What other false credit is due to Obama?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. phion profile image61
    phionposted 11 years ago

One of the biggest arguments I hear for how Obama has done a “good job” over the last 3 plus years is that he ended the war in Iraq. Well that’s like saying he killed Osama.

Obama didn’t end anything in Iraq. He ordered our forces to tuck tail and leave a country that could’ve become a great ally in a troublesome region. All the billions of dollars, and thousands of lives were lost in vain. There is nothing to show. We should’ve never been there in the first place isn’t an educated argument. The only argument is what did we do after we were there. The usual…ohh well the folks back home are getting tired of the war, time to start reducing troops and tying their hands behind their backs. Call it a withdraw, and not a retreat. Truth is Afghanistan and Iraq should’ve and could’ve been over with 5-6 years ago, if America still had the heart she once did.

What did the average American sacrifice while its country was in this multi front war? I’m not talking about WWII; we all know their sacrifices gave them the title of the greatest generation.

Gutless and cowardly politics have forced our armed forces to accept failure in nearly every military campaign since Korea. Obama has nothing new to offer in this category. This is evident in the disrespect our current President commands from his fellow world leaders. Putin especially, but also many other world leaders are drooling over a second Obama term. The top dog that was once America has grown fat, complacent, and all together ignorant to the realities of our day.

Sorry for writing so much...it's been awhile since I've vented.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gutless and cowardly politics have forced our armed forces to accept failure in nearly every military campaign since Korea.

I don't think it's gutless and cowardly politics so much as the fact that the American people tend to fall like lemmings for our leaders' war mongering and rush in all rah rah without really thinking things over, before realizing too late when the boxes start coming home that we have not, in fact, been in a war that deserved such sacrifice on our part since World War 2.

Some day maybe we'll figure out the game before losing our sons and daughters to it, but we haven't yet.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

No guts nukem? I read Bibi is blackmailing Obama, that if no obedience he will nuke Iran.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, let's hope those folks in Florida can see through Bibi.

2. phion profile image61
      phionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope nukes don't start to fall, because if they do this time I doubt they will stop after two.

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

It would have been impossible for Obama to end the war in Iraq 5-6 years ago.
    He was not the president then.

1. phion profile image61

No he wasn't, and I never said it was solely his fault. He just keeps the same ol song and dance going. The failure is as much Bush's fault as anyone's, if not more so for starting it in the first place.

The point was that he didn’t end anything, much less a war, which by the way still rages beyond the American citizen’s eye sight.

Credit where credit is due is an old idea these days.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

At least he is attempting to bring troops home. Romney on the other hand, has a new project lined up for them.

1. phion profile image61

Ohhh he does?...do you have any insight as to what…I’d like to know?

No one wants our troops to be deployed. I just added another brother to a long list last week in Afghanistan. Matty KIA 02AUG2012.  If we are going to leave our loved ones and children to go to foreign lands because our country says we are needed, then send us to win and accomplish the mission for which we are sent!

I just got out of the Army after 9 years of service starting in 03’. Nothing hurts me more and brings more continued pain than knowing that our leaders could care less about the mission for which we went, and how we were forced to fail by the bureaucrats in Washington.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

I believe he did, however, vote against that one, too.

1. phion profile image61

You mean he did actually vote?

4. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

phion,
    I do agree with your comment about these wars being invisible to Americans.
    Yes, too many American parents have sacrificed. They have lost their children.
    But in terms of actual national sacrifice as in WWII, not at all.

To most, these wars are invisible.
    Which goes back to my comment above. As long as "we" are being fed a steady stream of "rah rah troops" and "get those evil terrorists" propaganda, we support the war.
    But as a country we get bored and distracted easily.

Not to worry, tho. The war drums are already beating again. As per Hollie Thomas' post.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)