Weekly Topic Inspiration: Financial Planning for Retirement

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Ideally, all of us will reach an age at which we can retire. How can we ensure that we have enough money to live off of once we reach that point?

Share your retirement savings and financial planning advice as part of this week’s Weekly Topic Inspiration challenge. Even if you’re not already an expert on this subject, a little research can go a long way- especially toward securing a sound financial future for your future self!

Here are some search-friendly titles to consider using:
    Financial Planning for Retirement
    10 Great Retirement Planning Tools
    Types of Retirement Accounts
    Average Retirement Income for Retirees
    Retirement Income Planning 101
    How to Create a Great Retirement Savings Plan
    How to Start a Retirement Account
    How Much to Save for Retirement
    The 10 Best Pension Plans
    How to Use a Retirement Planning Calculator
    How to Determine the Best Pension Plan for You
    Social Security Disability Benefits
    How to Use a Social Security Benefits Calculator
    Social Security Spousal Benefits
    How Much Should I Save for Retirement?
    Taxes on Social Security
    How to Apply for Social Security
    Tips on Applying for Social Security
    Retirement Financial Planning
    Retirement Savings 101

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here's one 4 Basic Steps in Financial Retirement Planning. I like this topic. Can I do some more!
      http://victorialynn.hubpages.com/_VFace … g-101?done

2. Brainy Bunny profile image91
      Brainy Bunnyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I decided to write on retirement plans for the self-employed.

http://brainybunny.hubpages.com/hub/Ret … yed-People

2. JillKostow profile image87
    JillKostowposted 11 years ago

Here is my hub:  Tips on Applying for Social Security Benefits

http://jillkostow.hubpages.com/hub/Tips … y-Benefits

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that was fast! Fabulous Hub. You've provided a lot of useful information and a great overview of the application.

1. JillKostow profile image87
        JillKostowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone!!!!

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80
      EuroCafeAuLaitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OK, after being locked out of the social security system, lol, I switched gears, and here is my contribution to the WTI:

http://eurocafeaulait.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Plan?done

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80

It's called, How to Create a Great Retirement Plan

2. Simone Smith profile image87

This is a nicely laid-out Hub that has some very useful tips!

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80

YAY!  I felt a little out of my element, but I tried!  Thanks smile

3. profile image0
    mts1098posted 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your experience, mts1098! I especially appreciate that helpful table you've provided with cost-cutting ideas. Those are great for people of any age!

1. profile image0
        mts1098posted 11 years agoin reply to this

thanks this has worked for me...cheers...bet you are excited for the new Batman movie wink

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

I am ahead of you Simone.  I posted this a few weeks ago.  It is about creating a spreadsheet to plan how much you will need for the rest of your life.

http://millionairetips.hubpages.com/hub … ur-Savings

Wow, Millionaire Tips! You're ON it!

5. CyberShelley profile image78
    CyberShelleyposted 11 years ago

Hi Simone, Thank you for the weekly idea, and here is a link to my hub. 
    I have gone through the different ages, explaining how much you need to save to retire, if you start saving in your 20's, 30's. 40's 50's and even go into your 60's.
    http://cybershelley.hubpages.com/t/31e64f

This is so useful! I'm glad that I've started saving now. The burden is much less. big_smile

6. bankscottage profile image91
    bankscottageposted 11 years ago

I had already done hubs on Retirement Savings Plans for Small Businesses and the Self-Employed and on the fact that your social security benefit could be taxed so I switched gears a little and here is my Hub for this topic: "10 Retirement Savings Tips for When You start Your First Job"

http://bankscottage.hubpages.com/hub/10 … -First-Job

I thought tips by mts 1098 in his hub on this topic were so good, I put in a link to it.

1. profile image0
      mts1098posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed the way bankscottage showed the compound effect so much I linked it in my hub...cheers

2. Simone Smith profile image87

I second mts1098. This is a fabulous Hub!

7. profile image0
    Teresa Higginsposted 11 years ago

Being new to hub pages, I am looking for all sorts of inspiration to write so I decided to give the Weekly Topic Inspiration a try.   Here is a link to the article I wrote. ( the directions said you didn't have to be an expert, and I am not, I wrote about the best advice I ever received).
    http://teresahiggins.hubpages.com/hub/R … ingJust-10

That's fabulous, Teresa! Thanks so much for creating the Hub and passing on the good advice. big_smile

1. profile image0
        Teresa Higginsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

8. urmilashukla23 profile image65
    urmilashukla23posted 11 years ago
  9. JPhillipi profile image54
    JPhillipiposted 11 years ago

Here is a hub on how to apply for social security benefits.
    http://jphillipi.hubpages.com/hub/How-T … l-Security

10. greatstuff profile image90
    greatstuffposted 11 years ago

Here's my hub : Retirement Financial Planning - For Women

http://greatstuff.hubpages.com/hub/reti … l-planning

11. whaturmissing profile image76
    whaturmissingposted 11 years ago

During these times everyone should be planning for retirement and in Canada contribute to RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan).  Here's a hub talking about what types of RRSPs available:

http://whaturmissing.hubpages.com/hub/L … es-of-RRSP

12. sholland10 profile image85
    sholland10posted 11 years ago

HI Simone!
    I wrote this hub last year.  I hope you don't mind me adding it here.  It has information about financial planning, but mostly about WHAT to do with yourself when you retire.  So many people think they can't wait until retirement, but they find when they "relax" they have terrible health problem. 

This is a great topic!  One more people should pay attention to, even when young.
    Susan smile

http://sholland10.hubpages.com/hub/Reti … -is-a-Must

13. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Happy Monday, Hubbers! Our latest Weekly Topic Inspiration theme comes from Denise Handlon and addresses automation and how it has changed our lives. I hope you'll join in and write a Hub on this subject. It's quite the interesting issue!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)