I was discovered on HubPages/Hollywood came calling

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (47 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image76
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

So, I just wrapped up my segment on the new upcoming TLC show on cleaning, title unknown at this time.  However the proposed air date is mid December. For sure air date, and show title forthcoming.

I was "discovered," from my hub on cleaning. Yea big_smile for HubPages!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A very definite WTG!!! Sincere congratulations!

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just goes to show that there is a lot more involved than just earnings via ad views. smile Congratulations!

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, fastfreta smile

fastfretaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Hollie!

4. kissayer profile image63
      kissayerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Thanks kissayer!

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

FANTASTIC!!!!

3. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, fastfreta! That's great news!

4. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks guys, it was a grueling four day, ten to twelve hour shoot, but I truly enjoyed the experience.  I had the greatest crew. I almost wish I could do this for life, what I have left of it, LOL lol

5. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 11 years ago

How fun...keep us informed. I would love to see the episode!

Oh for sure, I suspect you all will get tired of me long before the air date. lol

6. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!!! Wow, amazing! Hurrah to Hubpages. big_smile  Enjoy the shoot and all.

Oh, I did thoroughly enjoy the experience. This was not on my bucket list, however I'm so glad it came along. Thanks ripplemaker.

1. ripplemaker profile image77
        ripplemakerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The closest I came to a tv show was having my nephew participate in a segment where the kids came dressed in Halloween costumes.  We watched them from the sides.  LOL But he was kinda shy then but the twins from our preschool won the best costumes award!

fastfreta, so will your show be one segment or a series of them?  smile

I will only be on for the pilot, so be sure you catch it then.

7. fastfreta profile image76

This is a new series, a light hearted opposite of Hoarders.  I'm just one of four for the pilot. If you go over and read my hub on "why I love to clean," you'll understand just why they came calling. 
    The series will be done here, and in the UK.

1. mythbuster profile image72
      mythbusterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't catch the name of the show so I can look for it, fastfreta. Can you let us know what the show is called?

8. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 11 years ago

Please be careful. I also got this invitation and I choose to ignore it. I hope that it is wonderful and works out for you but step carefully please. There are a lot of scams out there. smile

Thanks Marye for your concern, I do agree about the scams, however I've already taped the show. From the beginning I never had any doubt about the show. The only question that I had along the way was whether I would be chosen. By the way the studio is just down the street from where I stay here in L.A.

1. profile image0
        Marye Audetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's AWESOME! I am glad... I am probably overly cautious but I have been burned a couple  of times. I look forward to seeing it.

Thanks Marye, I've noticed that promos for TLC shows begin about a month or so before the show actually comes out.  The executive producer is keeping in close contact with me and says the date for release is on schedule, however it's not set in stone, and possibly could be pushed back.

9. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

Congrats Fastfreta! I can't wait to see it!

Thanks SmartAndFun, I can't wait also.

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years ago

congrats!...

11. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Very cool fastfreta! I am happy for you. None of my business, but will they actually pay you for your work?

Yeah, but the pay is not very much, not very much at all.  Good thing I had a good time. LOL! lol

1. snakeslane profile image80
        snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right on...but at least they paid you something, and who knows where this could take you. All the best.

Yeah, that's what they are saying, so we'll see! hmm

12. profile image54
    gautams1posted 11 years ago

Congratulations and best of luck!!!

13. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

Can't wait til they show it in the UK!  Well done!

14. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 11 years ago

Hey fastfreta, congrats! Please keep us posted about how things are going with the TLC show! Can't wait to view it!

In response to what Marye Audet has said tho' - I think most of us need to be really careful about people who contact us claiming to want to work with us.

I responded to a couple of similar email requests (from paranormal tv sites - if you've seen some of my hubs, you'll know why 'paranormal' lol) who said they were interested in interviewing me AND people who have contacted me about paranormal experiences. I found some of these "outsiders" seemed more interested in exploiting the people who email me to share their stories than anything else.

When I have stated up front that I will not disclose details about people who contact me with their accounts of "cryptid, spirit, etc" sightings and urban legends, the "interested parties" tend to stop contacting me or somehow leak their not so innocent intentions.

15. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks, all you guys. This will be the longest 4 months of my life. I'm anxious to see what footage they will use of the four days of shooting. Oh by the way they don't have a name for the show as yet. They say that happens a lot.  The name is the last thing added before promos begin. I will let all know when the promos begin, and the exact air date.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG, congrats to you, fastfreta. This is wonderful. I will absolutely be tuning in to this opposite take on my favorite show, Hoarders. As a new hubber who just started 5 days ago, you are an inspiration. Break a leg, sis!

16. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks again all.  This will perhaps be the longest four months of my life, waiting for this show to air.  Since I won't know how I look on television until the show actually air, even more anxiety is added.

Welcome to HubPages janshares, have fun here as I do and write, write, read and share.

17. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

This is absolutely cool!  I'm glad for you....it's a wonderful experience.  I know .  It's very empowering to be selected from thousands because of your abilities, personality and ideas.   I was selected and participated in the making of a new reality television pilot (which was shelved after completion) for CBS.  Though the show never aired, the experience in itself was validating and fulfilling.

Let us know when the air date is and what network.  I know they've bound you up by those ridiculous 'confidentiality agreements', but the bark is worse than the bite.  They try to put the fear in you.  As long as you don't share any network secrets or try to make your own money off the show, they will leave you alone.    Go girl!!!

18. fastfreta profile image76

Thanks donotfear, that's my fear, the show being shelved before it sees the light of day. As you said even if it doesn't air it was validating, fulfilling and fun. The air date is set for mid December.  Also, the name hasn't been decided upon as yet.

19. fastfreta profile image76

Whoop de de, I just got my check from doing the show! I got to run out now and buy a loaf of bread and bottle of water. It's a good thing that I had fun doing this show, because the pay "stinks," LOL! I was told that "Reality TV" pays next to nothing and believe me they weren't lying. roll  But again I had loads of fun, smile and can't wait to see the results.

The last thing I heard about the air date is December 23, 2012.  However I'm convinced if it comes out at all it will be sometime in January.  So keep a lookout on TLC for the promos.  Still don't know the name of the show yet. hmm

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You never know... if the show is a hit and viewers love you, you never know what that could lead to! I can imagine you doing commercials for cleaning products or having a cleaning advice show. Who knows where it could lead! I think it's very exciting just to be chosen for the show anway!

That would be so cool. I do hope something comes of this, because I need to make a living, even at this age. And oh yes it was very exciting, because from what I understand many were called, but few chosen.

20. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

Keep us posted ane we'll be looking for you.
    (Bread and water? You're not in jail are you?)

No, but that's about all I can buy with my little check! LOL!  lol  I'll keep the community posted, however keep a eye out on TLC, they usual begin the promos about two to three weeks out.

21. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Way to go fastfreta, I hope I get to see your show.

Thanks snakeslane, I hope so too.  Actually I hope it's not one of those like "donotfear's" put in the can and never come out.  See, "donotfear's comment above, about the show that she did.

22. fastfreta profile image76

Here is one of the links that I posted previously.

23. Scribenet profile image61
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

Congrats!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)