even have a chance to ridicule you first or "draw first blood". big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AKA is the first on the offensive, despite claiming to turn the other cheek. He has no morals to guide him - this is why his religion causes so many fights.

And so it starts, yet again! sad

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
                    Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"turning the other cheek" can be taken in a couple of ways. If you literally turn the other cheek if someone wrongs you, you become easy prey and people will continue to take advantage of you. "Turning the other cheek" can also mean if you are slapped (during Jesus' day, slaves were corrected by being slapped on the cheek, but by offering the other cheek, you are suggesting equality. It made sense 2000+ years ago. Now ddays, if you slap someone, you'd either get your ass beat or sued.

2. aka-dj profile image64

Why limit it to just your hub?

Does that reinforce you position?

3. Captain Redbeard profile image60
                  Captain Redbeardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

All this talk of drawing first blood has made me listen to Bon jovi

2. peeples profile image93

"Not believing garbage is not what makes one ignorant and arrogant.

Making your outlandish assertion that there IS NO GOD, is what qualifies you for that."
            Doesn't ever atheist say therer is no God? So are you saying we are all ignorant and arrogant by saying it?

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

aka-dj

What group would be so militant, ignorant fools pretending they (also) know it all, and ridicule anyone with faith?

As you know, we can't name names, due to "personal attack" clauses.

I recon you know at least a few of them, though! hmm

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

If wouldn't hang out with any ignorant fools, I would not claim to know any know it all's, like god or Gods. Militant sounds too Religious for me, would not belong to any group in the first place, in order to create an army of fools.

I have more faith in Mankind than most people and think everyone is a God. Is that not more of a balance than a Jealously God, that fights 10,000 other kinds of God, along with Jews, Gays and the lists goes on.

Even Atheist do not get a break, in the USA Courts they claim Atheist a Religion and against their will, too.

Sorry, don't know militant guys, ignorant fools, know it alls and faith pranksters, Do you know a few?

3. Mark Knowles profile image59

You think backhandedly calling people ignorant fools demands respect?

Just as a matter of interest - why do you think atheists should respect you? You have no morals, are aggressive and nasty; constantly berate those of us who reason instead of believing blindly and generally don't do the things you claim to be doing.

And you want respect?

Why?

This also applies to you.

I told you many times that I like you.

I like you too Mark, just not in an ugly marriage way.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Yup - these guys are like an abusive spouse. big_smile

4. glmclendon profile image59
        glmclendonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I have nothing against them, T wonder if they have that rope , or fith to hold them in time of trouble. They try to tell me things about God all bab, but I don't try to tell them what they need to do, because they know the answers.

5. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just wandered into this thread, because I was curious about what the responses would be. I've know both Christians and atheists who are so nasty and rabid in their responses that I've wondered if their parents taught them anything at all about how to deal with other people.

I consider both of those extreme responses to be, well, extreme - and to not represent the majority of people who believe as they do.

I don't think the world would be a better place with less of any belief, except the belief that you should show disrespect towards anyone who doesn't believe as you do.

3. Chris Neal profile image77
      Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I don't think that at all. In fact, some of the nicest people I've ever met are atheists, and some of the nastiest people I've met have been atheists. Some Christians I've known personally give the cause a bad name. It would be so much simpler one way or the other if Christianity really made everyone nice and humble (as so many Christians want to believe) or conversely judgemental and hypocritical (as many of the atheists in these forums assert.) But Christianity doesn't perform a personality transplant, God want us to work on that and lean on Him.

People are perfectly capable of being nice without religion. Or "good" or "pure."

4. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In general, I do not think theists have ill-will toward anti-, non- or a-theists. Consensus among most theists is actually a sense of pity -or perhaps, to some extent, loathing which sometimes results in hostility {inert frustration brought about by the doctrine gleaning}.

The Religion of Self {morality without doctrine aka atheism} comes from the rootstock of one or more major religions, whether by full involvement, patronization/passive-direct or indoctrination techniques {wooing, fear, social acceptance, aspiration}.

Because of rapid social changes, and strong influence of the Religion of Logic {predominantly the sciences} there is deeper cause for division. A division, I think, is coming from the a-theist perspective, more so than the theist, as noted by many saying, "If you would just give up this irrational nonsense and be rational, we would all get along, end the rivalry, the violence. And as an individual-collective, change the course of human history. Yes, let us rely only on our own thinking, our own skills, instead of an invisible power. Let's use the fragments of nature, offered as gifts on the Alter of Discovery, for everyone to see. Let's define those fragments as fact and proof that no such higher beings exist, laying the foundation for the future and our children's future."

Sadly, their cry is littered deeply with sensationalism. As said, they are from the same stem. But, in the end, both sides are after the same thing: answers or absolution. Sure, there is often a verbal tennis match {entertainment really}, but on the street, in the trenches of life, both will stand side by side, regardless.

James.

5. Paul Wingert profile image60

You know how most Christians (not all) are with their "I like lobster so you must like it too" attitude. I have two cousins who are born again Christians and they get their jollies by pushing their beliefs on everyone else.

6. profile image51
      Robert Vroomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The correct argument from the Christian perspective is not that "atheists have no morals", the argument is that if atheism is correct objective moral values do not exist.

If atheism is correct, life came to exist from non-life through accidental collisions of non-living materials. Through the process described in the theory of evolution, this life thrived and split into different living beings, based on beneficial mutations.

If this is how things took place, morality is nothing but an evolutionary development. Why is it evil to murder people for fun? The only reason given atheism is that people who murder others for fun are less likely to pass their genes to the next generation. Can we in America say that honor killings in India, or the treatment of women in a number of Muslim countries is wrong? If so, by what standard? We do the behaviors that provided survival value here, they do the same in their countries. Since there is no morality that transcends societies, we cannot say they are wrong.

1. Chris Neal profile image77

If I understand evolutionary theory correctly you are correct. But I have talked to atheists who hold that there is some kind of objective standard of human decency that exists outside of Christianity but has many of the same good points. I don't judge it, and I don't pretend to fully understand it because it's usually only something I read when I claim the objective standard of the Bible. So if anyone reads this and can explain it to me better, I'm all ears. If you're going to say I'm ignorant, I beat you to the punch.

Well written post, by the way.

7. spease profile image60
      speaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If your husband is really a Christian, he would not have ill feelings toward you or any atheist .  A real Christian does not want atheists to change their ways because they don't agree with them, a real Christian wants to change atheists so they don't spend eternity in hell.  Your husband should want to save you from hell because he loves you.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're serious, aren't you? If they don't think like a christian, scare 'em into it with an unlikely tale. Hell only works on children and morons or the blatantly insecure.

1. spease profile image60

Not trying to scare anyone.  If you were walking down the street and you saw a child drowning in a swimming pool, wouldn't you try to save them.  I believe that atheists are going to hell and I will try to save them, but it's their choice.

Yeah, but I wouldn't indoctrinate the poor child. That's the problem with christians, they want people to mentally feeble and insecure, that they won't think about how stupid it sounds. How many people that are confident, rich or intelligent are christians? A lot less than the poor, weak, sick and insecure...

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well–in that case, I'm sure you understand the fact that as an atheist with morals, I feel it is my duty to tell you you are wasting your time believing nonsensical drivel and warning people of something that doesn't not exist.

All it does is causes ill will and bad feelings. Your invisible super being does not exist and I really hate to see you wasting your life in this fashion.

I'm sure you understand. It is for your own good because I know better than you. You are just too  arrogant to understand, and insist on rebelling against reality.

It's more an attempt to escape suffering, the same bait and tackle Sidartha Gautama used, only christianity goes beyond the simple suggestion and uses scare tactics to procure a following.

2. Chris Neal profile image77

Or on people who truly know God and love Him!

Or fear being human... Can't think for yourself, have to have a parent figure to behave?

Or fear of being a spiritual being rather than being on a one-sided group

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fear of being a spiritual being? No, I'm not that irrational.

Is this an attack or do you lack understanding of what you are saying

Irrational - without the faculty of reason ; deprived of reason. 2. without or deprived of normal mental clarity or sound judgment. 3. not in accordance with reason; utterly ...

You know I define spiritual as the 99% unknowns, you are taking from your 1% ego self and calling others irrational too often. I base my life on good sense, and find everything has a reason within time and the only thing I can find that lacks reason to a great degree, is evil.

Spiritual is as important as your intellect, relationships, finance and body. If you ever want to compare my lifetime achievement, and balance compared to yours then, I accept the challenge

I'm pretty sure I know what I said.
                    Yes, I know what the word means, but I'm also glad to know you had to look it up.
                    I know what your definition of spiritual is. And I understand that there's a lot of things unknown, but that doesn't dismiss your irrationality.
                    I can see why you're lost.
                    So you say. However, untrue.
                    I'm sure you would. I don't need the ego boost as you do. But, thank you for the offer.

Or who know Jesus! Believe it or not, being a Christian is not synonymous with not wanting to think. And, at least in these forums, for every Christian I've seen who seems to feel they must argue and denigrate anybody who disagrees with them, there is also a nonbeliever who acts just the same. Sort of like someone who feels the need to answer everything I say to them with an accusation that Christians are unwilling and incapable of thinking for themselves...

My husband believes my sin is no different than his sin. Everyone does things that are considered wrong. In his view God makes exceptions for people like me who had a "real reason" (His wording not mine) not to believe. My husband believes those people will be given an oppurtunity to accept after death. This view isn't exactly Christian but the rest of his views are. This one view shows a love for other people and a respect that for some people there is no getting them to believe given the life they have had. He wishes I believed but as a good husband he accepts that it is not his job as my husband to force me to be something I don't want to be.

1. spease profile image60

You're husband is right in that sin is sin, and we all sin.  To have our sins forgiven we must be sorry for our sins.  You may have had some terrible things happen in your life, that is all the more reason to have God in your life, it's certainly not a reason to not believe.

You can't be kind of a Christian, and there is no second chance after death. If your husband is a Christian, he believes the Bible is Gods word.  You can't believe some parts of it, it's all the word of God. 

No one can force you to believe and repent, but if he is a Christian and he loves you, he should not want you to not be saved. 
          I care about you and I want you to not follow Jesus. Look at needgod.com.

How about not dwelling in one's past or being mindful? One must be mindful of how they affect reality, the same would have to be applied to what they percieve. A person may grow angry with something but then, was it not that person's choice to react? There is no devil inside greater than "I". There is no God/god in myself greater than "I". "I" is the most powerful motivating factor and it seems to be a commomn thing, among species with somewhat developed brains. People say it all the time, almost all sentences start with it and it's peppered throughout almost every paragragh. "I" is a powerful concept, that many use to their advantage.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Personally I like everybody, but my mind has no truck for either materialists or Religionists, same thing really.

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

A heretic should NEVER ... never never; accept any invitation to a back yard weenie roast, not even if marshmallows are insinuated.

4. cprice75 profile image85
    cprice75posted 11 years ago

I am a Christian, and I have agnostic/atheist friends.  We have civil discussions.  I don't think that they are necessarily immoral.  They actually follow a moral code.  On the other hand, I know some "Christians" that are quite immoral.  My big question is what constitutes morals if there is no God?  It seems as though they would just be social constructs, so there is no real reason to follow any moral code if you can get ahead without having society put you in the clink.  I don't dislike much of anybody, even if I disagree with them on any number of things.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6574299_f248.jpg

LOL!

I know that crazed glazed look.

3. LauraGT profile image85
        LauraGTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love it!  I grew up in the South and repeatedly got the question about where I got my morals from.  I really don't see any connection between someone being  moral person and their belief in god. I think more of it has to do with parenting.  Some parents use religion as  a vehicle through which to talk about morals, others just use their own self-imposed moral structure (which, in our society, is probably about the same thing whether or not you believe in god!)

I think that's wonderful.

In a way though, you make the argument. The argument is that evolution produces no morality in and of itself. If we're all just products of evolution, then there is no inherent mechanism within us to make us 'good' and there is no objective source for right and wrong. American society still uses a sense of right and wrong that is for the most part a holdover of our Christian heritage. But if there is no objective right and wrong other than what society dictates,  then if, say, in 100 years sexual slavery is instituted in places as legal, or honor killings, or enforced 75-foot bungee jumps on your 18th birthday, then whatever we may think of them now we can't judge them or say they're wrong because society, the greatest number of people, will say tough, we think it's okay. Not that I think those things will happen, I'm just using examples.

5. glendoncaba profile image74
    glendoncabaposted 11 years ago

The title of the thread is wrong.  Morality is about the good way, whereas ethics discusses the standard.  So your question should be:  Do you think Christians have no regard for moral ethics of atheists?

For it is a reality that we can arrive at ethical standards without religion, but an ethical system which derives authority from overarching religious principles will have the highest standard of all since the final appeal is not to ego or comparative ethics but the ethics of holiness and love.

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

I can only speak for myself, but I know other Christians who believe this way also.  Atheists/Agnostics are people, just like we are.  We all live our lives according to some sort of moral code, even though we may differ about the origin of that code.  Most of the atheists/agnostics I know are some of the most intelligent folks I've ever had the joy of encountering, and ultimately what draws me to a person isn't their religious beliefs, rather it's their personality, their ability (and willingness) to engage in interesting and challenging conversation, and whether or not we actually just like each other. My faith is something that is very important to me, but the core teaching of my faith is to love others unconditionally.

Occasionally, you'll run across kind, rational Christians and kind, rational atheists who generally agree on life in general.  Occasionally, they might disagree on certain things.  Decent people know how to disagree without being disagreeable...most of the time.  Sometimes, though, certain folks just don't bring out the best in others.

smile

7. daisynicolas profile image77
    daisynicolasposted 11 years ago

My passionate belief and rationalizing was written in my hub about the war of morality and religion.  I know I have succintly passionately stated my life's viewpoint on this issue.  This is a subject that will never go away because it is an inherently inherited value.

8. BrianMI6 profile image60
    BrianMI6posted 11 years ago

Christians dislike atheists because they are the Baal worshipers of our day.  Atheists are highly religious people.  They believe in the supernatural all over the place and then try to deny that they do.  It's like having someone insist that they never eat cake while you are watching them eat cake in front of you.  Then, when they presumptuously have taken the scientific high ground (while everything they believe rests on assumptions that can only have occurred via supernatural causes) they characterize us as evil. 

This type of behavior is infuriating in general but what is really upsetting is that Christians pretty much believe that while people follow God's general principles, the nation will enjoy blessing.  When they abandon God's principles, the nation will be struck down.  Atheists push for everything evil and then try to make it seem nice.  Instead of using the term Child Sacrifice they call it abortion.  They are generally for things like homosexual marriage when Christians know that there is no such thing!  God designed marriage.  It is defined by him and gay people who have weddings and run around claiming to be married are just people who are playing house.  God doesn't recognize their "marriage" and is in fact infuriated by their sin yet atheists are happy to see the nation go to hell in a handbasket. 

If you saw that the pattern of living espoused by a group that supports everything that you're against, things which you feel will one day have your children or grandchildren dispossessed of their heritage or, at the very least, doom the nation to social misery, you'd not be feeling very kindly toward them either.

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Maybe I'm just stupid or it could be one of those times where I am a little dense.

But, what does Evolution to do with morals?

The short answer, depends on who you talk to.

ba-dum-DUM.

In all seriousness, though, is that there is an entire conversation about "morals" in respect to evolution. Are we born moral? Can any objective standard of morality be imputed from evolutionary theory? Why are some people nice? And a thousand other questions. If my memory servces me, Dawkins actually rose to prominence based on his book The Selfish Gene which discussed such things.

As I posted earlier, many atheists (at least that I talk to in these forums) claim that there is an objective moral standard not reliant on the Bible, which seems to contradict evolutionary theory as I understand it. Of course, the other extreme is the "nature red in tooth and claw" as espoused in Nazi ideology.

I guess the short answer really is, are there objective standards or morality or not? And evolutionary theory says, "no."

The only thing you can apply morals to are actions.

Which may or may not make you one of the atheists I was refering to.

Duh? Atheist? Seriously? roll

What in the world ever gave you the idea of classifying me in the category of Atheist?

Atheist are no better than Christians. These two types go back and forth, back and forth, all for what exactly?

Both are ignorant to a degree. I'm inclined to think that Atheist are more rational than Christians, but with Atheism representing a lesser portion of citizens of the world, it would also show and indicate that those who are not rational are causing most of the problems.

So, God dose exist, or a good maybe, setting aside Religion

What are you talking about? roll

I'm not doing another thread on the mysteries of Cagsil, it hard enough trying to figure out who God is. Too much happy A*S- BS out there.

That's your problem. You're looking for a "who", where there's no "who" to look for. roll

Well, if you really want to know....

What made me think you are an atheist is the fact that you laugh at anything Christian I say (and others, from what I've seen) while never declaring any belief of your own.

You never say things like, 'based on the book of...' or 'So and so said...', you just make fun.

So, if there's any religious faith you actually have, no matter what it may be, you keep it well hidden.

And why on Earth would I need to declare my beliefs. They are none of your business. As I have said before and will gladly repeat myself, I hold very few beliefs in actuality/reality.

Unless you want to count my belief in other people. In that case, then you would find that I believe in 7 Billion people. Other than that sort of belief, I hold very few others.
                Make fun? Is that what your perception is showing you? Apparently, you don't read to well. Maybe you should brush up.
                There's no such "religious faith" in my mind, brain or body, therefore nothing is hidden.

Ah! Now I understand! You come to these forums to observe but not to contribute. You come to laugh but then deny you mock. You deride the beliefs of others but contribute nothing about your own beliefs.

You're a leach.

Not to contribute? Members of HubPages can use the forums as part of membership. So, that means, when I post something I am contributing to the forums. Got it? Or would you like me to spell it out for you?
                    Laughter is not mockery.
                    My beliefs are not for others to know. I am of the understanding that it is completely, utterly, ridiculous, ignorant, dumbfounded to solidify any belief. To do so, negates human nature and one's ability to learn, grow in knowledge and discern truth from true wisdom.
                    Name calling? How profound of you, a walker with Jesus. You're no better than the rest of the religious folk who haunt the forums.

Every post you make, you make because you have no choice but to defend a position which is weakened and riddled with irrationality. Which is something I do something about. If you don't like it, you know where you can go, right?

Elephants show morals. So I have to say, that pretty much says at least one thing. They don't have to come from a book.

I will remembered that, so what is the whole purpose of the bible, again?

Outdated perceptions of a confusing reality.

Yes, elephants have instincts. Humans don't, at least not to  the same extent. So what's your point?

People are generally good and know what is right from wrong, We do not NEED extra absurd laws from the Bible or any of the over ego wars from all other med evil religious groups

I disagree with that. I think most people have a few inate notions of love, but truly "good" and "evil" are not internal but learned from external sources. So the question then becomes what external source is used? It's more than a little simplistic to think that only one source would be used, because most people get their ideas (or reject ideas received from) society, their parents, their peers, the media, school, etc.

But the only people who have a truly internal source of morality uninformed by external sources are sociopaths.

Chris Neal

Love is the glue that holds the World together and for sure the Christians are not the only source.

Where you find a lack of sound  reason you will find evil , you will find evil where there is a great lack of connection to the sources of good intention. Boil down a problem, simplified, simplifed and simplifed , I know by experience, for my own life is sooo simply and easy. Why try to change the world , the World will change it's self. It's better to change your self FIRST. Then Poof !!! it's magic!  much of the World changes with you.

But the only people who have a truly internal source of morality uninformed by external sources are sociopaths.

I'm glad we agree on one thing! smile

Two actually, because Christians are not the source of love. If we are really being Christian, we are channeling the love from the true source of love, which is God. But we are not in and of ourselves the source of love.

10. PCrews profile image61
    PCrewsposted 11 years ago

I do believe the thought that Christians dislike atheist is a myth. I believe it is not that Christians do not like you but that are sad at the fact that you do not believe in a God of love, grace, mercy and best of all forgiveness. I do believe that the "Christians"  that are mean and do not like you just because you are atheist are wrong for judging you. God loves you wheather you believe in him or not and a true Christian will show Christ love and kindness to you. As far as having morals, I believe it is how you are raised. I know "christians" that have no morals so do not feel that it is just atheist. I hope this helps answer your questions.

lol lol

I have to laugh at one too, lol lol

11. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

PCrews,

I'm impressed with your explanations, nice job.

Would PCrews represent God and his judgment?
      PCrews quote - I believe it is not that Christians do not like you but that are sad at the fact that you do not believe in a God of love, grace, mercy and best of all forgiveness.

Castle - Is it a fact that atheist do not processed the same quality of love, grace, mercy or forgiveness without the belief of God?  If so, my atheist Mother has been a liar her whole life and fooled me into thinking she loved me deeply my whole life. Sorry Mom your going to hell for that......not

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't perceive atheists to be immoral, just in denial of where the moral codes that form our society came from. Any atheist could have a epiphanal moment which could change them into a believer (not necessarily a christian) Most christians would see me as being a pawn of satan, so they see me in the same light as the atheists. Arguing or ridiculing them makes no sense, because it only makes them believe all the more, that you are of "The Dark Side"!

Much of human history did need religion to guild them through law and order. Today's modern man listens to every Religion and culture group and individual, and no matter what group or individual it is, over all, each group is no better or worst than the other. Dark and light is the same like front and back, and up and down and so on. Each of us general are good and know what is right from wrong in our society consciousnesses of it. That is why atheist are as moral or ethical as Christian,

My wish is to allow everyone to be God for one week and see if it changes history for the better, by my calculation it will, or we can always go to back to fighting forever

12. mrmattyb profile image59
    mrmattybposted 11 years ago

faith is the death of intelligence

I would disagree. However, I will agree if you're talking about religious faith.

Having faith in yourself and other people isn't death of intelligence. It actually gives life to intelligence.

mrmattyb

Welcome to the forum

An atheist would be more religious than me, in fact the USA declare Atheist a religion. You could not be referring to me of being a part of a religious group , I need to belong to some group first, in which I don't,

I do subscribe to the optimist club where people are spiritual sided rather than religious. I have faith that Cagsil will learn more about that in time.

And you had to bring me into your conversation with another person, why exactly?

I swear, you don't even pay attention to your own actions, much less be of any usefulness with regards to other people.

WOW! Talk about ridiculous.

I know my usefulness in the real world and the strength and weaknesses. You suggest to a new comer to edit, related to my post.

Strategy is my nature born talent and know every major step to succeed in those aims and pay attention to your own steps.

Good job at fooling yourself.
            Strategy is your natural born talent? Not likely. You're not rational enough.

It is not rational to call so many people ill-rational and be so negative, get that checked out.

If I am foolish, then I'm happy on how it works in staying healthy, on how it works with natural environment and how it serves millions of other happy
              people. You got something against happy, healthy people too?

It's not being negative. It's an attempt to reason with those who are unreasonable. Again, you prove you know virtually nothing.

Cagsil.
                  It's not being negative. It's an attempt to reason with those who are unreasonable. Again, you prove you know virtually nothing.

The way you down people. you would think many of these people on the forum were  talking to you from a mental hospital and your explaining to them, there is no hope or cure for them

Cagil- you have proven nothing, you have given me very little in positive  constructiveness. Too bad, I do have plenty to give back and plenty to be grateful for in life. Good luck on your downing and against ventures while sharing very little core thinking about yourself.

Down people? I am blunt and straightforward. Don't like, then that's your problem. Get over yourself. Aside from that people give words power. If someone thinks I am being condescending? or talking as I am superior? then it's a bad perception. I have no need or desire to better than anyone else and I don't see myself that way. I am humble to a point.
                    Actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. I think no such thing of anyone on HubPages. Yes, there are a few who should learn tolerance. There are a lot of people who need to learn acceptance.
                    When you give up the irrationality you continue spew forth from your mouth, I would be glad to give you credit for something positive. Until then, hold your breath.
                    Good for you.
                    Luck? Doesn't exist. And your repeated statement about me downing people is as stated above. Other than that, enjoy.

13. mrmattyb profile image59
    mrmattybposted 11 years ago

you are very right there Cagsil. agreed. put religious in front of my prior statement.

You know, you could do it yourself. You should be able to edit any forum post up to 3 hours. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)