Fishing or Working

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 11 years ago

Is a good day of fishing worth more to you than a good day at work?

I would have to say a good day of fishing where I am relaxing in the sun, no body telling me what I have to do or where I have to go is worth more to me than a good day at work because you get more satisfaction from yourself than most bosses.

What would you choose??

1. huntnfish profile image87
      huntnfishposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well fishing of course!! In fact, I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work, unless my boat sinks... then I choose work

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Saltwater fishing!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6572867_f248.jpg

3. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 11 years ago

Just bring a bucket to work with a fish in it.  =-P

Catch and release all day long.

1. profile image0
      JustCraftyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great idea!  I take my fishing equipment with me on the road as I am on the road sales and have no boss following me.  Lunch breaks are when the fish are biting.

4. profile image58
    happyboy001posted 11 years ago

big fish!

5. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 11 years ago

Many years ago I met a guy who wrote for a fishing magazine where his job entailed going fishing to different locations twice a week and writing two columns about it.   His wife was nagging him in a most persistent and horrible whine about changing his job becasue they 'needed' a four bedroom house (they had no kids) - I enraged the wife by noting that I would keep the job and dump her without a second's thinking about it.  She stormed out - and they divorced a few months later - I consider that one up for reason and freedom !

1. profile image0
      JustCraftyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I tried to explain to a recruiter who just offered me a job full time that I couldn't do the route the way it had been laid out because it wouldn't allow me to take relaxing breaks at lunch time for fishing which would make me an excellent worker because I wouldn't be stressed like the other people he would be hiring because I know that all work makes for a stressed person and a part work part fishing person makes for a happy relaxed person who can get the job done.

I had to turn down this awesome job because I knew if I had to follow a plan that wouldn't allow me to go fishing then I would quickly hate the job and quit it as the others before me already have.  Employers from out of Maine don't realize that enjoying your work life balance is what makes a great employee.

They should hire managers in Maine to manage workers in Maine, we know how life is here and what will work.

2. huntnfish profile image87

recommend1 just hearing that story made my blood boil. A man gets his dream job and someone tries to tell him its not good enough? I hope I never end up in a relationship like that. I'm glad he didn't give in to her demands, good for him!

3. JBrumett profile image60
      JBrumettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Psh, that's crazy, relationships are all about compromise.  I'd have quit and started working on a fishing tv show.  Geez   =-P

1. huntnfish profile image87

Problem Solved. Flawless Idea. If you've got those kinda connections you should let me know haha

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)