Once more the media jumps to blame Tea Party.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (28 posts)
  1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

ABC is having to apologize for stating Colorado shooter was a Tea Party member.
    Wonderful generalization with no evidence from the mainstream press once again.
    You would think they would have learned from the past that a shooting does not equate to right wing stupidity.

JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well I take it from lack of response that no one on these forums wants to blame the Tea Party or right wing anybody for the shooting??????????

It's like the Twilight Zone..I can't believe it.

1. rhamson profile image71
        rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know anything about the shooter other than he went off for some strange reason.  You may want to get ready for not knowing much of the truth by the time the lawyers, courts  and press get through with it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was an honest mistake, they had the same name. They apologized and correct it. Of course, it should have been fact checked first and the reporter should not have reported it before being positive. But, it was one reporter's mistake...

I don't blame anyone but the shooter.

3. profile image0
      rickyliceaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It seems they can't be bothered to wait until all the facts come out, e.g. George Zimmerman.

4. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The only difference I see here is that the left wing media (your description not mine) has made a mistake and apologised for it.  Right wing media lie their faces off and laugh at anyone who criticises them.

5. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah good old ABC. Bare bones, just the facts, unbiased reporting. LOL!

2. jmicchael1a profile image60
    jmicchael1aposted 11 years ago

No, that would be an oversimplification of a serious problem. I fault Tea Party extremist for narrow views and inappropriate ideology. But not for horrendous acts of violence that are the product of a criminally diseased mind.

1. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"narrow views and inappropriate ideology"

lol lol lol lol lol

In the eye of a liberal, I'm sure they are. roll

The Tea Party's Mission Statement:
      "The Tea Party Patriots’ mission is to restore America’s founding principles of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets."

I see nothing "narrow" or "inappropriate" in that AMERICAN ideology.

1. jmicchael1a profile image60
        jmicchael1aposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes if practice matched rhetoric that would be great. Limited does not mean ineffective and obstructive. Or does it? The TP elected a collection of Tea Party ranters and created the least effectual Congress in my adult life.

I and 84% of the electorate believe this Congress is two years wasted.
        We have a country to put aright and that means agendas are a dead weight in the execution of the people's business. Especially, when a $50 million dollars are spent on 33 "position" votes in congress.
        Do I need to explain what a "position" vote is?
        This "do nothing" TP trapped Congress was a joke and now the elections are coming nearer and the agreed to budget cuts are on the horizon.
        I point this out because:
        Starting with the NC delegation of TP "empty" suits and skirt. We find that the $70 million dollar Army investment in NASCAR is a more meaningful use of resources, then say, feeding kids before school. A program that the  GOP majority House felt inclined to jeopardize.
        So there's $120 million dollars worth of limited government.
        How's that working for ya?

1. profile image0

Hmmm, I would count myself as one of that 84% as well, JM. There's enough "stupidity" to go around. Blaming it all on the Tea Party candidates in Congress is laughable lol but not surprising from a liberal.

When the stew is brewing, the only people who can take credit or blame are the ones holding the spoon that's stirring the pot.
            Boehner has his hands full and I never thought he was that effective anyway.
            Two years with Pelosi and the country  was moving and things were getting done.
            2010 comes and BOOM. Any meaningful legislation is shut down. Too bad the shoe fits so well. It is not as stylish as the TP thinks it is

1. profile image0

roll

Just that much more typical liberal BS, JM. You're going to believe what you want to believe no matter how wrong it and you are and, frankly, I have better things to do.

On to November then January 20, 2012, when we can send Barack Hussein Obama back to be what he's always been, just another Chicago street thug wannabe.

2. JSChams profile image60

Yes if practice matched rhetoric that would be great. Limited does not mean ineffective and obstructive. Or does it? The TP elected a collection of Tea Party ranters and created the least effectual Congress in my adult life.

Who could possibly be more obstructive than Harry Reid?

3. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

It is appalling that politicians would use a tragedy such as this to attempt to gain political traction.   I am not surprised, but it is disgusting never the less.

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste ..."  Rahm Emanuel

Both candidates are politicizing this tragedy!

Perhaps, but really. They are expected to say something. I believe neither should or will promote a particular agenda.
      So far, both have expressed sorrow and concern for the community. These are appropriate responses.
      This is a time of great grief. A time for the survivors and for the family members of the victims. My hope is that we as a nation are sensitive to their needs. Time will tell.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Yes, the media are idiots only attempting to sway public opinion at whatever opportunity it can. hmm And you by opening this thread and establishing a link online is only supporting their stupidity in motion. hmm

5. mio cid profile image59
    mio cidposted 11 years ago

George Zimmerman? Bad example,as much as fox news ,Hannity and a bunch of righties want to help him,he committed a crime, he will probably  go to jail,a young boy is dead who shouldn't be, and then he says on national tv he wouldn't have done anything different if given a chance and this was god's plan.I think you better chose another example, because the media does rush to judjement many times and do get it wrong.

1. profile image0
      rickyliceaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about Fox, I only watch TV for entertainment.
      They said he was white.
      They said he was a racist.
      Edited audio to make him look racist.

When you say young boy i think 6 years not 17.

He should definitely go to jail.

1. mio cid profile image59
        mio cidposted 11 years agoin reply to this

a little boy is six, young boy at seventeen is fine ,remember the boy wonder,aka robin?but we agree on the main issue.

6. texshelters profile image76
    texsheltersposted 11 years ago

Now perhaps the Tea party can have understanding of the false accusations made against black men and muslims every day in this country. And you are right, the media should shut up before jumping to conclusions like this, and I started so on facebook.

PTxS

The Tea Party immediately gets it stuck to them every time an event such as this occurs. Then later it turns out they had nothing to do with it.

You know that.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The only reason was because someone involved in the Colorado Tea Party movement has the same name as the killer.

The only time I've seen people just to conclusions was the Gifford shooting, there have been several events since then and no one jumped to blame the Tea Party.

You really have to stop being so sensitive...

See you have to understand....they look for it.
          They want it to be that way. They want to prove bloodthirsty intent. That's why they jump like that.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Tea Party is already capitalizing on it and making money off ABC's mistake.
        So how sorry can we really feel?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/anti … 53856.html

Anti-Obama group raising money off events related to Colorado shooting
        Less than 24 hours after a shooting at a Colorado movie theater claimed the lives of 12 people and injured dozens more, a conservative political action committee sent supporters an email using coverage of the event to push for donations.

The Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama released a fundraising letter late Friday afternoon requesting donations over an early report on ABC News that suggested a member of a Colorado tea party group may have been the shooter. The on-air report, delivered by ABC News chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross on "Good Morning America," was inaccurate, and Ross issued an apology and a correction later that day.

The fundraising letter, which was written on behalf of Texas Senate candidate Ted Cruz, asked for money to "fight back" against the media.

"We can't let the media get away with their attempts to smear the tea party," the unsigned letter read, including a link to a story about Ross' report from Breitbart.com. "They are trying to silence us and brand us as extremists whose ideals are too radical and dangerous for America. But since they cannot refute our ideas of limited government and liberty, they have to resort to smears, lies and fabrications. Please help us fight back by supporting the most prominent tea party candidate in America right now--conservative Republican Ted Cruz."

The group is not affiliated with Cruz's official campaign.

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

What? You mean the report I saw that Sarah Palin had Batman in her crosshairs isn't true?
    lol

8. Cody Hodge profile image60
    Cody Hodgeposted 11 years ago

If only the Tea Party had actually done anything to limit government. So far, all they have done is blame the democrats for everything.

They were the people who wouldn't accept Barack Obama's plan that would cut 4 trillion dollars in spending.

Instead, they would rather say that Obama caused our credit rating to be cut.

Oh boy, I sure hope THOSE guys get elected again.

9. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6929683_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)