Do you think this is really a UFO on the bottom of the Baltic Sea?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (43 posts)
  1. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Supposedly looks like the Millennium Falcon and can switch you mobile phone off?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … -200m.html

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So that's where I left the thing... Thanks, CMHypno. My insurance company will be pleased. big_smile

CMHypnoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hope it still starts after being immersed in sea water for so long paradigmsearch smile

I just found the remote. We will find that out right now.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could be anything? The pictures with the rocks bought to mind the movie Cocoon. The non sonar picture of the object bought to mind a crab that might be millions of years old all crustified or whatever happens when you've been there for that long. Crabs make tracks too.

Does sonar have the ability to draw pictures?

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
        DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there is a 3D sonar that "draws" pictures...

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Wow cool.

1. needmoretime profile image59
            needmoretimeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Technology has eluded my understanding once again. How do they do it?

Maybe lots of sound rays bouncing off an object all it once giving a computer height width breadth impression in 3d... Can you tell I don't know lol.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
                DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Similar to a 3D untrasound.

No idea what that does either? Sounds technical and it fascinates me how they invent these things!

3. needmoretime profile image59
      needmoretimeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That could very well be a sub-oceanic mountain range.

4. Jane Bovary profile image84
      Jane Bovaryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if the Daily Mail realises the Star Wars ship is not a real spacecraft? Lol. That *the thing at the bottom of the sea* resembles it (or not) is not much more significant than if it resembled Donald Duck.

5. profile image51
      jah1zposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We get a clear image of the rocks on the grounds but no clear image/picture of the object itself. Interesting. If everything shuts off when directly above it, how come the cameramen didn't go to the side of it at the 200 meter distance and click some clear images of the thing?

Just a bunch black and white...or grayed image out of focus but a beautiful shot at the rocks in a c-circle with vivid details. Smh.

What is Smh? Still haven't figured it out?

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I don't know. And don't presently care. hmm

I've more pressing issues to deal with already than to start taking flyers on what they supposedly think is there.

When they bring it up, like a sunken ship, then just maybe they'll actually figure out what it is. Until then, not interested.

3. cryptid profile image96
    cryptidposted 11 years ago

Interesting. This reminds me vaguely of the Michael Crichton novel Sphere.  I hope this story ends better than the novel.  Or any of his novels.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Isn't the Daily Mail Britian's version of The National Enquirer? There's something there, but calling it a UFO is a bit of a stretch.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/29/article-2093279-118114A7000005DC-598_472x368.jpg
      The handout pic matches the one in my wallet. It's mine. Darn thing wont start though...

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd disengage the cloaking device on mine long enough to give you a jump, but I don't want to give the Daily Mail free pictures.

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd suggest some new plug wires.  If it still doesn't start put in a new flux capacitor.

5. ledefensetech profile image67
    ledefensetechposted 11 years ago

I'm not too concerned about it.  Now if it turns out to be a sunken ancient city that has strange angles, then yes I might be a bit more concerned.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

My money is on it being a rock with some metal ore content, and no more.

Might have my crab in it.

7. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

It's a USO- Unidentified Submersible Object, and is extremely intriguing to many, guaranteed.

8. moonlake profile image81
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what it is.

9. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

If there was anything remotely unworldly about this thing some military--probably ours among a few others--would have already closed the site off to any private investigation.  That's the way we roll!  cool

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6812619.jpg

1. profile image0
      captainradonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If it was an ET, this case is unlikely to become another Roswell, as thanks to the Internet's ability to get the message out to the world before the Military had time to declare it was a downed weather balloon.

10. hazelwood4 profile image66
    hazelwood4posted 11 years ago

Aww, very interesting question!  I have seen some of the images of the object, and it really does look like the Millenium Falcon.  I have heard though it might be the top of an old battle ship that has been sunk too.  I can't wait to find out the answer though!

11. Randy Godwin profile image59

According to the article, they have been planning to start developing more undersea excursions for tourists before this object was discovered .  They plan on using a sub to let tourists visit the object at a future date.  Sounds a bit "fishy" to me for someone to find this thing at this time.  Good PR and all that.  smile

CMHypnoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well we've already got the Harry Potter Experience here in Watford, so maybe its going to be the Star Wars Experience in the Baltic Sea?

1. hazelwood4 profile image66
        hazelwood4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

12. Randy Godwin profile image59

So long JP!  lol

13. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

It think this is awesome information. I would like to see what it is.  Maybe an old shipwreck or outcropping of rocks. Who knows?

Interesting and worth keeping up with.

14. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

My money's on it being a promo for Sponge Bob's new Mr Whippy franchise! big_smile

I finally got the bright idea of replacing the batteries in my remote. The thing started right up! Stay tuned...

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cool... I'll order a Lemon/Lime Slushie then... easy on the salt! smile

15. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

http://wsx.lanl.gov/images/Bakerc.gif
    Oops! Nevermind...

16. Pearldiver profile image68

Bugger!! sad

Is Sponge Bob okay then?

17. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 11 years ago

Perhaps someone wants to go drilling for oil and gas, and cannot get a permit. This unusual activity often masks other kinds of activity, and helps to "explain" if passers-by, or local nations in the vicinity get curious, and think of claiming it as theirs. Lots of news stories are planted by companies and vested interests. Pawning the story off as a ufo news story might make people think the activity (which costs millions of dollars) is just idle explorers looking for ufos. Very Rich Privately Independent UFO watchers I think... LOL.

18. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 11 years ago

... and who uses a mobile phone at that depth? And why? There are no signals. This information is just making me even more suspicious that it is all a planted story, and either covering up something, or a cock and bull story. But a nice forum thread. smile

19. Pearldiver profile image68

Has anyone seen Sponge Bob 'floating' around???  sad

And I've always been suspicious of mobile phones in 'deep' vibrate mode! sad

20. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Really? lol

65 percent of Americans say Obama better suited to handle alien invasion than Romney

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sixt … 43465.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)