What would the world be like without religion?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (58 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mariexotoniposted 11 years ago

I am an atheist surrounded by family and friends who practice Christianity.

A lot of atheists say that the world would be a better place without religion.. I can understand why they say that. But, for some people- I feel like they need religion for their own sanity/happiness. It has been around for so long that it has to be beneficial.. right?- or else, why would people keep it? Or is it something people psychologically can't shake because they've been around it so much- simply because it's part of their culture and therefore makes up who they are?

Maybe my question should be, if people could live without religion, would the world be a better place? Or would humanity be worse off?

I have no idea what to think.. =/ mind is boggled

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The World would be better off without predominant Religion power running most things.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The situation is when these sheeple gather every Sunday to get their weekly dose of BS from some of these poorly educated, control-freak pastures that preach everything but love thy neighbor, peace, and tolerence. These pature/control freaks know the technique of keeping their flock in line. Lie to the flock over and over and eventually they will believe anything that is told to them without question. Throwing in a few threats of going to hell seems to help. With this brainwashing, it starts to effect other people who have half a brain.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nothing wrong with religion...As long as it is kept only in the church and/or your own home.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But this does away with the "persecution complex."  This is the driving force for many to actually believe they are "spreading the good word" correctly.  smile

It is important for many to convince others THEY are right about certain religious beliefs. 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6812619.jpg

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
          DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, this is all to true....

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
      schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you can't live without religion because if humans always wanted it, they always will.

4. FF Commish profile image74
      FF Commishposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe that we often blame (or credit) religion when it's not due.  Religion is not inherently good or bad, moral or immoral.  It is how we as people take in and apply religious teachings, laws and ideologies that impacts the world.  We tend to suggest that religion is bad (or good) when we should really be discussing how we as people apply religious principles and/or choose to live without them.

1. ledefensetech profile image68
        ledefensetechposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. What most people who engage in these conversations don't understand is that people, individuals are who were important. It is an individual who either lives according to their suppose it believes or does not. To sit there and judge an entire group of people by the actions of one or two people is insane.  Especially when you have people who claim to be one thing but by their actions prove they are not.

5. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a BELIEF in something greater than ME. I don't consider it a *RELIGION*. For me, it is a way of life. It is the mindset on how I treat others. There are many "religions*. Which one are you referring too?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
        Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@ diyomarpandan,

I was raised in the *Chatholic religion* and stopped when the Priests started to molest children.. *Baptist Religion*, I couldn't dance at the prom.
        The *Pentacostal Religion* I couldn't wear jeans or make up and was forced to sit through folks talking out of their minds in some made up language.  Then the thought of *going to a church with the people sitting in the pews thinking about everything but what the preacher is saying. Collecting money to *fatten their wallets*, while they *judge* you for not waring the 2 thousand dollar Rolex watch the wife gave as a gift.

My BELIEF is "to do unto others, as I would want done unto me". Pray for those that hurt me. Not give an ounce of mental energy to those who wish to defy me by their random opinions. To love completly and live an honorable life. smile

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awww... the world would be full of hissing little snakes.. SSSSSS...SSShooo...

Careful, Witch Hazel!  Now you're getting personal! tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. profile image0
            diyomarpandanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's not a signature. There's no way to put a signature on HubPages forums.

Just because he puts the same mark/photo at the end of all his posts doesn't make it a signature. It's not the same thing.

1. profile image0

Deleted

See it as a personal trademark more than a signature. To put a signature would require specific program of HubPages Forums, which apparently has been deemed unnecessary by the engineers.

Which would led me to understand that signature links are harmful more than helpful, which is why they excluded them.

2. Randy Godwin profile image62

Thanks for the warning, Diyo.  But believe me, I converse with staff frequently and we've had a few words concerning my snake motif before.  Of course, they may tell me not to use it if they so choose because they can.

Actually, using such a colorful motif makes it really easy to scan a forum page and find my own previous posts and those quoting me. Just glace back though a thread I've posted on and see what I mean.  smile

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
            FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what the world would be like without religion, but the HubPages forums would certainly be quieter...

3. profile image0
            Elizabeth Dorssomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the world would be better without religion. I love to refer to the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. "Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try...no hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people living life in peace." Obviously the rest of the song can be quoted in this instance as well, so if you are unfamiliar with the lyrics feel free to look them up online. Anyways, essentially Lennon states that if there was no heaven or hell, then everyone could live life in peace. Many of the wars we have fought were due to religious differences. So someone believes different than us, who cares? Just leave them alone and maybe they would leave us alone!!
            One does not need religion to be a good person and to learn morality. Check out the Secular Humanist movement. There are thousands, maybe even more, people who do not believe in God and are still good people. Religion only teaches hate, in fact I was bullied by many Christian kids in school. Religion teaches that women are inferior to men and that homosexuals cannot get married. So much for teaching morality? The bible also says you can stone your wife and sell your daughters into slavery. Religion causes too much harm and I refuse be part of a institution that advocates for so much hate.

2. jadesmg profile image83
          jadesmgposted 11 years ago

Religion is a predominant feature of the whole human race really, you'd find it difficult to find any society in human history which has existed and thrived without religion.
          Many claim it to be the foundation of wars and such but really thats politics, religion can be quite adaptable. Generally religion is there with the purpose of providing a moral structure and giving people a reason to follow it's behavioural guidelines. Generally religion focuses on being kind to people and generour and charitable.
          Its never religion in itself which has caused problems, it's people using religion to meet their own ends.
          I dont claim religion to be perfect, especially as it does seem to be very strictly unalterable to conform to new ideas and new opinions within the society which it exists, for example gay rights are a heavy issue, as is often womens rights.
          But despite this religion in itself is not the cause, people can alter religion and place new emphases on parts of it and stuff...
          Not sure, not religious myself. But would definetly not say that religion in itself is to balme, it is much more complex than that and it is a little arrogant, if not plain lazy, to write off problems in the world as a result of people's beliefs. (although I agree they are not perfect).

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"What would the world be like without religion?"

It would be the best of times... It would be the worst of times...

No Jehovah Witnesses or Mormons knocking on the door?  Sounds good to me!  smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6812619.jpg

1. profile image0

Deleted

Both are of the same drawing Ewbie did for me. I just changed the contrast a bit.  smile

4. mr williams profile image59
          mr williamsposted 11 years ago

No war causing debates because no one would be aligned to oppose other beliefs. It would be "civilization"

5. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Quiet...so quiet we could hear the wind. No equationism/sensationalism {because both are religion itself, unified and religion divided}. Ah, the thought of peace and quiet...

Without religion would be without life as well. Life IS a religion. lol

Without any form of religion whatsoever, James would be right. It would be quiet, it would be so quiet only the animals kingdom would hear anything or everything.

1. jacharless profile image74
              jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice, huh? Kickin` it under a shady tree, listening to the real world. I like it. big_smile

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Okay, just to let you know, I think you misunderstood the post that you stripped out that little sentence you snipped from my post. Which is why your comment was so funny. After which, I did a facepalm(both hands). hmm

6. Bard of Ely profile image79
          Bard of Elyposted 11 years ago

Personally I think it would be a far saner world. I believe in God and spirit but not in religions and their dogma.

Do you think there is a spiritual age slowly coming?

7. SpanStar profile image61
          SpanStarposted 11 years ago

Think of it this way-What would the world be like would outlaw?

Huh?

8. ledefensetech profile image68
          ledefensetechposted 11 years ago

It might sound like a good idea except for several reasons.  One religion is a subset of philosophy which is a subset of human knowledge.  Any time you try to limit human knowledge, bad things happen.  Religion specifically asks the question "Is there anything more than us, and if who what is it?".  It also asks the question "What is the best way to live with one another?".  Humanity is in trouble if we ever stop asking those questions. 

Second, a belief in atheism is not necessarily an indicator that you will treat people in a just and humane manner.  Atheists like to bring up religious wars and things like the Burning Times as reasons to despise religion, while at the same time ignoring the atrocities committed by atheists; namely things like the Gulag Archipelago, Holocaust and mass starvation of the Holdomor and Killing Fields.  All of this was due to the supposedly "scientific" methodology of Communism. 

Third, believers tend to think that there is something bigger than themselves and more likely than not they will be judged for their actions at the end of their life.  While it's entirely possible that you have believers who are arrogant enough to think that what they believe and not how they act is all that matters; in reality most believers moderate their behavior due to their belief in judgement.  This tends to carry over into interpersonal relationships and gives believers an incentive to act in a just manner.  Atheists, I've found, have a much harder time not only stating what they believe, but also difficulty describing why what they believe to be correct.

First, ledefensetech
            Ancient Religious people feared God, Satan and hard question like Dinosaurs, gays, sex, or about other Gods and the huge list goes on. Many of my hard question are answered with -”You got to have faith”
            What a hassle to get a straight answer.

Second
            The 3% of Atheist of this world today, will never come close to compared with the 5000 years of Religious war history, one after another and imprison so many people. Germany was a religious country and Hitler was born and died a Catholic , The Nazi (not communist Nazis) killed 20 million Russians , not to mention Jews, gays and etc... in the name of God, “God is with US” and don't get me started about the concept Hell.

Third
            I'm not an Atheist, and the third statement is meaningless .

1. ledefensetech profile image68

First, you're incorrect.  Prior to the Enlightenment and the adoption of reason by the West, people ascribed natural events like lightning, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. to either spirits, gods or God; depending on the time and place you're looking at.  Heck there are some places where they still do that today. I'd like to think that we're come a long way since the 18th century.  You might have gotten the "You have to have faith" answer from many people, but many people are intellectually lazy.

Two, even a cursory examination of military history will show that most wars are fought over territory and the ability to extort money from the population, not religion.  Religion only comes into war when you try to use propaganda on your population to fight your "enemy", or when the religion in question begins acting like a temporal ruler and not a spiritual one.  Hitler may have been born a Christian but that didn't stop him from trying to stamp out Christianity in Germany and replace it with a psuedo-Nordic religion. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_ … nder_Sorge

The Communists meanwhile were as atheist as the come.  The GULAG system alone killed about 1.6 million people.  That doesn't even look at the mass starvation of the Ukraine and Russia in 1920, or the purges Stalin put the country through.  Even that's only a drop in the bucket compared to the death toll in China.  Between their version of the GULAG, the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution, tens of millions more died. 

Given the fact that prior to 1830 we had less than a billion people on the planet, I find it hard to believe that religious wars (which were far less common than you seem to believe) killed more than the insanity that occurred in the last century.

You really need to question the assumption you're working under.  I don't think you know what you think you know.

View the whole history mankind, about 100 billion people have lived and died on this planet earth. How much history has been recorded about Atheist and how do you compare 3% atheist population of today compared to 85-90% religion population of today?, At no time in History have Atheist out numbered the Religious population or come close,

I dare you -to go up to an atheist face to face and tell them or each one of them that they are 30 time more deadlier or likely to kill someone than you are. They may beat your brains into the ground by words but highly unlikely by physical force

Did the church forgot to cancel Hitler's Catholic membership?

Hitler clearly stated his aim was to stamp out Gays, Jews and Atheist.Then why would Hitler stamp out Christian Germans who went along with his idea?

2. ledefensetech profile image68

I do, all the time.  The problem with atheism is that there is no real way to say what is right and what is wrong.  Try it.  Ask them.  Like it or not morality, right and wrong, is transmitted through religion.  That's its function in human society.  Sometimes it's done right and sometimes it's done wrong, but that is how it's done.  Show me another way to transmit morality from generation to generation.

diyo, it's not strength , many people hold beliefs that differ from their parents.  Just ask any rebellious teen how much in common they have with their parents.

People in general know from what is right from wrong, that is why we have a consensus that works out rules and laws. Too many nonsense laws from ancient time, do not apply to our higher consciousnesses level of today. So in order that predominate religious countries  make most wars and prisons than any other groups. So Religious people who are in authority kill more people than the criminal do, Then even after all that most Religious people believe most people will go to hell to be punished (torture for eternity) far worst than the sin or crime they committed, fine all loving God you got there.

Atheist per ca-pita commit less crimes than Christian do in American of persons convicted into jails. Only look at predominate Christian  Americas for example for war and prison records compared to the rest of the world. No wonder they think there is Sodom and Gomorrah second coming is near, self prophecy

2. Randy Godwin profile image62

lol  So you are saying there's no way to differentiate between right and wrong without religion?  Some religions believed in sacrificing other humans during religious rites, while others can decide if a man may have multiple wives or take children as wives,

Dancing may be considered a sin as well as having one's photo taken.  All sorts of religious beliefs are silly and you saying morality would be missing without superstitious beliefs is completely laughable.

Without having basic rules to maintain peace in tribal situations early man could not have lived in groups at all without constant strife among it's people.  All ancient cultures had the same rules as in the 10 commandments without needing an old book to tell them what was right or wrong. 

Religion is merely superstition for those not capable of accepting reality on its own. Thunder, lightning, wind along with many other natural events were once thought to be caused by some god or another.  Do you still believe they are messages of displeasure by some invisible being?  roll

Randy

I don't know about All ancient cultures had the same rules as in the 10 commandments without needing an old book to tell them what was right or wrong. 

For example

Rules and laws like must take the off day on Sunday (or was that Saturday) OR the law where "there will be no other God before me" and a few other commandments bending people into their kind of band of slavery and who is the same as Muslim, axial of evil?

I understand your point, CP.  As I stated, the "basic" laws of "Thou shalt not steal" and "Thou shalt not kill" among others are in most ancient tribal rules.  Actually, the 10 commandments are a bit redundant as some cover others in the list.  Those you mention are simply offshoots of the particular cult using religion as a basis for keeping peace in the tribe or community.

Many of the ancient cults had similar rules particular to their favored gods.

2. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Without religion, we would have a few less words in the dictionary. Other than that, history would have seen about the same level of conflict and discord. Unless, anyone has evidence that there is something unique in religion itself that causes humans to show evidence of greed, selfishness,  violence and a general disregard for the needs of others. I think, we'll always find a way to justify putting our wants before the needs of others. Religion has simply been used as a weapon in a limitless arsenal.

3. jadesmg profile image83
            jadesmgposted 11 years ago

Also an athiest but I do not believe the world would be better without religion, it is an integral part of most human societies and is the primary source of our cultural practices and rituals. It seems to be the sorce of variation amongst different places an societies in the world. All seem to generally promote kindness to others, at least those others in their own society, and religion as a whole seems a great source of comfort and behavioural codes of conduct for many. The problem lies in it being forced upon people and it being completly unadaptable. Yet, this inabilty to adapt does seem to depend on society, Christianty seems sexist and homophobic (in that the texts are old and support the ideas of the time) yet in today's society the bible is not used to support sexism nearly to the degree it is used to support homophobia. So religion is merely a reflection and a support for society. Nothing inherently wrong with it, the problems lie in how it is used by some.

4. movielardatadare profile image55
            movielardatadareposted 11 years ago

I personally believe that the world is a better place with religion.  I must say that religion does help to keep me sane and happy.  I believe that religion is beneficial for me.  I've been around religion my entire life.  If people could live without religion, I believe the world would be in much worse condition than it already is.  I believe that humanity would be worse off if there were no religion.  John Lennon had it totally wrong.

lol lol lol lol lol lol Thank you for the hearty laugh. lol lol

Is self responsibility a religion?

1. movielardatadare profile image55
                movielardatadareposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cagsil, I don't personally believe self responsibility is a religion.  I know that my atheist friends don't have any type of religion.  Yet they are still self responsible people.  Someone else might disagree with me, but I don't feel that being self responsible is a religion.  I view self responsibility more as a necessary duty.

5. SpanStar profile image61
            SpanStarposted 11 years ago

The further we go back in human history the less we see Christian teachings. Do Christian believers make mistakes? Can Christian believers get things wrong of course they can they are only human. These times periods However gives us an opportunity to look at life that is more pagan than Christian. There were Egyptian kings, pharaohs and rulers such as emperors for the Roman Empire so would we classify these time periods as good times since for the most part they were devoid of Christians?

6. gconeyhiden profile image63
            gconeyhidenposted 8 years ago

The fact is all mass religions are born out of ,not so much God inspired thoughts, but the brainwashing of young children.  Organized religions CANNOT get beyond this simple fact.   Organized religions are weighted down by so much historical ugly barbaric garbage, they pretend rather the stuff didn't happen.  In order to be an enlightened human being nowadays, you must really read loads of history. I'm not talking mythical Bible stories, they will get you just so far. Many Religions just aren't in the business of telling anyone the truth. Never were.  its about power and control.

7. mtariqsattar profile image76
            mtariqsattarposted 8 years ago

A life without religion is shallow and hollow, and this world without religion would be far worse than it is. I know some percentage of humanity has lot against religion, especially of Islam. But it is not the point of discussion here, but it is vital to find out how would human execute this life without possessing a higher ideal.

I can not imagine a life without God, He is my creator, and it for Him that I have come into this world and it is Him, who has destined as to when am I going to die. Furthermore, having of religion into my life satiates intellectual curiosity that I have had, rather continue to do so. I am sure, every human being at some point in life is faced with the question:" why am I here for, and what is my true purpose of this life"?

Man is such a creature, that if he is not fearful of God, in other words, if he knew  that there is no God, and every thing has come in to being by an accident. This world would be not a nice place to live, perhaps, such a scenario would paint the picture of Hobbesian  famous 'State of Nature'.Blessings!

8. Trichakra profile image60
            Trichakraposted 7 years ago

I can't imagine world without religion.

9. Castlepaloma profile image75
            Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Imagine no greed or war.

Then imagine no religion, poof!!! Problem of povery, over population and pollution solved.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
              Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL. Have you forgotten politics?

Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

imagine if they stopped electing Christians,  Poof!!!! wars stopped and all who are in poverty are taken care of, SPECIFICALLY Middle Eastern dead children.

1. wilderness profile image94
                  wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Really?  Not electing Christians will stop the Muslim sect wars that began before American existed?!?  It would have prevented Hitler from invading Poland?  Christians politicians caused Japanese entry into WWII?

Somehow I don't think so.

It would not stop war completely, yet would slow it down a hell of a lot, like 90% as predominantly religious countries are at war now.

Hitler was born and died a Catholic
                    Stalin was training to be a priest until after he got elected.
                    Mao and Stalin suppress Religion yet could not stop it.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

Your opinion always flies in the face of what I would consider reasonable. Is it your opinion that had Mao and Stalin been able to stamp out religion their societies would have been beneficial to their citizens?

I actually think when Religion started out, it was healthy for the people with their set of rules, so they don't mate with camel's or turtles in the desert.

Religion has been the ultimate in hierarchy systems which followed by military and politics to reinforce it. I say abolish hierarchy all together as collective consciousness is far more efficient and always has been the true leader all throughout human history. Hierarchy greed empires always must be destroyed. Then greater collective consciousness of the people alway changes the abuse for a healthier and happier system.

The godless leaders really have not had much history compared to religion the last 5000 years. Art, civilization, and culture existed long before religion arrived and nobody got threaten to be thrown into hell forever . Most people will find spiritual sidedness rather than Religion as their next guilds to a better ways of thinking.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Hm. You are still forgetting those who aren't elected. Such as Stalin, Mao, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
          Necessary
          HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
          LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
          Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
          AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
          Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
          CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
          Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
          Features
          Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
          Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
          Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
          Marketing
          Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
          Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
          Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
          Statistics
          Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
          ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
          ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)