I need all my hubber help

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. chanroth profile image49
    chanrothposted 11 years ago

Hi everyone, I know that each and everyone of you are all great writer in your own special way and have entertain more than thousands to millions of people each day. I am a program assistant at three different high school and many of the student there love writing poetry and stories. May I ask each and everyone of you to write a quote of encouragement for these new young writer. Many have said they wanted to become an author some day. I would also love to hear from you telling me what is special about writing, what encourage you to write, and what is your goal as a writer. To make just only money or because writing is your passion? Pls help out....I'm doing this project for students 6-12 grade.

Thank you

1. writer20 profile image60
      writer20posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was hate that first made me write a story to get it all out of me and it worked.

Maybe something like this for a quote:- Writing a verse or paragraph every day helps you to become a good writer.

2. Deborah Brooks profile image61
      Deborah Brooksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would say the passion of writing getting my words out on paper.. .that is the only way I know to express myself.  if you are writing just to make money than you are in the wrong business. if you write because you love it then keep it up and if you make money that makes it even better... I just love to write,, and it makes my dreams come true.

3. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wrote my first poem at about age 15, a sad poem about leaving a first love behind when I moved to California. It was pretty bad as poetry goes. One thing that really encouraged my writing was an A+ on a book report in my junior year from a teacher I really liked. The book was a big long novel about WW 2 called The Young Lions. Keep writng no matter what would be my advice.

4. Shri Mc profile image60
      Shri Mcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is a great age for kids since they are having new experiences with friends and their own as well.  I usually write  down a thought for each day until they can be combined into a short story. Plus you should write down any strange or confusing things that happened because someone else had that experience and could not figure out what it meant. Then you should always write down those things that bring you joy so others will learn to appreciate and recognise the small things that bring them joy. Keep record of the negative things that happened to you only not to let them happen again if you can help it but take the positive lesson from it. Dream a lot because great things come to us in dreams. Love your work as is but make another copy that you tweek for your audiences. Most of all just enjoy it because only you are good at being your awesome self!

2. pstraubie48 profile image80
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will certainly misunderstand them.
    John Ruskin

Another one was said by one of my first Principals when I was a beginning teacher and expressed to him my passion for writing. He encouraged me but said...
    'Never become to enamored of your words." (Meaning....write, read, edit, change, revise...writing is a work in progress even when it is finished.

3. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

I'll tell you what I always tell people when asked (it's mainly about writing novels, but I guess it applies to online stuff sort of):

Writing is not a dream, it's a discipline. If you are dreaming about becoming a writer someday, it's because you are dreaming, not writing.

4. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

"A thought not communicated is has no value to others" ed (just now)

5. hockey8mn profile image67
    hockey8mnposted 11 years ago

How do you know where your going if you don't remember where you've been?

6. Good Guy profile image83
    Good Guyposted 11 years ago

Writing stimulates your mind to think clearly.  You cannot write without a clear thinking mind.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I've written two stories where when I started them I didn't know how they would end. The stories practically wrote themselves. I enjoyed those two experiences the most over all my writing endeavors.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Both ended up being podcast by HP by the way. big_smile

1. Shri Mc profile image60

So cool!

8. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

Writing fiction has introduced me to my very dark, macabre side. big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I could use a good macabre. Post a link if so inclined.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It remains unfinished. I unintentionally frightened myself.

2. Shri Mc profile image60

I love science fiction because it really makes you wonder hmmm?

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

It really made my day. It's nice to be loved... big_smile

10. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 11 years ago

I have been composing songs and poems since I could talk. I feel they have improved somewhat since those first efforts cool. Like most writers, I write because I need to write - ideas pop into my head for a story, a poem, a song, and I must write them.

Writing is one of the easiest and hardest things to do. Not everyone who writes can write well, though - that requires the discipline to edit, re-edit, and chuck it all out and start over. It requires the determination to keep going, to keep sending in submissions. It also requires belief yourself, and in the value of your work.

Anyone can write - anyone can spew words and emotions onto a page. Good writers engage our interest. They go beyond what they feel, and into the realms of what they can make us feel.

1. Missy Mac profile image68
      Missy Macposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy writing and receiving feedback.  This helps me to enhance writing skills and reaching a large audience.  Making money is just an added bonus.

11. Mom Kat profile image78
    Mom Katposted 11 years ago

I've been writing since I could write!  At age 5 I was writing simple poetry.  By the time I was in 3rd grade I was onto short stories.  Writing has always been my favorite form of expression smile

I've written poems for friends & family, homemade greeting cards with little poetic verses, short stories, long stories, epitaphs, articles, & hubs. I've written resumes for friends & family, memo's for co-workers, and kept a personal journal. 

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't write!

I would suggest that you encourage your students to read topics or subjects that interest them from a number of different authors.  When they find a writing style they like, have them explain or figure out what they like about that author's style.  By identifying what draws them in they can start to find their own identity in writing style and form.

Also, encourage verbal story telling.  The more you can open up your mind and think of stories "on the fly" the more your creative juices get flowing.  Perhaps show a picture in class and have them make up something about it.

The big hurtle for me was spelling.  I wasn't a strong speller and at times, I still struggle with it.  Spelling isn't the focus of good writing.  The ability to express yourself in a way that appeals to others is. (The mechanics will come in time)  Keep the focus on the message.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)