Hey Ladies, Do You Prefer a Sissy Kinda Guy Or a Macho Dude?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (101 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Ask a woman, what she wants in a man, and half the time she'll probably say, a sensitive, loving, warm guy and all that. But a lot of women still prefer the tough kinda dude, better. Some would like a fella who can pull both, that is a tough guy who can explore his feminity and all that crap. Ladies, who do you really prefer?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Koh Nee Chee Waaaaa  What do you mean "explore his feminity and all that crap?" 

I think lots of guys have absolutely no idea how to deal with modern women and their mothers.  Why would you need to ask such a question here? Why do guys always tend to generalise like you have here.  Times have changed alot in twenty years.. Put Your Club away man; it might indicate that you don't have a clue!

The Two posts above this come from 2 x individual women.  When you get a response from another woman it will be different again.... Can you see a pattern in that?

Sorry if I offend.... I was just exploring my 'feminity' smile

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Koh Nee Chee Waaaaa 
        my new favorite word!!!!!

2. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dude, shush it. Ladies, keep going please. Anyone who ever said women are the same, should come view this thread.

1. profile image0
          Béla Mongyiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Women are the same, at least on a generic level. The rest is up to circumstances.

1. profile image0
            dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i beg to differ

1. profile image0

I mean, of course there is a great exception.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Dude Shush it?"  Interesting point being made here fella!!
          Why on earth would you ASSume that I am a Dude? My Avator perhaps?  Hahahaha!  You wouldn't know a good woman if you fell over her mate!!

1. RKHenry profile image63
            RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that's too funny!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
              Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He would know if he fell over me ( but he'd wished he hadnt) lol

1. profile image0

Don't bet on it. You might wish just wish I had. Lol.

2. profile image0

Don't bug him. We don't know Nigerian conditions. smile

Oh , what are Nigerian conditions?

1. profile image0

He'll come back to give a more competent answer than I ever could. smile

Oh thought you knew something about Nigerian conditions?

2. My Inner Jew profile image60
      My Inner Jewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BOTH!!!! hahaha...one who can definitely be strong and protect me and who can also open up to his feelings...not all the time because i wouldn't be able to handle that...but when the occassion arises

3. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Neither, they're extremes on both sides of the scale. Personally, I think the whole idea of "macho" is completely outdated, immature, and microcephalic. Unfortunately, around here it seems that any males from high school through their 20s still think it's the way to go. Get a clue guys, most girls don't go for the bad hygiene, obsession with loud trucks and loud music, drinking, and short tempers. Yes, there are some out there, but they seem to be in the minority.

Loving, warm, and sensitive do not denote a sissy. It's when it's taken to the extreme and you have a guy that can't handle the trials of daily life because it's too much for his fragile emotions (no, I don't think this is acceptable in females either) and he becomes overly clingy that's a problem.

Personally, I found what is, in my opinion, the perfect balance. He's incredibly warm and affectionate, loves to cook, always takes out the trash and such without me ever having to ask. He does believe there is such a thing as "woman's work", in that women should only have to do the work they want to and should never have to handle disgusting stuff such as garbage or dirty toilets. He's not afraid to cry when he feels the need, though he doesn't make a habit of it, and always tries to identify emotions before expressing them (the typical "macho man" has difficulty with emotional honesty and is much more likely to express any negative emotion as anger). He keeps his temper in check and will do everything he can to avoid a fight and will be nice to anyone who lets him. On the other hand, he's perfectly capable of holding his own when the time for fighting comes.

Overall, I suppose my preference leans more toward the sensitive type than to the macho, because I really despise the macho posturing and self-centeredness. However, my ideal man is certainly not a sissy, though he loves nothing more than to cook me gourmet meals and hold me for hours on end.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

A gentleman, which means neither a "sissy" nor a "macho dude".

3. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

I like a guy who can go the distance in the bedroom. Is a little sensitive, but not too much that he can't handle Lillith. He has to match her intensity but know when to get out of the house when she's about to blow her top and needs space.  He has to pay most of the time. He has to know how to dance - waltz preferably.  He has to want to take out the garbage and mow the lawns and do odd jobs around the house.  He has to be half intelligent but not a know it all.  He has to be witty but not a smart ass sarcastic twit.  He must be able to be dominated in the bedroom as well as being tied to the bed posts.  He also has to be able to tie me to the bedposts - but geez it better be worth it!  I'm sure there's more, I'll have to come back to you later on this.

1. profile image51
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn I was getting ready to be tied to the bed until I read the "not a smart ass sarcastic twit" bit, oh well there goes my night smile

4. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Neither...smart, funny, a gentlemen, kind hearted, tough when needs to be and a great kisser.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Sissy or macho, only two choices? well presumming neither one
    of them is gay ,heres my idea ofchoice(s)

A Hunter ,gatherer,courier,partenar,

carpentar,mechanic,
    plumber,business man ,cowboy

displaying emotions of honesty,integrity sensitivety ,fun and kindness to the elderly ,babies and animals.

I dont want much at all   lol  lol

oh and yes I forgot to add ,when the woman says do these jeans make me look fat , lie guys , lie through your teeth!

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me!

6. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I like my guy to be a REAL MAN! 

-A real man has a strong work ethic and desire to take care of his family.  It is not 'beneath him' to do what needs to be done.

-A real man is honest and willing to keep his word, even when it is not to his liking.  He keeps his commitments.

-A real man knows when to stop.  Likewise, he knows when he needs to leave, so as not to lose control.

-A real man can hold his temper, but also knows when to fight.

-A real man loves deeply and wholeheartedly.

-A real man does not take advantage of another.

-A real man is an awesome lover, because he looks out for someone besides himself!

a real man is unselfish and that makes him sexy !

2. Laughing Mom profile image60
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.  That one.

3. Enelle Lamb profile image72
      Enelle Lambposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you got this right on the button...I couldn't have said it better

7. jasongifford83 profile image56
    jasongifford83posted 14 years ago

who cares? unfortunately for us humans addicted to stereotyping and categorizing, all kinds of guys get all kinds of girls... Its not about appealing to everyone of the opposite sex just the kind that will make you happiest.

Same with business. If your market is everyone your market is really no one. You've got to find your niche. Once you do that you'll start making a profit wink

1. profile image0

all your hubs are probably all based on business and market.

2. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you have to go and get all practical!

8. Eaglekiwi profile image75

cj..I might have wished you had fallen over me   lol you need to read my hub on luuurve...concentrated love

1. profile image0

You've got a great sense of humour, kiwi. I like that.

2. profile image0

You've got a great sense of humour, kiwi. I like that.

well with some guys ya damn need a sense of humor lol
        what did ya think of my hub ,cuz I missed your comment cj?

1. profile image0

I done better - just joined your fan club. I'm sure I'll enjoy your hubs. As for my comments...just you wait...(sinister laughter echoes)

9. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Neither. I admire a man of honor and faith, one who is creative, and compassionate, and can fix things;o)

10. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Fierycj.... shame I have a man already, as I think you would be perfect for me, always out there trying your best, despite rude people....... I love your hubs on Africa, make me wanna come and visit.....

11. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I like my men to be like Christoph Reilly.

12. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I love men in uniforms. Pilots, Policemen, Firemen, Doctors. They always seem in control and look LIKE MEN!!

13. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

One about 6ft tall, not hairy, nice teeth, cute buttocks, piercing eyes,in a Navy uniform, so next time it floods here he can come rescue me in style, bad, but not to me, sissy when I ask him for something.

14. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I'm flattered, Bren. You're so Sweet. Your hubby is definitely a lucky sonofagun, no doubt.

15. belief713 profile image61
    belief713posted 14 years ago

I like a challenge. I don't want a super sweet sensitive guy or someone who agrees with everything I say, but it's nice to be caring and considerate (and all that other sweet stuff most guys try to hide) ... very important - respectful. I'm also with Ivorwen on the real man stuff listed. I think some women are attracted to the macho tough guys because they feel protected with them. It really depends on the woman as we are all created unique.

16. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

In the Army, in the Navy, in the AirForce. YES!
    And Cowboys. Yes, i'm ancient.

17. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

My experience shows me that bi guys are the best of both worlds.

1. They can talk about their feelings - and they like to.
    2. They like to listen to me talk about my feelings.
    3. They are both manly and sensitive.
    4. They make EXCELLENT lovers - in part because of the good emotional connection, in part because of their sensitivity, and in part because to come out as bi you have to be comfortable with your sexuality.
    5. They don't have stereotyped role expectations.
    6. They kiss other guys in front of me (now THAT was an unexpected pleasure - who would have thought that was so hot?)
    7. It's like being able to have hot sex with your gay best friend.
    8. They are not all competitive and testosterone-driven around other men, the way straight guys can be, especially the "macho" ones.
    9. They remember your birthday, your anniversary, where you met, what you were wearing, what colours you like, and whether you get on with your sister's husband.
    10. They are great with kids, even if they have never been around them and don't think they "get" kids.

Of course, bi guys in many parts of the world are in denial, because of homophobia, and identify as straight, in which case some of these points won't apply.

But the out bi guys - they are the ones to go for, girls!

Jenny

1. kblover profile image84
      kbloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm...

1, 2 I can do

3 - I don't know what either of those adjectives means, if they even have a set definition, so I don't know if I'm either/both.

4 - Um...I just like the lady to enjoy herself - if that's "great" then it's me I guess.

5 - Check. There's no role - it's just get done what needs to get done.

6 - Well - I'm out.

7 - No idea.

8 - If I am playing a game, I play to win, even if it's for fun. If that makes me competitive-driven, I don't know, but if I'm playing Spades or such, I'm sure my partner doesn't want me to play to lose because "it's just a game".

9 - Yeah, just part of getting to know the lady, imo.

10 - I think kids are fascinating.

Does this mean I'm a bi-guy in denial? big_smile

Dang it - I'm all confused again. LOL. At least I know it's cool to be able to cook (though, that was on no-one's lists. Ut oh...) smile

18. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry...  I want to know the guy is more selective than that.  I wouldn't be ok with the "visual images" a bi-guy would conjur up for me; and I need to know that it is only my "feminine appeal" to which he was attracted.   I think bi people need other bi people, and everyone else needs someone who has "chosen a side".    smile

19. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Sissy guys over macho any day!

20. Eaglekiwi profile image75

A Man in Uniform I see...not a trash collector or Construction worker but a uniform of some authority , like an Officer , Law Enforcement, Pilot,Lawyer ....so to summize

A Man Wwho Knows what The Hell He's Doing and Not Afraid to Ask for Directions  lol

1. moposan profile image57
      moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"not a trash collector or Construction worker" Such a degrading attitude toward manual workers.Well that is not your fault .you are just a trashy product of current culture.

Ouch!!
        I take it that was a little close to the bone ,perhaps

That was close to the prevailing attitude in society.You are just a conformist-mob.

21. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

You want a man who will ASK FOR DIRECTIONS?

You be single long time, girlfriend ... even my bi guys don't do THAT!

Jenny

1. Jewels profile image83

So are you saying the guys you no don't like being given instructions?  Isn't their main aim to please a woman anyway?  Or do they think they know what to do and won't be told otherwise?

Lets get this out in the open. This is for scientific research of course. smile

1. Inspirepub profile image73
        Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, feedback in the bedroom, sure - I thought you meant "directions", you know, when you are driving somewhere you haven't been before ...

Jenny

1. Jewels profile image83

Well not to get toooo personal in the love nest, I was in one of those amazing experiences where I was about to go to the moon and the goof just couldn't control the launch pad, if you know what I mean.  So it's important to be able to take direction from time to time.

1. profile image0

Very well put.

2. Ivorwen profile image66

My man will.  big_smile

Yes Ma'am smile

3. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow.  Jenny has had 'bi guys?' I never had that!  wink

1. Inspirepub profile image73
        Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least five so far, that I know of - I haven't asked absolutely everyone their orientation, because I only cottoned on to the correlation after a while.

Jenny

22. moposan profile image57
    moposanposted 14 years ago

probably that is why we have underpaid professions and vanishing middle class.

23. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Really none of the above.  Attractive, intelligent, confident, 'nice' build--athletic--would describe it.  'Sensitive' sounds skinny and given to fits of the 'vapors,' lol, or something, and 'macho' sounds like a wife-beater from a South American country (from the term 'machismo').  smile

24. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Actually Im laughing my head off ...
    An Intelligent Man is truly attractive, not to be confused with an educated man , they are not necessarily the same.

( the labourer guy could always swap his neon safety vest for a officers uniform ,when he gets home)..lol

1. profile image0

Very true on the education/intelligence dichotomy, eaglekiwi.  smile

My dad was a laborer-guy for much of his life--always an intelligent man, too.

(Don't worry--that person follows everyone making disparaging remarks.)

Don't worry I didn't forget about you and your disparaging behaviour.wink

1. profile image0

That's ridiculous.  And not that intelligent, or manipulative, either wink

BTW, as intelligence rises, the need to manipulate goes down.  People on an equal playing field don't need games (except the intriguing, fun ones).  wink

2. moposan profile image57

agreed.well probably shouldnt have blamed your sexual preferences. Just felt a bit upset for the labourers as I think there is no bad work-that is all in our mind.you some how reminded me of general degrading attitude towards manual work.By the way I have noticed in Australia such work is quite appreciated what about NZ?
        And yes intelligence is sexy for intelligent.

25. moposan profile image57

Eaglekiwi
    But would you handle a guy too intelligent to manipulate?wink

Hard to say , I havent met one yet lol

I suppose your husband is just intelligent enough for you to be aroused.wink

26. moposan profile image57

Agreed.no psychological games between people=mature relationship.

27. moposan profile image57

And by intriguing ,did you mean sexual or jealousy games?

1. profile image0

I not into disruptive, negative jealousy, wink.  (Although recognizing a little jealousy surrounding your mate--when understood for what it is--is actually flattering--even, wink, intriguing.)

So I guess you do play jealousy games to make your guy  appreciate you more?

1. profile image0

Nope.  Don't need to 'play games.'

What I'm saying is that is a natural thing to be a little jealous--for BOTH partners.  If you realize it's part of a certain reaction, it can even be a little sexy--making it attractive...
          (I don't usually spell sex stuff out sooo much, cuz its better to be a little more subtle, but since you ask and assume things as usual--there ya go, smile)

So, to turn it around with the semi-rude questions--  Do you have issues with women?

All you are saying about jealousy is well understood.All I wanted as usually is answer, but you, as usually, made another well performed self psycho-analysis;)I appreciate your aspiration for self-knowledge.Perceive others through yourself.
            Issues?- Not more than with any other gender.

1. profile image0

wink So, you're saying you don't know your questions are rude?

28. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I think it is all about balance.

Protective but not crazy jealous and controlling & kind and sweet but not a pussy

Basically respectful.

29. moposan profile image57

and if so that is pure manipulation.

30. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

You're supposed to get a little jealous, otherwise you just don't care. It is manipulation on either part, it is just human emotion.

31. moposan profile image57

well in context of the topic and even out of it I don't consider my questions to be rude

32. moposan profile image57

Lita- If it is not rude to ask, why did you move from NYC?

1. nyliram profile image58
      nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this from old fashioned picture I liked the mustache. But I probably have spelt wrong. I have been in an old Homestead and there were many people and their photos all look like you Avator shot. Maybe just Mustache.

Is it chilly in winter(in our summer) in NZ?

1. nyliram profile image58

Yes it cold at moment, but today have been rain after rain.

33. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Oh, no--do I know you from a former life? wink

Lost my job in the 9/11 economic aftermath and felt it would not get better. Also felt the guy I was with at the time would be better off for his medical career elsewhere...

And if it is not rude to ask, smile, are you foreign born?

1. profile image0

He's probably stalking you, Lita. Watch it. Lol. (evil theme song plays in the background)

34. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Once knew a Macho dude
    Too afraid afraid to try new food
    He looked all manly and talked ruf ruf
    But secretly underneath he wanted mothers love smile

1. profile image0

That sounds like most macho dudes, if you ask me.

35. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Being Winter in the Southern Hemisphere right now, I can assume its chilly now in NZ.

You assume?I thought u lived there so u should know exactly how it is ,preferably in details;)

No it you who assumed I lived there (you know what they say about assume?)
        I was born there and 100% Kiwi ,but I am not living there ,hence my statement smile
        In fact it was 91F here today ,hot n humid

humid is not a good part.Any big water near by to have a swim?

Im not sure where the nearest lakes or rivers are yet , but chances are it will be a bit further than I am prepared to walk. smile

In my vision  kiwi people are supposed to like living as close to the ocean as possible.

You have remarkable vision I concede, this Kiwi also is patient smile good things come to those who wait ,even marine babies.

2. nyliram profile image58

Hi Eag it is totally freezing in the land of the long white cloud. But my burkah is keeping me  warm.

36. Eaglekiwi profile image75

And that concludes the weather report smile

37. Burwood profile image60
    Burwoodposted 14 years ago

they prefer me

1. Ivorwen profile image66

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)