How does the Hubpages Ad Program Processing Delay affect you?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (38 posts)
  1. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 11 years ago

I'm just curious, in Hubpages we often experience delays in processing earnings. But, there are quite a few who do not give a thought about it.

But, in your case, how does the Hubpages Processing Delay affect you as a hubber?

Sharing my own case, my excitement tends to be cut off short when there's a delay. I dunno. Everyday, I want to know how I've been doing in Hubpages, so I always view my daily earnings. I treat this as my indicator. So, this really excites me from time to time.

And when the earnings do not update as expected, I feel that my excitement is being curtailed. Of course, I understand that it is just normal to experience delays. And, I have nothing against these delays. But, if it could be prevented, why not right? smile

1. Helena Ricketts profile image91
      Helena Rickettsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't bother me but I sometimes go days at a time without being on here.  I like logging in and being pleasantly surprised or shrugging off the disappointment.  smile

I'm sure they will be caught up by Monday.  If I remember correctly, the delays during the week are rare but on the weekends, it is more common.

2. prospectboy profile image86
      prospectboyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't bother me too much since I know the earnings will be credited eventually.

3. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since I don't log in every day anymore (too busy with my day job), these delays do not really affect me.  Besides, since they launched HP Ads, these delays have become common.  I haven't seen a month pass by without any delays so I'm used to it.

4. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't.

2. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 11 years ago

I see thanks for that Helena! Actually, it's not really a major issue for me (just a small one).

And definitely, it really feels good when you log in and see how your earnings went up! smile

1. Helena Ricketts profile image91
      Helena Rickettsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely right!  Especially when it's been a few days and the number is bigger.  I know it's an illusion, but it can still be kinda cool to see the jump when it happens.

3. MountainManJake profile image68
    MountainManJakeposted 11 years ago

The processing delay started on my second day of Hubpages.  Kind of a bummer.

yougotmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awww, that's unfortunate. But don't worry, this does not last long (the longest I've experienced so far is 6 days).

And welcome to Hubpages!

4. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

The only time I ever pay attention to it is when it shifts from "pending" and "processing delay" to finalized earnings, yet it's still showing zero. Having dealt with a few flaky sites, I'm used to filing a bug report just in case the Powers That Be aren't aware there's a glitch.

I don't worry about it, though; I expect it'll get fixed.

Apparently this makes me a complainer, so now I know not to file bug reports on this site. Five years as a beta tester makes it a hard habit to break. wink

5. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Hubpages cannot post your earnings till all affilates/advertisers file reports; if one is late it throws out everything.

Who cares when we get reports? If it doesn't effect payment, what's the big deal? On Squidoo you only get them once a month!

I guess you are right, but there are some Hubbers who treat the daily earnings as a tracking figures for their progress. So, there's some minor effect on them.  Hence, this Hubpages Processing Delay, would interrupt their tracking. smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No self promotion in the forums. smile

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. Where can I read the guidelines and policies about it? smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
            WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When you post in the forums there is a link to the rules and red text.

2. yougotme profile image89

Thanks WryLilt! smile I've found it, it's here: http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

It really isn't a big deal, it's more of a bummer because, like you, I use the daily income as a gauge to how I'm doing. Plus it's exciting to see how much you made overnight!

They usually get it fixed pretty quick, but I do get kinda frustrated when the the updates are delayed. lol

7. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

It is slightly disappointing, especially so near to the end of the month.

My one miserable target is to try to exceed the previous months earnings.

So I check particularly closely as we get near month end, in the hope that the pathetic dribble of income is still improving.

This month has not been great.  I have had to publish great swathes of garbage simply to try to reach my June earnings figure.

Now I don't know what to do.  Create still more low quality rubbish in a desperate last ditch attempt to earn a few extra cents or simply have a go at someone close to me.  It's their fault.  If I didn't have to work I could earn thousands per day writing crap on the internet.

At least I still have my six pack...
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6952101_f248.jpg

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
      Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lmfao lol lol

2. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 11 years agoin reply to this

hahaha

8. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

I just expect a message like that it to appear on my stats. page at the end of the month. it is nothing new and it seems to be regular event,  I think WryLilt has summed up the reason in her post here. 

You need to ask yourself would you prefer they posted a 'guess-estimate' amount and then had it adjusted downwards. It is only a couple of day's figures, not the amount for the whole month that we are in the 'dark' about. If it worried me that much I would just switch over to Adsense.

9. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Are you in the Olympic weight lifting event Mark?  You could write a Hub about that. smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't really... well anyway.

I could probably write something about me being in the weight lifting - Markoskavitch Ewbivavitch, and so on.  I love doing that stuff but sadly... there's no money in it.

10. Good Guy profile image83
    Good Guyposted 11 years ago

It doesn't matter to me.  Maybe because the amount is just peanuts.  When my amount is substantial, then maybe I might get a bit excited having to wait a few more days.

Yup, I guess the more you earn the more care you give with regard to the delays. I'm sure next time we'll be give a LOT of care. wink

11. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Unless this stops you from hitting the payout amount, why care!

12. David 470 profile image82
    David 470posted 11 years ago

It bothers me a bit, but mainly when it becomes 5 or more days that are pending for earnings. I like to gauge how I do each month because the summer time (mid summer) is usually the worst for me. However, if I compare how I am doing compared to last year's summer, I have made progress smile

Most of the time the processing delays happen at the end of the month.

13. Thomas Swan profile image96
    Thomas Swanposted 11 years ago

It bothered me enough to find a forum topic about it!

This is 4 days now, so the longest I've had to wait. I've noticed it usually happens at the weekends, so I guess there are people (with lives) putting work into posting earnings? It seems like it should/could be automated though.

Not too important though because they appear eventually.

14. Farmer Rachel profile image95
    Farmer Rachelposted 11 years ago

I just joined Hubpages about 2 weeks ago, so it's not like I'm counting on the pennies I'm earning so that I can pay the bills. On the other hand, it's kind of exciting to log in every day and see how I'm doing (OMG - I earned 11 cents yesterday!!!!) Kind of ridiculous if you think about it wink.

15. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Progress is progress.  I really don't care for these people who have this extreme need to contact HubPages about their pennies.  Back off and let HubPages do their work.  Quit being so petty and wait for the outcome.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, all the griping you do won't change a thing.  You don't run this place, so quit trying.  Your yacht payments will have to wait.

16. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I think it builds up the anticipation myself. I'm expecting dollars instead of pennies! I hope I'm not disappointed.

17. profile image0
    swarren22posted 11 years ago

I still have to reach my goal of 500 articles up by end of year about the iPad. I dont really care about the few dollars. Looking long term.

18. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Payment is not affected so I am not affected.

19. cryptid profile image95
    cryptidposted 11 years ago

The delay doesn't bother me as long as the numbers are correct in the end.  It does take a way a little of the buzz when I check my account in the morning, and it's kind of a drag when it goes on for three or four days.  But other than having to rein in my manic need to constantly see something happening with my accounts it's not big a deal.

20. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

It does not bother me at all as I have just started the ads program in HP.

21. dhannyya profile image80
    dhannyyaposted 11 years ago

Delay does bother me.. whenever I expect a good outcome there is a delay...but hubpages is trustworthy...nothing to worry even if ther is a delay

22. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 11 years ago

The delay does not bother me. I've worked in advertising in the past and have had to deal with delays in reporting, so I know what it's like.

I find it more bothersome that every time there is a delay (which is fairly frequent), there are like 5 or 6 forum posts and Q&A questions about it. HubPages is a large site that has a large audience, so it's almost to be expected, but still annoying.

1. Christa Michelle profile image58
      Christa Michelleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am new to this site so it is disappointing not knowing if my work is paying off day to day, not knowing if I did good or bad until days later.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)