Why is it Satan can't repent?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (58 posts)
  1. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 11 years ago

Why can't Satan and his legion of demons repent?

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It does seem goofy, when you think about it. Supposedly an entity knows the beginning, middle and end. Knows the ultimate futility of it all, but keeps on going. And convinces others to follow suit.

It doesn't say much for the assumed intelligence level on a cosmic scale.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

he doesn't want to. he's rather rule in hell than follow. but his days are numbered, revelation says, his time is short and he will be chained in hell for 1,000 years and there will be peace on earth then, and after, some other stuff and the end of it or something. anyways, "go to hell satan!" he aint bothering me!!! LOl......roll lol lol

3. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because Satan has already been saved. See the save the Satan fan club.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would not wish Hell on anyone and we can Save Satan by not blaming him for our actions. Schoolgirl join our Club and love everyone and be all loving Godlike and don't lead the world in Murder, Prisons and Wars like the USA dose and save everyone with many small acts of kindness starting with Satan, he needs it most.

I don't think this is going to work penny, she thinks I am the lawless one, and the one who lacks freedom. I know Atheist did not invent Satan, Satan got to be bothering the religious ones for sure.

Thank God, I am not Religious.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

Nor I. That state of mind is not easy to free yourself from. When blame is placed it is passing the buck and only serves to tighten it's grip on someone.

I agree love everyone. Loving everyone will mean we will not participate or make excuses for murder, war, or prisoners of war. Small acts of kindness and love can do some amazing things in our world. There are so many examples that begin with small acts of kindness and love.

Awww maybe not...Believing you are lawless and lacking freedom does not make it so..... except to whomever believes such I thing. I for one do not believe that.

Satan will always go on bothering those who believe in Satan unfortunately. It is an easy way out of taking ownership of our own decisions.

I once quoted that very nice people can do really bad things. Mark directed this quote by me to schoolgirl and then she stated back to Mark that I was a lawless person. Even though I have no criminal record and harmless

We need more kindness in the world than we need more Religion. To save Satan is having the foresight to save humanity from some other insane notion that the world will End . If these self righteous zombies show up at my door to fulfill their self prophecy. I might just get med evil on their as*

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

It's really difficult to picture you as being lawless. Notions have a way of conjuring up all sorts of images that are not necessarily a reality. Humanity is all good. There is a lot of kindness in the world. If the world ends, it only ends as we know it to be. The world I knew once when I was a child ended a long time ago. Then it ended again when I was a teen moving into adulthood. Where there is an end you will always find a beginning.

4. Titen-Sxull profile image70
      Titen-Sxullposted 11 years agoin reply to this

According to what I've been told Satan committed the one Unforgivable Sin, referenced by Jesus as Blaspheming the Holy Spirit. No one agrees on how you go about committing this sin and some people believe that its nearly impossible for a human to do so.

Personally I don't believe in Satan or God but the origins of the character, his relationship with God and the VASTLY different interpretations taken on by believers are all fascinating.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They refused to do so.

6. calynbana profile image77
      calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They could when they had the chance that is. The question is not could they, it is would they? Read up on what Satan wanted, and his character and it seems rather unlikely that he would want to repent. Furthermore they are already in "Hell", Which is separation from God. The Bible makes it very clear that once you are given that separation, given over to "hell" then you are past the point of repentance. Your life is already over, you time is up. You have a life time to decide whether you want to with God "heaven" or without God "hell. He gives you which ever you desire, but you do not get to change your mind. Satan chose Hell. He chose separation.

7. profile image52
      passingthewordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He has already been Judged by God.

2. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Cause Satan {capital S} does not exist. Never did, never will.
    There is no textual evidence to support the claim of said entity.
    ha-satan, however, can repent. Ha-satan is human reason/logic -the mind.
    Ha-satan is mentioned 25,000 times in the texts. An entity name Satan or Lucifer {capital L} never mentioned.

1. Paul Wingert profile image62
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Satan repenting would be like a Clint Eastwood movie without a bad guy. Stories need a conflict to be interesting. Besides how do you keep your sheeple in line without the threat of hell?

1. mr williams profile image58
        mr williamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. Just wanted to prove a point. Guess these CHristian warriors have no answer to this quuestion because its a contradiction to their beliefs that God won't allow Satan to repent.

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If a G/god existed and is actually the G/god of the bible, then he is supposedly all loving and any action done against G/god's will would be something you could repent.

Repenting is only asking for forgiveness. The all-knowing G/god would know whether or not you're heart is truly asking for forgiveness because it wouldn't happen again. And he knows it's not going to happen again. You might be rewarded some gift as forgiveness(meaning something in your life with go right and you won't be able to explain it).

By all accounts, an all loving G/god would allow you to repent as many times as it takes to get it right. But, he could even extinguish you from existence with the bat of an eye and be done with you, and you would never know the difference.

No matter how you want to look at it. It's ridiculous.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

it's never been proven that god does/doesn't exist so what you say is so inappropriate!

oh really? bs! God is just as well. If he was all merciful and forgave everything what would be the point of calling it sin? would that mean every hitler/murderer would be forgiven without saying sorry? yes, he will forgive all, but you have to repent/say sorry/

it happens again because we are human, that doesn't mean we cannot be sorry. being sorry is putting a  CONSCIOUS effort (your fav word btw)

no it's not. you just think so.
            big_smile

lol lol

1. Paul Wingert profile image62
                Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let's pretend that G/god exists and is the creator and destroyer of everything on earth and in the universe. If Satan is such an assh**e, why didn't G/god vaporize Satan a long time ago? The whole story is that Satan wants to take over Heaven and rule the universe. With so many people going to hell for everything from being homosexual to taking God's name in vain, yo'd think that Satan would have more than enough manpower to overrun Heaven many times over by now?

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Satin and his minions are always right. What's to repent?

4. teacherjoe52 profile image62
    teacherjoe52posted 11 years ago

The answer is very simple and one word
    PRIDE.
    They have chips on their shoulders and refuse to submit to Jesus.
    That is why many people refuse to accept Him as well.
    If you really want the answer, why not open up the Bible yourself and see
    Or are you just being a troublemaker in your arrogance as well?

Really? The most egotistical prideful bunch I have ever met in my life have been from being here in HubPages forums.

There are more prideful religious than there are others on the forums. You could combine all the people who actively use the forums, break them down into categories and the religious folk on here would still win any contest with regards to prideful/egotistical.
      Prime example of an egotistical statement.

I'm pretty damn sure I understand Jesus' teachings and I understand it without all the mystic garbage of a G/god that goes with it.
      2.1 billion people on the planet agree according to religious statistics for a global scale. Many other culture simply disagree. It's not a refusal to accept but willing to believe something else. Which is their right.
      Been there, done that. I've read it a few times and even researched it too. Too bad the G/god thing is just mystic junk. And, too bad, the human species isn't anything special.
      Is this an honest question? Or did you use "arrogance" as a non-conflict manner? Calling someone arrogant by something simply said online, when you don't know the person is passing judgment. Is it not? And, I thought you understood Jesus' teachings.

You could have simply asked him if he was looking to start trouble? No need for you to insert your bias assumptions of others into the mix.

Bishop Williamson says "You can't help people whose minds are unhinged"

lol

how can you help them? you can't, you can pray for them you can love them (on quote.)

so um,,,,,,,I see that way your mind works. It's so logical it has no room for faith.

Unhinged? Yes, he would be right if he is talking about mental defects in the human species.

If he is making reference that people are unhinged because they are separated from G/god? Then I have some swamp land in Arizona which I'm willing to sell for a really cheap price.
          Yes, that's what you do with those who are mentally defective. It's not going to help them, but you can make yourself feel good about doing at least something. roll
          I have faith. I have faith in myself and humanity. No other faith required.

fine. fine. watch that ego of yours, I mean humility, or um something.

Would you really like to see my ego? lol

yes.

How does it feel to want? *inserted sarcasm* Ain't happening. But, nice try. wink

roll like it's really that big of a deal! lol lol or is it?

Are you flirting with me? *inserted sarcasm* you don't even know how old I am!!!

can you post a pic on here? what does it look like?

3. Friendlyword profile image60
                Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is it bigger than a babys' arm?

roll

1. Friendlyword profile image60
                    Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok...Back to Lucifer.
                    Weather you believe in God or not; Lucifer is the main attraction in the Bible after Jesus. If he repented; the whole quilt of religious Belief would unravel.  So for goodness sake; Lucifer has to remain the devil for all time.  Almost like a character in a novel...

2. kirstenblog profile image78
                  kirstenblogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The only thing worth reading on this thread so far! To funny! lol

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course Cags anyone who doesn't agree with you is labelled arrogant lol , in my humble opinion of course

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And for those who are not clear on which side I stand, I stand with Jesus smile and He whispers gently to me to love..when I dont want to..to forgive ,when I dont want too, to work when I dont want too, to believe in my fellow man when I dont want too.

Bascially encourages me to be a better person, and I am thank-full in the end.

5. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 11 years ago

lol

6. Team Wiseman profile image80
    Team Wisemanposted 11 years ago

Satan is definately real, time will allow all to know this. The reason he will never repent is due to his pride. Pride is also what caused his fall. Satan is not some crazed lunatic with a pitchfor...he actually is a well mannered individual. Be careful, he walks to and fro upon the earth.

How do you  know if Satan is definitely real?
      What did he look  like?

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

Do you mean, an individual as in... a unique manifestation of the physical being named Satan that walks on the earth or are you meaning something else?

Satan is suppose to be a seven headed, red, and 10 horned Dragon. Maybe Wiseman saw Satan in one those special effect Hollywood films or on a video game. At least Christian could give us some clue of what to watch out for in order we know Satan is real and protect our kids.

I hope they just don't base Satan from words they read in a Book. Or because some hard drugs they took before sleep, then had some hellish nightmare about Satan Or maybe it was the bad cheese pizza combo.

7. Bernice Ntekim profile image61
    Bernice Ntekimposted 11 years ago

Because heaven doesn't want him.

8. rasta1 profile image70
    rasta1posted 11 years ago

There are only two choices that you can make as a Human or Spiritual Being. These choices are either(to do good) or (to do bad). Each individual chooses their destiny.

9. DoubleScorpion profile image79
    DoubleScorpionposted 11 years ago

If Satan did repent, there would be no more sin...everything would be great...right???

Do angels (Fallen or not) have free-will? I could swear that is a "special gift" given only to man...If he doesn't have free-will, why don't God just make him repent..??

10. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

repent for what?...

If Gods is all powerful and all loving, why can't he manage money nor a deceit conversation about Satan's mental illness which has gone on since the beginning of time?

If I can forgive people and solve problems my entire life. Why can't Spiritual leading super natural forces like God and Satan which are smarter then me, do it?

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

good pt but has satan to repent or god to repent for his imperfect creations?

We have to do all the work and Yahweh reaps all the Glory, I guess that's how it work,

Kick that lazy old man out

11. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Satan can't repent because the word 'sorry' isn't in his vocab! Actually, he's right behind you...and he's got a pitchfork...keeps you moving in the right direction. God and Satan get along just fine!

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God is the one with emotional problems stemming from a dissociative state caused by extreme paranoid schizophrenia. We are his therapy.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha...

12. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Satan should be able to repent, he got so many priests at his disposal that confession shouldn't present a major problem.

13. Mihai Stet profile image56
    Mihai Stetposted 7 years ago

maybe fe don't need too?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)