Whats with the DUPLICATE label ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Preethi Anusha profile image68
    Preethi Anushaposted 11 years ago

Hi hubbers .. I've got  a Hub on Hanuman Chalisa . Its chanting  of  a Hindu God. Its one of my best hubs . But unfortunately its being marked as duplicate by HP. How can I change a prayer ? How can that be made anymore original ? Its obviously going to be same in any site. Moreover, my hub is different in many ways ( has pics explaining each verse , self translated , supplementary video )   

What can I do ? Is there a way to get rid of the 'duplicate' label .. I really don't want it there.

1. Cardisa profile image86
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The exact copy of this paragraph, word for word is found on a facebook page:

"Many of the Hanuman devotees insist on reciting the 40 verses 7 times a day ( as its mentions in the Chalisa itself) in order to gain blessing from the lord . But I personally either go through the verses or listen to the bhajan atleast once a day because of the kind of mental peace it beings . I still can not recite the chalisa without reading it from the book . But I made it a point to understand it fully ."

I also suspect other paragraphs in your intro has been used elsewhere as well along with the descriptions of the photos.

90% of the content of that hub has been duplicated. I suggest rewriting the hub in your own words. Make sure you have more original content in the hub than that which you copy or reuse. A good ratio would be 2:1 so for every word of reused content you have two original words of your own that way your hub will be 2/3 original.

Preethi Anushaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for taking the time  Cardisa .
        But except the part that is in Hindi ( which is the prayer ) all else is written by me. I can add no more to it . It would be exaggeration.   
        Yes , I've just seen the FB page. The hub has been exactly copied. And some other sites using the same images.
        How unfair is it for my work being label duplicate for other's apathy !
        Don't really understand what to do .
        Sigh !

Deleted

I came back and double checked your hub. All the other content except for the prayers and descriptions are original.

I deleted my earlier comment. The hub is very popular and I can see many of your people have visited and left comments and I assume you get lots of traffic as well.

(1) that paragraph up above, reword it to make it more your own.

(2) Give us a little history of who Hanuman Chalisa was and why he became so important.

(3) Write something about the importance of going to temple in your country or family. By the time you are done you should have at least 300 more words.

I would also rearrange the hub and photos so that the wording is on the left of each photo. It takes a while to scroll through it and with more content it's going to be even longer.

Thank you so much ...
              I have contacted the admin of that FB page.  Hopefully that should work .. else, I'll try the above.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I think that if you add some original text to make the prayer text less than 40% of hub, HP will let it live.

Except the prayer part , which is in Hindi ( which I cannot change ) , all else is written by me . Not copied form any source .

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then it looks like Cardisa has found some people who stole your content. sad

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

You also posted the text on your facebook page, that makes it duplicate.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Okay it is someone else's page.  Report the plagiarism and get it taken down. The email hubstaff to explain the problem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)