Is there a way to re-publish your hub AFTER you sent it out?"

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)
  1. cynthtggt profile image75
    cynthtggtposted 11 years ago

I was experiencing problems connecting with Hubpages both last night and this morning.  Hubpages was "down for maintenance" was the notice I saw.  However, this happening at the same time I was trying to publish a new hub - so the sharing of my hub did not happen.  So when Hubpages was functioning again, I went back to "re-share" my hubpage - put in out on the timeline - and I was not able to.  Additionally, I asked my friends on FAcebook to read my hub and seven people looked at it but the number of views I have on my account for this new hub shows only 3 reads.  Finally, two hubbers whom I contacted about this told me they did not experience a maintenace problem, and even though I have them as followers did not receive notification of my new hub.  How can I republish my hubpage so my followers receive notifications now that Hubpages is up and running again?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you using internet explorer?

The "view count" only updates every hour. And how do you know 7 people looked at it? They could've just hit like without clicking the link.

And people generally get a single daily summary email of hubs written by hubbers they follow.

In the end, you don't make money off friends and hubbers, anyway.

cynthtggtposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am using Internet Explorer.  And no, my friends did not just "click" on it.  They read it and came back to me via email.  Yes too Hubpages was down (at least on my end [ one in NJ and one in Canada had it up]) for two days, collapsing simultaneous to my pressing "publish" upon completing my hub.  And I am not speaking about "money" because that is not what I was concerned about.  I want my article out because what I publish is important to me in getting the truth out about the connection between the mass disabled and unemployed in America and healthcare, and I want people to see what I am writing.  I don't want accolades or money, but freedom to express my thoughts and to feel that I am not being preventing from doing that.  This is so since I want my experience shared on the web in the same manner other websites printed false material about me - and admitted to in court documents - that is preventing me from getting work.  On facebook and a blog, which I also have, my articles appear for my followers, who also are being blacklisted and kept from employment due to a medical problem they have.  It appears to be a trend that strives to be usurping all civil remedies and a pattern.  That I publish about myself, for example, was contingent on my getting an interview with a lawyer who read all my documents and was saw the injustice being done.  He asked questions and I wrote hubs about them, given that I have no money to pay him for his personal time.  So, you see, the tone of your response makes clear that I indeed do affect the emotions of persons with what I write, and if what I am saying in my hubs is false, there would be no need to be condescending or make assumptions that are unwarranted.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

These or similar questions have been asked hundreds of times on these forums; I was doing my best to give you an answer.

My answer had nothing to do withyour hubs; I've never read them and likely never will. The world is full of injustice and I have plenty of my own to right.

Internet Explorer often causes the most errors. I suggest downloading Chrome or Firefox.

As I mentioned, it takes most views an hour to update. Some take even longer. To get accurate traffic information you need to sign up for Google Analytics.

As mentioned in my previous post, followers get a daily digest of new hubs.

2. Helena Ricketts profile image92
      Helena Rickettsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Internet Explorer is one of the worst browsers you can use because it's not as secure as Chrome and Firefox.  There are a lot of vulnerabilities and errors in Explorer.  I used to use it but switched to Firefox a couple of years ago and to Chrome last year and don't have even 1/4 of the problems that I had with Explorer.  It might help you to switch browsers to see if that might be part of the issue that you are having.  It certainly couldn't hurt anything.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of your account page, it will tell you when your view count for each hub was last updated.  HubPages does not automatically update the view count on each individual hub every time someone looks at one in real time like a website counter does.  The stats update at different times, usually every hour to ninety minutes.  You'll see it at the very bottom of the blue area on your account page.  It actually says: Traffic statistics last updated: XX minutes ago.

You can't re-publish the hub unless you delete it from HubPages AND remove it from Google's cache if it has been published long enough for Google to pick it up and sometimes Google grabs hubs quite quickly.  Then you can re-publish it.  You have to remove it from Google or it will be flagged as duplicate content on here.  I'm not sure if you can use the same exact title again, you may have to modify it a bit.

By deleting and re-publishing, it might put the hub into the timeline.  I can say that I don't always find all of my hubs that I publish in the timeline either.  The timeline for new hubs only updates every so often so it wouldn't show up there immediately either.  I have found that some of my hubs don't show up until at least an hour after they are published. 

There is an email that goes out to all of your followers that tells them about anything you have published in the previous 24 hours, unless they have opted out of receiving that update email from HubPages or maybe overlooked the email all together?

Hopefully that helps you.  smile

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image78
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I tried Firefox first, then switched to Chrome, and am much happier with performance.

cynthtggtposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Healthy Pursuits for the tips.  I made a discovery with a computer technician only yesterday.  He too saw my concern.  He experienced it with me while on my computer.  My computer has been "hacked," as the geeks say.  There's an extra "administrator" on my browser, who must have come in while setting up my new computer.  Yahoo is investigating the issue too since it is affecting my email.  This is no real surprise to me since - and I cannot go into all of it here - I have been in a legal battle for almost 6 years now and I am fighting a huge battle with a very big giant.  And these people are the biggest computer geeks around.  So you know, I have the best spyware and virus protection one can buy, but I'm working on a new computer and as I heard it told to me they must have gotten in during set=up,.

I appreciate your tips and when these issues are resolved I will most definitely be using it as a reference source.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)