Should there be a new phobia - Christianphobic?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 11 years ago

Now there is Islamophobia, so wondering especially in light of all the hatred for Christians and ridicule of Christians, including here on HubPages, if there should be a new "phobic" called Christianphobic? Of course, then the "hate speech" rule would have to apply to this phobia as well as all the others.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you ever think that threads like these might be one of the reasons that there is such animosity?

Secondly... no one is really scared of Christianity... they just don't agree with the ideas.

Thirdly... you really need to rethink your definition of hate speech.  Having someone disagree with your chosen philosophy isn't quite the same thing as having someone say you should be lynched.  It's insulting to minorities that truly are oppressed and threatened.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh no no no!   ONLY liberal activists are allowed to coin new words and re-write things like dictionaries, Constitutions, and Bibles.   Surely you can see that.  Why, one of the "experts" in that field already jumped on your post.  So you better straighten up and fly right....errrr I mean LEFT...if you don't wanna be accused of bein' a troublemaker by a flurry of liberals and atheists.  Especially, don't ever use the "hate speech" term in a truthful way again!   'Cause most libs don't tolerate any backtalk, even if it makes total common sense.

P.S. Dubuquedogtrainer, you rock;  love your fearless approach smile

Why hello Brenda. 

Conservatives never try to rewrite Bibles

http://conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

1. profile image0

They shouldn't have to even consider that project.  If libs hadn't tried twisting the meaning of the Bible, there'd be no need to try to correct THEIR manipulations.
          But then, America shouldn't be having to consider laws against baby-killing and laws to defend heterosexuality and laws to protect school children from immoral teachings either.  Yet, strangely, we do.

I know... sucks for you doesn't it?  You could always make a sign I guess.  I've got plenty of markers and cardstock if you need to borrow some.

1. profile image0

No, actually it stinks for the innocent helpless kids, whether unborn or teenagers.   Keep your sign paraphernalia; I'm sure you can use them at some OWS rallies or gay pride parades.

Just trying to be helpful... smile  It what us good Christians do.  Let me know if you need anything to help get you through this obviously trying time.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Killing babies is already against the law.  You may have been too busy to notice...

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
              Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Distraction is understandable.
              It takes a heckuva lot of energy and focus to defend hetersexuality, Ron.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The assault on heterosexuality continues...

slowly at first, then gradually intensifying

eventually the attacks penetrate the very core of Christiandom

the body of Christ trembles

Big Gay Satan is sleepy now...

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
                  Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Big gay Satan says, "roll over and light me a cigarette."

3. autumn18 profile image59
            autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The fact that the bible has or ever will be translated, rewritten, revised, etc. doesn't make any sense to me at all. Defeats the whole purpose.

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So, anyone who wanted to read the whole thing should learn greek, aramaic and hebrew?

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So - is there some rule against pointing out how ridiculous most Christian's beliefs are? Your bible tells you this will happen. Paraphrased:

1. Go around spouting irrational nonsense and scare mongering.
      2. People will tell you you are spouting nonsense and scare mongering.
      3. You can call this being "persecuted," and "attacked for loving Jesus."
      4. Prophecy fulfilled - the majik book was right and your beliefs are validated.

(Have to say I don't need a majik book to prophecy this.wink)

Will my knee bow to Jesus when he returns? Does this not class as "hate speech."

In any case - you are mistaken. We love you so much, we want you to see the irrationality of your beliefs and come join the rest of us in reality. We love the believer and hate the irrational beliefs.

Just think about that for a moment and you will feel the love. Admittedly a tough sort of love - but it is for your own good.

4. Mmargie1966 profile image84
      Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

phobia means fear....so only if you fear Christians.

5. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is a casual term for Christianphobic: Atheism. lol.

6. Chris Neal profile image79
      Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus told us that people will hate us and we will suffer. We need to keep strong, persevere and remember who is ultimately in control. Fellowship with other believers, read your Bible and PRAY! God rewards those who stay faithful.

1. profile image0

Amen.

7. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh please. Sometimes I wonder how "stupidity in motion" is always justified.

Ridicule Christians? They most suffer from persecution complex already. How can you ridicule someone who thinks that because you disagree with them, you are ridiculing(persecuting) them. roll

1. Chris Neal profile image79

I agree. And that goes for many of the atheists, as well.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I thought phobia referred to irrational fear. Are you implying anyone who doesn't buy into Christianity is irrational?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image84

I don't "imply" - I'll just tell you.  If you are in fear of Christians, it's Christianphobia...If you are in fear of Muslims, its Islamophobia.  Same with athiests or any other group.

Please don't pick a fight with me.  I just explained what it meant, and if it is truly a fear, than yes...its a phobia.

1. profile image0

Phobia; an extreme or irrational fear or aversion to something.

That is the definition. My question still stands.

My observation is that some Christians have an irrational fear of people who are reasonable.  Ask a valid question and you were somehow picking a fight.

Do you have a suggestion of a new word for that?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image84

So, Emily...it is a fear.  You said it yourself.  If you have nothing to fear then there is no threat.  period.

End of discussion...with you at this point, anyway because I'm going to bed.

I wish you all the best

1. profile image0

Sweet dreams.

I find it curious that you  attempt to begin a discussion with a misused term. A gentle attempt to explain this to you is perceived as 'picking a fight'. I go to the trouble of posting the definition of the word, to help you understand that you have misused it, and you claim that arttempt defines me as having a phobia.

I'd say I had to go to bed too, if I were you. Your entire presence in this thread, from the outset, displays a phobia of reason.

One last thought. I think you mislabeled this as a discussion. It doesn't really fit the definition as well as some other words might. This thread was not started in order to exchange ideas, or debate.

3. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Division, division, division. The header of this forum demonstrates something I already accept. Try as you might, for God or against...you still do his will. Jesus said, "I come, not to bring peace, but DIVISION!"

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Given the unrelenting, hugely funded campaign by so-called Christians to deprive groups of citizens of their rights and impose their so-called morals (read: judgment and hate) on others, I think it is appropriate to use the term Christianophobic.
    Hadn't thought about it in quite that way until just now.

To be clear:

I am not afraid of Christ or Christ's teachings.
    I am very afraid -- with increasingly valid reason -- of the harm some men and women will do in His name.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

P.S. I do realize that a phobia is more than fear, it's an intense, irrational fear.
    In this instance, my fear is directly proportional to the intensely irrational views expressed by these so-called Christians.
    Their militance = my phobia.
    smile

1. eternals3ptember profile image61
      eternals3ptemberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fear is present, but it's nothing compared to how perplexed I am with some of this stuff.
      Where do American Christians get off with this martyr-complex? If there's one place on this planet that people can be as Christian as they want, its the USA

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

http://img.consumersearch.com/files/cs/imagecache/blog-entry/images/blog/200122842-001.jpg

oh, man, that's good xD

7. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CJiMltRI5UQ/SogQVIl7k3I/AAAAAAAAPO4/7-lAlLOub4E/s320/hot+pocket+with+gay_satan.jpg

8. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

How about nonorthodoxophobia. The irrational fear that Evangelical Christians have of others who don't agree with their man made doctrines. This fear causes the afflicted to dismiss any alternative interpretations out of hand, and to use phrases such as "In the last days there will be false prophets, a great apostasy, and people following doctrines of demons" to describe any Christian who dares to veer from the official party line.

How dare you! Heresy! Heresy, I say! You dare insult our... Church? Well, Evangelical Christianity to begin with... Heresy! *hissss*

Ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church xD ?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Chris Neal profile image79

But do you honestly believe that conservative Christians are the only ones who behave that way?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course, Chris!  How many times have you said it yourself?  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Chris Neal profile image79

I never said they were the only ones to behave that way.

YOU did, but I didn't...

lol

9. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

I vehemently protest. What makes anyone think that these 'professed' christians are what they say they are? Just because they told you they are, doesn't mean that Jesus would agree.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As Ghandi famously said, "I might have become a Christian if it wasn't for the Christians". Or something like that.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like Ghandhi

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)