How To Get Hundreds of Pinterest Pins - Without Even Owning an Account

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (44 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/315373_10151163758435832_2143841056_n.jpg

It seems my answers got lost in the last thread. So here is the simple way to get pins. Make an image like the one above (with your hub title), place it on your hub and leave it. That's it. It's simple. Using this technique I have over 30,000 pins on my hubs. Yes, it IS that simple, although I have a more in depth guide hub, the above image should be fairly self explanatory. Enjoy. smile

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!  Thanks WryLilt.  I don't get a lot of pins, so I will definitely give this a try. What a great idea!

2. Robie Benve profile image96
      Robie Benveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is really a wonderful tip!  Thanks a lot for sharing. : )

3. mvillecat profile image69
      mvillecatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What kind of software do you have to make an image like this?

4. Brie Hoffman profile image61
      Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm confused..how do you make an image with your title on it?

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I use PowerPoint and Picasa.

Insert the image into a PP slide. Insert a text box and type the title. Use whatever font and font effect you want. Group the image and the text box, and save the grouped image slide as a jpg file. Add the jpg file to Picasa and crop as needed to get rid of any white space and apply other effects, if you want. Export your modified image.

There are probably easier ways to do this, but PP and Picasa are what I have at hand, and they work pretty well.

2. MyWebs profile image78
        MyWebsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I use GIMP for most of my image editing needs. It is a free program that does much of what Photoshop does and many things it doesn't. It is a very powerful image editor that features masks and layers. It take a little while to learn you way around it, but it's not so hard to learn imo and well worth the effort.

3. kgala0405 profile image66
        kgala0405posted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are a few websites that allow you create images like this for free.  I wrote a hub on 7 of them. I would leave a link, but I don't think I am supposed to.  If you want to check it out you can search it, it's called "7 Good Photo Editing Websites that are Free."

I don't mean to promote the hub, I just think it is helpful.  I don't mention GIMP in the hub since it isn't an actual web site, but that is probably the closest thing to Photoshop that you'll find for free.

5. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, WryLilt! I'm going to give this a try!

6. GiblinGirl profile image71
      GiblinGirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great tip WryLilt.  I'll definitely give this a try.

2. IndikaT profile image72
    IndikaTposted 11 years ago

You are awesome.  I have followed many of your tips and will follow this too. Thank you....

3. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 11 years ago

Well, WryLilt, I finally got off my duff and created a pic for Pinterest, replaced the original pic in my hub with the "Pint-Pic", and pinned the hub...

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6969931_f248.jpg

It didn't take long to do. It was a matter of finding a pic that lent itself to text.

Thanks for the great idea!

1. profile image0

Had to go pin it...looks great!

LOL, summerberrie. Glad you liked it. smile

4. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

Great idea - just used it on a hub!

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 11 years ago

I'm hoping the answer to this will be No, but... Is there any way HubPages might view these images as watermarked, etc.? I remember that being a problem some months ago.

ETA: Actually, I realize that I have plenty of pics with lettering across them, and I'm wondering why some are okay, but some count as watermarked. Does anyone know the explanation?

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

A 'watermark' is a name or url not a slogan or title.

HP has never been clear about what they consider watermarking.

A watermark may be one of two things...a simple visible sign of ownership written in text, like a URL, or, an embedded piece of code that is not visible or if it is visible, then has invisible properties. (Others would have to explain that, because I don't know the technology behind it.)

If you see photos that have copyright info appearing in faint text across the photo, or a clearly identified business name, then these are watermarks, and you have no business using them without permission or without paying for them. Once you get permission or pay for them, you'll be given an image that doesn't display that watermark.

As far as adding text to pics, as WryLilt has offered, all you are doing is enhancing or modifying an existing image with text that then becomes a graphic element. There's no hidden code behind the text, and there's no statement of ownership.

Again, HP has never been clear about what it considers watermarking. Applying text to an image and making a new image out of that, with no embedded code, is not watermarking.

WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I personally contacted HP about this. The basis of their answer is in my hub. Basically this is fine to do as long as the images look good.

2. WryLilt profile image88

I personally contacted HP about this. The basis of their answer is in my hub. Basically this is fine to do as long as the images look good.

3. Etherealenigma profile image69
        Etherealenigmaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this response. I was dealing with the watermarked warning, and I didn't know what to look for. This was a great idea. I'm going to start redoing my pics on all my hubs. Thumbs up!

7. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 11 years ago

Thanks for the clarification, ps.

8. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 11 years ago

I just tried it on a hub I am writing now- lots of fun and I like the look~

9. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

As I understand it, a watermark is a faint impression that runs across the whole image, affecting its aesthetic qualities. After all, originally it meant a design impressed into a sheet of blank paper, which was only visible when held up to the light, and which was used to confirm the authenticity of a document/bank note. Text which is legibly incorporated in a non-intrusive manner into an image is not a watermark by any definition. Hubpages is totally ridiculous in banning various other types of text incorporated into an image. These are not live links, for heavens sake!

10. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years ago

I don't understand how you can write on a picture..is there some kind of software that allows you to do this?

thanks

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Any photo editing software will allow you to do that. Even Paint allows it.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can use any art program or even use Microsoft Word - Import a Picture and then add a text box on top....

11. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

You can download a program like PhotoScape - it is free. http://www.photoscape.org
    PhotoScape allows you to re-size,crop and add frames and make adjustments to your images.

When you 'write' on a picture in photo editing you can select the opacity of the text. You would use a more 'see thro'  version to add a watermark. You can even add a shadow to the text. It  is supposed to make it more difficult to copy.  That is not the effect you want for this though.

When you add text to an image you need to position it well if you want the image to look good.

You need to use images that you have a right to use such as public domain ones that state you are free to copy them and use them for commercial use. If you do not have your own images you could try looking somewhere like http://pixabay.com/.

Some people do seem to think they can just 'lift images' from Google image but this is not the case they are often not copyright free.

Hope that this is useful info.

12. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Ok for those asking - I use a site called Picmonkey.com - free, easy and can be done in minutes.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, WryLilt.

2. profile image0
      Marye Audetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Picmonkey is probably one of the easiest sites to use.... another of my favorites is http://fotoflexer.com/ which allows you to work with layers for specific effects

Thanks! Will have to try that. Still too lazy to work out Gimp.

1. profile image0

My problem is time. I just got  new, somewhat fancier camera and I have to take time to learn it (yeah right) and I have a photo editing program but that is going to take time to learn, too. Blah.

Same here! And I only have two kids. Don't know how you manage!!

1. profile image0

coffee, Ritalin, and determination

big_smile

13. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Thank you WryLilt , it is a very interesting site lots of different applications to experiment with.

14. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 11 years ago

I gave WryLilt's advice a try. Not as eye-catching as hers but thought I'd share....one is from a recent hub and the other is one I went back and changed.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6985057_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6985059_f248.jpg

Thanks, WryLilt, for sharing this information-

15. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years ago

I tried it too, but didn't get much of a response.

1. profile image0

Well, even if they don't get many pins- I still think they look more polished and professional. Hopefully, one will be an eye-catcher!

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
        Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree and it doesn't hurt to try.

16. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

If at all you'll want help creating some pictures such as this, I've started a new blog (URL on my profile). The next post is going to be about creating Made for Pinterest Pics. So, your welcome to come and join me there. I won't be posting about it later on as it would be advertising. But, these are some of the pics I created:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5pxtZjEJSpA/UCCd42JLkNI/AAAAAAAAAJs/wUFgQMmDCmE/s320/I+quit.pnghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-40P5PhuebIA/UCC4Cht44gI/AAAAAAAAAKE/snoAi3rU5ks/s320/pedal.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vp5tRD0XS48/UCJ2vyDD7sI/AAAAAAAAANI/s72kB-THhW8/s200/greenapples.png

1. profile image0

Wow, lobobrandon! I will defiantly find you- these look great!Like the new avatar, too.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Summerberrie smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)