What's another trillion dollars of debt?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

Or, for that matter, another 6 or 7 trillion dollars of debt?

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/42972

Another 6.3-6.8 trillion dollars of debt with what Obama wants to do. 3.5 trillion is directly attributed to Obama's budget proposal. Considering that this is what we have been doing to our economic situation, it's a good thing we have debt ceilings or who knows how many more trillions we would be spending.

Not only that, but Obama's policies would increase productivity in America during 2013-2017 by 0.8%, and decrease productivity in America from 2018-2022 by 1.35%. Typical American policy though, who cares about the future?

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you done?

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. Who cares?

2. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cherry picking figures is about as useful as picking your nose.

The difference can easily be made up by the planned reductions in your military, and minding your goddam international business alone.  Let alone such things as improving your horrendous education system and dealing with that huge mass of your population that is so ignorant they don't understand evolution or, like you, don't understand economics or politics.

1. profile image0

I'm not cherry-picking figures.

That's the projection based off of Obama's proposed budget. It includes any cuts he wanted made. It's what he is asking for. Where is the cherry picking?

Try to have a little civility as well, recommend1.

1. recommend1 profile image61

I don't see the need for too much civility when people are clearly kite flying issues to muddy the information in the hope of persuading simple minded people to accept the creeping tyranny of any right wing group.   Obama is not as popular as he could be - but damn is he better than the lying money grabbing a$$holes who have been propped up to compete with him.

When those with little grasp of actual economics and no ability to see any kind of big picture start in with this kind of nonsense then I have to accuse them of being a politic al shill.  So no I will not be civil.

1. profile image0

You haven't told me how I was cherry-picking information recommend1. How about you stop with the ad hominem and present a real argument if you disagree.

The figures I gave are projections based off of Obama's budget request. What he wants to spend money on, what he wants cut. How is looking at Obama's budget cherry-picking?

I'm sorry - I thought it was obvious that picking one item from a mass of budget items without referencing the balancing parts is called cherry picking information - not hard really.

1. profile image0

The "one item" I picked was the net total. The total includes everything.

Cherry picking would have to exclude data. If I were to say 'Look, Obama is increasing the budget for Program X by $225 billion, he is increasing spending!', that would be cherry picking.

Looking at the sum effect of the net total includes all expenditures and all receipts, so what data is being excluded?

One at least is the planned massive reduction in your armed forces that has to be fought through - you know, the battle that will be presented as what do you want - more killing or better healthcare ??  From figures I recall, cutting a trillion over three years from your military budget would hardly be noticed.

1. profile image0

Obama's proposed budget decreases military spending by approximately 30%, or about $800 billion over three years.

You're trying to ignore what Obama wants to do, and erase his proposed deficits with other possible future cuts. Essentially, you're cherry picking by ignoring the concrete data in favor of anything else that could make his budget look better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)