I Reached 100 Aurthor Score For First Time

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Hooray! It probably won't last too long, but still nice to see. Hope it doesn't take too long to obtain again and I hope the score holds up for a few hours. Its always nice to have a pleasant surprise in the morning when you first log on. smile

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation Jen. I know how you feel. I felt on top of the moon when i hit 92, and it was totally unexpected. Don't yet know what determines these scores really.
      i read about it somewhere, but it didnt quite explain it in-depth.
      Enjoy your stay at the TOP.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

That is really nice Jen, congratulations!

3. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Nice one, Jen!

4. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Excellent, I still only get up to 99 and then drop!

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Yayyy good for you Jen
    Its like getting your first 'A' in school ,lol least thats I felt when I saw my 100, twice now.
    I wished it didnt matter though.

Enjoy the excitement Jen smile

6. Elena. profile image83
    Elena.posted 14 years ago

Great going, Jen!  Felicidades!

It happened to me for about 3 hours and I took a snapshot to be able to believe it afterwards!  Laugh!

7. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Thanks for sharing in my joy however short-lived it turns out to be. I appreciate it Earnestshub, LG, Cindyvine, Eaglekiwi and Elena.

I never stay at the top very long, but I hope with more experience and fine tuning, I will make my hubs better.

8. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I still don't know what I do wrong that I never quite get there.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'll got there eventually smile

9. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Cindy I was thinking in my case it might be my average hubscore. I have 30 hubs but the average score is 73. I think I have to get to 74 or 75 before I can take the next step, that and the number of views per week and month. I haven't even reached 5000 total views yet, I figure I'll have to get to 10,000. That's a lot of figuring eh? LOL

My average hub score is 65 and I've hit 100 a few times. There are many factors...

What brings my average down is the poetry I published while taking a poetry challenge...they are all in the 50s due to length.

10. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Hi uninvited writer, I had no idea poetry brings the average down, I'm kind of surprised by it, but guess its not read as much as the other hubs? Can I assume you have 10,000 views or more?

Yes, I have over 26,000 views

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Congrats!  It is a good feeling to see 100 every now and then, no matter how short-lived each one is.

12. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Thank you KCC, that sure is how I feel. When you are a newbie, any sign of improvement seems like a big deal. smile

13. dipless profile image67
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Congrats Jen thats awsome it has lasted a couple of hours hopefully will last longer smile

14. Susan Ng profile image83
    Susan Ngposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, Jen! smile  By the way, your photo looks really familiar... you sent me a friend request on facebook some time back, didn't you?  Do we know each other by any chance? smile

15. andromida profile image54
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

congrats! Finally you have reached the landmark score of your
    hub writing career.Hope you sustain that score for a long long  time,good luck.

16. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Ah, the rise and fall of the author score. I totally missed dropping down to 99, I see I'm now at 98. LOL Anyway, it was still nice and I'll wait for my next visit to get all excited again. Its on to my next goal of 10,000 views. I want to get t0 5,000 then 7,000 then 10,000. Wondering how long THAT will take.
    LOL

Thank you dipless, Adromeda and viryabo!

Susan Ng, I'm not on facebook. I must have a twin, eh? I'm on a MS forum board, do you visit them? My picture isn't currently featured though, except for here.

17. Connie Smith profile image81
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

Jen, I was so excited to see that 100!  I opened up hubpages about 3:00 a.m. this morning.  If I had your number, I would have called you lol.  Congratulations, you deserve it.  Now that I see someone photographed theirs, I wish I had done yours and sent it to you.  Anyway, lots of good and exciting things happening with this and the page views as well to help you through your flare.  Hope it helps a bit.  Good going, girl!

18. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Congrats

19. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Hey there Connie. Now that would have been a shocking delight to see a picture of it. LOL It was at 100 at 3:00 this morning? No wonder it fell so fast. Glad you were there to see it and let me know about it.  It does give me something to take my mind off this flare, that is for sure. Of course the biggest thrill is that I'm now done with the infusions. That lifts the spirit too!

Thank you for the congrats bgpappa!

20. Connie Smith profile image81
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

Jen, you were one of the 3 featured hubbers on the sign in page!

21. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Hey congrats!!  I missed mine--i was slepping sad 
    Fortunately some wonderful hubbers let me know about it. Wish I could have seen it though. Now I'm just teetering on the edge... LOL

22. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Oh man Connie, I would have liked to have seen that! Thanks for telling me, I'll pretend I saw it. LOL

Janetta, what a bummer. Especially since you are still at 99. We have to be up bright and early if the score hits 100 at off peak times I guess. Congrats though. 100 is 100 seen or unseen. Next time I hope you get to see it though.

Janetta, your pic with the 100 author score is still available on page 2 on the home page. I signed out went to the home page clicked through to page 2 and there you were. Hope you get to see it!

23. shibashake profile image82
    shibashakeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Jen!

Also a BIG congrats to you Janetta! wink

The highest I have ever gotten is a 96 I think. Its those dang dogs - they keep pulling at my trousers when I try to climb up! Bad Dog! smile

24. Jen's Solitude profile image86

Thanks shibashake, I was at 96 too, I think briefly at 98. Before today I was pretty low. It was why I was so shocked to see a 100. When you least expect it, expect it. Check early too so you don't miss it. big_smile

25. moposan profile image57
    moposanposted 14 years ago

score motivation does work after all....

26. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Congrats!! I reached 99 yesterday for only a fleeting moment but it was kind of cool.
    Woohoo, you hundred point hubber!!! big_smile

edit_ hey - now I'm 99 again! lookee, lookee b4 it's gone! wink

1. moposan profile image57
      moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

don't look .its timid.

27. RooBee profile image82

*tries to look nonchalant & aloof so as not to scare score back down*

1. moposan profile image57
      moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suppose it is womanhater otherwise it would definitely rise high up under your look.

28. Jen's Solitude profile image86

moposan thanks for the post. I have always been a fan of the right type of motivation.

RooBee, you're so close you can taste it, so I'm just gonna be real positive and congratulate you now in advance. Don't forget to check your score at a really weird time, like 3:00 am. big_smile

29. RooBee profile image82

Thanks!! smile Sadly, I look here at three am quite often. big_smile

30. moposan profile image57
    moposanposted 14 years ago

woow I feel real hub addiction here.Girls please take it easy.

31. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Be proud, stand tall and shout to the world!  That my friend, is wonderful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)