Do You Fear Death

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (49 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Do You fear that you would be dead one day?

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those who fear death must believe in an afterlife as a reward for living a good life and have a few doubts about their report card.

I do not fear death. I believe that when I am dead, I am dead, end of story. Death is nothingness and to fear nothing would be an complete waste of the time you get to live. So is devoting your life to pointing out to everyone and his brother that they dont live up to the same ideals you are incapable of living up to.

I can't help but wonder if some don't feel that if they can point out enough of the failings of other people, their short coming will be ignored.

1. perfectperception profile image60
        perfectperceptionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not at all!

1. profile image52
          frankiemuniz01posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why we live in this universe.

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
        Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not fear death ...

For I am to live for The Ordained duration of my worldly life, and then very certainly, I am to die one day ... though I do not know the day, or the moment, or how ... but I know, I will die ... not a moment before, nor a moment after ... but "at" The Ordained Moment.

The Glorious Koran States:

"All born, must Taste death "...

Thus, Death, Is The Law, that Governs all Life ... hence, the only certainty in this worldly life ... everything else is relative. Because, we have been Granted the Will and the Power, to Do, and Believe, exactly as we Please, and He hath Shown us The Right Way of living our worldly Life.

In True Belief ... we Know The Existential's Reality.

Whereas Fear ... my friend, is the name of  a "mental state" or our disposition's Orientation ... Fear is the way of the Unjust; and the ignorants ... but it is  Normal, to Fear the Unknown ... a person, state, thing, or an eventuality ...

When we do not know ... meaning, indulge in the ignorance of denying Truth, we tend to be Fearful. But ... those who Believe In The Word of God, know, "we" do not come to an end with our worldly Death ... we enter the Domain Eternal, of God.

May The Merciful, The Beneficent, God, Grant us, His Created, Guidance, The Leave to Repent, and mend our Ways, then Grant us,
        a Peaceful end, of His Ordained, worldly life, and Resurrect us, unto His Eternally Glorious Presence, in Peace and Happiness. Amen.

3. solar10 profile image61
        solar10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some time yes, I do not know why

2. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years ago

No, but I do think about how I will die ... when the time comes. Hope it's not a painful death.

3. slc334 profile image40
      slc334posted 13 years ago

Yeah, reeeeaaaaally don't want to die painfully.  I'm not scared of dying though, I am fascinated by what's next.  I can't believe that we're not around for billions of years, then we are for <100, then we're not again for the rest of existance.  There's gotta be something else, and I bet it's as awesome as this!

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've often thought about that, too.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I bet we are all in for a surprise for what comes next! Wouldn't be much of a surprise if it isn't a surprise wink

4. KristenGrace profile image61
      KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Not really. 

I'm more upset over having to lose a loved one while I'm still alive.

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

me too. I'm far more afraid of being left behind.

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me three smile

5. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I don't fear Mr. Death, but I enjoy my life far too much to go out quietly, that's for sure. When Death comes-a-knockin' at my door, he will find me ready for a fight and he'll have to drag me kicking and screaming all the way to the afterlife!

6. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

this is the politics forum.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Politics and Social Issues.

Is not our attitude regarding death a social issue?

7. Extinct Soul profile image60
      Extinct Soulposted 13 years ago

Nope. I'm fine with it. I'm more afraid of a long life, specially now that this world is getting seriously infected by  heartless people and demoralization.

8. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years ago

No gettin around it. Quite frankly I think some people fear life.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't fear death, but sometimes get pretty shaky doing comedy on stage.

9. mylife=adventure profile image59
      mylife=adventureposted 13 years ago

I have been diagnosed with chronic insomnia and parasomnia which pretty much means I have Night Terrors almost every night in which I never sleep. In some of these  night terrors I do die and it always seems more peaceful to me than anything else. Not that I'm suicidal at all but it makes me not fear it but embrace the fact that one day I will peacefully take my leave from this planet Earth to a better place where ever that may be.

I had a near death experience, that’s why I know I don't fear death.

I could lose any part of my body except my brain, I would rather die than to be part of someone vegetable garden.

mylife, can or will your insomnia get better?

1. mylife=adventure profile image59
          mylife=adventureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to take anxiety medications and they have me on constant Valium supply. I try to meditate and try to calm my self down at nights but they said it might be something I have to live with the rest of my life...I've come to the realization that it's a part of who I am though so I don't get down about it or feel like I am truly disabled or crazy in any sort of way.

But there's always hope that eventually the Insomnia will go away. Slim chance but hope is what keeps life going everyday for everyone anyway right?

10. bojanglesk8 profile image60
      bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

A little bit.

11. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years ago

I don't really fear death, but I do worry about dying. You know, am I gonna suffer? Will it be long and drawn out?

habee

It's natural to be happy, I wish you more happiness and less suffering

12. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years ago

I fear nothing but 'the block', which thing I have never had, yit. Oh, and my wife. tongue

13. WalterDamage profile image60
      WalterDamageposted 13 years ago

Nope, no fear, but like many others, I kinda wonder about the manner by which it may occur.

It may sound weird, but if I had to pick a way to go out besides the peaceful-in-my-sleep, it would be in a plane crash.  I've always had a morbid curiosity as to what those final moments are like.

Told you it was weird....

14. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...no fear....hope i'm havin' fun at the time....yeehaw! and then lites out!......and then my party starts....  big_smile

There are about 10% of people who are fearless, I'm one of them. Fear is a matter of understanding or acceptance of what is, is in time

15. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Do you fear death? No.

16. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 13 years ago

No.  Why, am I supposed to?  huh.  The process of death sounds scary though....

1. camlo profile image83

Yes, I feel that, too.
        I think, but obviously don't know, that death itself is a state of 'nothingness', so to speak, so why should I be scared of nothing?

1. Rafini profile image81
          Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly!  smile big_smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

The number one fear in America is public speaking over death and after life

It makes you wonder why the super power of Global public opinion is so suppressed, as we are blinded by the other super power of the Military Complex and the rich man’s media.

3. profile image0
          Muldanianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is the nothing that scares me.  Rather any kind of something than nothing.

1. camlo profile image83

Were you ever under general anesthesia? When you awake you don't remember anything, not even a dream. That's how I think it is, except you never wake up.
            Do we dream when under anesthesia? Wonder if anyone knows.

1. Rafini profile image81
              Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so - I think that's why anesthesia is considered dangerous.  It's a forced comatose.  I noticed when I had surgery and woke up, I felt like I was dreaming when I heard someone calling my name and telling me it was time to wake up.

17. profile image0
      Muldanianposted 13 years ago

Terrified of it, but there's nothing to be done about it.  I just have to let those moments in the middle of the night when the realisation of my mortality becomes overwhelming wash over me, and then try hard not to think about it.

1. camlo profile image83

I would have that terrifying thought, too; until I was in my late teens or early twenties. It was the fact that everyone has to die, including me. Absolutely no choice. The thought even caused panic sensations - NO, NO, NO, that can't possibly happen to me!
        Well, now I know it's not really worth thinking or worrying about, because it will happen, anyway, no matter what.

18. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years ago

1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

19. Soquira profile image60
      Soquiraposted 13 years ago

I don't particularly fear death itself. It's more of the manner of it that bothers - I'm not too keen on the idea of a painful death - and the timing is another factor. I'd like to live my life as long as possible - or at least long enough that I could die satisfied.

20. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 13 years ago

Nope - actually lookin forward to gettin out of this hell they call life smile I live by my morals of don't cheat steal or lie , two wrongs don't make a right and - like the county song goes - you got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything stand up for yourself but don't hurt others - leaving this world dosn't scare me one bit smile

Most religious people believe in Hell and most believe most of Us will end up there. If I did believe in the concept of Hell and thought it was real, how could I not be very afraid?

1. starme77 profile image76
          starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess if you haven't been a rotten person - then you wouldn't be afraid smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Starme, if there was a like *button*, I would have applied it to your post. smile big_smile

1. starme77 profile image76
          starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

21. NateSean profile image66
      NateSeanposted 13 years ago

Yeah. Terrified of it in fact.

Life sucks a good deal of the time but I still enjoy it.

So while it's not a "crippling" fear it is still a fear I deal with every day. Just like the fear that Pauly Shore is planning on a return to the silver screen. Again, it's a fear that haunts me but doesn't keep me from living.

22. Taleb80 profile image79
      Taleb80posted 13 years ago

What do we feel when we are preparing to meet someone we love & we know that we have did something wrong towards him?
      I think we fear!!

23. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Not really.   Death is a fact of life.   As one gets older, life become shorter and shorter in spans.   Yesterday, I was nineteen and now I am fifty-seven.   Time flies in a microsecond.  The next thing I know I will be old and near death.......oh, well!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)