Hub window will not advance using the arrow.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. monkeyminds profile image48
    monkeymindsposted 11 years ago

I have more Hubs than what can fit in the window. Why won't the arrows work? I have to use 'more' to see other Hubs.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@monkeyminds

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

Can you provide some details so we can track down any potential issues?

1. Is this related to a specific page, the feed, or another section of the site?

2. Can you provide a URL where you are seeing the issues (eg http://hubpages.com/address-goes-here)?

3. Did the issues occur with Firefox and no other browser?

4. Can you provide a screenshot of the problem?
           Screenshot instructions can be found in this Bug report FAQ:
           http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

2. monkeyminds profile image48

HI Matt: Thanx for the response.

It just started happening recently. I have the latest v of Firefox.

I have cleared my cache.

It happens with all Hubs

(Like the ones seen in my profile here:
    http://monkeyminds.hubpages.com/#

When I click on the arrows of another person's Hubpage, where the window is lower than what you see on my profile page, I am returned to the top of the page.

Thanx!

Here is a screendump as requested:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6817757_f248.jpg

3. monkeyminds profile image48

Matt:

I also am unable to start a new Hub.

No matter the content, address, category, etc. It returns me to the top of the page with empty fields.

All this happened after I closed a page during editing one of my hubs.
    I was able to clear up another problem by clearing my cache (being unable to exit edit mode). Maybe the problems are related?

Thanx!
    Jeff

Jeff,

I was unable to reproduce the issue in Firefox 13 in XP, Windows 7, nor OS X 10.7.4

I think this issue may have been fixed by an update we put out today that addressed some formatting issues in Firefox 13.

Please let us know if you have any other issues or concerns.

4. monkeyminds profile image48

No, didn't fix the problem. Still can't use the arrows to advance through Hubs.  I can not create new Hubs either. Also, my browser gwets hung up and then this message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://inline.admedia.com/?id=ODgrOSQ&a … t=false:94

Problems exist in Windows Explorer as well.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for your continued problems using the site.

It looks like that script is related to an ad from one of our ad partners.

You stated you are seeing the problem in Internet Explorer and Firefox, correct?

The first thing is to clear your browser cache.
      Clearing cache in Firefox:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#firefoxcache

This could also be related to your machine running tight on resources (RAM perhaps).

Try these steps after clearing your browser cache:

1. Reboot your computer
      2. After reboot, close all other programs and only launch Firefox
      3. Open Hubpages.com in one browser tab with no other websites open.

Does the issue still persist?

If so, do you know how much RAM (memory) your system has?

How to determine how much RAM you have in Windows:
      http://kb.iu.edu/data/agmq.html

Hopefully we can get you up and writing soon!

5. monkeyminds profile image48

On my laptop, which uses Firefox, all issues are resolved. No busy script, arrows advance Hubs and I even created a New Hub,

The problem appears to be with Windows XP(I am guessing). Please advise st your convenience.

6. monkeyminds profile image48

992 MB RAM.

Cache dump doesn't help.

Problem exits in Firefox and Explorer on XP system. No probs with Win 7 system.

I have gotten a message from time to time telling me  that Firefox is low on memory. I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanx!

Yep,

Sadly, 992MB isn't that much RAM anymore (my first computer in college only had an 85MB hard drive).

If the laptop is old enough that it shipped with XP, then it may have limited memory expansion options.

That being said, I would upgrade it to the maximum that the laptop supports.
      Even 512MB more RAM in XP has a big impact on performance.

http://www.crucial.com has good guides for most systems that will let you know the max allowed and costs for available RAM upgrades.

Hope that helps!

7. monkeyminds profile image48

Well, that was the Desktop system with the 992MB RAM...The CPU usage is only 577 according to my resource manager (on the system I WAS having trouble with!).

I set Firefox cache  (from 1224) to 992, to see if that would help. I also removed and/or disabled a few Firefox add-ons. Then rebooted and cleared my cache again and no problems.

Thanx!

PS: I had an Atari and A Mac 40CX with 1 MB RAM and a 4o MB HD! Those were the daysof using virtual RAMS!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)