blogs

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Kevin Sciantarell profile image60
    Kevin Sciantarellposted 11 years ago

Are you permitted teo submit your own articles from your own blog on here?

1. SmartAndFun profile image95
      SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, as long as you remove them from your blog first, and then wait until google has deindexed them.

2. Kevin Sciantarell profile image60

Thanks! What if we just compose the blog here first and then put in in our blog?

1. relache profile image74
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wherever you recycle the content, Google will rank down that site for being unoriginal.

3. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

No, you cannot have the same material here and elsewhere on the web.

Kevin Sciantarellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I honestly misunderstood the service.   I would like to reiterate to everyone that my blogs are original content.

4. Kevin Sciantarell profile image60

Are there other ways to promote a blog?  This is a fine service but obviously not oriented towards small business people.   Much like facebook.   Any ideas would be appreciated.

It's not that this site isn't oriented towards small business people, it's that it was developed as a place to create original content and has been designed to not be a place to reuse content or generate backlinks for commercial businesses.

I'm surprised since you are a lawyer that you did not read the terms of this site before agreeing to them....

Thank you for the information.  My blogs are always original content.

I recommend you go back and do some re-reading in regards to backlinking and seeking promotion for personal sites.

thanks.  All I really want is for my blog to be "registered" or put into the "directories."  I am very new to blogging so I may not be using the correct terminology.  I am content to just write my blog on my law firm website and let whoever wants to read it, read it (or not).  But it seems there should be a way to allow people to know of it.  I am going to cancel hubpages but wait until tomorrow so anyone on this tread can offer any tips they may have.  Thanks again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Kevin, the fundamental point is that posting exactly the same article in two places on the net is counter-productive.  In the olden days (in internet terms, that's two years ago), it was a good way to spread the word about your blog.  Now, it isn't.   Because the internet changes so fast, you may still see advice to the contrary - but it's out of date.

You will also see sites which invite you to post the "full" feed of your blog (which means every blog post also appears on their site), and think they're providing a useful service.  They're not.  They're stealing your work in the guise of being helpful.

Publicising a blog today can be challenging.  One of the most effective ways is by "article marketing".  That means you look for blogs where you can contribute a single post (say, 300 to 400 words) about a legal topic, which contains a hyperlink back to your blog.  You can search for blogs using the Google blog search and email the blog owner to offer a post.  However your post needs to be unique, not something that's already published on your own blog. 

There is a service called MyBlogGuest where you can contact blog owners looking for posts.

You can also contribute articles to sites like HubPages - however again, the articles need to be unique. You'll find very few sites on the internet today, who will accept recycled work.

Thanks.  This is the best information I have heard. I am inclined to just write my blog and let google sort it out.  If people find it and like it then all the better, if not, oh well.  But I will check out MyBlogGuest.  I had no idea there was so much outdated information on the web about this.  Too complicated for me.  I thought it was a good practice to submit your blog.  I thought it was accepted practice to submit blog posts to places like this!   LOL.  I'd love to read your blog.  I will probably break some rule by posting this but my email is kevin@855kevin11.com if you wanna send the link.  Thanks again!

2. Kevin Sciantarell profile image60

May not cancel.  I think I am getting it. You just can't duplicate articles you write for submission on hubpages on your blog.  Keep them separate.  Right?

5. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

If you are here simply to promote your business in a blatant manner, you will constantly run foul of the "over-promotional" rule and have your hubs unpublished.

6. tamron profile image69
    tamronposted 11 years ago

You can submit your blog on bloggers.com you will get more followers and comments from there if your blog is new update with a new post every day if your blog has some age put up a new post at least once a week.

The most important traffic you should focus on is traffic coming from search.

Thank you Tamron.  I am registering with the blog directories.  As for posting original content, as alluded to in other posts, my blogs are entirely original content written by myself on timely legal issues.  I suppose I misunderstood this service's conception of "original content."   I do not know what their definition would be.

7. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Unless misinformed, Blogs are considered Personal Material {My Weekend At Bernies} whereas Hubs are Informational Material {How to Build A House Out Of Straw, iPad Review, Best Oatmeal Recipe Ever!}.
    HP frowns on articles of a personal nature unless they are highly informative//relevant to the Category Sub-category, and organic in their explanation of events.

James.

Thanks.   I author a legal blog that cites to statutes and case law, etc.  It is never personal information.  I am looking for places that accept such articles (other than my own wordpress blog).  It's really not a commercial blog.  It is offered to anyone to read and contains what I believe is free and helpful legal information.  @jacharless, if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.  Tamron suggested bloggers.com.  I am new to blogging.  I post a legal blog on my site about twice a week.  Thanks for any input.

1. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Think nothing of it.
        Blogger is a Google owned//operated platform, so more oft than not content posted within their parameters gets top priority. Hub Pages is a very useful, informative and publish-ready platform, with a host of tools, learning tutorials and obviously community support. In addition, having close ties to Double Click, their own unique Revenue Generation model, Amazon//eBay and UGC delivery system, offer what most sites do not.

I publish here and on two top-tier technology sites as well, being sure not to duplicate articles or spin them to appear different. Organic is always best. To extend reach in your respective genre, I recommend high level PR7 back link or social bookmark directories, that cater specifically to legal information above everything else. This adds that much more credibility to your writing and increased niche market awareness.
        Good Hunting & Happy Hubbing!

James.

Thanks. I think I am getting it.  It is okay to put your blog link in the credentials/profile part but just do not duplicate what you write here on the blog.  Right?

Not sure about high "level PR7 back link or social bookmark directories."  New to blogging.

8. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

Why not keep your account here and write some more informational articles? The one you up have seems fine to me and does a clear job of explaining a specific point of law. It offers good advice for the average person. It seems like a good fit for HP to me. On your HP articles you can place a link back to your blog, and on your blog you can place a link to your HubPages profile or specific articles. Your blog will gain more traffic and authority, and your HP articles will gain more traffic and authority.

What HP means by "original content" is that they don't want you to post the same articles on HP and on your blogs. They can be related and linked, but the articles here must not be found anywhere else on the web. "Unique" might be a better word than "original" in this instance.

Oh, thanks.  So If I write an article on here just do not make it also a blog on my blog?  They rejected one I submitted and I cannot think of anywhere else it would be (other than my blog).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)