Todd Akin Claims Breastmilk Cures Homosexuality

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Todd Akin Claims Breast milk Cures Homosexuality
    August 26th, 2012
    Missouri U.S. senate candidate Todd Akin has stoked more outrage today by claiming that male homosexuality is a disease and that the medical establishment has found the cure.

The Republican congressman, already under fire for his controversial comments regarding rape, told a reporter for Cape Giradeau's KBSI 23 News that "female breastmilk - when fed directly to an adult homosexual male daily for at least four weeks - has a 94% chance of permanently curing homosexual perversions."
    read on..
    http://dailycurrant.com/2012/08/26/todd … sexuality/
    Is this man alright? has he had a stroke? roll

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Geez, he should be locked up in a rubber room smile

2. American View profile image62
      American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To steal a famous line " and the hits just keep on coming".

Like pretty panther I am not sure if this article was satire or not, but if it wasn't I foresee a ride in the Twinkie mobile in his near future. What a freaking idiot, his family must be so proud.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, has anyone called the men in white coats yet?

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

First, I wondered if the article is satire?  Is it?  Surely, it is?

Then, I realized how sad it is that one can't be sure whether it is satire or not!  Republican politicians have actually said things that stupid.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

"The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper "

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the clarification..I found other sites that stated it was satire as well..I guess people would readily beleive that he thinks this way...smile

4. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

it clearly states at the top of the web page...... "The Global Satirical Newspaper of Record"

for crying out loud people,..... the man if a certified dip shit,.... but one of the bold print tags in the SATIRICAL artcle was...... "lesbians can be cured by drinking something else"

for the love of god, yawheay, jahova or freeking skittles,.... grow up and put your litteracy to use.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I admit, I didn't read the article...

Not unexpected that he would say such a thing though smile

Lighten up...

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Um, you have to admit, it's not that much weirder than believing women have some automatic sperm repellant that deploys during legitimate rape.

5. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

oh i agree with ya'll compleetely,.... the man is a walking jackwagon,.... it takes a lot,... A LOT for the national GOP to cut some one off like they have akin,... my god they still flirt with rick perry for skittles sake! ha!

he's not just scientificaly challeged,... he's politicaly retarded............... and this man has sat on the science ad tech commitee,...................... stunning.

it speakes to his overall reputation that something this blatantly satirical could be taken seriously re; him,................... if i published an article stating that he believed in a magical vaginay fairy that protected only the virtuous wombs from invading rape sperm,.... and that the un-virtuous wombs of sluts have lost thier vagina fairys,... and sluts can only get their guardian vagina fairys back by attending church and donating 100$ to the akin campaign,..............

but then i do go on at times,........ i just like typing the words "vagina fairy"

1. JayeWisdom profile image88
      JayeWisdomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

st. clair, the premise of your article is funny, but the sad fact is that satire about Akins can be taken as factual because he's such an imbecile. What is even scarier is that people with such an incredible lack of intellect are representing Americans in Congress!

6. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Hmmm. Instead of pseudo science, we now have satiro-science, Ha ha! The Onion fools me every time until I read that it is The Onion publishing the article.

Akin is still an ignorant slag who needs to lose.

7. nina64 profile image69
    nina64posted 11 years ago

I would like to know where Mr. Akin is getting his information. He is way off course and needs to take a couple of biology and science classes. I feel sorry for anyone that votes for him!!!!!!!!

1. stclairjack profile image77
      stclairjackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

most of the pointy heads that repeat this sort of dissinformation are actualy trying to repeat talking points that have been fabricated from cherry picked info.

one could argue that ......... "violent rape perpetrated by a stranger results in viable full term pregancy a very small amount of time",... and statisticaly this is true,... the trauma both physical and psycological tend to make the odds of a viable full term pregnancy very low,..... BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS A MAGIC VAGINA FAIRY.... (i love saying vagina fairy)

and even then,.. there is so much involved in definition,... how one defines rape,.... or legislates its redefinition.

the fact that we are letting two faced hack oliticians define or redefine rape in the country because it has bearing on how we legislate abortion rights,....

makes me vomit in my own mouth and have to swallow it,...... wonder what sinfull dissorder that cures.

8. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

The really crazy thing is, some people would actually vote for him BECAUSE of such a claim.
    Todd Akin's got a cure for homosexuality! He definitely gets my vote!
    lol

1. JayeWisdom profile image88
      JayeWisdomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you being satirical or literal?

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wish I was being satirical. Dead serious.

9. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Breast milk cures a lot of things but that's not one of them!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)